It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul A Distaster For The USA. Hes Always Wrong. Why Is There So Much Love For Him ? Wrong Paul

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Foodman
reply to post by Janky Red

plz take your fairy tales and your death threats off the board. if you disagree write why. no once cares about your personal feelings. we are only interested in the facts. present them or go away. got it

Why don't you mind your own business?

This entire thread is based upon personal opinion, got it?

Opinions of a politician or a constituent are subjective opinions

I do not agree with Paul on everything, he has great ideas in some regards and horrible ideas in others
that is my opinion.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
In all honesty, i've read your OP and as well as the links provided
You pretty much did not even offer an argument

Can you in your own words, your own words, tell me 3 things that you do not like about Ron Paul?

I do offer an argument. It is that Ron Paul has no business in dealing with the economics of the country.
1) Hes almost never right about the economy or how it works.
2) He ignores experts who tell him otherwise
3)His actions will destroy the country and I like my country.

Now I am more focused on the economic side of this. Any other positions of his I might even agree with you

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   

he has no great ideas. and now we are not discussing "personal opinion", we are discussing the truth behind the matter. ron paul has been wrong for years. stop worshiping him. ur personal thoughts dont matter in discussions only the facts do pal

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Smack
I must admit that it feels really good to be on the other side of the political derision for once; and it is all because of Ron Paul. Even five years ago there would have been a lot more people siding with the OP against Paul. Not anymore. Ron Paul is the genuine article. He is as close to a Thomas Jefferson as we are likely to see in this day and age. Good people recognize that and they take heart in the message of liberty. I feel fortunate to be a part of it.

Now, to the OP - Gorgi -- I don't want to pile on. At this point it just doesn't seem fair. I would just like to ask you a question. Who is your pick for President?

I never really said Paul was a liar. I just think that his ideas on how to run the country are a disaster.

As mu opinion for president.mmmmm. I'd like to see Hill dog run again, but thats not gonna happen. I do wish Obama was a strong president.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
So far we found 16 people that are paid to post on this site (17 if you include the op).

link   

Originally posted by gorgi

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
In all honesty, i've read your OP and as well as the links provided
You pretty much did not even offer an argument

Can you in your own words, your own words, tell me 3 things that you do not like about Ron Paul?

I do offer an argument. It is that Ron Paul has no business in dealing with the economics of the country.
1) Hes almost never right about the economy or how it works.
2) He ignores experts who tell him otherwise
3)His actions will destroy the country and I like my country.

Now I am more focused on the economic side of this. Any other positions of his I might even agree with you

You said it perfect. Ron paul has been calling for the dollar to die for over a decade. he has been wrong all those years and will continue to be wrong as he has no understand of how the world works. were did ron paul get his degree in economics again? oh that is right, he doesnt have one.

the fed has its independence because of people like ron paul. imagine if ron paul could tell Bernanke what to do. our country would burn, and people would still worship ron paul like a cult.

link   

he has no great ideas. and now we are not discussing "personal opinion", we are discussing the truth behind the matter. ron paul has been wrong for years. stop worshiping him. ur personal thoughts dont matter in discussions only the facts do pal

FEE FI FOO FUM

You are trying to troll a professional troll

Ron Paul is not wrong about the wars, the imperialism, the penal code, the war on drugs...

He is really wrong on the environment and corporations amongst other things

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by mwood
reply to post by gorgi

I have never seen anyone more misinformed. Period.

Get rid of the DOE? Yes, It should be the states job to run their schools not the federal gov.

IRS ? Yep again. It's unconstitutional and was never supposed to be a permanent deal.

DHS? What have they done except infringe on our freedoms? Seal the border - END OF PROBLEM !

FEMA? States have National Guard that can help out in emergencies, how much did FEMA help New Orleans?

The federal Reserve ?!?!?!?! Are you kidding?!?!?! OMG! Do some research. Their the ones killing this country.

"He wants to get rid of the income tax and fun the government through tariffs" This country ran fine for over 100 years running like that till the federal government got so damn big it needed more income to feed the machine..

Ron Paul knows more about the economy that the entire administration that's in there now does. If there was anyone who could fix this country it's him.

Was your post supposed to be sarcastic or what?

If this is a serious post then our liberal education system did you up good. You learned very well what they wanted you to.

You made my head hurt......I have to go now. Buh-Bye

By DOE, I meant department of energy, which we need. I do somewhat agree on the education part. I think it should be a mix of both. However states are more broke that the federal govt.

For the federal reserve, I did do my research. It is an important piece of the economy. Without it the country is severely damaged.
FEMA was mismanaged under the republican(like Paul) president Bush. Its not the same anymore.

Ron Paul has no training or education in economics. Ben Bernanke does. I'd listen to him over Paul any day.
I guess knowing economics isnt very popular when it opposes the almighty Paul

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by AndrewJay

you caught me. how did you know. i guess i will be better next time. oh well though, i still get paid. im meeting obama next week to collect my pay check. he is obsessed with hiring dozens of people to talk about ron paul on abovetopsecret.com. its his main hobby after death panels.

just because someone has a different view then you does not mean they are paid shills. go off this site if you got nothing to say ok pal?

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   
11 pages in and no one has showed anything ron paul has gotten right
edit on 7-5-2011 by Foodman because: fd

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by gorgi

Do you have any idea the ideology behind our economy?

Do you know who John Maynard Keynes is?
Do you know who F.A. Hayek is?
Do you understand the difference between Keynesian and Austrian economics?

I will tell you this, and use China as an example.

You cannot spend/borrow your way out of a 14 trillion dollar deficit.
You must produce/sell your way out of a deficit.

What export does the U.S. have left? Steel? I wonder how many of the (approx.) 230,000,000 potential working people are employed by the steel manufacturing industry?

We are an import/service economy. [sarcasm] I wonder if we can buy enough things with borrowed money and service them enough to get out of our recession.[/sarcasm]

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   
What makes you think just because Ron Paul wants to get rid of these organisations that he won't replace them with more constitutional friendly organisations instead? FEMA could be replaced with an equally useful and more caring organisation who's soul purpose wasn't to partake in false flag attacks even pre-purchasing mass graves to dispose of people in.

As for your Federal Reserve comment about if it was abolished that it would destroy the country, have you seen what the Federal Reserve has done to the country already? It's absolutely (and purposely) decimated the economy, the way the Federal Reserves is operated is by no means useful or fair.

Still amazes people think the Government controls the monetary system in the US. So I ask the simple question, "What Government would lend itself money and be expected to pay back interest on money they supposedly own and print themselves?"

The Federal Reserve definitely needs to be ended, even if it's the only thing Ron Paul does if he ever became president which most likely and sadly will never happen. If he were to ever become president, he no doubt would be assassinated much like every other president in history who tried doing something good.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   

11 pages in and no one has showed anything ron paul has gotten right
edit on 7-5-2011 by Foodman because: fd

Paul wants smaller government, puddin'.

Nothing more needs to be said.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
I would ask Gorgi to research how the US Govt was run prior to the creation of the Federal Reserve. He may be interested to know that our Founding Fathers discussed the pros and cons of a Central Bank.

The founding fathers lived in the 1700's. The economy was mainly agrarian.There was little need for a central bank. SO I dont blame them

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by crimvelvet
reply to post by gorgi

I am sorry Gordi but that is just not true.

Here are the FACTS as to why:

In 1970, 24% of the labor force was in manufacturing producing real wealth. Today less than 9% are in manufacturing. The biggest employer today is the Federal government (17%) followed by Walmart, Kelly Temp services, McDonald's and UPS. THAT does not give me the warm fuzzies about our economy.

Economy evolved. More advancements have made more goods and services with less human capital. Some have been outsourced, but a lot has to do with technology, like the computer you are using.

So what happened?

Whether you blame the leveraged buyout feeding frenzies of the 80's that destroyed major companies like Gillette, Polysar and Digital Equipment or the World Trade Organization “Free Trade” agreement of the 90's the result is the same, America has been quietly sold off piece by piece. This is a sampling of the industries with over 50% foreign ownership, according to Source Watch www.sourcewatch.org...

* Sound recording industries - 97%
* Commodity contracts dealing and brokerage - 79%
* Motion picture and sound recording industries - 75%
* Metal ore mining - 65%
* Wineries and distilleries - 64%
* Database, directory, Book and other publishers - 63%
* Cement, concrete, lime, and gypsum product - 62%
* Engine, turbine and power transmission equipment - 57%
* Rubber product - 53%
* Nonmetallic mineral product manufacturing - 53%
* Plastics and rubber products manufacturing - 52%
* Other insurance related activities - 51%
* Boiler, tank, and shipping container - 50%
* Glass and glass product - 48%
* Coal mining – 48%

A real eye opener isn't it. But it gets worse. The Department of Homeland Security says 80% of our ports are operated by Foreigners and they are buying and running US bridges and toll roads. www.alabamaeagle.org...

Up for grabs at the negotiating table is worldwide privatization and deregulation of public energy and water utilities, postal services, higher education and state alcohol distribution controls; a new right for foreign firms to obtain U.S. Small Business Administration loans; elimination of a list of specific U.S. state laws about land use, professional licensing and consumer protections, and extreme deregulation of private-sector service industries such as insurance, banking, mutual funds and securities. www.commondreams.org...

Statistics (courtesy of Bridgewater) showed in 1990, before WTO was ratified, Foreign ownership of U.S. assets amounted to 33% of U.S. GDP. By 2002 this had increased to over 70% of U.S. GDP. www.fame.org...

That leaves less than 30% of the GDP owned by Americans. Of that 16% is thanks to Agriculture and that is under attack.

The Food Safety Farce that has just been enacted into law will remove the independent farmers from the land and drive up food prices as the Ag Cartel grabs complete control of our food supply. Please understand farmers have ONE buyer, the Food Cartel who sets the price they will pay the farmer. The spread between farm prices and consumer prices has been widening for years. Making the food cartel rich and bankrupting farmers.

This means the added cost of the new regulations can not be passed on to the consumer. Farmers already work an outside job to support their farms. They do not have the extra time or money to deal with these regulations. In 2002 the Average age of the principal operator was 55.3. "According to the 2002 Census of Agriculture, 50 percent of the farmers are 55 years of age or older" With bewildering piles of paperwork and HUGE FINES coupled with up to ten years in Jail, wouldn't you just give up and retire instead?

Forty-one percent of U.S. total land area is farmland (938.28 million acres). In 1900, the average farm size was 147 acres, compared to 441 acres today....

More than three million people farm or ranch in the United States. Individuals, family partnerships or family corporations operate almost 99 percent of U.S. farms. Over 22 million people are employed in farm or farm-related jobs...

The top five agricultural commodities are cattle and calves, dairy products, broilers, corn and soybeans. U.S. farmers produce 46% of the world’s soybeans, 41% of the world’s corn, 20.5% of the world’s cotton and 13% of the world’s wheat.

Nicole Johnson takes this core issue - the food we eat - and documents the sixty-five years of behind the scenes manipulation leading up to "Food Safety Modernization Act" see www.opednews.com...

Doreen Hannes gives the react of intelligent farmers to the new law "LET THEM EAT GRASS" This is because the WTO - mandated "traceability" allows the Ag Cartel to pass liability for food borne illnesses back to a farmer and remain unscathed. I for one will no longer be selling on the open market. My insurance company has already told me that they will not cover lawsuits based on illness. Instead I will be raising all of my own food and the idiots in the city can starve for all I care!

In 1974 Henry Kissinger stated: "...control food and you control the people...."

Purdue University Ag Economics Professor, John Conner wrote several papers on the Ag Cartel including "THE GLOBALIZATION OF CORPORATE CRIME: FOOD AND AGRICULTURAL CARTELS OF THE 1990s" www.agecon.purdue.edu...

What all this means is we have doubled the money supply between 2008 and now, (this will eventually double the price of goods) many Americans are employed at dead-end low paying jobs, the world has had a series of bad harvests and as USDA Undersecretary Mark Keenum said “Our cupboard is bare.”

Now the US government just royally ticked off the people who grow your food with an idiotic burdensome law that saddles them with the very real potential for multi-million dollar lawsuits.

No Manufacturing, No good jobs and food costs about to soar and we are not in a world of hurt???

Oh you should read Food Safety’s Scorched Earth Policy One farmer I just talked to says he loses 1/3 of his crops to deer.(330 ac) If he has to destroy 30 feet on each side of the tracks he will have so little left he might as well not bother. He plants 3000 ac.

“I was driving by a field where a squirrel fed off the end of the field, and so 30 feet in we had to destroy the crop,” he said. “On one field where a deer walked through, didn’t eat anything, just walked through and you could see the tracks, we had to take out 30 feet on each side of the tracks and annihilate the crop.”Â

In the verdant farmland surrounding Monterey Bay, a national marine sanctuary and one of the world’s biological jewels, scorched-earth strategies are being imposed on hundreds of thousands of acres in the quest for an antiseptic field of greens. And the scheme is about to go national.

What does the farmer losing his crops have to do with anything? Is Ron Paul the new jesus and grow him new ones?

Again technology has made it easier to farm and do it with less people. With all the advancements over the last century or two, we have needed less people to farm. Are you suggesting that we go back to the ox and plow for farming ? That will add farming jobs. I think your on to something.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cobra.EXE
reply to post by gorgi

clearly youre about big government, corporate superiority, throwing our rights away, losing our sovereignty, not giving justice to those who are suffering in this country, dictatorship, tyrannical governments, a one world government & social strategic brainwashing.

i could go on, but something tells me you were paid to create this worthless thread.

Do you know what happens when there is a very small central government ? The country turns into somalia. Do you want that. Hey no one will really tell you what to do. There might be armed gangs but thats the price to ay for no government. Without a government to stop the monopolies and to regulate business, you get screwed my friend.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarylHamblett
reply to post by gorgi

Gorgi, are you gov shill, maybe

I have been exposed. My corporate government masters aren't going to be too happy now.
I suppose some has had their mind blown by the truth and does not know how to handle it.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   
the us government is the biggest monopoly in this country regulating us into oblivion.

hip hip hoorahhhhhhh for the pundits of the all knowing all wise big government stupiditty

not

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Agreed Gorgi. Ron paul has been wrong on the stock market, the recovery for over three years now. When someone is wrong over and over, you tend to stop believeing them, why do people still worship this false leader called ron paul. he has no degree in economics, but acts like he does.

as donald trump said at cpac this year when asked about ron paul: "ron paul has no chance of winning".

Oh my god!! someone who has done some of his own research. Your gonna get attacked for that.
I do agree with you. He has been constantly wrong on the recovery and it doesnt seem like he will change any time soon. He has no degree in economics. Still not sure why people here consider him an expert.

Trump is funny.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   
I just commented on a thread about NASA and here goes the same thing.....

The US government is invested with greedy corrupt idiots who whoreship the ones with real power and riches.
We live in a time of The Boy Cries Wolf....you just do not know what to belief.

I firmly belief that 911 was an inside job, JFK was killed by the same resposible for 911, the moon-landing wasn't how the public is told....and so on.

These guys must have a think-tank which thinks more than two steps ahead....the two party system is designed to make sure that the out-come is controlable. Therefore I do not trust anything or anybody whos head sticks out above the cornfield. This whole mason/ secret society/ skull and bones thing is also scary and contributes to my paranoia and doubt.

RP is allowed to run because he will function as the alternative vote. With so much disprove of what the current administration is doing it would be suspicious if there was nobody adressing this discontent. The beauty of it all is probably that RP doesnt even realise that he is being used.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join