It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Osama Buried at Sea...within 24 hours. Really?

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Ancient Champion

YES! lets do

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by SphinxMontreal

Since when did Osama become a pirate lord deserving of a burial at sea?

Ahoy mate, arr! Let's see now, Captain Osama Been Hidin' grew up in a desert with camels and allegedly masterminded bringing the most powerful nation to its knees from a cave in some mountainous region in Afghanistan. So let's bury him at sea even though the guy looks like he's never been to a beach in his life. Hardy, har, har.

Hahaha! ROFLMAO!
pure gold!

Ahhh my side hurts - I think I laugh myself to death - please dump my body at sea somewhere ARR!

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
This is why the U.S. is going down the toilet.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hesperornis
I don't usually buy into most of the conspiracy theories posted on this site, but this one is a doozy. Some thoughts:

1. The "Islamic rituals" part, I believe was said just to placate the large Muslim population. For many Muslims, they think that OBL is the "figurehead" for the "war against Islam" (as they see it). So merely to say "we followed Islamic practices" is an attempt to show the Muslim's that they only went after him because he's a terrorist, but that after the deed was done, they still respected Islam enough to honour the traditions.

2. Burial at sea: ridiculous! He died in Pakistan so he should have been buried there. Did they dump him in the sea on his right side, and facing Mecca? Did only men view/handle the body? Since he died a Shahid (martyr) he should not have been washed before burial, so WHY would you dump him in a big body of water? Did they shroud him first? Were the ritual prayers done?

I'm betting NO on all of those, so I think it was just coincidental that he was disposed of so quickly, and it was very opportunistic to claim they did it to follow Islamic customs.

3. Much Earlier/Never?: WHAT is the real reason to dispose so quickly and so irreversibly of his body? If you bury it in an undisclosed location, you could STILL avoid all the problems that have been claimed (shrine no country wanting him blah blah) BUT if need be, you could dig him up if you need something later (ie. more DNA or w/e). But to dump him in the sea says "this is it, there's no going back".

How do we know he's really dead?
Who looks for a dead person that's been dumped in the sea? NO ONE. What if he's not dead, but was captured? They could torture him extract info from etc... for years to come, and no one will care because nobody knows and nobody is watching.

When did he die?
The speed of this thing is ridiculous. No rational person can believe it all happened so quickly with no leaks anywhere. WHAT IF he did die but earlier/a lot earlier than is claimed? It would be a good reason to "dump his body at sea" so quickly (hiding freezer burns?) or just claim to have done that because he was dead & buried a long time ago?

The sceptic in me says this whole thing is an opportunistic stunt, whether he is really dead or not - whether he died recently or years ago.

I cant exactly source this, but i was listening to AM radio (I think it was around 1090 on the west coast), but they said that the body was bathed and shrouded. I'm not making an argument either way, i don't know. But the media is at least reporting that he was bathed and shrouded.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by hawaii50th
This is why the U.S. is going down the toilet.

Hell yes . The Navy prolly wouldn't let his rotting dead carcass on their ship with out a chem dip at least.

edit on 3-5-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
So this is what happened..

A Navy SEAL 6 team busted in , killed Osama.

Collected DNA, Held the body until the DNA was confirmed.

Released the body. Washed the body (Islamic tradition).

Loaded him up on a airplane.

Flew 1000 miles to the nearest ocean.

Dumped the body.

All this in less than 24 hours.

My ass.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   

www.seaservices.com...
Rules About Burial of the Dead Body

620. * It is obligatory to bury a dead body in the ground, so deep that its smell does not come out and the beasts of prey do not dig it out, and, if there is a danger of such beasts digging it out then the grave should be made solid with bricks, etc.

621. If it is not possible to bury a dead body in the ground, it may be kept in a vault or a coffin, instead.

622. The dead body should be laid in the grave on its right side so that the face remains towards the Qibla.

623. * If a person dies on a ship and if there is no fear of the decay of the dead body and if there is no problem in retaining it for sometime on the ship, it should be kept on it and buried in the ground after reaching the land. Otherwise, after giving Ghusl, Hunut, Kafan and Namaz-e-Mayyit it should be lowered into the sea in a vessel of clay or with a weight tied to its feet. And as far as possible it should not be lowered at a point where it is eaten up immediately by the sea predators.

624. If it is feared that an enemy may dig up the grave and exhume the dead body and amputate its ears or nose or other limbs, it should be lowered into sea, if possible, as stated in the foregoing rule.

625. * The expenses of lowering the dead body into the sea, or making the grave solid on the ground can be deducted from the estate of the deceased, if necessary.

627. It is not permitted to bury a Muslim in the graveyard of the non-Muslims, nor to bury a non-Muslim in the graveyard of the Muslims.

628. It is also not permissible to bury the dead body of a Muslim at a place which is disrespectful, like places where garbage is thrown.

629. It is not permissible to bury a dead body in a usurped place nor in a place which is dedicated for purposes other than burial (e.g. in a Masjid).

Found this on another forum, muslim burial traditions.

Dropping it at sea afterwards means no martyr's shrine or pilgrimages by future followers - just a classified grid-reference and fishfood. No body in a hole, no head in a jar, not even an urn of ashes in a CIA vault that some other nutter can demand in exchange for hostages etc.

No trail, no nothing, hell I think this is the US trying to minimise the fallout by denying his followers a shrine.

Good on 'em I say.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by neowakko
There's nothing in the muslim practices that would require one to be buried in the sea.

Muslims believe that Adam was made from soil/earth. When one dies, they are to be returned to the earth. 6 feet under.

Never heard of dumping in the sea. Not in any known sect of islam.

This really reminds me of movie from the 80's, A Passage to India, where Mrs. Moore dies on the ship on the way back to Britain, and not having the facilities to store the body, they put her body to sea. In the movie, she loved India so much, that letting her body be in the sea near India made sense.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by HawkMan11
I cant exactly source this, but i was listening to AM radio (I think it was around 1090 on the west coast), but they said that the body was bathed and shrouded. I'm not making an argument either way, i don't know. But the media is at least reporting that he was bathed and shrouded.

If this is true, they have made a mistake. Since he died a Shahid (martyr) he should NOT have been bathed.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by AussieNutter

Yeah, good plan kill two birds with one stone. No body no martyr, no body no proof just their word. Yep, great plan whose going to prove it any different.
And all the lemmings go, yessser whatever you say sir.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
absolutely agree .. after obama is re-elected

Originally posted by ScarletNyx
reply to post by AntiNWO

Of course there are things about his death that won't come out for months, if not years, but some of the finer facts may be let out after people have time to cool down and the 24 hour news cycle is not so ravenous for something of this nature.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Seems a bit too convenient to dump his body so quickly, I believe he's been dead for a while and this is some kind of publicity stunt.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Frankenchrist

they dropped his ass out the helicopter on the way to the carrier....oops

edit on 3-5-2011 by anumohi because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by pcrobotwolf
reply to post by onehuman

this is faster then a jewish burial. Very very strange i found this very strange Bin Laden's body is being handled in accordance with Islamic practice and tradition, one senior administration official said. He is expected to be In his address, the president invoked the memory and imagery of the 9/11 attacks, and the "gaping hole in our hearts" that led to the international manhunt for bin Laden nearly a decade ago. huh one official said what? to me it would seem they cut out a portion of what they wrote Lol what it would seem like to me is they put i period at the end of "official said" to end the sentence and cut out after "He is expected to to be". Who is he the president or Osama bin the beginning of the sentence denotes more to bin ladin then a transition to the president. The dumb asses even captialized the I in "in" indicating it was the start of a new sentence lol

edit on 2-5-2011 by pcrobotwolf because: (no reason given)

Who's the idiot? How about learning basic grammar and puncuation. Are you in 2nd grade? I ask because I know 3rd graders with a better understanding of how sentences in fact work.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Zeta4

Exactly, what better way to get re-elected than to catch the most wanted man in the world. There's no way this was actually osama. Hes probably been dead for years and theyre using the sea burial excuse so nobody asks any questions. And the crazy thing is theres people that are straight up believing this without even slightly questioning it!

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Hesperornis

He wasn't a Martyr, nobody was asking him to renounce his religious beliefs. He was assassinated for crimes he committed/planned against the US. They did the right thing, he didn't care about those who died under building rubble/fire/smoke on 9-11, why should we give him any special treatment because of his religion?

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by blindsopen
It's all a plot people... a big distraction just to get our minds off the issues already at hand.I am not going to waste my time on this OLD AND TRUMPPED UP NEWS. OSAMA BEEN DEAD?

A Deflector I see is amongst our midst. Ahh, and what issues might you be referring to? Tea Party yipyap, Birther crud?

This has been the biggest news since the Death of Michael Jackson. With hopefully both the Birther nonsense and bin Ladin firmly out of the picture, the end of The Iraqi Theatre, The dual edged disaster known as Katrina, Abu Ghirab, SE Tornadoes and whatever else has happened means we can finally move past these distractions.

Now since our plate just got considerably clearer means we can now focus on jobs, the economy, the restoration of The American Dream. The aforementioned can now be had, as The $6 Million Dollar Man goes, "Sir,we have the technology to fix him and make him better!" this is what we should be thinking about as our primary focus. Leave decisive politics out of this and we can all come together.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
They can't just throw the most wanted man in the world into the ocean and expect everyone to believe that its him! they need to take pictures and video footage......afterall Saddam was everywhere on the TV when they found him and HELL.....they actually showed him being killed.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
I hope someone had their iphone app on the US ship with their GPS active as to record the location of the dump

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Just add on another government lie to all the others we have been told.........My eyes have not been open that long to many of the governments deceptions but now that they are i feel like i am living in the twilight zone......Gee i wonder whats next?????????

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join