It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Originally posted by SphinxMontreal
Since when did Osama become a pirate lord deserving of a burial at sea?
Ahoy mate, arr! Let's see now, Captain Osama Been Hidin' grew up in a desert with camels and allegedly masterminded bringing the most powerful nation to its knees from a cave in some mountainous region in Afghanistan. So let's bury him at sea even though the guy looks like he's never been to a beach in his life. Hardy, har, har.
Originally posted by Hesperornis
I don't usually buy into most of the conspiracy theories posted on this site, but this one is a doozy. Some thoughts:
1. The "Islamic rituals" part, I believe was said just to placate the large Muslim population. For many Muslims, they think that OBL is the "figurehead" for the "war against Islam" (as they see it). So merely to say "we followed Islamic practices" is an attempt to show the Muslim's that they only went after him because he's a terrorist, but that after the deed was done, they still respected Islam enough to honour the traditions.
2. Burial at sea: ridiculous! He died in Pakistan so he should have been buried there. Did they dump him in the sea on his right side, and facing Mecca? Did only men view/handle the body? Since he died a Shahid (martyr) he should not have been washed before burial, so WHY would you dump him in a big body of water? Did they shroud him first? Were the ritual prayers done?
I'm betting NO on all of those, so I think it was just coincidental that he was disposed of so quickly, and it was very opportunistic to claim they did it to follow Islamic customs.
3. Much Earlier/Never?: WHAT is the real reason to dispose so quickly and so irreversibly of his body? If you bury it in an undisclosed location, you could STILL avoid all the problems that have been claimed (shrine no country wanting him blah blah) BUT if need be, you could dig him up if you need something later (ie. more DNA or w/e). But to dump him in the sea says "this is it, there's no going back".
How do we know he's really dead?
Who looks for a dead person that's been dumped in the sea? NO ONE. What if he's not dead, but was captured? They could torture him extract info from etc... for years to come, and no one will care because nobody knows and nobody is watching.
When did he die?
The speed of this thing is ridiculous. No rational person can believe it all happened so quickly with no leaks anywhere. WHAT IF he did die but earlier/a lot earlier than is claimed? It would be a good reason to "dump his body at sea" so quickly (hiding freezer burns?) or just claim to have done that because he was dead & buried a long time ago?
The sceptic in me says this whole thing is an opportunistic stunt, whether he is really dead or not - whether he died recently or years ago.
Originally posted by hawaii50th
This is why the U.S. is going down the toilet.
Rules About Burial of the Dead Body
620. * It is obligatory to bury a dead body in the ground, so deep that its smell does not come out and the beasts of prey do not dig it out, and, if there is a danger of such beasts digging it out then the grave should be made solid with bricks, etc.
621. If it is not possible to bury a dead body in the ground, it may be kept in a vault or a coffin, instead.
622. The dead body should be laid in the grave on its right side so that the face remains towards the Qibla.
623. * If a person dies on a ship and if there is no fear of the decay of the dead body and if there is no problem in retaining it for sometime on the ship, it should be kept on it and buried in the ground after reaching the land. Otherwise, after giving Ghusl, Hunut, Kafan and Namaz-e-Mayyit it should be lowered into the sea in a vessel of clay or with a weight tied to its feet. And as far as possible it should not be lowered at a point where it is eaten up immediately by the sea predators.
624. If it is feared that an enemy may dig up the grave and exhume the dead body and amputate its ears or nose or other limbs, it should be lowered into sea, if possible, as stated in the foregoing rule.
625. * The expenses of lowering the dead body into the sea, or making the grave solid on the ground can be deducted from the estate of the deceased, if necessary.
627. It is not permitted to bury a Muslim in the graveyard of the non-Muslims, nor to bury a non-Muslim in the graveyard of the Muslims.
628. It is also not permissible to bury the dead body of a Muslim at a place which is disrespectful, like places where garbage is thrown.
629. It is not permissible to bury a dead body in a usurped place nor in a place which is dedicated for purposes other than burial (e.g. in a Masjid).
Originally posted by neowakko
There's nothing in the muslim practices that would require one to be buried in the sea.
Muslims believe that Adam was made from soil/earth. When one dies, they are to be returned to the earth. 6 feet under.
Never heard of dumping in the sea. Not in any known sect of islam.
Originally posted by HawkMan11
I cant exactly source this, but i was listening to AM radio (I think it was around 1090 on the west coast), but they said that the body was bathed and shrouded. I'm not making an argument either way, i don't know. But the media is at least reporting that he was bathed and shrouded.
Originally posted by ScarletNyx
reply to post by AntiNWO
Of course there are things about his death that won't come out for months, if not years, but some of the finer facts may be let out after people have time to cool down and the 24 hour news cycle is not so ravenous for something of this nature.
Originally posted by pcrobotwolf
reply to post by onehuman
this is faster then a jewish burial. Very very strange i found this very strange Bin Laden's body is being handled in accordance with Islamic practice and tradition, one senior administration official said. He is expected to be In his address, the president invoked the memory and imagery of the 9/11 attacks, and the "gaping hole in our hearts" that led to the international manhunt for bin Laden nearly a decade ago. huh one official said what? to me it would seem they cut out a portion of what they wrote Lol what it would seem like to me is they put i period at the end of "official said" to end the sentence and cut out after "He is expected to to be". Who is he the president or Osama bin the beginning of the sentence denotes more to bin ladin then a transition to the president. The dumb asses even captialized the I in "in" indicating it was the start of a new sentence lol
edit on 2-5-2011 by pcrobotwolf because: (no reason given)
Originally posted by blindsopen
It's all a plot people... a big distraction just to get our minds off the issues already at hand.I am not going to waste my time on this OLD AND TRUMPPED UP NEWS. OSAMA BEEN DEAD?