It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't Be Distracted : The Real Problem = Historic Mississippi Flood/Intentional Levee Breach

page: 35
<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
To all those in the affected areas, what is the weather? On the maps it looks like you are still getting rain, is that accurate? Prayers and best wishes to all of you in this horrible nightmare.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by bradychick

No rain here... actually supposed to be sunny the next few days

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by bradychick

in the 80s all weekend, chance of rain tomorrow night

(Memphis)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I just found some youtube videos of a man that is showing what the spillway is like CURRENTLY - Im not big on youtube stuff ... but I found this from reading what the local people had to say in the comment section of one of the news articles I was reading and posted earlier.

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I was actually thinking !!!!
I have nothing planned for the weekend.. and could take a trip down south.
I could make my own video and show what is real and what is or is not downplayed?
I would need a idea of where I should go - and what yall would like to see.. I am willing

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Nekbet

Very cool.

Memphis, perhaps.....very big in the news

I would show you around to see the lakes that have formed in neighborhoods (LITERALLY) and downtown Memphis at the river (it looks like an ocean front instead of a river)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Nekbet

Be careful, you don't want to be driving down a road when it gets washed out.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

Tempting... very very tempting!!! (Honestly)
But I was thinking south or south east - Could plan another weekend ... Maybe I have finally found my calling (so to speak)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by dwmjr1985

I agree.. I would have to be cautious - but get close enough to get the real idea of what is happening. If the guy in that youtube video was telling the truth.. they are going to open them up early monday morning before sunrise.
I would need to know the best place/places to go - a good route to get a good view of the situation.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

Pardon me....Do you have any idea of what I posted because I sure do not

Hmmm maybe I said something like "the real problem is not the flooding but the on going nuclear meltdowns in japan???"

Is that off topic?

maybe I posted something in the wrong forum yet I will never know will I?

Really I do not remember so ATS mods please send me a reminder email of my post content so many I can learn what you "Nazis" want from me, thanks.

What? me not get along with the authorities, the CoC etc etc

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by EvolEric

completely off topic post, Mods please remove.

"start me up, ya start me up I never stop, never, never, never whoa!!!"

dig it?

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   

one liner reply post, Mods Please remove....

oh yeah...

You want to be a Dog the Bounty hunter hallway moniter then so be it!

Not talking to you dwmjr, simply using your one liner as an example

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
www.kalb.com...

"*LA Highway 15 is closed about 8 miles south of Vidalia, near St. Genevieve due to levee work. An approximate one-mile segment of LA 15 will be closed where LA 15 runs on the crown of the levee in this area. The detour route will consist of US 84 (Ferriday to Stacy), LA 129 (Stacy to Monterey), and LA 565 (Monterey to Deer Park). The closure began on Friday, May 6, and will remain in effect until the Mississippi River recedes to the point that the levee reinforcement work is no longer necessary."

Planning a route

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by OverMan

Hmmm... Somebody is in a mood ??

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Nekbet

On topic: Nekbet, what kind of camera will you be using to film these disaster stricken areas. Also Are those area's expected to get more rain increasing the flooding even more?

Off topic: We all have our run ins with the mods every now and then. Nothing to get that upset about.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   

I just have a simple kodak digital.. nothing too fancy - I have my silly android phone that is having an affair with my laptop ... so I could bring all three with me.
the phone allows me to initiate a hotspot.. so i could upload as I go, and update - have never done this before so it would be pretty raw

Have a simple bug-out-bag I could bring with me in case i take a wrong turn ... and I am good with maps, no gps, but supposedly that silly phone has that too (when its not trying to talk to my laptop)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Nekbet

Is there any chance that some cell phone towers where effected by these floods? I know that cell phone towers are typically in the highest area, but just something to think about. Also massive power outages?

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Based on the maps I have been looking at.. I should be passing by several towns with family members in them. Would make for an odd visit, but good places to stop if i need to re-route I would think

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by EvolEric

No worries but please let me know how that radioactive fertilizer that they use on most domestic tobacco is goin for ya, K?

Mods, please remove the my other off topic post thanks....

Sorry I even looked at this thread, not!!! and I believe I stayed on topic enough yet someone, someone here reported me to the authorities...

Somone went OFF TOPIC and I followed, my post was removed and theirs remains hmmmm along with a slew of mindless one liners and thats BS.

Consider that this isnt my first rodeo and that in another life I have 10,000+ posts and as is evident my posts are RARELY IF EVER mindless one liners or simple jokes with no scientific backing yet wouldnt ya know it... I get pulled.

My spidey senses are tingling with BIAS...

Flood rivers people drown, I worked in a flood zone several times and also hurricane recovery ==== this means I am on topic... (curse words)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Nekbet

its always good to stop and check up on families in times of crises much like these floods.

new topics

top topics

<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join