It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake Clouds over Northwest Indiana

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Hey guys remember the China earthquake of 2008? Those same exact rainbow clouds are taking up nearly 25% of the sky above Crown Point Indiana. The clouds are full rainbow, and very very large. I am trying to get the images out of my phone, but an android doesn't do a good job of taking pictures of the sky. But, here is a link to the youtube video over China-and this is how it looks here, right now.

Could this be a precursor to a big on over the New Madrid Fault?

Here is the China video: www.youtube.com...
We just had a 5.0 in Indiana that was felt as far away as West Virginia, and my son came home the other day telling me how they had an earthquake drill. In Indiana?

Plus the ground is splitting open just above us in Michigan: www.abovetopsecret.com...

So a little scared right now, anybody else see it?

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I should see them soon, I'm in Southwest Michigan. Earthquake clouds or not, I just got off work and I wanted to hope on my bike and now its cloudy and windy as hell.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by samlf3rd

What model Android do you have?

I have the Evo 4G and there are options on the stock camera that allow you to change the photo settings. i.e: daylight mode, low light mode, night shot...etc. If those don't work maybe you could put a pair of sunglasses in front of the camera lens?

...would really like to see some pics if possible!

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
MZoo the clouds are going south, so I don't think they are heading your way. It really isn't a cloud it's a gigantic bunch of circular rainbows!

Anybody, we are just outside of Chicago?

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by CastleMadeOfSand

I am trying to email myself the video right now hold on, hopefully it looks good... c'mon c'mon c'mon.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Dude I saw clouds like that in North Texas yesterday! I was like WTF is that?

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I can see it!
I will upload the video in a few, I need help though. How do I upload a video?

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Do you think the New Madrid will go off ? I mean seriously they were talking about it on GLP and I'm freaked out! I'm in Northern IL

link   
If they are wispy clouds, they are probably just high clouds that are refracting light into a rainbow.

link   
Another ATSer on the ball! This is why I joined; ATS sees everything and has a thread on it it minutes (Sometimes 50 threads, haha). Thanks for the heads up guy!

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Eagerly awaiting photos!! ..hoping and praying the New Madrid does not blow!

link   
OK, I was walking back from the gym here on Long Island, NY, and saw some here, too. This was at about 1:20 p.m. Thought it was odd, also, but figured it was just the atmospheric layers since it was starting to cloud up and windy. Of course, I did not have my camera or anything to take a picture of them with.

Shrug.

link   
reply to post by Heartisblack

Perhaps, it seems to be a little more active, and many ATSers have posted some very neat articles regarding.

Still downloading the video from my phone... Should have the video soon.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by satron

Yes that's what was going on here, I think. I just found it funny that there was an earthquake clouds thread when I got back to my desk ... hmm.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by samlf3rd
I can see it!
I will upload the video in a few, I need help though. How do I upload a video?

I don't think you can upload videos directly to ATS. Only to YouTube/Google Vid to ATS.

Try getting some snapshots or take some more photos.

You can upload photos by going to Tools-Pictures-Upload Media-Copy the bottom code and paste into reply box.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by satron

These weren't light refracting off some clouds, it was the biggest rainbow I have ever seen in my life. It looked exactly like the China earthquake video. People were taking pictures everywhere, my friends were calling me, family, everyone can see it out here, and it doesn't look normal. Everything seems strange too, quiet.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
When was the 5.0? USGS is not reporting any earthquakes

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Googles realtime search of rainbow clouds shows a bunch of people reporting this, some with photos.
Here's a few of the pics...
Cloud pic 1
Cloud pic 2
Cloud pic 3 Brooklyn ny
Cloud pic 4 over the Hudson
edit on 6-5-2011 by WildWorld because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by samlf3rd

If it is a precurser (which I sincerely hope it's not...) I pray it won't be mega and that people are gonna be ok...

Such a nightmare situation you all are going through - please know that just because some of us are far away from the drama unfolding doesn't mean we don't empathize or feel your fear.

Prayers and positive energy being sent your way.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I have always found this theory interesting, and while I have seen some compelling images right before major quakes, for every positive sighting there are thousands and thousands of flase ones. Meaning, they are seen, but are not followed by a quake.

Always wanting to keep an open mind though, I have been documenting sun dog and sun halo sightings in my area....just in case. Here are a couple of images I have taken in the past year. Mind you, nothing ever came of it. Just the light refraction off the water/ice crystals in the clouds/atmosphere:

So here are some typical ones for comparison that I took:

Sun dog (scroll to right)

Sun pillar

Sun halo

So while I am not convinced these are linked to quakes.....by all means, document away. We will never know for sure if we don't pay attention! AND....if this is as large and widespread as you guys seem to indicate it is, perhaps this really is some unusuall phenomena. Looking forward to your pics!!!!
edit on 6-5-2011 by westcoast because: (no reason given)

<<   2  3  4 >>

join