It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't Be Distracted : The Real Problem = Historic Mississippi Flood/Intentional Levee Breach

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Alert issued by NOAA; Sent: 15:28 CDT on 05-06-2011

alerts.weather.gov...

Alert: ...CONTINGENCY FORECASTS ISSUED FOR MISSISSIPPI AND ATCHAFALAYA RIVERS... SIGNIFICANT RAINFALL ACROSS THE MIDDLE MISSISSIPPI AND OHIO RIVER VALLEYS OVER THE PAST THREE WEEKS HAS LED TO HISTORIC...AND IN SOME CASES RECORD BREAKING...RISES ON BOTH RIVERS. AS THIS WATER MOVES DOWNRIVER...SIGNIFICANT RISES ARE EXPECTED ALONG THE MISSISSIPPI AND ATCHAFALAYA RIVERS THROUGH SOUTHEAST AND SOUTH CENTRAL LOUISIANA

Ascension, Assumption, East Baton Rouge, East Feliciana, Iberville ,Jefferson, Lafourche, Livingston, Orleans ,Plaquemines, Pointe Coupee, St. Bernard ,St. Charles, St. Helena, St. James ,St. John The Baptist, St. Tammany ,Tangipahoa, Terrebonne, Washington, West Baton Rouge ,West Feliciana

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
This was finally on our local news this morning. They said they blew a levee, and 50 square miles was flooded, farmland may be affected for a couple years. That is all they said... and then they moved on (with 2 OBL strories in the next 15 minutes)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by tinker9917 That is all they said... and then they moved on (with 2 OBL strories in the next 15 minutes)

It's ENRAGENING, this incessant mind control brainwashing, "Isn't our President the Galactic Hero of the entire Universe!!!???" On and on and on it goes every single day forever. I sit in mostly silence like I live in a monestary, because whenever (It doesn't matter when, day or night,) I turn on the radio or TV news channel, just for half a second, though, it's that propaganda, it doesn't rest.
The PTB MSM don't care. Their attitude is, "Drop dead. Drown. Starve. We are a brainwash Organ of the Soviet state." "And thats all."

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Great work everyone!!!

I've read over everything new so far (everything since my last post)

I'll do a over all recap of the information you all gave and contributed
after the thread grows still in the wee hours of the night...

Again you all have done an excellent job!

I have to go back to work

But I will be back later on!!!

Here is a slight recap of information

Since I am time pressed at the moment...

i'll give links to posts from the last few pages

Jomina's Advice Part 1

Jomina's Advice Part 2

List of News sites posted by CajunQueen

Invariance's Post

If I forget anything/anyone who contributed please do not be offended!

Also just in case I did forget... You can read over today's posts beginning here

Yesterday's Recap

Prayers and Positive Vibes all along the Mississippi region!!!

-EvolEric

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by simone50m

You know what's crazy? Even our local news, and we are being affected directly from the flooding, spent more time on OBL?

WTH?

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormgodess

I gave up trying to get news from MSM and am grateful for resources like this. Unfortunately this gives me a rather limited view of what "normal people" are aware of. I went to a sweat lodge earlier in the week and sent the energy of the sweat out to all of the people affected by the floods and seriously almost everyone there was unaware that there was even major flooding going on. How can that be? Very messed up.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Coast Guard closes stretch of Mississippi

news.yahoo.com...

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Customer today - National Guard ... says they are on alert for the floods. No other details - and I have not seen anything in the news.
Found a post on facebook where they are asking those in butte larose to self evacuate .. umm NOW

Link - if i did this right to the evacuation article
www.theadvertiser.com...|lateststories
ed it on 6-5-2011 by Nekbet because: ETA link for article

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Eric, I'm not in the flooded area but i've been following your thread since it started. You're doing a great job organizing all the links and recaps and keeping people up to date. Everyone contributing should be commended as well. My prayers go out to you all. If the MSM would have been as informative as this thread people would have already been evacuated. Thank you for the good work!

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I am concerned that information is not reaching the right people
in the area. I am not familiar with everyones local news media -
have any of you been trying that for updates? How does one
know whether or not to evacuate, how is the word getting out
on this? I doubt this is big enough news for CNN, FOX, ABC,
ETC. which is sad.

Our local river the St, Joseph is also in flood stage but
nothing like what I am seeing and hearing from the
more southern states. Be Safe everyone and keep
us updated as you can.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Will the destruction of this farm land possibly have effects on food prices, not that we need food prices to be raised any more than they already are.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by dwmjr1985

Will the destruction of this farm land possibly have effects on food prices, not that we need food prices to be raised any more than they already are.

Likely food availability, which is also reflected in the prices. Hard to say right now, but that's an awful lot of farmland that has been lost so far.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by coyotepoet

Was the Army Corps of engineers ordered to do this? If I was a super Conspiracy guy... it would make me wonder.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
i gotta fly to denver and wont be able to check this thread for the next two days. prayers that it doesnt get much worse, but i am a realist...

anyway, before i go, i wanted to inform followers of this thread who are not already privy to this information (not to be rude, this is ATS after all...), about peoples concern with ionosphere chargers and weather mods/earthquake creation. the truth is, nobody in the mainstream actually knows what a device such as HAARP can do. not even scientists... but, they have a clue.

if you are not familiar with HAARP and the like, please watch this video and understand our concerns:

HOLES IN HEAVEN?

and if youd like to know more, search for the works of dr. nick begich (trustworthy source of potential understanding). angels dont play this haarp. and angels still dont play this haarp.

Angels Don't Play This HAARP

Angels STILL Don't Play This HAARP

apologies if this post interrupts the flow of this thread but this info may clarify some of the "craziness" going on by people in the know...

to the people affected by the flood: KEEP HANGIN' TOUGH!!! God bless...

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I am really starting to question what is going on here now as it seems this event is being swept under the carpet.
I look at RSOE EDIS feed every day and the flooding has been taken off the map, all that is on the map is the tornados that occured on the 28th April.
Why is this major flooding not on here?
hisz.rsoe.hu/alertmap/index2.php?lang=#

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I think the news is starting to get out there - Got another link if it helps any !!

www.katc.com...

"Every crest that we're seeing predicted by the National Weather Service is going to exceed anything that we've seen on record." It doesn't matter whether you look from Missouri all the way down through here into Louisiana. So this is serious flood event that's coming our way."

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
www.katc.com...

News Articles

Posted 6:46 PM 5/6/2011 : State Prepares for Severe Flooding

The weather service is predicting the crest could last longer than normal, anywhere from seven to ten days.With this information the U.S. Corps of Engineers are making plans to get ready for any future flooding.Officials say those living in the Morganza Spillway area will see floods

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
In the next 24 hours Col. Ed Fleming says he'll request to open the Morganza Spillway.

The Bonnet Carre Spillway will open Monday to relieve levees along the Mississippi River.

I dont know if this is helpful information to anyone - I am trying to find where these spillways are located, so actually I could use the help.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

Believe it or not - the news and awareness seems to be coming from local authorities posting warnings to family members on Facebook (at least that is how it is being passed around on my end)

I am in Central Louisiana - with a good portion of family in southern Louisiana.
Bits and pieces are showing up on the "news".. with very small articles

top topics

<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join