It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Scientists State That Behind Elenin Comes a UFO

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by elconejo

I HAVE THE WILL TO EXPLAIN

but unfortunately don´t have the knowledge or the capacity to investigate it in an addecuate manner
may be you can tell us what does it mean?

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Well, if you think about it, tagging along with a comet is probably the most efficent way to travel in space, as long as you have enough galactic beef jerky and Big Gulp Soda to last the road trip.

Smart et's are smart. That's pretty funny and true at the same time.

very interesting post, guess we will see what happens in the next few months.

Someone can do the calculating of the km/h & mph the ships are travelling. Then compare it to our space shuttle's speed.

At the time of the discovery, the comet was about 647 million kilometers (401 million miles) from Earth. Over the past four-and-a-half months, the comet has – as comets do – closed the distance to Earth's vicinity as it makes its way closer to perihelion (its closest point to the sun). As of May 4, Elenin's distance is about 274 million kilometers (170 million miles).

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cyanhide

Originally posted by metalpr
ok it's over:

[Editor's Note: This post is an April Fools' entry, a day of fun and when many of the major US media sites, such as Google, The Huffington Post, TechCrunch, and The Daily Galaxy create fictional articles that appear real]

S ource of the News

I can't believe what ATS has become...this is supposed to be a site to seek for the truth, to research and to ask based on facts.

not just to read news and comment on them...them.

Ok guys move on,...there's nothing to see here!

to post something that seems curious to you it's ok...but taking these jokes for granted...c' mon.

Admin:
could you please move this to Off Topics?? this is a joke not an article.
edit on 5-5-2011 by metalpr because: (no reason given)

This article is not the same as the one OP posted, if you would read it you would know,

This article you pulled says nothing about the connection of elenin and the cluster of UFO's.
That one indeed is a april 1 joke,

OP's article is not.
edit on 5-5-2011 by Cyanhide because: (no reason given)

Agree with you, not the same article AND s&f op. I undestand spanish and will do some research about it. Maybe I find some more info.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by l_e_cox

The initial thing is

An astronomer, head one, here in Argentina verified that some kind of ufo or cluster was behind ELEnin, based on info he got from the chinese space agency, he did his research and came through a newspaper making an article about signals coming from behind the comet, at a regular interval.
he also stated in an interview that it appeared to be human DNA in the signals decoding, but i cant back that up because i couldn´t find that interview, i really didn´tried to hard i might say

He´s name is Sergio Toscano, head astronomer of Missiones Astronomical Center

ONE OF 2 THINGS CAN HAPPEN: HE IS BS OR HE IS NOT

The question is, why would he loose a 20 years career based on such a silly subject if it is wrong?
You don´t get that kind of jobs here in Argentina if you aren´t an ELITE one, in matter of knowledge and scientific background, i mean.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by N1thNa1ath

It's far from huge. It's uninspired fodder for gullible fools.
Four words: hale bopp heavens gate.

Ring any bells for you Op? It's completely ridiculous to entertain this as even remotely possible.

Deny Ignorance!
IRM

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by l_e_cox

i also can´t find BIN LADEN´s dead photo, so may be it is a lie as you say

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by elconejo

stars
it's a time-lapse image

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by jimnuggits

sorry what is exactly heaven´s gate?
i read it through the post but don´t know what it means exactly
please bring light to me
thankx

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Jrocbaby

may be

i hope it doesn´t but if you can give us your justified opinions or at least a point of view we can agree or not

thanks

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Thanks for posting this. I actually find this fascinating and am open minded to the prospect, unlike some people whom rather make snide remarks and jokes. It's easy to brush these things off and associate it to urban myth, films, pop culture and past events that came and went such as heavens gate. I really do not know what to think, and expect this to probably be another sensationalist story made up for mere shenanigans. However it has not been proven to be - a hoax quite yet. At the same time conclusive of an ET vehicle. We will see.

I know this much, there is a huge distraction taking place and the pawns of the chess board are being set in to place - for something? As you pointed out, the PTB pulled the Bin Laden stunt and seem to be in a state of frenzy, they are not concerned with concealment at this point. Leads me to think this false war on terror has winded down and the next potential threat is coming in to play. The fake terror war has become obsolete and no longer has the affect it use to have that is why they phased out the alert system just a few months ago.And before it was the communists, before that the native Americans ect . Much of what Wernher von Braun warned about. As well as this psy-op of Disclosure and recent CIA and FBI UFO docs coming to light.

What im saying is this could be another psy-op to convince people of a fake alien attack. The PTB could literally blow up a city and blame it on terrorists to Aliens and the sheep will buy it like they did 911.

edit on 5-5-2011 by theJigsawKiller because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

sorry
my mistake, i answered the same questions so many times and it wasn´t read
that i forgot the caps lock activated

i hope that didn´t bother enough

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by theJigsawKiller

Seen her latest interview?

archive 3/31/2011: Was the Gulf war planned back in 1977? Was a war in the Middle East part of a larger agenda to weaponize space? Are we being groomed for a war with ET'S?

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

really doesn´t sound to me
i´m not very involved in this thing till late times so i can´t say anything about what you stated

the thing is why would an Astronomer lie with 20 years of career backing him up?
To loose the job?
To gain fame?

and then what?
Beeing homeless here in Argentina is not as easy as being homeless in EEUU(and that is not easy at all unfortunately)
IT IS REALLY HARD
there is not reason for that, and by the way how can you be sure of the statement you made?
Do you risk a reputation backing on what? Knowledge, power, followers?

If he did it for nothing, that was a very bad move

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Chinese scientists? Thats a new one for me, i thought they just reverse engineered a cheaper version of everything.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

thanks RUSSO
that is what i am trying to do, gain information based on quantity and quality of search. If it is a bad joke noone get´s hurted, but if there are some things hidding behind this, we are in a weird possition to be

thanks again

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I didn’t see this posted and thought it may be relevant…

"Behind the comet, discovered in December last year, Chinese scientists say that is something they called cluster , which means globular cluster , or perhaps alien spacecraft, said Toscano."

So maybe it’s just me, but rather than “alien spacecraft” I would go with “globular cluster”. This is info on globular clusters from NASA:

"APOD: 2002 December 29 - NGC 1818: A Young Globular Cluster Explanation: Globular clusters once ruled the Milky Way. Back in the old days, back when our Galaxy first formed, perhaps thousands of globular clusters roamed our Galaxy. Today, there are perhaps 200 left. Many globular clusters were destroyed over the eons by repeated fateful encounters with each other or the Galactic center. Surviving relics are older than any Earth fossil, older than any other structures in our Galaxy, and limit the universe itself in raw age. There are few, if any, young globular clusters in our Milky Way Galaxy because conditions are not ripe for more to form. Things are different next door, however, in the neighboring LMC galaxy. Pictured above is a "young" globular cluster residing there: NGC 1818. Observations show it formed only about 40 million years ago - just yesterday compared to the 12 billion year ages of globular clusters in our own Milky Way."

Hopefully this is helpful

Link to original article in op post:

original article

Link to NASA explanation of globular clusters:

globular clusters

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
It's alright, if there's an alien ship behind the comet SETI will surely receive some sort of signal from it and let us all know whats going on....... oh ... that's right not important enough for continuing funding.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Heavens Gate were a spiritual group that bought the last big "aliens are hiding behind a comet" story that made its way around the usual conspiracy purveyers.

It was really a shame and should remind those of you pushing this nonsense that there can be tragic consequences perpetuating this kind of nonsensical fiction on complete strangers over the internet.

Heaven's Gate was an American UFO religion based in San Diego, California, founded and led by Marshall Applewhite (1931–1997) and Bonnie Nettles (1928–1985). On March 26, 1997, in a period when Comet Hale-Bopp was at its brightest, police discovered the bodies of 39 members of the group who had committed suicide in order to reach an Alien aircraft which was supposedly following the aforementioned comet

Heaven's Gate (religious group)

In November 1996 amateur astronomer Chuck Shramek of Houston, Texas took a CCD image of the comet, which showed a fuzzy, slightly elongated object nearby. When his computer sky-viewing program did not identify the star, Shramek called the Art Bell radio program Coast to Coast AM to announce that he had discovered a "Saturn-like object" following Hale–Bopp. UFO enthusiasts, such as remote viewing proponent Courtney Brown, soon concluded that there was an alien spacecraft following the comet. Several astronomers, including Alan Hale, claimed the object was simply an 8.5-magnitude star, SAO141894, which did not appear on Shramek's computer program because the user preferences were set incorrectly.

Comet Hale–Bopp

Stop me if any of this sounds familiar?

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
With all the doom and gloom aside, when the comet is close to the earth, will we be able to see it without a telescope or will it be too far away to see it with the naked eye ?

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by theJigsawKiller

It's easy to compare with Heaven's Gate, because it's the exact same story. It's also extremely important to, because of the consequences of Heaven's Gate. This was 14 years ago - many ATS members were still crapping their Pampers when that happened and don't know anything about it. Easily suggestible people need to be aware of the potential existence of death cults, comet cults, and so on so that they can hopefully recognize it if and when their recruiters come for them. I don't want anybody off themselves, leaving behind family and friends, knowing that I said nothing. I'm saying it now, I'm going to keep saying. Please, people; do not attempt to catch that train.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join