It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wag The Dog - Three reasons why the official OBL story stinks to high heaven

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

Im starting to lean towards the notion that this is all just a big distraction being done for the purposes of dividing the masses and giving them something to keep their minds busy and away from other matters at hand.

Maybe they want people bickering over the details? maybe they started this whole fiasco never even intending to release any proof or photos? Its like 9/11 all over again, they leave these gigantic obvious holes in the story, throw a bunch of poorly detailed crap against a wall, call it an official story and sit back and watch as people fight one another back and forth for nearly a decade.

Or maybe they truly ARE this incompetent and they are realizing that people arent so stupid, that the b.s. they are releasing isnt adding up, and maybe they are scrambling to try and peice Humpty Dumpty back together again before the whole web of lies implodes upon their heads?

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
nice thread.Its definately fishy.you dont have to be a conspiricy theorist to wonder how much is truth.

Wasnt there a wiki leaks report released just last week about some threats to retaliate with nuclear hell if bin laden was ever captured or killed,then all of a sudden Bin laden is killed.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
excellent thread.
.I was just discussing this with someone. you did a wonderful job pointing out the fishy press releases and there timing..How ironic that we have the birth certificate release, royal wedding, and Osama all served on a steaming hot media plate of crap, for the masses to eat up. Something is not right here,. I am not buying it. I am keeping my eyes wide open and I HOPE everyone else is too..
I wonder whats really going on behind the scenes..besides a stinky cover-up.. Well I guess that is to be expected anymore.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
There were no U.S. representatives present in the execution room.
This in reply to the comment about Saddam Hussein. The Americans actually wanted to have the execution postponed but the Prime Minister insisted.

Saddam Hussein was sentenced to death by an IRAQIcourt on 5 November after a year-long trial over the killings of 148 Shias from the town of Dujail in the 1980s. IRAQI

Iraqi National Security Adviser Mouwafak al-Rubaie, who witnessed the execution, told the BBC that the former leader went to the gallows quietly:

US officials were careful to avoid any appearance that they had played any role in the decision to proceed with his hanging. But the US military was placed on heightened alert ahead of the execution in case his death resulted in more attacks on US troops, or a spike in the sectarian violence that has engulfed Baghdad.

I posted this to say that it was my understanding that the Iraqi court sentenced him to death and carried it out themselves. Not the Americans. If I am wrong, please let me know!
edit on 3-5-2011 by Jheysoda because: did not want to conflict with copyright laws

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by tangotemper
Another reason why it stinks. 20 or so heavily armed Seals - 40 minute firefight and only three people killed? When most of the bad guys were competent with weapons? Who was shooting for 40 minutes, at whom, and why was there no local alarm raised, or military backup brought.....

There is something missing from the story.

How about the twitter updates from Sohaib Athar? That guy who unwittingly live blogged the whole event? If I remember correctly, he claimed the firefight lasted no more then a few minutes...

Originally posted by ReallyVirtual (Sohaib Athar) on twitter
@ @jovensclaudio The gunfight lasted perhaps 4-5 minutes, I heard. That was around 10 hours ago. There are no other gunfights that I know of.
2 May

4-5 minutes... 40 minutes? quite the contradiction.

--

Another issue that hasn't settled well with me, is the woman's death. The one that I have heard conflicting stories over - some that she was grabbed as a human shield, and some that she dived in front of him to protect him. Once again, quite the difference. What is also unsettling is the unresolved issue of whether or not she was one of his wives. It would, after all, make much more sense to believe a wife would try and protect her husband, then a husband to use a wife as a shield - regardless of how cruel of twisted said individual may or may not be.

White House Backs Off Human Shield Claim

then, there is the even more contradicting claim that it was his 12 year old daughter!
Was it Osama's Wife or Daughter who played Human Shield?

Another issue that hasn't settled well with me, is the woman's death. The one that I have heard conflicting stories over - some that she was grabbed as a human shield, and some that she dived in front of him to protect him. Once again, quite the difference. What is also unsettling is the unresolved issue of whether or not she was one of his wives. It would, after all, make much more sense to believe a wife would try and protect her husband, then a husband to use a wife as a shield - regardless of how cruel of twisted said individual may or may not be. If anyone has a confirmed answer to these issues, I would appreciate the link as so far I've come up with nothing but loose ends that barely touch on these issues with much reliable detail.

---

Which all leads me to another issue that hasn't sit quite right. Why would the White House announce that he was armed only to later change their story and claim he wasn't armed?

White House Now says Laden Wasn't Armed

all curious, all very curious indeed.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by HawkMan11

My understanding of the comment that was made by the President was that he was buried with the traditional Muslim rituals. I took that as his body being prepared and cleansed according to Muslim law? I did not take the burial at sea to be included in that statement. I was thinking his body was handled according to the faith and THEN disposed at sea. Does this make sense to anyone?

link   
Excellent examination of the situation. My thoughts exactly However, I am somewhat more inclined to believe that Bin Laden is more likely alive than dead. The raid was faked. The Pakistanis knew that a raid was about to occur - why else would they have waited forty minutes to "respond" to the scene? Even local residents claimed that soldiers had urged them to stay in their homes. Someone in the ISI clearly knew what was going on.

Conclusion: The raid was faked, and Bin Laden is potentially alive. Why would he go to Abbottabad, of all places? Wouldn't the FATA be safer for him, despite the constant drone attacks? With his money, he could have easily built a bunker for himself there.

Lots of things do not add up, but we are missing a motive here. Was the raid faked in order to justify all that military spending? No doubt, the budget will be passed, potentially with only minor cuts for the military. Was Obama himself duped by the CIA and the Pentagon? Was the guy those SEALs allegedly shot dead a look-alike, planted, to fool the administration and the world?

link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

No worries, dude. In fact, this post has to be one of the better ones on the subject. You're simply smelling some fish and stating why you think it stinks. Everyone else was pointing the finger thinking they had it all figured out.

I'm right with you on this whole thing, too. I was just reading the free daily newspaper on our public transit system on my way to work and saw a small article about it. It wasn't even front page news (here in Montreal), at least on that particular paper, anyway. I just about didn't believe it at first!

Didn't take long, though, for me to develop an immediate feeling of discomfort... hell, it was pretty much fear. I just thought, "ok, the boogieman is dead... who's gonna be the next one?"

The other thing that I thought stunk to high heaven was the convenient live blogger, who tweeted the whole incident. His comments appear so fake and pre-determined to me. The guy was part of what's probably one of the biggest stories in the last decade, and all he can think about is getting some sleep? C'mon... please... It's just way too convenient. Add that to the other list of 'conveniences' (low approval rating, may 1st announcement, no body to show as undeniable proof, etc), and, given their track record as well, the stench of fish is rather overwhelming.

Only thing I can confirm out of all of this is that, once again, we're being lied to.

Edit to add:
@karkinos: I see you got the Twitter thing before me... and I really should have read his entire tweet session because I didn't notice that time discrepancy at all!! That's yet another eye opener...
edit on 3-5-2011 by oaf21 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
oops double post

edit on 3-5-2011 by yesIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by oaf21

I beat you to it only by about five minutes, so no worries - and as for reading over all of it, it's definately worth the peek. Especially his replies to other tweeters, they discuss such issues as whether or not the helicopter was shot down - I believe some even go so far as to include another descrepency from the official story - that a family was killed when the helicopter went down. I'll see if I can find that bit again and edit to add it in this post.

UPDATE
found the quote, not quite sure what to make of it.

Originally posted by ReallyVirtual (Sohaib Athar) on Twitter
Report from a sweeper: A family also died in the crash, and one of the helicopter riders got away and is now being searched for.
1 May

One of his fellow tweeters shared this pic, supposedly of the downed chopper tail.

Picture of Chopper Tail & Wreckage

---

One thing that should be kept in mind, is the dates of his tweeting. If you go back about a page or two, you realize he hadn't tweeted much at all until that event - and then as of May 1st he pretty much went on a day-long tweeting spree - which could simply be explained by the fact there isn't much to tweet about up there in the mountains until that curious sighting of what had originally been a 'ufo'. Regardless, we should not simply forget the potential this convenient live blogger was not so unwitting after all just because its a more complicated.
edit on 3-5-2011 by karkinos because: added found quote & image

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Very well written, I share much the same thoughts on this.
More hurry up and wait and see.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Very good thread OP! A true eye opener! I will show it to friends, family and skeptics. The skeptics that believes anything they hear on the news or anything the government spews out! You pretty much summed it all up! Best OBL thread thus far!

S&F

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Great thread, I couldn't agree more with you

I could barely stand to watch the news, BBC literally played the same 15 minute presentation in a marathon. It all felt surreal to me, and the more I watched it the more I said to myself "I smell BS. This doesn't feel right." There's just this extremely uncomfortable and anxious feeling I have about all this.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by karkinos

As I mentioned in a prior post, the whole notion of a blogger Tweeting in the mountains of pakistan about not being able to sleep due to helicoptor sounds.....purely laughable.

Convenient wouldnt even begin to cover it.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jheysoda
reply to post by HawkMan11

My understanding of the comment that was made by the President was that he was buried with the traditional Muslim rituals. I took that as his body being prepared and cleansed according to Muslim law? I did not take the burial at sea to be included in that statement. I was thinking his body was handled according to the faith and THEN disposed at sea. Does this make sense to anyone?

All good questions. None of which i know the answer. Again, my singular point was that that there are such things as traditional Muslim burials. I did this because a member posted in a reply"... I can guarantee there is no such thing as a traditional Muslim burials..."

I never made a statement as to how Bin Laden was buried, if he was, where he was, or how the body was treated.

edit on 3-5-2011 by HawkMan11 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Or how about
This is the world we live in and these things are really happening now. In the real world. Not this artificial conspiracy theory world where of course anything is possible.
Conspiracy theorists feel they have little control over their own lives and so must have someone to blame for the situation.
I love coming on this board and reading and I have had some very exciting conversations and a few arguments. (it happens) But really,
once in a while just take a break and live where the rest of the people live. In reality.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   

I agree OP and it is an interesting read.

Although the date probably doesn't play that big of a role. May Day is famous for larger reasons than the death of Hitler... mainly it is the most common date used for Labor Day around the world. I don't see the significance of killing someone on Labor Day.

International Labor Day

But I very much agree, this does not feel right. And there needs to be a body... burial at sea, within a couple of days. I don't know... seems to me that after all the mass murder we've committed over there, speedy burial in accordance with religious practice probably doesn't rank very high unless there's a better reason for it.

Khar

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Angrybadger
nice thread.Its definately fishy.you dont have to be a conspiricy theorist to wonder how much is truth.

Wasnt there a wiki leaks report released just last week about some threats to retaliate with nuclear hell if bin laden was ever captured or killed,then all of a sudden Bin laden is killed.

Yes but where are the bombs? Why havent they already gone off. If they're in place and ready why not just push the button?

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   

That's not skepticism, that's denial.

I've stopped coming to ATS because there's too much paranoia. And the denial about OBL's death is much too obvious. Much too predictable. I'm tired of it. The truth isn't wanted here.
edit on 3-5-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
As Commander in Chief how much would Obama really know about this ? I mean somebody from the military tells him they have information and want to carry out a mission to get him. So he authorises it and sits and waits for the reports. It's not like Obama actually went to see Bin Ladens body or anything. So how does Obama even know it happened. He's only taking somebody elses word for it.

edit on 3-5-2011 by bigyin because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join