It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dude writes a post thats says i love you in gets 60 plus stars. Are we becoming immune to our own po

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on May, 4 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I spend two day's formulating a theory based on news articles and facts to make an interesting guess on a false flag situation based in California with a nuke going off and get nothing. Now I'm not hating on the guy spread the love bro but doesn't anybody else find this kind of stuff weird i mean i think we have all become numb to each others postings yeah yeah yeah space aliens,NWO,Obamas BC, Osamas death. Wait a minute someone loves me awesome lol i must star him. I guess the question im trying to ask is with all the stuff going on lately are we on system overload. So many posting about the same subjects we just kind of become immune and are waiting for the next big thing? Aka total cover up alien disclosure soon to come kind of stuff? Or so wild everyone just has to laugh at it and reply to it? What do you think? Ps dont hate on the i love you guy its a nice post but not very relevant on a conspiracy website unless there is a love conspiracy?

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by pcrobotwolf

I'll throw you a star, brotherman.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Love conspiracy... LOL made me think of hippies for some reason....

Maybe your right in the fact that we are a bit on edge, waiting for the next big thing and just need to sit back for a second and remember what is truly important..... Love. Caring for each other as human beings.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I agree. I just think people are really craving some positive thought waves at the moment. We are at our most vulnerable, that is obvious. Just let it be...obviously not all of us care about some random dude saying he loves me. What would have been some what interesting however, is a theory or analysis on the nature of human emotion and unconditional love.

link   
Sometimes even conspiracy theorists have to take a step back from the negativity in the world and post something positive. The fact that stars and flags are given aren't important. If that's why you post info then you're posting for the wrong reason.

That being said I don't think a false flag in California would happen. It would be stupid on the part of the US to formulate such a plan. An eastern seaboard attack? Now that's more like it, and more likely.

link   
Well this forum now is more of a scatter brain chat place than serious discussions & viral news dissemination source. I won't even click on any OBL threads anymore, over the top ridiculous amounts of threads on him, I feel bad for the mods who have to attempt to keep track of duplicates.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by colbyforce

I DON'T WANT YOUR PITY STARS!!!!!.........................................................Thank you lol but really this isnt for attention its an honest question are we becoming numb?

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   

I agree completely we are being sensitized. People get more excited about some famous peoples wedding,who cares big deal. Although spreading love is better than spreading hate. It takes a lot to fizz me these days.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by pcrobotwolfI guess the question im trying to ask is with all the stuff going on lately are we on system overload.

I'm not sure about "we"

Shoot a U2U to the OP of the "I Love You" post, and ask him what's up. It might help you come to peace with this.

Be Love my friend.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I think you are reading to much into , sometimes posts get over looked and then lost amongst new posts. The I love you post just had a heading that grabbed peoples attention and was a simple enough thing. I don't think people are becoming numb, but there are a lot of things to discuss, just saying you love someone takes about two seconds too read and two seconds to reply. That is all.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by pcrobotwolf

I DON'T WANT YOUR PITY STARS!!!!!.........................................................Thank you lol but really this isnt for attention its an honest question are we becoming numb?

I think the proper term is desensitized, and I think the answer to your question is yes, we are.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by eyesdown
I think you are reading to much into , sometimes posts get over looked and then lost amongst new posts. The I love you post just had a heading that grabbed peoples attention and was a simple enough thing. I don't think people are becoming numb, but there are a lot of things to discuss, just saying you love someone takes about two seconds too read and two seconds to reply. That is all.

good answer I didn't think about that i also posted mine at 4.45 in the morning lol.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
Well this forum now is more of a scatter brain chat place than serious discussions & viral news dissemination source. I won't even click on any OBL threads anymore, over the top ridiculous amounts of threads on him, I feel bad for the mods who have to attempt to keep track of duplicates.
i agree lol poor guys are going through miles of bs

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   

You should link your other thread here while its active

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Next big thing will be not having 80 treads on that O...Oz...Osama guy? Who ever that is!

Now looooove!

"Hate contracts and love detracts. If knew how much you have an impact on everything around you.
You have no idea of what could happen if everyone in the world, for just 1 second, would live only of love."

I really believe in love.
Colors are just brighter, the present moment almost becomes...timeless.
Love could be why there is existence! Oh no :$, foolish me, it's money duh!

Spread the love!!! ^^
...And the money too while you at it! joking

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
You have to bear in mind though, for the last week or so it's just been Obama bc and then Osama threads.. And the amount of Osama threads is ridiculous.. That's all there is at the moment.. I came on at one point and every story In the 3 sections (new) (most flagged) (most comments) were all Osama related. I don't know what more can be said on this story..
Then comes along the I love you guy, it's different, original and the theory behind it is spot on, it probably came as a refreshing change to the same threads constantly passing through here..
I think that is a big part of the reason it got starred and flagged so much, I wonder if it came on a normal ats day, would it have gained so much attention?
Also I honestly believe that sometimes people will flag and star posts that have been starred and flagged several times.. Regardless of their own opinion on it.. I think for some people they do it automatically without really thinking about it, because of the attention it has already received. Kind of like a group influence, rather than an individuals opinion.
Which has been scientifically proven human behavior, which is very effective in the art of influencing people..

edit on 4/5/11 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   

I get it. Here's another one. ;^)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   

I spend two day's formulating a theory based on news articles and facts to make an interesting guess on a false flag situation based in California with a nuke going off and get nothing.

Don't take this the wrong way. It is meant only as constructive criticism. Presentation is important when trying to get others' attention.

I just opened up the other thread that you are referring to- Wall Of Words= Scary!!!!

Spending a couple of minutes during those 2 days to work on sentence structure and create paragraphs, could have been very useful for creating more of a reader-friendly OP.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   

I know what you mean, it seems there is very little left to be original with but I think the "I love you" post was a bad example.

I personally thought it was relevant just to get some balance back. With all the doom and gloom going on and apparanatly some dude the US has been looking for was killed it was nice to have something to smile about and remember things arent all bad.

Maybe you could add a link to your thread and give people a chance to have a look, but that said I think most people are sorta over the whole OBL and all its variants and attached conspiracies thing but Ill have a read due to the fact you put in the time and effort to make something of substance

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I love you man....

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join