It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wag The Dog - Three reasons why the official OBL story stinks to high heaven

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   
On 911 I phoned my Grandfather about it and asked him what he thought was up and he sounded baffled....this was a man that flew Bombing runs over Germany in WW2 and he was baffled by what happened and he angrily said that we'd probably lose many of our freedoms as a result of the event, I knew then it was BS the story being sold and there was no way to really stop or prevent it from distorting what actually happened just by the sound of his voice, nobody can ever really breakthrough to people that are convinced by what the government projects out into the world, if one can make opinion fact then fact has no meaning, in that sense it encourages people to rush to "escape from freedom" as happened to the germans in the 1930's, anything to explain away the pain of the fantastical event that seems beyond imagination, for many people 911 was beyond their imaginations, for an artist it was a work of art, as Karlheinz Stockhausen had to retract from saying when people tore him to pieces for describing the event in that way, but his point was that it was manufactured by humans and humans do these kinds of things and it will not change and it happens cause we suffer and we have to project that to feel real, 911 was not beyond my imagination so I was not surprised and was more or less pissed, at myself and the rest of the world for letting this kind of behavior happen and for not preventing it from happening, but now I just think this just maybe who we all are, we are freaks, we lie to ourselves and each other, we kill and we try not to do these things but simply can't quit it, we have a drive for heirarchy, to establish the top dog position, the US wants top dog, Obama wants top dog status, they do these things to put the rest of us in our place, who did 911 or Osama seems almost irrelevant compared to where these events place the masses of us, where the vents take us makes the event, now we get to go to war some more? Celebrate murder? Whatever happened to maybe?

Some people seem so certain of what is or what the facts must be....we seem still to be living in a Aristotelian dualism kind of world where probabilities and relativities only exist in science labs while the rest of us live in the dark ages, not demanding scientific values of uncertainty, but in some sense we need it to be simple otherwise we become disabled and frozen in fear if we sense we can't understand something or some event so we accept simple explanations and appeal to authorities to absolve us of the demanding work of thinking, each overgeneralization and step down this path further compounds the probelms and passes them off to following generations.

My grandfather never would have accepted this, but he would have looked the other way if we were not 14 trillion in debt and being asked to give up our rights but in this situation I think he's rolling around in his grave full of anger trying to get out, maybe through me in some weird continuity, but he would not be happy to say the least of how much we have lost and how can it ever be retaken back....we are more or less living in this modernism as men among the ruins of WW2. Only our ruins maybe just getting started and who knows when the dust will settle and how many lives will be wasted this century and where will this take place....I sense a great danger as well but I try not to let paranoia have the better of me as well, prepare as much as you can and maybe it will get better, but I have my doubts and of course that streses me out and actually it does nobody any good but to ignore the events and accept them at what has been said as fact seems to create the most stress of all, cause it creates false optimism, which when destroyed creates more damage.
edit on 3-5-2011 by bubbabuddha because: Spelling and paragraph break up to make it easier to read...

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackOps719
reply to post by HawkMan11

1. Wikipedia is not a legitimate source as proof for anything

2. It even says in your Wikipedia article that all attempts must first be made to give a proper Earth burial. Sea burials are rare and done typically only when one die's at sea.

1. Source?

2. It may be hard to see, but in the quote I made bold the point i had contention with. I haven't made any statements regarding the validity of Bin Laden's death.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   
islam.about.com...

www.isna.net...

I think I have made my point.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by bubbabuddha

Your grandfather was a sharp man, he sensed what was over the horizon.

I would have never believed back in 1998 that the world would be what it is today. I shudder to think what it will be like when I am old and gray, if i ever get there.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   
And just for the hell of it, here are two links about the legitimacy of Wikipedia. These were the first two results that weren't another forum, or a yahoo answers type site.

www.cs.trincoll.edu...:_A_Legitimate_Source%3F

www.wikipedia-is-wrong.com...

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

I only found two links for the Pakistan story but it might be blocked or censored at the moment which explains all the hype about the seals stuff.....i put some links here

CHINESE NEWS AGENCY: Pakistan Killed Osama, The US Just Swooped In At The End

Bin Laden killing was "joint U.S.-Pakistani operation" - Yahoo! News

Bin Laden hideout location 'raises questions' - World news - Death of bin Laden - msnbc.com

Already-Written Book About Navy Seals That Killed Osama Bin Laden Suddenly Hot - The Hollywood Reporter

Activist Post: Beyond the Bin Laden Stunt; The Dire Implications of This Latest Surreal Ploy

Musharraf: Bin Laden mission violated Pakistan - Washington Times

Osama Bin Laden Triggers Security Alert, Recall Marine Bio/Chem Unit - ABC News They pull the bioweapons unit out of japan....

wikileaks osama bin laden pakistan

In wake of bin Laden death, sports once again plays important role - - Sporting News

Meanwhile underneath this deluge of Osama stories we hear.....

Ja pan To Release Censored Fukushima Nuclear Radiation Forecasts | Alexander Higgins Blog

The Plan to Raise Taxes by $7 Trillion - Derek Thompson - Business - The Atlantic

New FBI Documents Provide Details on Government’s Surveillance Spyware | Electronic Frontier Foundation

Iranian state TV carries report of Israeli build-up - Yahoo! News

How Goldman Sachs Created the Food Crisis - By Frederick Kaufman | Foreign Policy

Geithner Pries Away $30 Trillion ForEx Derivative Market from Regulation | FDL News Desk

Debt ceiling window extended to Aug. 2 - May. 2, 2011

Failing to Raise U.S. Debt Ceiling Would Be ‘Most Asinine,’ Buffett Says

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
What??? You don't think the OBL-Hitler thing is just a quirky coincidence? You honestly beleive that the burial at sea was a cover-up? The dozens of college kids smiling for the hundreds of photographers was anything other than spontaneous?? All I can say is... S&F for you, my friend!!

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   

hahahahahahahahahaha, shutdown

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Could you elaborate what it was? Im not being sassy, I just do not always get the same thing from articles that other people do.

For instance, in those two articles, the point I get is that there is no comment on burial at sea.

And even in the Wikipedia article, it says,

en.wikipedia.org...

If the death occurs at sea, and there is a fear of the decay of the body....

IF, AND. Two conditions for burial at sea, neither of which apply to Osama.

Edit to add,

And I do agree that generally speaking, Wikipedia is a good source. It gets a little dodgy, however, when it comes to propaganda. Why? Because anyone can edit it, at any time. So, as an example, if the propagandists wanted to disappear a fact, or alter a fact, its much easier on Wikipedia than it would be in a book which has thousands of copies in print. Sure, it might eventually find its way back into the article, but if you can keep it out for the couple weeks when a lot of people would want that fact, (ie right after a big event) they may never realize they should go look again later. They will just memorize what they see.

edit on 3-5-2011 by Illusionsaregrander because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
This event has woken some of the heaviest sleepers...S&F for a great summarization of my exact suspicions.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Artorius

Yeah, I agree, the OSL myth has been going on far too long. For if he were alive and indeed had to have dialysis, that itself would provide an easy tracking method. Dialysis machines have to be serviced every now and then, certain medications have to be bought, filters, etc. Blood levels have to be brought to labs on a regular basis. To live ten years on dialysis is plenty difficult for those who do, but to be on the run and be undetectable, etc, nah.

My question mark about the whole story is this. Since I've never been in the armed forces, I just presume (so correct me here if need be) that the army does the tank and land things while the seals do the water related things. So I wondered why would not an army elite team do this, if it were true? Why seals? And the only answer I came come up with is that if the Army did it, then what to do with the body? So, bring in the navy in order to conjure up a burial at sea story.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
very well said OP...i dont think people realize how bad this is going to get...we are in for MORE THAN ONE false flag attack here in the US...this is the endgame to usher in martial law and the permanent fascist police state, so the monsters in charge will not be taking any chances with one localized attack like 9/11...i expect multiple cities to be obliterated by whatever these psychos have cooked up, and martial law to be implemented permanently...people who see this as simply OBL outliving his usefulness as the bogeyman are being incredibly naive, because no way in hell the gov wastes this golden opportunity to terrorize the American population...
...and another thing...i have heard a lot of talk that this is just being used to cover up other things, and i dont necessarily believe this is the case...remember the day before 9/11 when Rumsfeld said we were missing trillions of dollars? then everybody forgot about it...i dont see anything major enough in the news that this would be a cover for, people have mostly forgotten about Japan and the msm isnt covering the levee situation anyway, and they will be forced to soon if it worsens...so i feel as though there is much less of a chance that they are using this for cover (except maybe just as an added convenience) than there is that THIS IS A BEGINNING TO A VERY, VERY GRUESOME EPISODE in human history...

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Great Thread and I totally agree, something stinks! S&F

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Ok...the more they talk, the more this story unravels. First, they said four people, including Bin Laden were killed. When it was brought up that that was far too few people to be protecting Bin Laden, they amended the statement to say that an additional 22 people were "killed or captured". When a reporter suggested shooting an unarmed man had occurred, it was stated that he was "reaching for a weapon"'. Later, he was using his wife as a shield...etc. One would think he would have a weapon handy and know how to use it.

Now, they are going to have a press conference that supposedly covers how the SEALS went from section to section of the compound, clearing it as they went. Seriously? Not one person from Bin Laden's crew sounded the alarm?

Not to mention that ABC news was showing some kind of blood stain on a mattress, inferring it could have been the bed Bin Laden was in when shot. Huh???? He was still in bed, in section two or three, on the second or third floor of the main building....with four helicopters and 20 SEALS??

Now there were children in the room when he was shot. Seriously....they should just shut up at this point.

No guards, either. For the leader of the largest terror network in the world. Amazing.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

I wish someone would write this story as if it were a fairy tale,

"Once upon a time, there was an evil terrorist leader. And he was hiding in a mansion in Pakistan. Last week, errr earlier today, 3, err, 4 helicopters of Navy Seals crashed into the house and was engaged in a vicious firefight in which Osama grabbed his wife to use as a human shield, errrr it was some other woman, and the wife was killed, err shot in the calf. Obama came at the Navy Seals with his human shield and guns blazing..err did not return fire.......errr might have reached for a gun. And the brave Nave Seals shot him in the head. The end. (hours pass) Oh, yeah, and the body is on its way out to sea..............err wait, we dumped it before we told you. "

Etc., etc.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

I agree with all of your issues.
Anyone who believes a single word this corrupt government utters have got to be crazy.
I think they`re trying to frame Pakistan.

I think most people who haven`t been taken in by what the US government do will totally agree with your thoughts.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by bubbabuddha
According to a china report it sounds like Bin Laden was actually in a Pakistani helicopter possibly and that was shot down by US forces..

How about a source for this "China Report"?

Edit to Add: Nevermind - I now see your sources in above post. Thanks for the continued reading.

edit on 5/3/2011 by freakjive because: found sources

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Very good and succint OP. Thank you!

Just one thought to add, I can not help but notice the timing.

I think about the Middle East revolutions, staged as they are, and find my self
thinking there is a huge connection....they say timing is everything.

It was time for Bin Laden to exit - stage right.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
The one comment I'll make... because I really do have some problems with this official story:

I don't know how it is in Pakistan, but I live in the middle east, and we see military operations every single day. We see open jeeps with 50-cal machine guns on top, going down the highway. We see tanks regularly. We see jets doing maneuvers. I see military vehicles on the road every single time I leave the house. Two days ago I saw several helicopters doing something near my house. An explosion would make us sit up & take notice, but 4 military helicopters hovering around? I probably wouldn't even look out the window for that anymore.

Also, houses here are called "villas" and they are all surrounded by 6' or taller concrete block walls. I think ours are 7-8' - I've seen taller. We rarely see our neighbors who live right next door. In fact, I've only ever seen the kids walking with the maids. I never have seen the homeowners. In most of the houses on my street I've never seen anyone, ever. All you see are cars going in & out of huge motorized gates. And maids walking with kids. That's IT.

OBL could have been living next door to me for the last 6 years here and I would have never known.

I'm not defending this story, just pointing out a few things.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Got to say you nailed it. NIce

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join