It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Scientists State That Behind Elenin Comes a UFO

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

Originally posted by Bonified Ween

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by N1thNa1ath

You are aware when this article was first released ??
April 1st.........Does that tell you something.?

Yeah it tells me you can't read. It say's May 3rd

Really?
It's not like someone can merely repost old news then??
A search isn't that hard..Here's but one..
www.stumbleupon.com... genetic-code.html

err two completely different stories lol.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Drunkenparrot

well nice info

just let´s hope noone comitts any suicidal attemps, so they don´t blame me for bringing the news
if it really smashes earth, i would wait till the las second to have a a chance although that i wouldn´t commit suicide byt he way
i will accept my destiny

By the way the post tells about signals beeing emitted behind the Comet from a a cluster or an UFO, so may be they chosen the wrong Comet, may be this guy is telling BS.

I just bring the news, don´t blame the messenger

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by OhioPariah

With Hale Bop there was a cult and there was Marshall Applewhite. If it was the same exact story then that means there is a suicidal cult out there wearing black and purple nikes, what are the chances? And Hale Bop was the usual comet, this one is somewhat different. So I don't see it being the same story.. that just me. Nobody is passing out the kool-aid quite yet that i can tell.

edit on 5-5-2011 by theJigsawKiller because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Helious
Lol, let the idiots think what they may, let them cling to there "science"

"Their"

2nd line.
edit on 5-5-2011 by mudbeed because: 2nd line

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ironclad

Originally posted by amongus
So, a ufo or cluster of ufos are cloaking behind a comet and headed towards earth. Which is it folks? I thought aliens were already here. UFOs are spotted daily all over the world, so if they are already visiting us, why in the hell would they suddenly trail a comet to avoid us spotting them?

This train of thought makes NO sense to me.

Either they are here visiting us now, or this will be first contact. I dont see how it could be both....

Because We're so superior to them, they need the element of surprise..

Honest;y people just jump on a bandwagon without looking at something with a little logic..

Why the hell would an invading alien force have to bother hiding from us ? Why would they hide from us... If I was in a superior position, I'd be rubbing it in and telling my inferiors to bend over for a good probing..!!!!

Of all generations of humanity, none have proven the theory of "Devolution" more than this generation. Take a look around and if you think that you are the guy next to you is to the contrary and proof of Evolution and the Improvement and Step Towards Perfection and as you say "Better" than those who came before or those who actually planted man here, let them represent you. Good Luck. Better yet, Let Obama and those with him represent you.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I remember early on the report that so called "Comet Elenin -seemed- to be speeding up, as it headed toward us. That I found interesting and now this info from sciencetists around the globe. For those who want to blow this off or play this down just remember if this is real and a possible threat-you and your family live here too. My first post here, and yes with an open mind I wait to see what comes this fall from space, as well. Fearing more what the PTB may do between now and then. They are the real threat!
edit on 5-5-2011 by Majoryyz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by N1thNa1ath

reply to post by dadgad you can learn it i learned english so it´s a demontration on how we can improve besides i am deaf, but also learned to talk when i took my children to the prayas in brazil they told me? which thing are they speaking? i told them that´s Portuguese, another language? they said wow nice!!! i want to learn dady!! i said ok here it goes; when you find someone in the street that salutes you tell them BOM DIA, como esta voce? they said yes ok pa at least they tried in a few days they spoke portuguese better than me we are humans we can learn everything we want

I speak 4 languages already, english, dutch, german and italian. I have no desire to learn another one. It's a waste of my time. There is so much I want to read and learn, a new language is too much of a hustle. Even though Spanish functions with the exact same grammatical formula as Italian, it's still a lot of work.

How is everyone reading this article? Everyone speaks Spanish here?

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Once again this started off on ufo's behind a comet and has morphed into snuggies and cult mass deaths and English 101...wtf..can a mod get these yoyo's under control. No wonder when ATS gets any mainstream mention it's always with a smerk..

On the topic.
I have no idea what to make of this just because it's another story that falls in line with a million other hoax's or wise tells on the web..

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by theJigsawKiller

By the same story, I'm referring to the UFO in the comet's tail. It is the Exact. Same. Story. And I can guarantee that there are people out there, right now, with a nagging feeling that maybe, just maybe, Heaven's Gate was right, and this is their chance to join them.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Majoryyz

Comets have highly elliptical orbits, so yes they speed up as they approach the sun, and slow as they depart. The Planet Mercury, (and Pluto) don't orbit the sun at a constant speed, since they have the most elliptical orbits. Their speed isn't constant, but consistent year after year.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by theJigsawKiller

Also, how was Hale-Bopp "the usual comet?" It was discovered just two years before it passed, it gained huge notoriety thanks to the internet - it sure sounds a lot like this one.

You can't not talk about this story without revisiting Hale-Bopp.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by mastercanto

Actually I think you'll find April Fools day has been going since the dark and middle ages, In England and other European countries. You should start looking at a little something called History more closely in future mate, you never know it may surprise you.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Wow! I wonder was that cult Heaven's Gate that commited mass suicide really based off real ufo communication? If I'm correct they said ufo's were coming with the approcahing comet, so they killed themself in order to be with them.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by N1thNa1ath

I just bring the news, don´t blame the messenger

These topics can be fun and are also a good excuse for people to learn a little more about the sciences than they might otherwise by just reading the local newspaper.

My comment was actually more towards the posters propagating falsehoods that when presented with sourced empirical fact try to perpetuate their own null viewpoints through tactics garnered from middle school debate class rather than scientific analysis.

I'm sure you've seen the game, quoting unsound conspiracy blogs in rebuttal, setting up straw man arguments. Next come the standard ad homs of "sheeple, government shill/disinfo agent" all the while obliviously broadcasting their utter lack of the mathematical ability and education in basic science necessary to have an opinion based on the available data( beyond extrapolating video game and theatrical movie plots).

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by iamblindbutisee
if an aliens wanted to destroy us, what better way than to push a comet or meteor into the planet?

Ahem...many better ways exist to off a species...and most of them don't involve destroying most of the planet and other forms of life living here.

A virus...a disease...ELF sound waves turning our brains into runny mush...nano robots stripping our bodies in seconds...erect a massive shield in space and block out the sunlight...there are many ways.

Tractoring a planetoid or asteroid and hurling it towards us is a bit...low tech, brutish, and frankly as subtle as a brain surgeon operating with an axe!

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by jganer
Wow! I wonder was that cult Heaven's Gate that commited mass suicide really based off real ufo communication? If I'm correct they said ufo's were coming with the approcahing comet, so they killed themself in order to be with them.

The website is still up:
www.heavensgate.com...

What a very sad event that was.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Double Double Post Post
edit on 5-5-2011 by dsm1664 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Um ok,

So a UFO eh? Hmmmm that seems unlikely.......but as Spock said,
When you elliminate the impossible, what evers left, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.

I say the Chinease should back away from the bong for a while. The way i see it....true or not.......if it's a global emergency and the earth goes for a tilt a whirl..what are we really gonna do?

Die with dignity, or cowering like a meatball waiting for gods last minute saving grace......which im pretty sure wont come. Not because god doesnt exsist.....but because i dont believe god has that much vested in us as a species........

Aliens? sure....I'll have sex with anything if theres whiskey involved......except the chinease.....i gotta draw the line......

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by amaster
Well, if you think about it, tagging along with a comet is probably the most efficent way to travel in space, as long as you have enough galactic beef jerky and Big Gulp Soda to last the road trip.

Almost exactly what i was thinking.

Hitch a ride on the rock, allow it to take you on it's orbit, leave when you get near to where you want to be, and use your own power for the last leg of the trip.

Don't have to stay for the entire orbit, just use it for part of the trip...unless you wanted to use the rock as the actual space ship...then you'd hollow parts of it out, add propulsion and life support and off you go.

Phobos...Lunar...etc.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Sounds nice, but... No source.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join