It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the Australian media is saying about the OBL killing ... may surprise you!

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by ExCommando

It's amazing, but true, that America is becoming a young and blood thirst country more and more. I personally would have like the to CAPTURE OBL and bring him to the US for a proper trial and execution like a civilized nation. Maybe I'm asking too much of this country though.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by BelowStandard
Deputy Prime Minister Mark Vaile said the Australian Government was aware of the reports, but warned against premature celebrations -----> http://(link tracking not allowed)/jU4L9k ^bitly

^Just make sure to put "bitly"

What the hell is 'premature celebrations' ?
hahahahaha

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
The American reaction to the apparent recent death of Osama is nothing more than the same kind of relief people felt at the end of WWII. Two moments stand out: VE and VJ days. As you know, the Axis of Europe was defeated first, thus "Victory Europe" (VE) Day, and then "Victory Japan" (VJ) Day. People could breathe a little easier for a while, after they'd learned of the surrender/victory/death of Hitler --the figurehead of the Axis, the figurehead of evil in the world.

The GWOT (Global War on Terrorism) is far from over, because, as you know, terrorism needs no central figure in order to keep killing civilians. However, the GWOT was kick-started by a figurehead, and he was Osama bin Laden. Whether you like it or not, 9-11 happened, Osama became the figurehead of the attacks on American soil, the GWOT began, and he became target Numero Uno. Nearly a decade later, we are told he was killed. How can you realistically expect for average Americans as depicted by MSM (mainstream media) not to breathe a little easier for a little while, to celebrate for just a little that this historic milestone in a decade-long series of wars was reached? It would be like saying to a WWII combat veteran, "Shame on you!" because he was part of a crowd cheering in the streets when news of Hitler's death was released.

Osama bin Laden has, in a way, become this generation's Hitler. Most people may mark the moment when they heard of this news, especially those who are now just turning into adults ---because they were around 10 years old when 9-11 happened, and for them, WAR and the GWOT and TERRORIST ATTACKS were part of their childhood, their world, their formative teen years. It has defined a new generation of Americans much like Vietnam conflict affected that generation's new adults. Much like the Cold War affected generations in different ways, depending on which aspect of that war affected you during your coming-of-age. Much like WWII affected that noble generation.

So, for those who are being judgmental towards Americans, realize that this is a milestone in the GWOT, and that relief might temporarily be expressed by cheering in the streets. Yet, also keep in mind, the media is up-playing the celebrations, for there has been no cheering here at work, no cheering in the cities and suburbs I frequent, no planned events or celebrations. I haven't seen a single "cheering" (or similar) moment in person. Moreso, I have seen only a little bit of relief, in the light of, "A large part of this is behind us" kind of thing.

In the US we do not rabidly drag the bodies of our enemies through our streets as people cheer, as in other countries. We don't drag our enemies through our streets after a victory so that our children can be forever scarred as they pluck away body parts and pieces of bodies and cheer and play with them. The cheering seen on MSM is nothing at all compared to the madness of a foreign jubilation over someon's death. I point this out because Americans are wrongly being portrayed as "bloodthirsty" and "evil" and such. If so, we truly would have dragged his body through our streets so as to let our populace descend into the all-too-frequent celebratory MADNESS seen abroad.
edit on 5-5-2011 by GhostLancer because: Typo

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by TSSCI

Originally posted by windwaker
I promise you, if the man that admittedly orchestrated the killing of 4000+ innocent civilians and also indirectly cause the deaths of 4000+ US soldiers and countless hundreds of thousands Iraqis and Afghanis was in front of my face, and I had a gun, I would not hesitate to put him down.

Trial and sentencing? Are you kidding me? The man was calling for Jihad. This is the same guy who would have covered your wives from head to toe in cloth and forced you to live by Sharia Law if he had his way.

You bleeding hearts are out of your minds. If the whole world thought like you did we'd be living under the rule of Hitler's Third Reich.

Plus, there's no time for trial and "justice" in May of 2011, because Fukushima radiation is spreading like wildfire, and Nibiru will destroy the planet soon. ALL BETS ARE OFF!

edit on 4-5-2011 by windwaker because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-5-2011 by TSSCI because: text

I Feel the same, as a 20 yr Veteran of the US Military, I dont see how anyone would not celebrate. I think everyone in this country knows someone who had lost a relative, friend, etc. No different then how the family reacts in a courtroom when justice is carried out when the person is found guilty of killing your relative. If it happened to your country and it was your relatives, friends then yoou might feel different. I really dont care what other countries think of the USA. I am glad we had the balls to get it done. I am not an Obama supporter, but I am damn glad he made the call he did. I just saw a poll and over 90 percent of americans feel the same way.

What about the US soldiers who were dragged through the streets and killed in celebration by some of these people? Some of you need to get real and I hope the future of our country is not one of weakness that i see here sometimes.

edit on 4-5-2011 by TSSCI because: fix text

I agree.

Most of the people are non US citizens who are against the celebration of the news by the americans.

Big deal if the people celebrated on the streets and showed their support to the political system (good or bad).

Who cares what the Australian Media or any other country think of the POTUS's action. One cannot possibly please everyone with their decisions. Thats the first lesson to be learned as a leader. Too bad if some countries and their citizens or the media didnt like it.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by daggyz
What a bunch of numbskulls exist today.

Let me slaughter all your relatives with a gun and then let me give you a loaded gun and ask you to forgive me and hand me over to the Police for justice.

Yeah right!

What idealistic claptrap some propose.

Yep. Plenty of hypocrits on here.

I would love to see them in the same situation as a nation or citizen(s). Then the story will change

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by ExCommando

Originally posted by Tsurugi

Originally posted by Redevilfan09
reply to post by Immortalgemini527

You hear about the time the US soldiers had to climb a mountain in Afghanistan with the aussie SAS? You morons forgot how cold it is at the top while carrying all your heavy artillary. SAS were rugged up while your great soldiers almost froze to death. Our SAS help you with the things your soldiers have not been taught.

That came from an SAS soldier who got the privelige of being there. When I find it, I will quote the whole chapter for you clown.
edit on 5-5-2011 by Redevilfan09 because: (no reason given)

Hahahaha! I can totally see that happening. Hell, I've made bonehead moves like that myself a time or two. Nothing like a bit of self-inflicted humiliation.

Did the SAS guys ping to the situation before starting to head up? Because that's always an excellent lesson in humility...realizing the other guy was watching you be a totally oblivious dumbass for the past 4 or 5 hours....

XD

I'll have to look it up, but there is an organisation which ranks spec ops units from around the world - SASR (Australian SAS) consistently ranks in the top 3.

However, it's all about situational ability - for CT stuff, noone can go past the brits or the yanks.

Recon and field work, noone beats the Aus.

You will not find a single operator in the world who would dispute the above.

I'm sure they all have their own specialties and niche tactics that the others dont. Big deal. Every country praises their own nothing new here.

First of all, the commandos or ex-commandos do not reveal their secret or tactics or brag about the glory or about their units. Are you a really an ex-commando? Nor do they come up with a avatar like yours indicating just that (with a identity of an ex-commando). In times of war, the ex-commandos are sometimes called upon to assist the not so ex-commandos
Thus I seriously wonder if you really are an ex-commando. Remember stealth, secrecy are part of the arsenal of a commando? (even on the internet).

Besides what are we doing talking about the commandos when the topic is about 'What the Australian media is saying about the OBL killing'?

edit on 5-5-2011 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by hillynilly

If some of you Americans don't appreciate both Australian and New Zealand SAS helping you out then go fight your own damn wars.....

I love some of the bits here on this thread where some of you claim "as least we had the balls to finish the job" as in taking Osama out.......funny that, even your own Govt can't prove it! Now who took who out and had the last laugh in the end? Was'nt Obama! I'd say he's sh*tting himself by now trying to figure out how he can get re-elected after telling lie after lie after lie. Us Australians and Kiwis would'nt allow it to go on and we would demand leadership change.....and mark my words we would succeed through the power of the people.

As for 9/11, let me make it very clear that not all the victims that perished that day was American.

It's not in our blood or character to celebrate the death of a ghost....but you guys go ahead.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Immortalgemini527

Originally posted by Helix19
reply to post by Granite

If president Obama broke federal laws, they need to either prosecute him, or shut up about it. It's really that simple.

broke federal laws !
What the hell is this ? 'Puppets take over ats'
let me add my flag to this bs judas thread..98
This unamerican tyranny thread
edit on 5-5-2011 by Immortalgemini527 because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-5-2011 by Immortalgemini527 because: (no reason given)

Puppets? So whats we got here one mean round of tube sock rock'm sock'm? Hey you and your other half have like 20, 000 of these knitted footwear characters all over the internet.

BTW I am not scared of your TTB's daughter Linda puppet that you claimed awhile back. I've been posting to it lately. It's like talking to the tooth fairy. I'm posting to one of Santa's elves right now so what the hey.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

Keep in mind, it's just some of us Americans who are spouting the nonsense. Many of us do appreciate our allies, and question this BS story about Bin Laden's death. I hope you're not taking this gemini character as the voice of Americans, this guy/gal is either a troll, or a complete lunatic.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Originally posted by Immortalgemini527

Originally posted by 27jd
reply to post by bluemirage5

Keep in mind, it's just some of us Americans who are spouting the nonsense. Many of us do appreciate our allies, and question this BS story about Bin Laden's death. I hope you're not taking this gemini character as the voice of Americans, this guy/gal is either a troll, or a complete lunatic.

You little sock spy ! You really need to show me, and i ,and myself some respect and stop saying my name as if your status is up to par that you can even speake to me,as if you grown or something.
Stay in your place,and leave me out your mortal Treasonous mouth.

How about you stay in your place and continue to believe you actually can offer any common sense to anyone. Every your country folk are giving you a hint moron.

I speake for all real humans of this world,not puppets not followers just real people who love god and does right by the word...Period !

Learn to spell for a start. Real humans would not listen to a person like you. You sound like a member of the westboro baptist church.

I am the worlds voice,and dont you ever in your mortal lil life ever forget that.

You are the worlds voice? Yeah OK, you are one person, and I guess you believe you are immortal aswell, maybe thats why you continue to run your keyboard behind your monitor. Get a life you delusional prick. You know nothing about your world.....I mean my world..

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by hp1229

Originally posted by TSSCI

Originally posted by windwaker
I promise you, if the man that admittedly orchestrated the killing of 4000+ innocent civilians and also indirectly cause the deaths of 4000+ US soldiers and countless hundreds of thousands Iraqis and Afghanis was in front of my face, and I had a gun, I would not hesitate to put him down.

Trial and sentencing? Are you kidding me? The man was calling for Jihad. This is the same guy who would have covered your wives from head to toe in cloth and forced you to live by Sharia Law if he had his way.

You bleeding hearts are out of your minds. If the whole world thought like you did we'd be living under the rule of Hitler's Third Reich.

Plus, there's no time for trial and "justice" in May of 2011, because Fukushima radiation is spreading like wildfire, and Nibiru will destroy the planet soon. ALL BETS ARE OFF!

edit on 4-5-2011 by windwaker because: (no reason given)

I Feel the same, as a 20 yr Veteran of the US Military, I dont see how anyone would not celebrate. I think everyone in this country knows someone who had lost a relative, friend, etc. No different then how the family reacts in a courtroom when justice is carried out when the person is found guilty of killing your relative. If it happened to your country and it was your relatives, friends then yoou might feel different. I really dont care what other countries think of the USA. I am glad we had the balls to get it done. I am not an Obama supporter, but I am damn glad he made the call he did. I just saw a poll and over 90 percent of americans feel the same way.

What about the US soldiers who were dragged through the streets and killed in celebration by some of these people? Some of you need to get real and I hope the future of our country is not one of weakness that i see here sometimes.

edit on 4-5-2011 by TSSCI because: fix text

I agree.

Most of the people are non US citizens who are against the celebration of the news by the americans.

Big deal if the people celebrated on the streets and showed their support to the political system (good or bad).

Who cares what the Australian Media or any other country think of the POTUS's action. One cannot possibly please everyone with their decisions. Thats the first lesson to be learned as a leader. Too bad if some countries and their citizens or the media didnt like it.

... and herein is the issue, Americans thinking that they are rulers of the world, and to hell with what anyone else thinks.

It's a dangerous and very slippery slope.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by hp1229

Originally posted by Tsurugi

Originally posted by Redevilfan09
reply to post by Immortalgemini527

You hear about the time the US soldiers had to climb a mountain in Afghanistan with the aussie SAS? You morons forgot how cold it is at the top while carrying all your heavy artillary. SAS were rugged up while your great soldiers almost froze to death. Our SAS help you with the things your soldiers have not been taught.

That came from an SAS soldier who got the privelige of being there. When I find it, I will quote the whole chapter for you clown.

Hahahaha! I can totally see that happening. Hell, I've made bonehead moves like that myself a time or two. Nothing like a bit of self-inflicted humiliation.

Did the SAS guys ping to the situation before starting to head up? Because that's always an excellent lesson in humility...realizing the other guy was watching you be a totally oblivious dumbass for the past 4 or 5 hours....

XD

I'll have to look it up, but there is an organisation which ranks spec ops units from around the world - SASR (Australian SAS) consistently ranks in the top 3.

However, it's all about situational ability - for CT stuff, noone can go past the brits or the yanks.

Recon and field work, noone beats the Aus.

You will not find a single operator in the world who would dispute the above.

I'm sure they all have their own specialties and niche tactics that the others dont. Big deal. Every country praises their own nothing new here.

First of all, the commandos or ex-commandos do not reveal their secret or tactics or brag about the glory or about their units. Are you a really an ex-commando? Nor do they come up with a avatar like yours indicating just that (with a identity of an ex-commando). In times of war, the ex-commandos are sometimes called upon to assist the not so ex-commandos
Thus I seriously wonder if you really are an ex-commando. Remember stealth, secrecy are part of the arsenal of a commando? (even on the internet).

Besides what are we doing talking about the commandos when the topic is about 'What the Australian media is saying about the OBL killing'?

LOL are you serious?

I proudly wear my medals and march each ANZAC day - as do all former SF. Hell, most of them write books about their exploits.

As a serving member, I did not reveal my unit, or the work that I did, purely for operational security. There are specifics of my service that I would not reveal, but there is absolutely no restriction on me telling the world (if I chose to), of my service, unit and where I went / what I did.

I am extremely proud of my service - I guess that's part of the whole Australian thing, we are humble, and proud - not loud, brash and opinionated.
edit on 5-5-2011 by ExCommando because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ExCommando

Be careful that guy apparently knows everything about all special forces unites and commando units around the world.. He must be an expert after all he knows.. lol

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I find it weird that some Americans on here think its justified to cheer at the death of OBL. Firstly you have no real evidence he was even involved. Your OWN country paid for and supported him. Your OWN country has caused more innocent lives lost than all acts of terrorism ever could. Your OWN country/gov were the real criminals behind 9.11. I cant even think how you can sit here and say that cheering for someones death is in ANY way justified? The US gov is the BIGGEST terrorist organisation on the planet and has caused more world problems than anything ever. Hitler was a chump compared to the sick # the US has done.

This has no bearing on the civilians of the US many of whom are normal caring people. Your government is the problem here. You guys will never truly get the "justice" you want (im assuming the justice you want is for the people responsible to die?) unless you destroy the dodgy government that you claim runs the "land of the free"

l o l

So the question is: how are you going to get your "justice"?

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
When you believe you are above criticism, you arrive at a place above conscience. We live in a global community, NOT an American community, not an Australian Community, British community, muslim community, christian community... I could go on.

The days of international isolation are behind us, and whilst we could continue to celebrate in our isolated states of border created by the wars of centuries past, perhaps instead, we could start coming together in tolerance and respect.

Every action has a reaction, this is scientific fact. Whether it's propaganda or otherwise, how we act influences the world in which we live. We create our environment, our thoughts and actions are the ripples that spread out from there. I choose not to celebrate in the death/killing/murder of any man, regardless of faith, belief and deeds. Life is a blessing, a true miracle, whether you believe in God, Allah, divine intelligence, ETs or simply that we are here by accident - NO-ONE can argue that our being is not miraculous on some level.

Yet what is far from miraculous is the behaviour of humanity. The tribal concept hasn't evolved, it has only grown. From families, to villages, to towns, regions and countries, the tribal concept and barriers that come with it are no different from pre-historic man. America is our tribe, religion is our tribe, our colour is our tribe...

The tribal aspect of our nature is ripping us apart. No-one knows the full story, no-one knows the whole truth, when we stand behind the tribe ignorant to the happenings of other tribes, we stand with only half a story, we stand in separation, and the ignorance and arrogance that emanates from that place of limited perspective only serves to further separate/segregate other tribes.

Every country, race, religion, belief, difference contributes both positively and negatively to the world - ALL are open to criticism, because as humans we should question everything our governments do. We should hold them accountable. When we stop questioning governments, or TPTB, we leave ourselves open to abuse of power and corruption. If one tribe questions another, it shouldn't be deemed as bad, and the whole concept of "with us or against us" is never as black and white as some would like to believe.

The world doesn't need terror on any level. BUT through education, understanding and tolerance we might find a more peaceful coexistence. We cannot destroy all those who oppose our way of lives, we cannot bomb a country into oblivion to take out just one man. When a tribe is isolated and put under considerable economic constraints by the global community all it does is create a new monster. It feeds fanaticism, it helps create and harbour terrorism. Given the right set of environmental circumstances I would bet every single one of us has the ability to become a Hitler or Bin Laden, and at the same time, A Martin Luther King, Mother Teresa or Gandhi - the influence of the environment creates the person, understanding that is what will really help bring terror from all sides to an end.

Rant over, apologies to anyone offended, just after getting dragged into heated discussions with people of differing opinions, felt it was about time I brought myself out of the arguments. Have a good day guys, whichever tribe you belong too!

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by moleskin
When you believe you are above criticism, you arrive at a place above conscience. We live in a global community, NOT an American community, not an Australian Community, British community, muslim community, christian community... I could go on.

The days of international isolation are behind us, and whilst we could continue to celebrate in our isolated states of border created by the wars of centuries past, perhaps instead, we could start coming together in tolerance and respect.

Amen.

This is what ATS, and any online forum is all about.

I still find it amazing that one can post a topic, and have people from all over the world contribute - whether they are incredibly well thought out and articulate posts (such as this one), or benign, useless rants such as ImmortalGemini seems to favor.

This is grass roots thinking - the sort of stuff which hopefully makes people shake off their apathy, and actually THINK for once.

Thanks for your contribution

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   

I am extremely proud of my service - I guess that's part of the whole Australian thing,

It's part of most place's "thing" - I'm pretty sure it was even part of OBL's "thing"!

we are humble, and proud - not loud, brash and opinionated.

Aussies - humble and not loud?? Yeah....right!!

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join