It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Hovering over Downtown Los Angeles!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by sugarcookie1

Unfortunately these pics are small, if you want I will email the originals to anyone who's interested. I strongly suggest you zoom in on the pics and look at it from different angles, especially upside down. The closer you get, the less it looks like a could.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by HumansRuleTheGalaxy

OK...lets look here.
Your pic. Larger size.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f52efb14f15c.jpg[/atsimg]

Known lenticular cloud:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/620dd8bbc7f1.jpg[/atsimg]

Lenticular clouds are very frequently mistaken for UFO's. They have the "classic" shape we have always thought of seeing. But it is just a cloud.

edit on 9-5-2011 by webpirate because: Additional thoughts

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Sigh...
2nd sigh for emphasis.

Why is "open mindedness" synonymous with "open stupidity" around here... its clearly a cloud. More than clearly. It doesn't get more clear.
edit on 9-5-2011 by Watts because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
LOL ITS A FREAKIN ****!
Just kidding but really, its a freakin cloud lol

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

WIKIPEDIA, "Lenticular clouds (Altocumulus lenticularis) are stationary lens-shaped clouds that form at high altitudes, normally aligned perpendicular to the wind direction."

It says these clouds form at HIGH ALTITUDES. That thing I took a pic of was no higher than 1500 feet, if that.

Look at the pic up close, upside down, sideways...it's angles are identical to a saucer shaped object. I think it is an object that has generated a layer of real cloud particles around itself, similar to a human smoke machine.

By the way, how did you post the photo so large? Thanks!

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   

ATS should make uploading images easier. There are probably a lot of nice threads that are never created because people can't figure out how to do it.

On the same token, I see that it deters enormous amounts of useless junk accumulating, and if someone really had something good, they'd find a way to do it.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
One thing, in the example of a lenticular cloud posted, the cloud is surrounded by other clouds.
This one seems to be a bit of a loner, why would the conditions be right for this cloud to form
but not others?

just a thought. Been having really weird cloud formations here over the past few days.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   

OK. They can form up to 13,000 or so feet, but don't have to. I linked an article below that describes what causes them to form. I also have added an image from NOAA after the article that pictures what the article is talking about.
Their formation has to do with warm moist air rising after coming over a mountain, or very hilly region.

They form when a current of moist air is forced upwards as it travels over a mountain, causing the moisture to condense and form a cloud. Sometimes the air is forced into a wave pattern, generating what is known as a wave cloud. Wave clouds can look like strings of discs spreading out from the leeward side of the mountain. They can also form miniature waves which sometimes look exactly like a choppy sea.

One interesting thing about lenticular clouds is that they look like they are perfectly stationary and frozen in time. This is not, in fact, the case. These clouds appear stationary because the flow of moist air continually resupplies the cloud from the windward side even as water evaporates and vanishes from the leeward side. Lenticular clouds can look like they are hovering for hours or days, until the wind or weather changes and the cloud disperses.

Source

Observing and identifying lenticular clouds is generally fairly easy, because the clouds are so distinctive. If you ever see a cloud which looks like a flying saucer, a lens, or a giant beret, you're looking at a lenticular cloud. If you look around the cloud, you may see a geographical feature which is creating the conditions which lead to the formation of lenticular clouds. If you don't see a mountain or hill, there is probably a current of air running in the opposite direction to create a wave cloud.

The warmer the air, the more moisture it can hold. The point at which the air reaches moisture saturation, is called the dew point. Normally, warmer air would continue to rise after a ride like this. However, the cloud forms where the air temperature and dew point are equal.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cfe3d2cbc422.gif[/atsimg]

You can see the hilly region very close to where this cloud in your photo appears. Just like the article says to look for. These are very very frequently thought to be UFO's. You have some nice images there, but they are a cloud. Not a UFO.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f52efb14f15c.jpg[/atsimg]

I just linked to your larger image, then saved it to me ATS media account, then uploaded it. Then just added the link to the big image from my account.

edit on 9-5-2011 by webpirate because: additional explanation

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I live just NE of LA across the mountains and I see single clouds all the time with no others in sight. Maybe it's a hotbed for the ufo cloud invasion. But seriously if you watch these clouds long enough, they eventually disperse over a period of time.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Thanks for everything. Yeah really, I understand it may be a could for real. Did you read my pervious reply with the fully story? It is very conicidental, that I feel like I have some sort of implants put into my ear that very night as well. I have never ever been that guy who says he was abducted by aliens. And as of now I have no memory of what happened later that night. All I know are these facts:
1) I took pics of a cloud shaped like a ufo.
2) Of all strategic places, it's hovering over downtown Los Angeles.
3) That very night I go to sleep and wake up with "stereotypically shaped" implants in my right ear that feel identical in size and shape to the one's I've researched online.

That's all I can say. Maybe it all is a huge coincidence of galactic proportions, however if there really WAS an extra terrestrial ship they have only 2 ways to hide in the sky, invisibility cloak or cloud cloak otherwise they won't hide at all and will show the natural hull of their ship. Unless you can think of anothert way to hide in plain sight if im leaving something out.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   

I did see your additional post. I have no way to explain the other stuff...lol Probably just a coincidence. Maybe!

It's good thinking though that a UFO might disguise itself as a cloud. It makes sense. But if it were me, I'd choose a cloud different that one that resembles what I'm trying to hide!

But that may just be the brilliance in it!...

edit on 9-5-2011 by webpirate because: Spelling

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by HumansRuleTheGalaxy

Thanks for everything. Yeah really, I understand it may be a could for real.

With that all said though..they are still really cool clouds, and quite often make very interesting and impressive pictures.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   

It's good thinking though that a UFO might disguise itself as a could. It makes sense. But if it were me, I'd choose a cloud different that one that resembles what I'm trying to hide!

I see clouds all the time (not UFO shaped) and I think to myself... mostly just for my own amusement...
"Is that a UFO in disguise?"

But yeah... If I was trying to hide the fact that I am a male... why would I take on the form of a male?

Nice logic in that...

anyways beautiful picture OP!

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   

NO.....it isn't:

2) Of all strategic places, it's hovering over downtown Los Angeles.

The cloud is obviously NOT over the downtown!!! Just look at the photos, again. Look. Look again.

The cloud is over the mountains.....obviously. AND, that is right in line with where you'd expect to see a standing lenticular also....orthographic lifting, and condensing of the moisture in the atmosphere, form those style clouds.

AS TO this alleged "implant" (and your other thread, just started about it)....ummm....what do you think makes you feel so "special"? To have been (allegedly) "singled out" over the approximately how many millions of us living here in the LA area, too???

edit on 9 May 2011 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   

I clicked on the immage thinking it would get larger so i could see it and a comercial for a free ipad or gift card came up. THIS DUDE, is selling stuff on A.T.S and this is against a.t.s policy. So, what now a.t.s? I clicked on the first small pic with the blue square around it. on page 1 the first pic.

edit on 9-5-2011 by cloaked4u because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by cloaked4u

Nobody is selling crap on ATS! I posted the pics via imageshack.com maybe they are linking you to sales, but it wasn't me. Come on give me some credit, why would i post 4 real pics just to hawk garbage online?

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   

His/(her) photo is hosted on the website "Imageshack". That site has advertising as part of its profit stream...much like ATS.

Also, the coding (or whatever it's called) there allows images hosted on "Imageshack" to display in thread...as opposed to the icon you get, when you use the [ img ] --- [ /img ] tags around a URL link to an image.

Like this:

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by HumansRuleTheGalaxy

Nobody is selling crap on ATS! I posted the pics via imageshack.com maybe they are linking you to sales, but it wasn't me. Come on give me some credit, why would i post 4 real pics just to hawk garbage online?

i went there and my computer got this ad that i won a free ipad and it asked me to participate and it took me a bit to get off the junk they said i won and said sent me a pin on my phone , which it did not send me a pin on my phone, so thus it did not work and is a SCAM AS USUAL. User people want info to sell JUNK.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Well, i guess i'm a sucker , because it got on my computer. NOT. Infiltration. OH, GEE, look at this pic and then when you click on it to look at it it send you to immagshack to see the pic and i see the pic and all of a sudden. JUNK GETS PUT ON MY COMPUTER. you say that is not your fault, i say it is comercials trying to get people to put things on their web site so that they post them somewhere else so that the comercials can infiltrate your system.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join