It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't Be Distracted : The Real Problem = Historic Mississippi Flood/Intentional Levee Breach

page: 36
<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by OverMan

Working in those areas.. flood zones and hurricane recovery ..
and with all due respect I think I understand your view of bringing attention to another huge issue that seems to not be being give the true coverage (japan and all that comes with it)
Though I can not personally do anything to change either floods or radiation... I am curious to hear your thoughts or opinions on how "bad" this "flood" could be.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz
reply to post by OverMan

this has nothing to do with the topic. but the human brain actually has cannabinoid receptors, not "thc" receptors. thc is classified as a "cannabinoid", but is not the type produced regularly in the brain. cannabinoids regulate hunger, relaxation, memory, and sleep if i remember correctly. so introducing relatively massive amounts of cannabinoids theoretically would produce the munchies, chill feeling, and eventually sleepiness.

this is what happens when you smoke pot. it also causes you to post things on the wrong topics.

back on topic:

thats pretty crazy you felt it 18 miles away. i can't believe they are doing this, not that there are many options, but blowing things up seems to be an all too common solution nowadays.
edit on 2-5-2011 by Bob Sholtz because: (no reason given)

1: I did not post "on the wrong topics"
2: your under educated comment is backed by psuedo science paid for by schills and I can prove it.
3: I went off topic and my post was removed yet the post that led me off topic stands = CLEAR BIAS
4: Even if I used the wrong wording, the fact is that THC fits the receptor sites of the human brain perfectly which I do not believe is some sort of unexplainable coincidence.
5: where did you get the biased idea that I smoke pot simply because I am familiar with the debate and the science?
6: dont talk to me about classifications as the FDA classifies marijauna as an addictive drug yet all the evidence proves otherwise and if we are to admit that it is addictive at all then we would admit that it is a psychological adddiction, like chocolate or sex or posting on ATS forums....

Back on topic......

I think this flooding sequence will not be a 500 year event, as if it will not happen for another 500 years which is how most "experts" refer to this sequence of events, as a "500 year flood".

I feel sorry for the folks in the flooded areas. I have worked in these type of environs and I know the devastation it can cause. I was in NC in 1997 I think it was, were a series of damns and levies failed simultaneously.

I recall standing in the middle of an open field with power lines 30 feet in the air with couches and whole trees dangling from them leading me to the realization that water was 30 feet high in all directions.

I saw caskets unearthed, houses moved across the street and all manner of stuff that would blow most peoples minds.

See how easy that was yet watch my post get removed.
Gotta love "smart" people

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by dwmjr1985

Yes would be a great time to visit... I apologize for the delay in response, was trying to catch up on everything I may have missed through this thread and a few others.
If I may be perfectly honest... Everything I have read just scared the crap outta me

I will plan a route tomorrow, I will try to post pics as I go along... If I cant check in during the day.. I will post everything when I get home.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by OverMan

At this point I am worried... will this be an Epic even, I guess we will know .. actually very soon.
Maybe I should go find the forums on chocolate and sex - so I can rest for the evening.. since I dont have either here
(or thc for that matter.. LOL )

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by OverMan

No worries but please let me know how that radioactive fertilizer that they use on most domestic tobacco is goin for ya, K? Mods, please remove the my other off topic post thanks.... Sorry I even looked at this thread, not!!! and I believe I stayed on topic enough yet someone, someone here reported me to the authorities...

Seriously Overman? I wouldn't take it that personally. The guy that tried to bring OBL into this thread got rebuked too. This has been one of the better threads for talking about and getting information on what is going on with the flooding and I think people just want to stay focused and not let the thread get off track too far because this isn't getting a lot of media attention. And you're right-radiation from Japan is an issue but there are other threads to discuss that. However, what makes this particular issue a concern greater than the flood is the fact that it is on the New Madrid. Here's something to be concerned about if you really want to focus on radiation... now, to the point of my post...

Has anybody considered or know about the number of nuclear reactors in this area? A few things I ran across while I was browsing elsewhere tonight that I haven't seen brought up on this thread yet...

Now, the Army Corps of Engineers has detonated 250 tons of TNT in this fault zone to so-called mitigate flooding. Residents are now reporting that decontamination units have been set up in the area of Marion, Illinois as a result: The National Guard or Army is set up at the old Wal Mart parking lot with 2 Decontamination units ( red trailers marked decontamination ) and they flood lights set up (daytime so not in use) and 7 other tents set up and equipment... There were also police vehicles from Loves Park and Illinois state police , and a red semi trailer marked Illinois terrorist unit.. area was cordoned off where no civilians could enter.

Source

Can anyone in or near Marion confirm this? There is also other stuff in the article about FEMA prep and HAARP.The description above could just be part of the set-up for NLE 11 but something to watch nonetheless

Then we have the tritium being detected in the MS river that was mentioned earlier in this thread right around the time Birds Point was blown that was supposedly from a nuclear plant further south.

From another article:

There are several nuclear power plants in the vicinity of the New Madrid Fault Zone. In Japan the Earth Quake took out the Main Power to the reactors and the Tsunami took out the Back up Power, leading to a Nuclear disaster of Historic proportions.... A new Madrid Earth Quake at this historic Flood stage of the Mississippi and Ohio Rivers could cause the same scenario if the Quake takes out the Main Power and the resulting floods take out the backup power....

Whats so special about Cairo? How about the Paducah KY Gaseous Diffusion Plant 40 miles east of Cairo…? The Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant in Paducah, Kentucky, is the only U.S.-owned uranium enrichment facility in the United States. The plant employs about 1,200 people and produces low-enriched uranium fuel for commercial nuclear power plants in the United States and around the world.

www.usec.com...

Source

I haven't read this fully-just skimmed through it but here is a pdf out of Purdue about NME's. Sorry if someone else has posted this and I'm doubling up.

web.ics.purdue.edu...

Look at the maps and do the math. In the spirit of this thread, none of this is meant to fear-monger. What will happen will happen (though hopefully it doesn't go Fukishima on us.) But, people need to be aware that this could get a lot deeper and thicker than just flooding and earthquakes. And then, what's coming over from Japan would be the least of our worries.

As for the rest, as long as everybody else focuses on the topics at hand and doesn't rise to whatever bait is laid out or take things personally we can keep the thread from devolving into argument.

edit on 7-5-2011 by coyotepoet because: added links

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by coyotepoet

Some very very good points - in fact much of what you have mentioned is what has just pretty much sent me into shock for the evening, so many people do not see the big picture - until its all done and over.
I feel jumbled tonight - but I do know one thing ... I hope when I wake in the morning, this thread will still be alive with updated information as you wonderful people on ATS have always given me. So I can then at least try to help the others get prepared, think prepared, and be aware

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by OverMan

ummkay... You seem to have issues that do not pertain to me, nor do i need a video on THC.

A mapped route that would get me close to breaching levees would be more helpful.
Floods will happen... you are right, there is no stopping it.... BUT if just a few more could be prepared.. if just a FEW more could be aware... then MAYBE we might have some unity and a chance to hold our heads up a little.. instead of sifting through the mud trying to find our citizens.. that just said.. Ummkay - its gonna flood !!

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Nekbet

Correct, the topic of the discourse covers more then just flooding in the mid west as it states "DONT BE DISTRACTED" and I am trying hard not to be distracted by this thread as the nuclear problem in Japan is only getting worse or cant get any worse yet where is the news???

It appears we have 3 complete reactor meltdowns and no solution but to pour more water on them and then back into the sea as we cannot possibly "clean" all the water that is being used to keep the proverbial Genies in their bottles.

That situation is far worse then this flood, even a 500 year flood event as you can run from a flood...usually...

Yeah, I have worked in some bad places, like a war zone yet without as many bodies...

I have had old ladies cry on my shoulder when I simply did my job and got them back in service.

I was in Miami for Katrina/Wilma yet the real deal was 1997 in North Carolina after the dams and levy systems "failed" and I say "failed" because many of the locals believed that when a few rich areas were about to be flooded that the army corps "pulled" a dam which led to the unexpected multiple levy/dam failure which led to the massive flooding of the low lands and the poorer communities.

It took months just to get the trash off the streets. The smell of all those refrigerators full of food slowly rotting in the summer sun is unforgettable. Most of the pets were abandoned and the ones that were lucky enough to not be tied to a chain formed packs that roamed the streets for food.

My first job was next to a fertilizer plant which was down the street from a seafood processing plant, can you imagine the smell?

I remember passing a cemetary where 2-3 dozen caskets were unearthed and tossed randomly all over the place.
Houses moved into the middle of the street etc etc...

Nothing I will ever forget and I didnt experience the actual flooding, just the subsequent recovery effort.

I will soon get the call to go help with this flood yet I do not believe I will go this time.
I am getting old and I now have limits to what I can do even at a wage that few can imagine.

Listen to this NAZI crapolla.... the recovery people will be forced to accept 6 day 12 hour shifts or they can go home and no days off but sunday or you can stay home.

This is how most are treated because the companies who swoop down to get all the federal flood recovery funding are ravenous vultures who care nothing for these communities and nothing for the recovery workers beyond their ability to make them money.

None of it, None of it!!! is from the Heart, caring, sharing and all that nonsense... uncle sam is paying good money to get you all back up and surfin the internets ASAP and these companies are there to help uncle sam spend his money as quickly as possible and sadly that is what it is.

me? Of course I dont go simply to help people primarily as we all have to earn a living yet I always manage to get attached and begin to care once I start meeting the people and getting to know the areas.

Old people in pitiful rundown shacks surprised to even see someone coming to help them is what I expect and I believe I will take a pass this year maybe allow some young buck to cut their teeth instead.

good luck folks, yer going to need it, when they say "go" do not hesitate, go now!

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
If you have a few minutes, take a look at this video:
Jo Ann Emerson interview

Congresswoman Emerson (R-Missouri), is a good friend of my family, and one of the most forthright politicians I know. She calls a spade a spade. This is a very informative interview about the levee breach. Emerson was the woman who tried to stand on the levee to keep them from blowing it while waiting on the Supreme Court to review Missouri's appeal last Sunday.

Here is what is FISHY to me, Obama has already declared Major Disasters for flood in:
Kentucky
Arkansas
Tennessee
Mississippi,
Louisiana, and
Illinois

BUT NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING for Missouri. Emerson expects that we will be added soon, but this flood started here. And we are the last to get the nod from FEMA??? WTH??

You guys have a clue? Because I have no flippin idea.
FEMA Federal Disasters 2011

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by OverMan

Like I stated in my previous post. if it turns out that this is not just flooding and becomes a Japan type situation, America will have a lot more to worry about than what is coming across the ocean. And sadly, your recent post is on topic. It's not just about the current flooding, it's about what happens after and the greed that arises from the situation. I have a friend that told me similar horror stories after Katrina. Thank you for your perspective on this aspect of things.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Nekbet

A 500 year flood event is what I read, sorry cannot find the article, the source worked for the national weather bureau or something to that effect.

I will remind everyone that before we were denying the ignorance of the carbon tax credit scheme we were fairly convinced that climate change was occurring yet we were uncertain as to the why...

This was prior to all the shenanigans that occurred with the UK scientist email leaks/fraud etc etc that was used to distract the world from the reality of climate change wether manmade, man influenced or mother nature working all by herself.

I do not believe this will be a one off and that the classification of a 100 year or 500 year flood event will need some rethinking when it happens again next year or a few years from now etc etc.

Imagine what it would be like without the vast locks and dams network...

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Here's a PDF file detailing the I-40 detour. This map will give you a general area, but traffic is really bad on this detour. Not sure about secondary roads which go deeper into the flood-zone.

I-40 Detour Map (PDF)

A useful tool you can use is go to Entergy Arkansas outages, you can check along the river and creeks with outages and get an idea where it's flooded and just follow the outages. The USGS also has many pages on different sites, but there information is very layered and you'll have to search for any kind of meaningful data. I am still looking for a diagram which gives all you need on one map, but that's not around, it seems.

Here is the link to Entergy Arkansas Outages: Entergy Arkansas Outage Map

Here is a link to Arkansas Department of Emergency Management: ADEM

Arkansas Flooded Road Map
(Not sure if this map is updated, there are some places rumored to be flooding which are not listed.)

I'll add more information when I can find it...

Be safe and if you come to a road which is under water, turn around, don't drive through it. Be safe and well, Godspeed, use the tools here to inform yourselves about the dangers and be sure to have a first-aid kit, batteries, charged cell phones, and plenty of gas, some food and water, just in case.

All my hopes...take care.

edit on 7-5-2011 by trekwebmaster because: Added link...

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Nekbet

If you get a few more prepared then the equation will balance itself out to where a few of their friends and relatives who think they are not so bright will accept ignorance and stay even when they are told to go.

This is not how I want it but it seems to be the rule.

The MSM doesnt need to go around looking for stories of people too smart to know when to run, these kind of stories will flow like these waters perhaps until the end of time.

Hubris, ignorance, whatever you wish to attribute to it.

Apologies as i wasnt posting that vid for you specifically, I simply found a place to put it.... in hopes that the ill informed, those who pulled my posts for a bias reason will see the error of their ways and be repentive

Honestly, I monitor all MSM news and the flooding is receiving a good deal of attention yet of course OBL is winning the race yet again and very sadly, what is occurring in japan is Mega and it isnt going away, ever.

I seriously doubt that the US has reactors with hundreds of tons of spent fuel rods sitting neatly on top of the reactors in a pool of water and an earthquake alone will not be enough to cause similar problems as what has occurred in Japan unless you can convince me that a tsunami will follow a New Madrid earthquake which I highly doubt.

With this in mind....Japan trumps this easily.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by lowgo

BUT NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING for Missouri. Emerson expects that we will be added soon, but this flood started here. And we are the last to get the nod from FEMA??? WTH??

The states you listed cover 3 FEMA regions, MO would be the 4th. That's a good question. Perhaps not enough of MO is messed up yet.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by coyotepoet

I hadn't looked at it like that. Thanks for the info. Yep, >$800MM of damage...but St. Louis is fine.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Army Corps of Engineers, just released map of impact area of flooding from opening Morganza spillway!

Here is the link, the legend with water depths was cut off on the right once posted.
images.ibsys.com...

edit on 7-5-2011 by Stormgodess because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Good Evening Everyone,

Glad to see the thread is still going and that those present are safe. It does seem however, that not a lot has been posted lately by the group that was here the first night-I pray you are safe wherever you are.

I was reading a few other threads on here and wanted to share in case it is of interest:

www.abovetopsecret.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">rainbow cloud

These were spotted in Indiana earlier today. While I was reading this, I also came across a post about beached Pilot Whales N of Key West.

www.cnn.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">Whales

A lot of interesting ideas with what is, may or could soon be happening-keep up the good work and let's stay informed.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   
www.gov.state.la.us...
May 06, 2011
Gov. Jindal Asks Army Corps to Release Map Outlining Impact of Possible Opening of Morganza Spillway, Says State Continues to Prepare for Flooding

Lots of details in above link i.e. more parishes effected, shelters, DHH, Red Cross, etc.

www.klfy.com...
Flood Fighting Efforts Update

www.katc.com...
Corps Releases Inundation Map if Morganza is Opened

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormgodess

TY for that link. I accidently posted a duplicate to it.
Looking for one like this that has zoom capability.

top topics

<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join