It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Osama Bin Laden Killed in U.S. Raid

page: 181
<< 178  179  180    182  183  184 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I'm on my iphone so excuse the lack of link...but on a CNN article entitled "Bin Laden's daughter says she watched killing" it mentions that Taliban spokesman Zabiullah Mojahed has stated Obama does not have strong evidence to prove the U.S. Killed Bin Laden. He also says that closest sources to Bin Laden have not confirmed death.

So...if the Taliban is doubting that Bin Laden was killed, isn't this reason enough to publish concrete proof via photo/video??

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by maybereal11

As far as there being no (successful) attacks since 9-11...in case you haven't noticed we gave Al-Qaeda a whole lot of attention and scrutiny since then. 9-11 was relatively easy to prepare for...funds abounding without people all over the world tracking them...most not paying any attention to Al-Qaeda or their training in Afghanistan. I mean...if that is you question, entire books have been written on the difference between pre and post 9-11 and our intelligence agencies and strategy.

Thats most ridiculous statement i have ever heard coming from a government supporter, and someone who has been defending this story since it happened.

..in case you haven't noticed we gave Al-Qaeda a whole lot of attention and scrutiny since then. 9-11 was relatively easy to prepare for.

Saddam had no ties with Al-Qaeda, no WMDs
and there were no Al-Qaeda bases in iraq.

www.bbc.co.uk...

If 9/11 was really about bin laden the supposed organization Al qaede, the american sure found alots of deposits of rich minerals in Afghanistan.

All wars are about Resources.

..in case you haven't noticed we gave Al-Qaeda a whole lot of attention and scrutiny since then. 9-11 was relatively easy to prepare for.

ah yes more of our freedom, liberates been taken away right, more useless TSA searches, the more you speak and the way you sound you sound like your working with the government.

for...funds abounding without people all over the world tracking them...most not paying any attention to Al-Qaeda or their training in Afghanistan

Al-Qaeda does not exist, ever since the mainstream started using that reference, it was all a huge reference for other terrorist groups.
edit on 4-5-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Thanks for the link, but Amanpour's info regarding the region is still 1 year before the 2009 date. This deserves to be noted.
Either way...I'm glad Osama is dead. I just wish it didn't take ten years to do it. The thought of Osama living in relative comfort for years while our leaders debated about the value of waterboarding and Gitmo makes me sick.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonseeker

I thought he was in the Hilton hotel in London all these years

As for the special ops, they would always have several back up teams nearby, so it would not surprise me if they had a 3rd or 4th chopper arrive very quickly....just my 2 cents

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by IamMe14
I'm on my iphone so excuse the lack of link...but on a CNN article entitled "Bin Laden's daughter says she watched killing" it mentions that Taliban spokesman Zabiullah Mojahed has stated Obama does not have strong evidence to prove the U.S. Killed Bin Laden. He also says that closest sources to Bin Laden have not confirmed death.

So...if the Taliban is doubting that Bin Laden was killed, isn't this reason enough to publish concrete proof via photo/video??

they be trolling obama

they cant wait to get those gory pics to bolster support and drive recruitment

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by 000063
Collateral damage vs malicious intent. Imagine a cop shooting at an armed suspect which is a threat to the public, and he misses and breaks a window. Now imagine some people doing a drive-by to break that same window. Which is worse?

Oh wow, serious? A window? We're talking about human lives, not glass. A more appropriate comparison, would be to imagine a drive by shooting where a bad guy shoots into a crowd indiscriminately to kill innocent people. Now imagine a cop shooting into a crowd to hit a bad guy, knowing he will probably kill a few innocent people, but accepts that as "collateral damage" necessary to hit his intended target. Which is worse? Like I said before, one is only slightly more evil than the other. Get out of here with that window BS.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by 000063
Which is worse?

Which is worse?

The number of people killed and injured by bombs.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Looks like we might have to wait for Wikileaks to provide any real transparency.

Good Afternoon Mr Assange, your assignment, should you choose to accept it is to get the real death photos of Osama Bin Laden and release them to the public. As always, should you or any of your Force be caught or killed, the Secretary will disavow any knowledge of your actions....This message will self destruct in 5 seconds. Good luck, Julien.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Breaking news:

Obama will NOT release OBL death photos...They will remain classified.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   

"As well as the money and telephone numbers, the US Navy SEALs conducting the raid recovered what the Obama administration has described as "a trove" of computers and thumb drives that are now being analysed."

Source
With that said, why would there be "a trove of computers and thumb drives" at his compound if there were no internet or outside network to connect to. Not saying that internet was needed for their use, but what would they need that many computers for with no outside connection.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by IamMe14

NO. I am here on a conspiracy site - - obviously I don't believe everything our government says or does.

But I am going to believe our official report over a Taliban spokesman or family member.

I personally agree pictures should not be released. This is not a soap opera.

To me - - its unfortunate this kind of thing has to happen. He's dead - its done. Let it go.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
One thing I've seen discussed very little here, is how our dear government is held hostage so blatantly by Pakistan. We've been seeing the discussions on the MSM, about how Pakistan had to know Bin Laden was (allegedly) hiding out in that compound, but we still have to give them bribes to remain our friend, because they have nuclear weapons. WTF? No wonder every Tom, Dick, and Harry is trying to get nukes. That's all you need to keep the U.S. off your back, and you can even blackmail us, under the threat that bad people will get ahold of your nukes. Our government will give you cash, hand over fist...even if you (allegedly) harbor our # 1 enemy.
edit on 4-5-2011 by 27jd because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie
Breaking news:

Obama will NOT release OBL death photos...They will remain classified.

Yeah, because there probably aren't any. Didn't see that coming.

More and more people are questioning this, not just on ATS. Over 50% of Americans want to see the photos, from soldiers, to 9/11 victims family. But, there probably aren't any photos, and SEALs probably did NOT kill Bin Laden. What a crock of BS.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

As far as there being no (successful) attacks since 9-11...in case you haven't noticed we gave Al-Qaeda a whole lot of attention and scrutiny since then. 9-11 was relatively easy to prepare for...funds abounding without people all over the world tracking them...most not paying any attention to Al-Qaeda or their training in Afghanistan. I mean...if that is you question, entire books have been written on the difference between pre and post 9-11 and our intelligence agencies and strategy.

Thats most ridiculous statement i have ever heard coming from a government supporter, and someone who has been defending this story since it happened.

"Government Supporter"????...that's your defense? Pretty weak garbage, but I would not expect anything else than that from someone like yourself when logic fails.

argumentum ad hominem ...and pretty sure it is against T&C.

BTW -

Saddam had no ties with Al-Qaeda, no WMDs
and there were no Al-Qaeda bases in iraq.

www.bbc.co.uk...

I didn't claim otherwise...are you going to make sense soon?

ah yes more of our freedom, liberates been taken away right, more useless TSA searches, the more you speak and the way you sound you sound like your working with the government.

Wow...that is what you have?

argumentum ad hominem again...the facts just not working in your favor today?

Al-Qaeda does not exist, ever since the mainstream started using that reference, it was all a huge reference for other terrorist groups.
edit on 4-5-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

Oh...I didn't realize they were just made up...did you tell that to the folks that died in the 1996 Khobar Towers bombing? Or the 1993 World Trade Center bombing? or the USS Cole 96?..or embassy bombings 98?...seriously are you that disconnected from reality?

Don't worry about facts...just resort to calling me a gov. schill again for calling you out on BS.
edit on 4-5-2011 by maybereal11 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by IamMe14

i don't see any reason for the government to lie about the killing of osama ..we live in a troubled world where everyone screams conspiracy ..i have no doubt that the pictures will emerge at some point.. (if you like that sort of thing) again you will probably get the government haters screaming "fake" i believe Pakistan did have involvement in what happened , but have asked the USA to play down their role due to the sensitive nature of the osama support in their country. personally he should of been captured alive and made to stand trial, i don't think he hid behind his wife as reported, and i don't believe he was armed or was given a choice to surrender..video evidence from the troops head cams would no doubt shed some light on what really went down,but id have more respect for obama if he just told it as it was..at the end of the day Nazi war criminals were captured alive and they killed millions of people..governments acting blood thirsty will bring more terror to our streets..where will it end ?..

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by nrg001

"As well as the money and telephone numbers, the US Navy SEALs conducting the raid recovered what the Obama administration has described as "a trove" of computers and thumb drives that are now being analysed."

Source
With that said, why would there be "a trove of computers and thumb drives" at his compound if there were no internet or outside network to connect to. Not saying that internet was needed for their use, but what would they need that many computers for with no outside connection.

The exact fact that they did not have an internet connection is the reason they would need more data storage than most folks.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   

With that said, why would there be "a trove of computers and thumb drives" at his compound if there were no internet or outside network to connect to.

What, did you expect couriers to carry information into and out of the compound using 3-ring trapper keeper binders filled with college rule note book paper? As opposed to an easy to conceal, light weight storage device.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

I can understand the storage, but for what? Honestly, how many terabytes of storage do you believe they had and what kind of "information" is going to be "recovered" from the storage? Think about how much data can be put into a single terrabyte, unless they have a need to store a lot of uncompressed video or audio I do not see the need for that much storage.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

Right, but say he used five couriers, for argument's sake, would you expect them to go buy/acquire a new flash drive or external hard drive every time they had to run information? That would draw attention, would it not? If they each were doing one information run a day that would be close to two thousand storage devices in just one year.
edit on 4-5-2011 by nrg001 because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-5-2011 by nrg001 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   

I can understand the storage, but for what? Honestly, how many terabytes of storage do you believe they had and what kind of "information" is going to be "recovered" from the storage?

First multiple drives would reduce the risk of exposure...everything on one drive handed to some currior would be stupid. Compartmentalize.

Second ..updated research and planning would require being able to research people and places...maps, material and maybe even a shadow copy of recent relevant portions of the internet? lots of reference material.

Just guessing tho.

top topics

<< 178  179  180    182  183  184 >>

join