It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Scientists State That Behind Elenin Comes a UFO

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Ummm "SLIPSTREAM" in space? In a vacuum? Which comic books u been readin son?

Originally posted by Ashyr
actually. its called SLIP STREAM. u can save huge amounts of energy by tailing behind something.

also wasnt it to HIDE so we can't see them coming i mean cause "being so advanced" you still need to HIDE.

haha.

so whats the goss. is this just a BLURBING SPAM POST OF LIES?

i thought it was initially i looked @ it and though no "OFFICIAL" post has at least 10 spelling mistakes outright unless its a USER error copying from a translator

also whats more funnier is this ERROR/LINK is about CHINESE SCIENTISTS.. and yet this page im on here is in SPANISH? ITALIAN? not sure. but its not chinese i can say that much
edit on 8/5/2011 by Ashyr because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-5-2011 by princeofpeace because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
well the object has mass. so it has its own COG. so displacement would surely occur.

that or there is amperages in the nodes

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by VicDiaz89
[SNIP]

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
and the UFO's will piloted by Osama bin Laden, Elvis Presley, and Adolf Hitler!!!

this just makes me think "something's here from somewhere else" (99 red balloons), but now, the mysterious comet's not enough to hold our conspiracy saturated attention anymore, so some conspiracy jenius compounded it with a mickeyfishin' UFO fleet. I'm not saying there's no such thing as aliens (never seen one personally but would like to believe) or that NASA isn't being completely truthful about Comet Elenin but this article just seems (to me) like someone's fishing for woo's. Speaking of which, hear about the new Bowling for Soup album?

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
They aren't aliens. They are giant meteors. 3-4 of them that will crash into the earth, the earth will then explode, ( not sure about this part, haven't received enough info ) and then repiece its self together and be purified.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

too true! its all a lie...not saying i dont believe in life outside of earth....but the lame excuse the govt and media portray aliens as is a lie....propaganda for the New Secular Order....like it says above the pyramid on the dollar bill....Annuit Coeptis...."he is pleased with our project"...the secularization (sp) of the world...In my opinion, the whole goal is to destroy the idea or belief in God...and im betting "aliens" will be a very good argument...Eyes open!

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   
I am so frustrated that nothing happens. Hey ET if you can read this via our internet sats around the globe.

I think I speak here for allot of people. Come down please, I assume we are family. There are some strange thing going on here. Most of us don't want this.
If you all make an global fly by, then the whole world will start thinking. Maybe that can help us, so please.

I request a global fly by to change our perspective, and to give us hope. I know someday you all will, but in my mind I hope we already had contact.
Look at the world. Money/religion? Governments who own you by a number?? Food/ the air/ nuclear power/bombs.

I sure hope that Elenin brings change WE CAN BELIEVE IN.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by N1thNa1ath

Still looking for debunking, comentaries out of site don`t bring light on this, and the topic needs it, ok?

thanks

Here's what the good professor says on his website:

]I did not say that the cluster was a giant alien spacecraft, that must be attributed to the media ( Online Missions on its Web site and Chronicle newspaper of Buenos Aires .) who posted bad information, and further without permission of the lecturer .

El Quelonio Voladore

Debunked. You're welcome.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Question

This is again about comet Elenin. The photo that is usually shown is a fake image and it is actually comet 81P/Wild [www.suite101.com...]. NASA supposedly has limited info and no pictures. Oh, really? Not from the WISE satellite, designed specifically to look at low light objects (like dwarf stars) with high sensitivity infrared? What about the South Pole telescope which has excellent IR detection capabilities? How about Hubble? Nothing! Is this really the dwarf star that would end all life on earth? Why doesnt NASA ever talk anything about it?
Dear readers: I wrote on March 1 that I did not intend to answer any more questions about Comet Elenin. I am changing my mind because I am worried about the effects of the fear campaign that is being waged on the Internet. We all remember the Heaven's Gate cult that became so obsessed with Comet Hale-Bopp in 1997 that they committed mass suicide [en.wikipedia.org...'s_Gate_(religious_group)]. I don't want anything like that to happen again, so I will answer this and the following two questions about Comet Elenin. Perhaps I can also promote some critical thinking about these claims. (1) Yes I know that this photo (which is not faked, just misidentified) is not of Comet Elenin. In fact, most of the images that come up when you Google "Elenin images" are not of Elenin. I don't know how this particular photo of Comet Wild became associated with Elenin, except that Elenin is so faint that perhaps some people wanted to substitute a picture of a brighter comet. (2) The WISE infrared telescope ceased operations at about the time Elenin was discovered. This little comet, then in the asteroid belt, was probably too faint to be picked up by WISE. (3) I don't know much about the NSF telescopes at the South Pole, but in the 5 months since the discovery of Elenin, the South Pole has been in continuous daylight. The South Pole would be one of the worst places to go to study this comet. (4) The Hubble Space Telescope will undoubtedly study Elenin when it is close to Earth, but I doubt that anyone has used it yet. Most astronomers will wait until the comet is closer and brighter. (5) Do I need to remind my readers that a brown dwarf is billions (with a B) of times more massive than a comet? I suspect this brown dwarf rumor started when someone who is not familiar with the sky turned a small telescope on Jupiter with its four moons. (6) There is no reason that NASA (or the media) would be commenting on this small faint comet. About the only people observing it now are amateur astronomers, who are tracking its orbit and its increasing brightness as it approaches the inner solar system. I am answering questions only because of the craziness that is circulating on the Internet, from people who either don't know much about astronomy or are intentionally making up stories to frighten gullible people. Shame on them!

David Morrison
Astrobiology Senior Scientist
April 25, 2011

Astrobiology.nasa.gov

no comet here!!!
edit on 9/5/11 by argentus because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/5/11 by argentus because: to include author's name in the ex tags, as per the article linked above

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibbajabba
Question

This is again about comet Elenin. The photo that is usually shown is a fake image and it is actually comet 81P/Wild.

Good find, I knew that picture wasn't elenin, but I wasn't aware it was the photo "usually shown" except on conspiracy or dodgy news sites.

NASA supposedly has limited info and no pictures. Oh, really? Not from the WISE satellite, designed specifically to look at low light objects (like dwarf stars) with high sensitivity infrared?

It was just found in December, WISE wrapped up its observations some time ago when the comet was still extremely dim. It may be somewhere in the WISE dataset, but it would be dimmer than magnitude 19~20 and quite unremarkable even if WISE managed to detect it at all.

What about the South Pole telescope which has excellent IR detection capabilities?

The South Pole Telescope does not have excellent IR detection capabilities; it's a microwave/submillimeter radio telescope, not an optical/IR telescope.

How about Hubble?

Hubble is a very narrowfield instrument most of whose time is allocated well in advance. I see no reason why they should designate discretionary time to this object at the moment as it's just another minor comet like many, many others found every year. The only reason this one is getting any attention is that it's coming relatively close-ish to earth, but right now it's quite far away and extremely dim. Though hubble could easily see it they wanted it to, there's really not much to see at the moment. When it gets closer to perigee maybe it will warrant some hubble time, but there's no reason for it to do so right now.

Is this really the dwarf star that would end all life on earth?

No. A dwarf star at that distance would be dramatically brighter than Elenin.

no comet here!!!

There are a ton of amateur images of this comet. I recorded it myself as well with an infrared sensitive camera. It was just a very faint comet, if it had been a dwarf star of any kind at that distance it would have saturated the camera's detector with light.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Didn't China have a series of UFO's recently that shut down the airports?

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amberry
reply to post by Thundersmurf

If this comet comes by and passes with no consequences - that will put an end to all the internet stories about it being the Planet-X and Nibiru. Wont that be sad?

It's always sad when a conspiracy slips away in to night, never to be heard again, but we'll pull through.

Chin up

Peace

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by N1thNa1ath

If this is really happening, I want to know more about it.

S & F!

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
ITS NOT HAPPENING!! What is so hard for you people to understand or are you just that desperate?

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by w810i

Prove it.

How do I know, maybe you're one of 'em.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Antoniastar

Its called common sense but I guess your right. Care for a spot of grape koolaid?

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by thedeadwalkk

it takes one septillion megatons to blow up the earth, that's 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 megatons for people who don't know what a septillion is (hey, i didn't for a while don't take offence if you do.) so how would 2-3 meteors blow up the earth? just wondering.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by w810i

Common sense? Who's common sense, yours?

For one thing, I highly doubt that "Comet Elenin" exists. And if Comet Elenin is a made-up story then what else is twisted?

Originally posted by loagun
HA! Well since I have nothing else to do today, and its freezing outside I decided to do a little research about Comet Elenin, Leonid Elenin, the supposed IASC Astronomer who works at the Keldysh Institute of Applied Mathematics (Russian Academy of Sciences).

So NASA doesn't really have much to say? Hmm that's interesting... and I will tell you why..

I googled Leonid Elenin, and the first page that comes up is the amateur looking iasc.hsutx.edu... page which gives this little description about him:

"Mr. Elenin is an amateur astronomer from Lubertsy City, Russia, located near Moscow. With a passion for astronomy since childhood, he studies minor objects in the Solar System and variable stars. He has discovered more than 10 variable stars and numerous asteroids. He works at the Keldysh Institute of Applied Mathematics (Russian Academy of Sciences)."

Now presuming that we bpage looks old because it is in fact outdated, we can be assured that Mr. Elenin does 'apparently' work at the Keldysh Institute of Applied Mathematics like the first web page mentions, because by searching his name we also come up with this page: www.linkedin.com...
Which states the same information "Leonid Elenin, Astronomy at Keldysh Institute of Applied Mathematics RAS, in the Educational Institution" This website is also from 2010.

So not only do these two websites is that Mr Elenin not only works in Moscow, Russia, but he teaches Astrology at the Keldysh Institute of Applied Mathematics.

With more digging we see that NASA's official webpage, as countless other's states "It was discovered with a robotic telescope in New Mexico on 10 December 2010 by Russian amateur astronomer Leonid Elenin', but that is it. No mention of his job, or where that job is located.

Hmmm now isn't that odd? Now how can he be work for an educational institution, a university ne doubt, and teach astrology, and yet also be an "amateur" like NASA reports? Let's not forget that on NASA's press release they leave out any and all mention of his employment.....

Hmmm I don't know something smells fishy to me, let's keep digging...

So as NASA states Mr. Elenin discovered the comet(also known as C/2010 X1 according to NASA and Wikipedia) when he was using a 'robotic telescope in New Mexico'. Now how on Earth would an 'amateur astrologer' as NASA deemed Mr. Elenin ever get access to a robotic telescope in New Mexico? Not to mention that the contradicting stories get even more crossed when one wonders why he isn't actually in Moscow to begin with there he's suppose to be teaching astrology in a university???

Obviously NASA fudged there stories by accident when they deemed "Mr.Elenin" to be an amateur astrologer on one site, and a university professor on another(am I hinting that they made him up?? yes!)

BUT WAIT! lol. it get's EVEN better.

Now as nataylor stated "As I said, NASA doesn't have much to say about Elenin." and on the previous page "Number one, NASA had nothing to do with this discovery. Number two, here are a bunch of pictures:" with the accompanying link www.aerith.net... to some pictures.

So I decided to look up these robotic telescoped in New Mexico and I found all of them. They are as follows....

NF/ Observatory
Lincoln Near Earth Asteroid Research (LINEAR)
RAPTOR Los Alamos National Laboratory
ROTSE Robotic Optical Transient Search Experiment

now why don't we take a closer look...

NF/ Observatory
Western New Mexico University in Silver City
"Funded in part by support from the NASA Arkansas Space Grant Consortium, Henderson State University, and the Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics."
www.nfo.edu...

Lincoln Near Earth Asteroid Research (LINEAR)
White Sands Missile Range in Socorro, New Mexico
"is an MIT Lincoln Laboratory program funded by the United States Air Force and NASA"
www.ll.mit.edu...

RAPTOR Los Alamos National Laboratory
Los Alamos, NM
ISR-1 is engaged in a mixture of civilian- and defense-related programs supported by DOE, DOD, NASA, and other US government agencies.
www.raptor.lanl.gov...

ROTSE Robotic Optical Transient Search Experiment
Los Alamos, NM
"The ROTSE research program is supported by NASA, NSF, the Research Corporation, The Planetary Society and the participating institutions."
www.umich.edu...

HA! There ALL supported/funded by NASA! The robotic telescope that "Leonid Elenin"(who doesn't exist on the internet outside of the two profile pages) 'discovered' Comet Elenin/C/2010 X1 using a NASA frick-a-ding-dong telescope that belongs to a NASA sponsored program.

Aslo the link that nataylor left me with the supposed pictures www.aerith.net...

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Antoniastar

What exactly was the point of that?? I never said anything in regards to NASA in conjunction with this comet.

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join