It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Osama Buried at Sea...within 24 hours. Really?

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Obviously this is the news of the day: Osama is dead.

- Who? Obama?
- No, the other one: Osama Bin Laden.

Yeah.

And I am the Superman....

Is the world really in this state of dumbness? Dumped in the sea?

We are witness to the most shameless political theatre in the history of the world.

Now Im sure obama will be reelected. Is not he a "great hero" a "nobel peace oscar winner" and now a boogeyman killer, huh?
edit on 3-5-2011 by RUSSO because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by The Ghost Who Walks

They should have extracted a sample to bring back of DNA and left the body for his family. I will never believe or fall for this having been OBL in the first place. The entire thing is a lie and discarding whom ever into the ocean in a hasty manner only serves the CT surrounding a terror attack on US soil or its allies.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar
Umm, yes and people will be all snobbish about how we honor all faiths especially Muslim here in America under POTUS. This is to hide any truth from coming forward, if there was honor they would have left these duties to the family of OBL. Anything we can do is dishonor.
He was not exactly on good terms with the rest of the family.

Originally posted by neowakko
There's nothing in the muslim practices that would require one to be buried in the sea.

Muslims believe that Adam was made from soil/earth. When one dies, they are to be returned to the earth. 6 feet under.

Never heard of dumping in the sea. Not in any known sect of islam.
Look up "sea burial" on Wikipedia, and scroll down. Better yet, call your local mosque and ask the Imam.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar
reply to post by The Ghost Who Walks

They should have extracted a sample to bring back of DNA and left the body for his family. I will never believe or fall for this having been OBL in the first place. The entire thing is a lie and discarding whom ever into the ocean in a hasty manner only serves the CT surrounding a terror attack on US soil or its allies.
CT's are never satisfied. You meet one request for proof, and they just demand another, and another, until you run out of proof for their absurd assertions and they can declare that they've "won". They almost never admit they were wrong about anything whatsoever.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by bg_socalif
This whole thing is just too "clean and efficient" for my taste. Personally i thought he'd been dead for years.

- The raid by Seal Team 6 begins around 1:15 am Monday morning Pakistan time. It lasts approx 40 minutes.

- During the raid OBL is killed with 2 shots to the head. One of the MH-60 choppers crashes, the wreckage is destroyed by the team.

- They exfiltrate on the remaining MH-60's with OBL's body. Having ID'd him by facial recognition despite the head shots.

- They return to the USS Carl Vinson. OBL is again identified through DNA analysis (that sure was quick). Then he is buried at sea.

When I read the article about him being buried at sea, it was only 1:30PM Monday Pakistan time at the time i read it.

All this happens in less than 12 hrs? Something smells rotten IMO. It was something to get attention away from his birth cert (i'm not a birther) controversy, also to get him reelected as the "guy who got Osama". IMO.
Having to destroy a chopper is "clean" for you? Those things cost tens of millions each!

DNA analysis only takes hours. It takes days for cops because of the backlog, not the actual testing.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by JakeLeMaster

And everything is a conspiracy to you??! there are plenty of good and legitamate reasons to dispose of him at sea even if you are too focused on a conspiracy to see it.

... and they could not have cremeted him as that is even more dubious! i think you are struggling to see the wood from the trees.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnigmaAgent
Yes, I believe he was burried at sea.

Because nothing at the moment shows otherwise.

Wow. Just, wow. So, you'll believe anything as long as "nothing at the moment shows otherwise"?

Well, I believe he's been dead a while, and did not die the way they are saying, nor did they ever have his body.

Because nothing at the moment shows otherwise.

They could have proven it, but they didn't. I guess they didn't think people would want to verify that boogey man #1 is really dead. Just take their word for it.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by 000063

What little bit of proof are you talking about?? I havent seen one lick of evidence... Thanks

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
They say they are waiting to make a decision to release photos of his dead body, when in reality they are saying, give us time to photoshop one and we'll get back to you.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
TPTB were worried about his body being dug up from any mainland grave by his followers?? WTF?I would've thought that to be a huge nono against any of thier Islamic practice and tradition!

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by FuGGer

From an account that I read here on a link, it said that the family DNA was collected a few years ago (not OBLs specifically) and that it was a 100% match.
BUT it's been reported that OBLs SON was taken down and killed as well.
So who's to say it isn't his SON that was taken out to sea??
After all, ALL of his family if DNA tested would come back as a 100% match.
This DNA test just proves it was a Bin Laden, not OBL specifically.

That's of course assuming this whole scenario actually happened.
so yeah, weird for sure.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by JKF1897
You're comparing a small crowd of college kids chanting USA with a picture of a leader of terrorism shot in the head.
Come on now. Second, Fox News, CNN can't cover a crowd celebrating like that? Oh hey, shut down the video, we don't want to show this.

A small crowd? Who do you think you're fooling buddy? There were large celebrations all across the country, with the NYPD, fire dept., etc. all joining in. Not that I blame them, but looking at the images of everybody chanting and waving flags over somebody being killed, I wondered what we would be saying if a team of extremists had managed to kill a president and they were all waving flags chanting in celebration...we would call them animals. More hypocrisy in the U.S. And CNN could choose not to cover the crowds celebrating, and use the same reasoning they used against not playing his OBL's supposed martyr tape, or the reasoning they say they aren't showing the body. But again, that didn't stop them from showing any of his other messages, or the bodies of other slain bad guys, or pics of Abu Ghraib, etc. etc. This is all a HUGE crock.

Also, I think we're seeing that new government program used to give the illusion of pro-gov public opinion in full force on internet boards the past couple days. I hope so anyway, I don't want to believe people are so gullible.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

I found this online on The Canadian Press

"CAIRO - Muslim clerics said Monday that Osama bin Laden's burial at sea was a violation of Islamic tradition that may further provoke militant calls for revenge attacks against American targets.

Although there appears to be some room for debate over the burial — as with many issues within the faith — a wide range of senior Islamic scholars interpreted it as a humiliating disregard for the standard Muslim practice of placing the body in a grave with the head pointed toward the holy city of Mecca.

Sea burials can be allowed, they said, but only in special cases where the death occurred aboard a ship."

heres the link if you wish to read more

ca.news.yahoo.com...

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Bin ladens 12 year old daughter, who is in custody, admitted to seeing her father killed by american troops......

Presumably she is a CIA operative in order that all the speculation and conspiracies bandied about here remain true.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by malcr

Care to provide a source for that information? I was unaware by the official statement about a 12-year-old daughter being in custody or at the scene of the raid?

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jakes51
reply to post by malcr

Care to provide a source for that information? I was unaware by the official statement about a 12-year-old daughter being in custody or at the scene of the raid?

I second that call for a source. Not all of us just believe it whenever somebody makes a claim, especially known liars (as the government is). We'll see if they release the photos or not, but even then, the fact that there is NO body to autopsy, or identify is going to make this a conspiracy theory that will not die. Photos can be manipulated, so there is no real proof they killed Bin Laden, nor will there ever be. Islamic tradition be damned, if what he did was fact, he deserved no special burial and the American people deserved solid proof that they got him. Not that I believe he's still alive, I believe he died of renal failure long ago. The leaders of AQ wouldn't want their main man to go out like an old sickly man, so they probably kept his death quiet. It suits them just as much as it suits our government to be able to say the he went down fighting the infidels in a blaze of glory.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by 15FORreal
reply to post by onehuman

I found this online on The Canadian Press

"CAIRO - Muslim clerics said Monday that Osama bin Laden's burial at sea was a violation of Islamic tradition that may further provoke militant calls for revenge attacks against American targets.

Although there appears to be some room for debate over the burial — as with many issues within the faith — a wide range of senior Islamic scholars interpreted it as a humiliating disregard for the standard Muslim practice of placing the body in a grave with the head pointed toward the holy city of Mecca.

Sea burials can be allowed, they said, but only in special cases where the death occurred aboard a ship."

heres the link if you wish to read more

ca.news.yahoo.com...

Quite right, the burial was not handled in the manner of Islamic tradition.
From Wikipedia:

This is, however, a tradition, specific to each culture, and not found in the Quran. However, even in cases of drowning, all effort must be made to perform a burial in the ground.
[14] ||]] “ An important tradition is that if it is likely that an enemy may try to dig up the grave or destroy the grave site, then it would be acceptable to bury the body in an unmarked grave - which might allow for a burial at sea. If a person drowns, there should be an effort made to seek the person's body and to bury it in the ground. „ — Dr. Christian van Gorder, associate professor of religion at Baylor University

So they dumped him at sea to further inflame the Muslim world?
edit on 3-5-2011 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Before I write my view on this topic, I would just like to say I am incredibly pleased by those ATSers who put very valuable information and threads on here. I have been reading various threads regularly for the past 6 or so months now and feel thankful that my eyes are wide open.

Anyhow, back to this topic, it feels too predictable that the 'Most Wanted' man in the world for over 10 years miraculously is found 'hiding' in Pakistan, killed overnight and within 12 Hours buried so called 'Islamically' in the sea.

First of all it is not Islamic at all to be buried at sea unless it is due to severe circumstances ie. death at sea etc. No photos or proof have been provided relating to his death and no witnesses at all who live in the supposed area where he was killed had even seen him or a member of his family.

This is too much of a blatant cover-up to hide something which is being planned or in the works to take affect or just a sad way of blaming all those Muslim countries that All Muslims should now be feared as they will retaliate. I think it is a load of garbage and those who beleive this to be true, you really need to keep your eyes open for what the government is planning. I really don't think it is the so called Jihadists to be scared of but rather your own government.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
LOL at USA its like there deliberately trying to piss off there citizens with this bull#. There deceiving us, stealing our rights. WTFF is going on.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I had to create an account just to post what I thought because there's still a lot of questions you guys aren't asking. I, for one, believe this is a lie and there never was a OBL to begin with. Here are some questions you should be asking (feel free to answer you opinion):

How come there weren't any casualties in the downed Apache?
(it would indicate their was some kind of resistance since it was supposedly "shot" down)

How come the leader of Al-Queda didn't have a bunch of security with him?
(the operation supposedly took 40 minutes, in and out which is not believable for a person of his status)

Why would someone on the run be living in a multi-million dollar hideout?
(Saddam was found in a hole and left his lavish palace when he fled)

Why haven't they released the identities of the other casualties in the compound?
(I believe there was a female and two males)

How come they didn't take any prisoners?
(I highly doubt they were the only ones in the compound "if it's true at all")

Why would they burn the compound down? What's the purpose of that?
(obviously burning evidence, if the blood near that bed was phony they'd want to get rid of it)

If Osama supposedly near a military compound they would have known of his existence and were obviously in his pockets. Why wasn't a fight put up to protect him? Why no accusations pointing the finger at Pakistan for hiding him?

Why didn't they take him alive? It seems like a fight wasn't put up if one bullet to the head supposedly did the trick. I'm willing to bet that they captured one of his sons and were holding him for this situation. They'll release the name of the captured son but by that time he would have already been killed and MIA for some time.

I have many more questions but I'll leave you guys at these for now.

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join