It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Osama Bin Laden Killed in U.S. Raid

page: 180
<< 177  178  179    181  182  183 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by maybereal11

Of course everyone can understand that there was confusion. And that initial details would change, but this is verging on just plain nuts. There's been discrepancy about just about every single detail. I'm sure a lot of it too is that some just want to feel really important and are speaking without thinking.

In fact, oddly enough, the more it happens, the more I'm becoming convinced that it just might be "real." Because if this was scripted or planned, they really suck at getting their story straight. And I almost can't believe I just said that either.

But overall, I really, really, really wish they'd say I don't know. Smart people and people without agendas always do.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sparky63

It's interesting that she was right when the rest of the, so called, intelligence community believed that he was holed up in a cave like some wild animal.
Like I said, I hope this is followed up on. Whether you like her or not, the point is that she was right when almost everyone else was wrong.

Nope....

Though bin Laden was pursued throughout the George W. Bush administration, President Obama renewed the effort on June 2, 2009, when he signed a memo to CIA Director Leon Panetta ordering a “detailed operation plan” for finding and capturing bin Laden.

More than a year later, what Obama described as a “possible lead” came in.

Senior administration officials said they had been tracking an Al Qaeda courier in bin Laden’s inner circle. Two years ago, the U.S. determined the areas in Pakistan where he operated. By August, they had determined the exact location in Abbottabad, Pakistan -- where bin Laden was apparently hiding out in a sprawling compound on the outskirts of town.

www.newkerala.com...

In 2007, U.S. officials learned the courier's real name. In 2009, they located his region of operation and began tracking him.

abcnews.go.com...

They have been searching/tracking in Pakistan for years.

Just because they didn't come out and say "He is in Pakistan" doesn't mean they did not know or expect the same....not sure why you think they would be sharing info with the public? If the CIA said they knew he was in X region of Pakistan...wouldn't OBL have fled?

Sorry, your argument doesn't make sense to me.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by maybereal11
And you are obviously an Al-Qaeda operative looking to lessen the impact of your leader being assasinated and to spread misinformation aimed at discrediting the USA.

Well, considering that my post history is readily available, on a HUGE variety of different topics since 2004, you will find me condemning Bin Laden, and any organized religion on hundreds of occasions. I am critical of ours, and just about every other government that serves the elite over the people. I didn't just pop up in Bin Laden threads, responding meticulously to EVERY poster that supports the official story, so it would be ridiculous to draw that conclusion about me. And, I've seen you around the boards for awhile, just because you are defending the official story, doesn't mean I think you're part of OEV. But, some posters here, do give me that feeling.
edit on 4-5-2011 by 27jd because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd
There's only a slight difference in my "little black book", between intentionally bombing innocents to achieve a political goal, and dropping a bomb knowing you're going to kill innocents, but convincing yourself it's a necessary evil in order to hit your intended target to achieve a political goal. One is slightly more evil than the other, but not much.

Just letting you know we are in full agreement.

I have never understood why where your feet first touch the ground when you are born - makes you a better more valuable person.

What makes one ideology better then another - or belief - or culture? Victory in war? Is that the measure of what is right?

Of course - I have only reached this point because of age and maturity. I was young and idealistic myself once (not addressed to any one person).

Today - I consider myself "Citizen of Earth".

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   

I'm not sure what argument you think I'm making....The fact is that in 2008 Amanpour said she had a source that reported that Osama was living comfortably in Pakistan. You can see her comment on the link I provided. I'm not sure what your problem with these facts are....maybe you can elaborate.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Nice post Annee.

I have never understood why where your feet first touch the ground when you are born - makes you a better more valuable person.

Got a star from me.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   

I assume the video feed was via arial drone or chopper cam. The Seals were operating in the dark as well.

It was reported one of the soldiers had a camera fitted to his helmit.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity

In fact, oddly enough, the more it happens, the more I'm becoming convinced that it just might be "real." Because if this was scripted or planned, they really suck at getting their story straight. And I almost can't believe I just said that either.

But overall, I really, really, really wish they'd say I don't know. Smart people and people without agendas always do.

Agree on both counts...I imagine the Seal team was sitting somewhere enjoying the rare beer and leave time...watching the news and laughing at those on TV answering questions they knew nothing about.

These guys are the best of the best of the best...very few make into the special forces...even fewer into the Seals...and Seal Team 6? They don't officially exist. These guys train every single day...for years...to kill people under the most difficult of circumstances. BTW - they also have trained with the FBI in collecting evidence.
They had a mock-up of the compound built somewhere in the states where they have been training for a several weeks, possibly a couple months. They are insanely good...they are also killers. Frankly I am impressed that they only shot OBLs wife in the leg.....maybe having found children on premise softened them up...and I will tell you what else...if OBL had not been there...we would have heard absolutely nothing about this operation except maybe...maybe..."A US Helicopter crashed in Pakistan while transporting a US diplomat...no one was injured"

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   

I'm not sure what argument you think I'm making....The fact is that in 2008 Amanpour said she had a source that reported that Osama was living comfortably in Pakistan. You can see her comment on the link I provided. I'm not sure what your problem with these facts are....maybe you can elaborate.

Your post...

It's interesting that she was right when the rest of the, so called, intelligence community believed that he was holed up in a cave like some wild animal.
Like I said, I hope this is followed up on. Whether you like her or not, the point is that she was right when almost everyone else was wrong.

I demonstrated that the US intelligence community has been focused on Pakastan looking for OBL for years.

I can provide further timeline links if you like?

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJKris

I assume the video feed was via arial drone or chopper cam. The Seals were operating in the dark as well.

Given it seems everyone is answering questions but only a small number have been officiaily briefed...I'd like to see the source and/or link....rather than 'it was reported" During 9-11 it was reported that a car bomb went off in front of the State Department...no small thing to get wrong, but I watched on the news.
edit on 4-5-2011 by maybereal11 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Maybe you missed the point about the timeline. Your post stated that in 2009 Obama increased efforts to find Osama and it wasn't until 2010 that a possible lead came in.

Though bin Laden was pursued throughout the George W. Bush administration, President Obama renewed the effort on June 2, 2009, when he signed a memo to CIA Director Leon Panetta ordering a “detailed operation plan” for finding and capturing bin Laden.
More than a year later, what Obama described as a “possible lead” came in.

Amanpours source seems to have provided similar info a year earlier...in 2008. It could be that the same source provided both her and the CIA with the same info. But judging from the recent reports from the last two days Panetta seems to indicate that the info he received came from the interrogation of prisoners. Amanpour's comment does not seem linked to any info received from a prisoner.

Either way you cut it, her info was correct and came earlier. That is what is interesting to me. Her source was correct. Now whether it was idle speculation or based on accurate intel is something that I think deserves to be considered.

edit on 5/4/2011 by Sparky63 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
For me, there could be several reason for the change of the story over the last few days.

1) Has anyone ever played that game where someone whispers something to you and then you whisper what you thought they said...and so on around the room. By the time it goes full circle, the message is never anything like the original.

2) There were what, 24 members of the Navy Seal team? Each had to be debriefed. How long does that take? Each one saw the events slightly different, as they saw it through their eyes from their perspective. Sometimes being in different rooms all together.

3) How official are some of these "officials" that are releasing information? Were they even privy to the classified information, or are they practicing #1 above by repeating hearsay? Possibly confusing details, possibly misheard the details, possibly completely made them up to seem important.

4) Intentional disinformation to create confusion. Confusion is intended to be directed at Al Qaeda, but confusion on the part of the general public is an unavoidable consequence. Why would they do this? Perhaps to "buy time" while they scour the confiscated hard drives, thumb drives, etc. for any information on imminent attacks.

5) How many of the Seals were wired with cameras? Lets assume they all were. Which one of the 24 cameras does the war room watch at any moment? Most likely just one...at least full attention can only be given to one at a time by any one individual. So, in a snap judgement, making announcements directly after the fact, leaves lots of room for not having the entire story accurate. Only after reviewing all the material can one accurately provide all details.

I'm certain that once the dust settles that we will have a clear, concise and accurate account of events; however, to expect it so early on is simply asking too much. In my opinion they should have waited until they could give us the accurate account before they even made the announcement. However, the news would have leaked from outside sources, thus leaving us questioning why our government kept us in the dark on the news....leading to a completely different conspiracy.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Either way you cut it, her info was correct and came earlier. That is what is interesting to me. Her source was correct. Now whether it was idle speculation or based on accurate intel is something that I think deserves to be considered.

yes, why didnt george bush take action?
was he sleeping on the job as usual?

edit on 4/5/11 by FuGGer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Maybe you missed the point about the timeline. Your post stated that in 2009 Obama increased efforts to find Osama and it wasn't until 2010 that a possible lead came in.

You forgot to include my other link..

In 2007, U.S. officials learned the courier's real name. In 2009, they located his region of operation and began tracking him.

abcnews.go.com...

Geez...everyone knew he was in Pakistan...just because the CIA didn't come out and say it doesn't mean they didn't think otherwise.

The have tracked him for 4 years as he ran around Pakistan.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Given it seems everyone is answering questions but only a small number have been officiaily briefed...I'd like to see the source and/or link....rather than 'it was reported" During 9-11 it was reported that a car bomb went off in front of the State Department...no small thing to get wrong, but I watched on the news.

www.telegraph.... co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/pakistan/8489352/Osama-bin-Laden-killing-Barack-Obama-watched-raid-live.html

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd
There's only a slight difference in my "little black book", between intentionally bombing innocents to achieve a political goal, and dropping a bomb knowing you're going to kill innocents, but convincing yourself it's a necessary evil in order to hit your intended target to achieve a political goal. One is slightly more evil than the other, but not much.
Collateral damage vs malicious intent. Imagine a cop shooting at an armed suspect which is a threat to the public, and he misses and breaks a window. Now imagine some people doing a drive-by to break that same window. Which is worse?

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity

Agree on both counts...I imagine the Seal team was sitting somewhere enjoying the rare beer and leave time...watching the news and laughing at those on TV answering questions they knew nothing about.

These guys are the best of the best of the best...very few make into the special forces...even fewer into the Seals...and Seal Team 6? They don't officially exist. These guys train every single day...for years...to kill people under the most difficult of circumstances. BTW - they also have trained with the FBI in collecting evidence.
They had a mock-up of the compound built somewhere in the states where they have been training for a several weeks, possibly a couple months. They are insanely good...they are also killers. Frankly I am impressed that they only shot OBLs wife in the leg.....maybe having found children on premise softened them up...and I will tell you what else...if OBL had not been there...we would have heard absolutely nothing about this operation except maybe...maybe..."A US Helicopter crashed in Pakistan while transporting a US diplomat...no one was injured"

So wheres the proof the white house isn't planning on releasing any pictures or videos and the that fact is we never had any terrorist attacks since in north america.

I Cant believe people are still believing that it was really bin laden.

edit on 4-5-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Please don't BS with me...You claimed it was Helmet Cam...I asked for a reliable source...You posted a broken link with no qoute...which I tracked down...

www.telegraph.... co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/pakistan/8489352/Osama-bin-Laden-killing-Barack-Obama-watched-raid-live.html

this from your broken link
They may have been watching a feed from a camera mounted on the helmet of one of the US SEALS who carried out the operation.

The footage of the battle in Bin Laden's Pakistani hideout was relayed to the White House by satellite. But details on how the group were able to see the live action unfolding 7,000 miles away have not been released.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

So wheres the proof the white house isn't planning on releasing any pictures or videos and the that fact is we never had any terrorist attacks since in north america.

No offense...not sure what you are asking? Proof that the Whitehouse is not going to release pictures??

I think the WH is debating releasing the photos, but I also believe that pics are low down on the list of convincing evidence.

As far as there being no (successful) attacks since 9-11...in case you haven't noticed we gave Al-Qaeda a whole lot of attention and scrutiny since then. 9-11 was relatively easy to prepare for...funds abounding without people all over the world tracking them...most not paying any attention to Al-Qaeda or their training in Afghanistan. I mean...if that is your question, entire books have been written on the difference between pre and post 9-11 and our intelligence agencies and strategy.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
So wheres the proof the white house isn't planning on releasing any pictures or videos
Source, please. No, not that one guy, an official statement.

and the that fact is we never had any terrorist attacks since in north america.

en.wikipedia.org...-Present

I can't believe it's not butter!

new topics

top topics

<< 177  178  179    181  182  183 >>

join