It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dude writes a post thats says i love you in gets 60 plus stars. Are we becoming immune to our own po

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
I love you man....

SEE SEE, this dude got 2 stars and I got zero!
I said something much better! ^^

I think I need a picture lol

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles

Originally posted by pcrobotwolf
I spend two day's formulating a theory based on news articles and facts to make an interesting guess on a false flag situation based in California with a nuke going off and get nothing.

Don't take this the wrong way. It is meant only as constructive criticism. Presentation is important when trying to get others' attention.

I just opened up the other thread that you are referring to- Wall Of Words= Scary!!!!

Spending a couple of minutes during those 2 days to work on sentence structure and create paragraphs, could have been very useful for creating more of a reader-friendly OP.
ok i get what your saying yeah i just kind of threw it together.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by User8911

Originally posted by boncho
I love you man....

SEE SEE, this dude got 2 stars and I got zero!
I said something much better! ^^

I think I need a picture lol
yes i saw it.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Seems like occams razor is taking a hold of the ATS community as of late.
There's so many posts/threads going on that I agree there is definitely a system overload taking place. I just pray we don't become desensitized to love.
That is all.
edit on 4-5-2011 by matrixportal because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by matrixportal
Seems like occams razor is taking a hold of the ATS community as of late.
There's so many posts/threads going on that I agree there is definitely a system overload taking place. I just pray we don't become desensitized to love.
That is all.
edit on 4-5-2011 by matrixportal because: (no reason given)
lol

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I dont try and get flags but i do like it when i get stars,

Stars are what i thrive for when posting anything this is not because I want them to have them, but more overly because to me its means you have read and understood my post and are generally agreeing in the format that i prodce my point. (arguement, grammar and punctuation)

I want my posts to be worthwile and mean something to someone that is the reason i like to try and keep my stars in line with my posts.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I don't give out pity stars, but stared you because I hate it when people throw the words I love you around, devaluing their meaning.
edit on 4-5-2011 by calstorm because: So that I didn't appear to be a non native english speaker.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I just saw a vid with people getting shot and dragged to safety. Maybe we need more "good" in the world. Do you think otherwise? The dude with the post aimed at spreading "love" was all about creating positive energy.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by pcrobotwolf

in general all topics are about you, not you yourself but lets say all topics about me, I discover this, I predicted this I filmed this... get the drift?

that was the first time in a while that someone didn't ask to get something but to he/she is giving something out weather he/she means it or not and it feels nice.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Arsenis

Hahaha! I love your location.

edit on 4-5-2011 by Luckyxfactor because: typo...second time I spelled love with lover >_ extra DIV

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I agree with a lot of posts on this thread, people just need some positive stigma.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Take a good look at everything happening right now, including the fabricated distractions. Throwing a little love around the boards isn't going to hurt anybody, why is it so offensive to some people? Love is not something you can control, you either have it and use it, or you don't know you have it. Yea, I starred the "I love you" thread, to me it was the most relevant thread of the day, and if the day comes again where ATS is taken over by nonsensical posts (DisInfo Style), maybe I'll start an "I love you" thread as well.

With love,
Raiders247

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I think people are on this site as they have a hunger for something, truth? knowledge? Everyone needs somone to tell them they love you, I'm sure everyone had different reasons for giving a star.

My reason was becasue I read it and instantly visualized the person I want to say that to me.

If everything else on this site is true and we are all going to die from comets, earthquakes and nuclear war then time to spread a bit of love, it's the perfect last words to hear..

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Bravo !!!...that's right. I saw that corny thread and got itchy. But just because you point that, have S&F from me brother.

It's an hypocrisy to go around telling everybody you love them. I don't love anybody here in ATS, I just like some threads and posts.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

You sir a very right as well, how can you love someone you don't know? but if someone loves somebody or something they don't know what they love is the idea not the actual someone/something.

Star for you...

edit on 4-5-2011 by Arsenis because: couldn't give a flag (sounds offensive but you can only give flags to OPs)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
The conspiracy with the "I love you" post is regarding the the law of one.
You might not think you "love" everyone here but your spirit sure does and it gets it - even if you don't quite...yet.

Sure not everyone who says it truly feels it yet but maybe they will, maybe they're working on getting there and we should be thankful that they're trying. I know I am...
The law of one is a big idea that you can't grasp in a minute because your ego won't allow it but we can chip away, we can negotiate, we can meditate, we can have breakthrough moments, we can be better and we can love more - it just happens...

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by trouble_every_day

I respect that opinion, but the only way to put together the words Love and Conspiracy is if you discuss the terms of the endless battle between good and evil, God and Lucifer, under the low human point of view; because in higher levels of conscience there is no bad or good anymore, and "Love" is an energy...not an a mental feeling; emotion: a sentiment of pity (as described in a dictionary).

So, let's detox ourselves of all that cheap mind conditioning state. I love my wife and kids, God makes me feel loved, and maybe a couple of friends (sometimes). Besides that, I love myself.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Repeat this simple affirmation:

I am that I am.

and just like that.. you can exist.

Love and Light!
edit on 5/5/2011 by eXia7 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   

A lot of it is crowd psychology, an impulsive reaction to answers that strike us the right way. However I've noticed that on youtube sometimes I feel compelled to thumb up a post that I don't even really agree with 100% or find funny merely because it already has dozens of thumbs up. My guess is something very similar at work here on ATS, the guy get's a few stars and suddenly people feel comfortable or even compelled to add more and before you know it the crowd has run away with itself.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   

in fact there is a conspiracy against love in this world

just watch fox news 30 minutes if you don't know what i mean

love is the ultimate power that can overcome ptb;

fear won't you know.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join