It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Hovering over Downtown Los Angeles!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Hey everyone, this is my first post. I took 4 AMAZING pictures of a UFO over DTLA and I have finally made my 20 replies so I can post them! All I need if for someone to tell me how to add the pictures to this thread and I will post them immediately!

*edited in photos
edit on May 9th 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by HumansRuleTheGalaxy
Hey everyone, this is my first post. I took 4 AMAZING pictures of a UFO over DTLA and I have finally made my 20 replies so I can post them! All I need if for someone to tell me how to add the pictures to this thread and I will post them immediately!

login ATV videos (on top of the page...go personal upload...then you will be given a link to be copied in your post..

hope it helps

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
cant wait to see this

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Sounds promising... Don't let me down!

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   

*Go to MATS and log in with your ATS username/passowrd
*Go to MATS - MY PICTURES
*Upload photos there - MAKE SURE THEY ARE UNEDITED STRAIGHT FROM THE CAMERA
*Copy either the URL or the IMG code and paste into your post

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by heineken

login ATV videos (on top of the page...go personal upload...then you will be given a link to be copied in your post..

hope it helps

Thanks ... I did not know how to do that either...

:-)

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
betting it's some out of focus, strangely shaped lights. Like a camera in zoom would see if an airliner was flying towards it. That, or channel 7's "eye in the sky" news chopper. lol

Seriously though, I'd love to be proven wrong on this subject, but the confused photographer factor is galactic in proportions on the UFO subject.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
curious to see these too. I hope downtown LA means closeups and this thing is hovering 20 feet above the ground.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
dude as a fellow angeleno I can confirm that there are things in the LA sky sometimes that are not normal aircraft. some of it really high flying-probable black aircraft from the local military bases and what all. some of it very low like only a few thousand feet up and not aircraft or balloons. what surprises me is that most people don't notice them. but i've seen stuff in the LA skies glad I'n not the only one.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   

This is the first picture, if it works ill upload the other 3...

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by HumansRuleTheGalaxy

Cloud.

Here is an example of a lenticular cloud.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/620dd8bbc7f1.jpg[/atsimg]

Lenticular clouds, technically known as altocumulus standing lenticularis, are stationary lens-shaped clouds that form at high altitudes, normally aligned at right-angles to the wind direction. They have been mistaken for UFOs (or “visual cover” for UFOs) because these clouds have a characteristic lens appearance and smooth saucer-like shape.

www.tagbanger.com...

edit on 9-5-2011 by webpirate because: addded image

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

Indeed.

edit on 8-5-2011 by WestWood because: + 1 min

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Those are lenticular clouds.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by HumansRuleTheGalaxy

They are more examples of lenticular clouds.

Images of Lenticular clouds.

edit on 9-5-2011 by webpirate because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Is this a troll thread? Or has OP never seen a cloud?

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
At least give him some credit on taking a good photo - shame on the people that predicted blurry dots.

But alas, it does appear to be a cloud upon closer inspection.

+3 more 
posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by ToxicAngel
Is this a troll thread? Or has OP never seen a cloud?

No he's not trolling.

It is very common historically speaking for people to mistake lenticular clouds as UFOs.

And Technically, it is a type of Unidentified Flying Object.

But now that we got to look at it, we have Identified it. Therefore it is a IFO now, rather than a UFO.

So the OP is correct to label it "UFO" initially as he could not identify it.

Thank you for posting OP, interesting to see a lenticular cloud over LA today.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Yeah of COURSE it looks like a could...when humans go into the woods we disguise ourselves as the forest with our cammo. If an alien ship wanted to hide in the sky in plain sight what would it disguise itself as? A cloud!

Anyway, for those who are open minded here is my story:

Oh: I took these pictures on August 18, 2010 at 7pm (rush hour in LA hence traffic was slow on the 110 so i ahd time to notice it, and the sun was stuill up b/c it does go down till after 8pm that time fo year in LA)

I was driving north on the 110 fwy and I saw this "cloud" hovering right over Downtown! It was very low, HUGE, and just sitting there. As the photos indicate there were NO other coulds of any sort in the sky for 360 degrees! It was a perfectly clear blue day! Also, if you zoom in on the picture you will see it is saucer shaped to the extreme. You will see that this "cloud" has many straight and curved lines that exactly match the shape of a saucer and given it's proximity to the city and the fact no other clous were in the sky AND the fact that linticular clous are ALWAYS at very very high altitudes, all of these variables add up to an aftificial construct hovering over my city....but that only the beginning of the story...

So yeah I saw this thing and was like, "Oh Shiznit!" So i grabbed my camera out of my backpack in the back seat (while i am driving on the freeway!) and I start snapping pictures through my front windshiled. Then I go under the 10 fwybridge and dont see it anymore and keep driving to Hollywood. Sooooo, the next morning I wake up, and my damn right ear is swollen!!! Grrrr I'm thinking I got bit or something in the night, I don't know...but anyway, the swelling goes away super fast, like in 2 hours, and what remains in my ear freaked me out! In the lower part of my earlobe (typically where people put an ear ring) there was now a horizontal "bar" about the size of a grain of rice, and in the upper part of my ear there was a tiny round thing like a ball of sorts! Anyway, that was all 9 months ago and this SHIZNIT is still in my ear!!!

My theory? Line of sight. I beleive that they SAW me taking pictures of them and decided to tag my azz. Now I feel like a deer with an ear tag and it is NOT cool. I've grown used to it and have read up on it, and lo and behold, the ear is a common place for implants, which i didn't know until I started doing my research.

Thoughts? Similar experiences??

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I'm sorry but that is a lenticular cloud not a UFO but thanks for posting the pictures they are beautiful many people have mistaken them for UFOs ...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join