It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Osama Bin Laden Killed in U.S. Raid

page: 182
<< 179  180  181    183  184  185 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie
Breaking news:

Obama will NOT release OBL death photos...They will remain classified.

GOOD!

People are idiots and would do all kinds of things to those photos.

A man is dead. Its done. We do not need to cause more hurt and anger.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
reply to post by maybereal11

As far as there being no (successful) attacks since 9-11...in case you haven't noticed we gave Al-Qaeda a whole lot of attention and scrutiny since then. 9-11 was relatively easy to prepare for...funds abounding without people all over the world tracking them...most not paying any attention to Al-Qaeda or their training in Afghanistan. I mean...if that is you question, entire books have been written on the difference between pre and post 9-11 and our intelligence agencies and strategy.

Thats most ridiculous statement i have ever heard coming from a government supporter, and someone who has been defending this story since it happened.
"Al Qaeda attacked the US, so the US got better at defending itself from them?"

Saddam had no ties with Al-Qaeda, no WMDs
and there were no Al-Qaeda bases in iraq.

www.bbc.co.uk...

If 9/11 was really about bin laden the supposed organization Al qaede, the american sure found alots of deposits of rich minerals in Afghanistan.
Irrelevant, unless you have evidence they specifically went in there for said minerals.

ah yes more of our freedom, liberates been taken away right, more useless TSA searches, the more you speak and the way you sound you sound like your working with the government.
Ad hominem, subjective opinion touted as fact.

Al-Qaeda does not exist, ever since the mainstream started using that reference, it was all a huge reference for other terrorist groups.
edit on 4-5-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)
www.911myths.com...

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by playswithmachines
reply to post by dragonseeker

I thought he was in the Hilton hotel in London all these years

As for the special ops, they would always have several back up teams nearby, so it would not surprise me if they had a 3rd or 4th chopper arrive very quickly....just my 2 cents
They had four, and went in in two. After the crash, they called in one of the backups.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd

Originally posted by 000063
Collateral damage vs malicious intent. Imagine a cop shooting at an armed suspect which is a threat to the public, and he misses and breaks a window. Now imagine some people doing a drive-by to break that same window. Which is worse?

Oh wow, serious? A window? We're talking about human lives, not glass. A more appropriate comparison, would be to imagine a drive by shooting where a bad guy shoots into a crowd indiscriminately to kill innocent people. Now imagine a cop shooting into a crowd to hit a bad guy, knowing he will probably kill a few innocent people, but accepts that as "collateral damage" necessary to hit his intended target. Which is worse? Like I said before, one is only slightly more evil than the other. Get out of here with that window BS.
Taking analogies as literal, right on cue. If a cop shoots into a crowd trying to hit one man, they'd take away his badge and gun in an instant.

The US military, for the most part, tries to limit harm to non-combatants. It's a shame that some will die, but they do not actively try to kill them like the terrorists do. Heck, the terrorists would be closer to the cowboy cop in your analogy, willing to harm civvies on purpose just to get a shot at the soldiers. Or some bureaucrat, which is why companies working on the reconstruction need PMCs as bodyguards. I'd really like to see the video of US forces executing some random reporter just because he's Iraqi, if you're going to assert that there's no real difference between soldiers and terrorists.
edit on 2011/5/4 by 000063 because: +

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by maybereal11

Originally posted by nrg001
reply to post by maybereal11

I can understand the storage, but for what? Honestly, how many terabytes of storage do you believe they had and what kind of "information" is going to be "recovered" from the storage?

First multiple drives would reduce the risk of exposure...everything on one drive handed to some currior would be stupid. Compartmentalize.

Second ..updated research and planning would require being able to research people and places...maps, material and maybe even a shadow copy of recent relevant portions of the internet? lots of reference material.

Just guessing tho.

The need for storage computers would arise from putting the information onto that and wiping the data clear from the portable drives. And I can see the need for backups of data on separate storage computers, but with that comes the question how many backups is needed and why would they all be in the same compound. Having one or even two backups on-site and a few off-site seems reasonable.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Breaking news:

Yeah, because there probably aren't any. Didn't see that coming.

More and more people are questioning this, not just on ATS. Over 50% of Americans want to see the photos, from soldiers, to 9/11 victims family. But, there probably aren't any photos, and SEALs probably did NOT kill Bin Laden. What a crock of BS.

I don't care. It is the right decision not to release any photos. I hope they are never released.

Those who are going to believe this happened just as our government said -- are going to believe it no matter what.

And those who don't believe it are not going to believe it because of a photo.

Threads have already started about the photos being Photoshopped.

I agree with Obama - - - not to make a spectacle of this - - - and cause more hurt and anger.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Breaking news:

GOOD!

That is exactly what is going to happen now. YouTube will be full of OBL crap for years now.

And what is being dispalyed on YouTube ends up on ATS.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Agreed. I don't believe that pictures would have silenced folks that don't believe the rest of the evidence and the US Gov. is not a tabloid, nor does it display bodies on bridges and lamp posts or drag them through the streets.

Not interested.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by spy66
That is exactly what is going to happen now. YouTube will be full of OBL crap for years now.

And what is being dispalyed on YouTube ends up on ATS.

Of course it will.

Imagine if these idiots had real photos.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Which is worse?

Which is worse?

The number of people killed and injured by bombs.
Ah, yes, avoiding the question entirely.

You continue to ignore the post may made where she(?) cited proof that most of the civvie deaths in Iraq weren't at the hands of Coalition forces.

And that's enough of this digression.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Theres still going to be a bunch of # about him all over the internet and you know what that's just fine. We have freedom of speech and freedom to express so I don't care if people put up what they want on Youtube.

Fact is we need proof or it didn't happen. The government lies and covers up things all the time, for whatever reasons. The right decision would have been to release these videos and photos to the citizens.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

If a cop shoots into a crowd trying to hit one man, they'd take away his badge and gun in an instant.

Ding! Ding! Ding! Because, as I've said, Americans like you (and you are an American, I'm not stupid), believe only Americans are people.

The US military, for the most part, tries to limit harm to non-combatants. It's a shame that some will die, but they do not actively try to kill them like the terrorists do.

Who's to say the cop wasn't trying to "limit" harm to non-combatants as well? They'd still take away his badge.

I'd really like to see the video of US forces executing just because he's Iraqi, if you're going to assert that there's no real difference between soldiers and terrorists.

There's a slight difference, as I've said. Both kill large numbers of innocent people, in order to achieve a political goal. Terrorists target innocents, yes. Soldiers target the bad guys, but accept that innocents will also die as just part of war. Both are wrong, IMO. War, is something that should be a thing of the past. We are all humans, and the people need to stand up against the elitist scumbags who deceive us all into killing each other, while they sit atop their thrones and get richer.
edit on 4-5-2011 by 27jd because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
By the way - - I am against releasing graphic death pictures of anyone.

I was also against releasing photos of Princess Diana.

I was horrified by the pictures of Saddam's sons.

I get no satisfaction from any death picture. I find it incredibly morbid.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Breaking news:

GOOD!

It would be anyway. They could argue that the photos and whole raid was staged, and that Osama was on ice for years, or the CIA had him locked up and executed him. There's always another conspiracy theory one can come up with, as long as you ignore things like proof and evidence and logic, and never admit your previous theories were wrong. It's called "moving the goalposts".

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by shamaniski
reply to post by Annee

Theres still going to be a bunch of # about him all over the internet and you know what that's just fine. We have freedom of speech and freedom to express so I don't care if people put up what they want on Youtube.

Fact is we need proof or it didn't happen. The government lies and covers up things all the time, for whatever reasons. The right decision would have been to release these videos and photos to the citizens.
Subjective opinion, not fact.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by shamaniski

Really? Like the Birth Certificate?

People are going to believe it or they are not. There are those who will never believe anything this administration does or says. A picture is not going to change anyone's mind.

Obama made the right decision.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

That's fine Annee, don't look at them. Some of us do want to see the photos, not because we get off on it, but because we want to verify that we're not being lied to, again. You know I'm not wanting to celebrate this, please stop trying to force your beliefs and wishes on all of us. Just don't look, simple as that. Either way, they're not gonna be released, because our government is lying to us, again.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

That's fine Annee, don't look at them. Some of us do want to see the photos, not because we get off on it, but because we want to verify that we're not being lied to, again.

Lied to AGAIN?

You say a photo will make you believe it. I don't believe you.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Breaking news:

GOOD!

It would be anyway. They could argue that the photos and whole raid was staged, and that Osama was on ice for years, or the CIA had him locked up and executed him. There's always another conspiracy theory one can come up with, as long as you ignore things like proof and evidence and logic, and never admit your previous theories were wrong. It's called "moving the goalposts".

Exactly.

There are no evidence that OBL actually got killed in this raid.

We know there was a raid. But that is it.

Can we trust a government that changes its official statement time after time? NO.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Lied to AGAIN?

You say a photo will make you believe it. I don't believe you.

Are you saying our government doesn't lie to us?

And I don't care if you don't believe me. Over 50% of Americans want to see the photos.

top topics

<< 179  180  181    183  184  185 >>

join