It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wag The Dog - Three reasons why the official OBL story stinks to high heaven

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Twice now, Obama has spoken of the capture and killing of OBL, in that order. The shield/ no shield has now been reclarified. The burial at sea by the navy is a traditional hero's burial, so this must come from the CIA's take on things?? I posted on the burial at sea a couple of days ago in another thread, and was reminded by another poster, (name escapes me, apologies) of Osama's exploits in Afghanistan. So now Osama was killed resisting arrest and was unarmed, he just looked like was going for a gun. I thought that was reserved for drug dealers.
edit on 3-5-2011 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

Dont forget to take the advice on that first link you posted, and write your representative. They link you right to them.

I did.

Now is the perfect time to push your representative to change their policies, when the fact that we are not happy with them, and we do not trust and believe in them is being rubbed in their faces.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by nikiano

I wouldn't either. 2 reasons and they are related. People will riot and Islamic lunatics will kill innocent people because they think they'll have an excuse to. And every single person that thinks Bin Ladin's still alive isn't going to be convinced by the photo. They will say it's fake. So what would be the point?

They probably will release the photos. If they do they will have to doctor it. Seeing a humans face that has blown apart isn't like the movies.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Bl ackOps719

Word To Your Face!!!

S&F!! Sorry, I don't have time at the moment to read the whole thread and respond accordingly, but you've expressed in my opinion what many of us are thinking, and then some. Good work of a true reality perspective, sir..

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Excellent thread!
I also sat in disbelief when I first heard that OBL had been killed. I thought to myself "yeah right the guy has been dead for years". Then the news breaks with the first details which were as follows according to all the news sources (I was constantly flipping back and forth to see if I could catch anything else
).

First reports went like this:
Osama dead by missile strike had to have DNA confirmation of the remains
Had remain in custody for 10 days
Was being shipped to USA for whatever reason

Second report:
Osama dead from gunshot wound suffered during firefight with breach team.
Osama took wife as human shield and was armed
Osama refused to surrender
Wife was killed during firefight after refusal to surrender

Third report:
Osama dead from gunshot wound to head (standard military double tap)
Osama's wife was killed by breach team as they entered the room
Osama refused to surrender shot twice (no mention of being armed or not)
Osama's body buried at sea

Fourth report:
Osama dead from gunshot wound to head above right eye (standard double tap)
Osama did not use wife as human shield
Osama's wife not dead only suffered gunshot wound to leg
Osama was not armed (which would make it impossible to engage under rules of engagement)
Osama was buried at sea according to muslim tradition (which isn't muslim tradition according to scholars as we learned today)

My problem here is the story. If they sat there and watched the whole thing go down live how in the hell could the story change so many times?
If the initial reports were from people who were in the know how did they make such a huge reporting error?
The story now has so many holes you couldn't even use it as a fishing net!

How to properly tell a lie
Step number 1.) Create a grand lie
Step number 2.) Tell the lie to many, while varying the details from person to person
Step number 3.) Remove anything that could reveal the lie for what it is
Step number 4.) Enjoy knowing that even those that don't believe the lie will not be able to prove it is a lie.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
You wanted 'bits'....... I heard somewhere along the way as I'm sure many did of the thought that we should retaliate against Pakistan, and were weighing that posability, and then had thought against it ???.... They have capable nukes, we couldn't take a hit from them..... and we'd also loose what bases of operation we have there. This SEEMS like a conspiricy of herculean size with subtrafuge after subtrafuge galore. I hope the evil in our country in the last three administrations is exposed and the shame brought to bare....

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by karkinos

The entire event took 40 minutes. Not 40 minutes at the Obama residence.

And you'd expect these assassins to have silencers...state of the art weapons, so it is plausible that Bin Laden had time to grab a weapon as they entered the room.

link   
Have a look at this video!

This is what real life actual pakistani people have to say about Osama Bin Laden. Wake up Good Morning America...wow.

link   
reply to post by JerryB08

Awww how cute. You think people have not seen pictures of people with their heads blown open? We have. Some of us have seen much worse than Osama with a sky roof.

If they dont want to show it on TV to spare the children, they can just post them online and let them circulate among adults.

And yes, I know children have access to the internet. But there are videos of people being decapitated on the internet, and if parents arent worried about that, and limiting their childrens travels, they have no right to complain about a simple head blown open photo.
edit on 3-5-2011 by Illusionsaregrander because: to correct spelling errors. One aggregious one.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by DCPatriot
reply to post by karkinos

The entire event took 40 minutes. Not 40 minutes at the Obama residence.

And you'd expect these assassins to have silencers...state of the art weapons, so it is plausible that Bin Laden had time to grab a weapon as they entered the room.

At the Obama residence? Hahahaha....probably closer to the truth than you would believe.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by JerryB08
reply to post by nikiano

I wouldn't either. 2 reasons and they are related. People will riot and Islamic lunatics will kill innocent people because they think they'll have an excuse to. And every single person that thinks Bin Ladin's still alive isn't going to be convinced by the photo. They will say it's fake. So what would be the point?

They probably will release the photos. If they do they will have to doctor it. Seeing a humans face that has blown apart isn't like the movies.

We wouldn't need photos if we had a body. But we don't have a body. Because they conveniently disposed of it after the raid.

DNA evidence without a body wouldn't hold up in a court of law. Why should it hold up on the evening news?

Edit to add: Also, when the person on the witness stand keeps changing their story, then they are generally thought to be lying, or at least, fabricating part of the story. What does our government keep doing? It keeps changing the story. Why?

And most of all...why aren't the journalists ASKING why the government keeps changing the story? Or asking why they disposed of the body so fast? We spend 10 years chasing public enemy #1, and we dump his body in the ocean 24 hours after we kill him?? Doesn't make much sense to me.

edit on 3-5-2011 by nikiano because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

Nice one. I think what we have to remember is something Noam Chomsky pointed out. Many of the people at the higher levels of government, education, etc, are some of the most deeply indoctrinated people of all. Its much easier to get someone to spread the party line if they vigorously believe it.

Those who do not believe along those lines simply never make it to the top. They are filtered out.

Congress hasnt seen the death photos either. They arent much more in the loop than we are. Obama saw video of what allegedly happened, but he didnt see the body first hand either. (Although he has likely seen photos, who knows what the President knows about photoshopping)

The Intelligence agencies have a lot of power. More than they should, probably. The politicians rely on them for information. If the info they provide our leaders is not true, then what?

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackOps719

There has been a lot discussion and a great deal printed since our witnessing of the miraculous announcement that came from our dear leader yesterday evening. There have been tearful rallies in the streets with cries of patriotic fervor and bi-partisan back patting on mission accomplished. There have been 9/11 heroes paraded to and from what was formerly ground zero, and there have been stories of surviving family members who lost loved ones on that day nearly ten years ago.

As I sat and watched this all unfold last night on my tv screen, the decorated college kids hooting and hawing....the proud and boastful president declaring justice has been served....the rehashing of the drama filled, story book like tale of how the heroic SEAL team crashed the gates of the hidden compound with precision and orchestrated the brave and heroic mission to capture the boogie man himself, Mr Osama Bin Laden.

As I sat there with my mind racing, hopeful that our leadership had done something of great worth to the world...nervous and skiddish as I am painfully aware of how lies and manipulation are always never far from a good story such as this one. And even during the rallying cries and the images of patriotic fervor and the declarations of victory for America and mission well done.....I just couldnt shake the feeling that something just didnt seem quite right.

REASON #1 - All the worlds a stage

The first thing that stood out in my mind was the date. May 1, or as they call it "May Day". The same date Hitler was killed. The same date "mission accomplished" was declared by the shrub. The numerology stood out because of the many stories I have encountered of ritualism and the importance of numbers and dates when talking about the actions of the elite and their need for numbers to fit the bill. Coincidence? Maybe. But wierd to say the least.

But more so than the date was the sense of timing. Ten years into two bloody and unpopular wars, the country sits on the brink of economic collapse. The American currency is nose diving, the rebounding economy is slowing to a crawl. Banker bailouts have come and gone. The birth certificate storm rages on. The popularity level of our fearless president has sunk to an all time, desperately low level. The country is being ripped apart by storm after storm, while Japan sits and wastes away in a radiation zone. Just when tax payers are broke and fed up to the near point of rioting, when on a daily basis one can hear patriotic talk of overthrow and contempt toward this administration. Bam. The entire world shakes.

Doesnt it seem like this team needed a win in the worst sort of way? Doesnt it seem a little convenient that right when the dam is about to break and the country is about to plunge into chaos, suddenly this big score just falls in Obama's lap? The man went from having wolves at the gates to cheering mobs of rejoicing Americans filling the streets in nationalistic support. Is anyone this lucky? I say no.

The same boogie man that we have been hunting for over a decade, the very face of the Al Quaida terror posse, just happens to be lounging in a house in the suburbs of Pakistan, not a mile away from military headquarters. A house that was supposedly heavily guarded yet noone noticed? A place that supposedly had no internet or phone, yet has sattelite dishes lining the back wall of the property? We just happened to locate this compound and orchestrate a plan to engage and kill OBL, right at the exact moment in time this administration HAD to have a big win?

Very suspect.

REASON #2 - It all seemed a bit forced....

One minute Im sitting in my living room watching some crappy show on cable, the next there is hype of this big big grand announcement to come. The buildup was nothing short of Hollywood suspense thriller. President Obama comes on and delivers his pre-written, pre-rehearsed speech about how justice has been served, how Americans should return to the same level of patriotism that they showed on 9/11, and then poof....before you could blink an eye there were hundreds of people filling the streets near the white house, waving great big flags and wearing American flag shirts and chanting and singing...all in a supposed show of unscripted impromptu support for the dear leader and for the great murder of an arch criminal terrorist. All of this felt to me very much staged, planned, rehearsed. All of these fresh faced college kids in love with America, the crowd uncommonly multi cultural and ready to smile for the press. It felt very much contrived and planned.

Almost like someone maybe knew in advance where to go and what to do? Like they were put there? Like a suprise party where all of the guests showed up before the birthday boy came on, and all yelled suprise just minutes after he arrived?

Suprise......its a bunch of pre-orchestrated b.s.

REASON #3 - The body. Where is the body?

Come on man. A burial at sea? For the most villainized, ostrecized, idolized arch terrorist in the history of the modern world? You just successfully kill and abduct the remains of the public enemy #1....and all the administration can think of is to usher in a "respectful Muslim burial at sea"? Even though OBL had no relation to the sea whatsoever, and many have a difficult time even finding confirmation that a burial at sea has anything to do at all with an acceptible Muslim burial.

So what? No photos? No video? Not one outside source to confirm the capture and disposal of the most infamous and notorious man in the world? They paraded Sadaam all across CNN when they dug him from his hole. They even televised his public hanging for the entire world to see.Tthey didnt seem too concerned about his Muslim burial? Why the feigned respect suddenly for a man who was widely detested and seen as the devil himself?

Could it be that the body was frozen solid? Could it be that there was no body at all? Was the whole raid just a well timed ruse to boost morale and to boost polling numbers? I personally have long believed OBL to have been dead. He was confirmed to have suffered kidney failure and to have been on dialysis nearly a decade ago. He was questioned at an American hospital by CIA back in the early 2000's and released. The Bin Laden family has well known and well documented ties to the Bush family and the Carlyle Group, and for those like myself who believe that Osama Bin Laden had little or nothing to do with the attacks on 9/11, this all seems very surreal and troubling.

So there are my three issues that i cant seem to shake. This is all just my own thinking process, not claiming I am 100% correct or even 10%. I would love to believe that things are as they seem, that 9/11 was done by muslim terrorists, that our government has done a great and noble thing by killing a brutal terrorist leader who deserved justice to be dealt, I wish I was unaware the great number of times we the people have been misled and lied to.

Are they trying to make a case for a war in Pakistan? If so they now have it. Are they trying with all of their might to make a floundering president into a national hero? So far the media is pimping this story pretty hard, and quite frankly the sheep are eating it up like popcorn.

These are my questions, and I share them with my fellow skeptics so that you can add to this list of inconsistencies and questions that may bother you about this whole fiasco. I dont have all the answers, but right now I feel like a duck being fattened up for the slaughter, and I feel that all of this showbiz is not being done for nothing. We are in for something major very soon, and what that is has suddenly become very real and frightening.

Well written. I couldn't have said it any better.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
The entire situation in Pakistan has been screwy.

Here is my summery:

Hillary Clinton: Bin Laden is in Pakistan and Pakistan government knows it..

In October 2009, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton voiced dismay that bin Laden and other prominent militants had not yet been caught and suggested Pakistani complicity, telling newspaper editors in Lahore she found it "hard to believe that nobody in your government knows where they are and couldn't get them if they really wanted to."

Source

Pakistan Government: We don't know were Bin Laden is but we could use some money to keep our nukes from getting into the terrorists hands that we are trying to make peace with.

A Pakistani military offensive against insurgent hideouts prompted suspension of controversial peace talks with the Taliban on Monday, and the country's president sought additional foreign aid to assure that its nuclear arms remain in "safe hands."

Source

Hillary Clinton: Here is your extortion...errrr.... aid package of $7.5BILLION so you won't give...err... loose the nukes to the terrorists...

The projects are part of a $7.5 billion aid effort to convince Pakistanis that Washington is not only focused on backing the country's fight against Taliban and Al Qaeda militants, but is also dedicated to improving the lives of average citizens.

Source

Obama Administration: People hate us! We better pull out our ace in the hole to make the people like us again!

Obama: Lets says hours in advance that a big announcment is coming so people can make their way to the whitehouse and the media can setup...

Obama: I killed Bin Laden bitches!

American Sheep: Yay, all praise the pharoah Obama!

Obama Administration: They love us again just in time to start our campaign for 2012 and they seem to forgot the country and the rest of the world is in the crapper.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
reply to post by JerryB08

Awww how cute. You think people have not seen pictures of people with their heads blown open? We have. Some of us have seen much worse than Osama with a sky roof.

If they dont want to show it on TV to spare the children, they can just post them online and let them circulate among adults.

And yes, I know children have access to the internet. But there are videos of people being decapitated on the internet, and if parents arent worried about that, and limiting their childrens travels, they have no right to complain about a simple head blown open photo.
edit on 3-5-2011 by Illusionsaregrander because: to correct spelling errors. One aggregious one.

True, especially if it puts any debate to rest. And they had better have something in the photo that proves it was taken when they say it was.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Wasn't Saddam's body giving to family to deal with in a respectful manner? Isn't burial at sea against the Muslim religion, wasnt OBL body disposed of within 24 hours. Some of these fact may be a bit off but the final word....it is all to fishy

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
To me it just becomes absurd the notion that a hasty burial at sea was mandatory so as not to anger or offend the muslims or the other Al Quaida operatives.

So let me get this straight........invading and occupying multiple muslim countries didnt infuriate these people....killing millions of civillians and bystanders of muslim faith didnt do it.....US troops raping women and shooting peasant farmers for sport didnt set them off.....and sending billions of dollars to prop up puppet dictators and to support Israel, the one true hated enemy of Islam....get my point?

None of these things caused muslim uproar...yet burying Osama Bin Laden any way other than a strict Islamic burial (which it wasnt) within 24 hrs would trigger world wide outrage? Give me a break.
edit on 5/3/11 by BlackOps719 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

And to clarify, someone actually IN the situation room with Obama while the "event" was unfolding just said that they DID NOT see live footage of the "killing of Osama."

The got live updates from a variety of media, but they SAW nothing. (its on Piers Morgan on CNN)

Which means, if Obama has more info than we do, all HE has that we dont in terms of visual proof is, perhaps, A death photo.
edit on 3-5-2011 by Illusionsaregrander because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I am not discrediting this thread just pointing out a couple observations from the responses...
The entire event was said to have taken place in 40 minutes....There is chatter of Pakistani military shooting at the Seal team, which would coincide with the timing, as I assure you they didn't land on the guys roof. They would drop in at a safe distance to approach the target in silence. Pakistan was not forewarned, which would merit opening fire on an assault squad but, I assure you no Seals were dropped in those exchanges. This is kept on the hush as the govt. attempts to maintain a "somewhat" working relationship with Pakistan.

It was a rather large offensive, from the US Navy Seals. Although, 30+ Seal team members would not have entered the home in which Bin Laden resided. They would be strategically placed en-route to the target. There would be several Seals used at check points b/w the target and the extraction point, providing a secure exit and cover fire if needed. There would also be scout sniper teams, providing intel and again, cover fire if needed. All exits from the residence will be covered by members of the assault team. Keep in mind this is the most wanted terrorist fugitive in the world, an alternative/hidden exit for escape would be a must and.... somebody would be waiting for him. All of this leads up to a likely squad of 5 entering the house.

I like many of you have read allot of news on this topic and have formed my own opinion. I believe Bin Laden was killed, I also feel that Pakistan was fully aware of his presence. What creeps me out, is the US awareness of his location, the timing of our attack and the aggressive coverage by MSM promoting support for Barrack.

It's like Training Day with Denzel Washington.... Denzel is fully aware of where the "bad guy" is located...he knowingly let him live in comfort w/ a healthy dose of paranoia, waiting until he can assure the greatest reward for his death. And then creates this big elaborate story making everyone out to be a hero and furthering his own personal agenda.... In this movie, we are Ethan Hawke...fighting for the "Real Truth."

edit on 5/3/2011 by TheRealTruth84 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Great thread. And there is something fishy. Very fishy. ATS'ers will most likely get to the bottom of it.

I talked a little about MSNBC's article regarding Pakistan's "DOUBLE DIPPING" loyalties on my thread here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

As propaganda goes, imagine if Hitler had the internet. Scary.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join