It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Osama Bin Laden Killed in U.S. Raid

page: 152
<< 149  150  151    153  154  155 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
reply to post by AmatuerSkyWatcher

No I really don't. I'm pretty up to speed on my basic understanding of genetics.

Y-DNA mutates slow enough that with Osama's father, grandfather, brothers, uncles, etc all having multiple wives there are probably several hundreds of descendant's of this Y-DNA male line just in the last 2 generations. And all of them will have the same Y-DNA.

Using only Y-DNA to identify a pack of super-breeding male dominant polygamists and expecting to end up IDing just ONE of them from it is stupid.

You have a valid point. So, in essence what you are saying is, that any male from Bin Ladens paternal blood family could theoretically have been the dead guy in the compound?

I misunderstood your post. I thought you were implying the Y chromosone could only be the same for a true blood brother, but what you were actually saying is, that it would need to be a true blood brother to get a near perfect match on the DNA (mothers DNA included)?
edit on 2-5-2011 by AmatuerSkyWatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freenrgy2
I, for one, believe that it went down as we've been told. Too big a news story. If you want to think otherwise, you're certainly entitled but I don't think there is any big conspiracy here.

Just wait....pics will be released soon. They always have a way of sneaking out.

I do too - actually.

I was driving today - - so I listened to talk radio shows on my XM. I learned a lot. Info that has not been expressed in this thread as far as I know.

As I've said - - not everything is a conspiracy - - - but it could be. I do leave the door open.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Kinda hot on the internet MSM right now:

AP Press: Not everyone believes that Osama is dead
edit on 2-5-2011 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147
So the SEALS, with masks on, not to mention ear protectors for the gunfire, above all the screaming and chaos of a firefight, managed to hear OBLs name being called?? Not saying it's impossible, but it was quite convenient (like much of this story).

The yellow end of the Combat Arms Military Ear Plug features a precisely engineered chamber with no moving parts. This chamber allows voice level sound to pass through with very little attenuation allowing you to clearly hear voices without removing the earplugs, but severely restricts louder noises, protecting you instantly and continuously in variable noise and continuous noise environments alike.

earplugstore.stores.yahoo.net...

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   

I'm saying that there is no way that they only matched on Y-DNA

They certainly wouldn't have been using y-DNA as a match against his sister.

They are doing a Nuclear DNA match.

SMR

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
The quick burial at sea was to not cause issues with Islam.
It was done with intent of showing we will not do as they do and parade around with a dead corpse.

Islam
The sacred texts of Islam prefer burial on land, "so deep that its smell does not come out and the beasts of prey do not dig it out". However, if a person dies at sea and it is not possible to bring the body back to land before decay, burial at sea is allowed. A weight is tied to the feet of the body, and the body is lowered into the water. This would preferably occur in an area where the remains are not immediately eaten by scavengers. Also, if an enemy may dig up the grave to mutilate the body, it is also allowed to bury the deceased at sea to avoid mutilation.

SOURCE

"According to Islamic teachings and practice, deceased must be buried with proper procedures within 24 hours.That was the basis for that decision," he said. "There was no available alternative in terms of a country that was willing to accept the body, and we took pains to ensure that we were compliant with Muslim tradition and law, and sought to dispose of the body, using the appropriate procedures and rituals, within 24 hours," the defense official said.

SOURCE

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
A guy I work with said to me this morning, "Ok, they didn't want to bury him in the ground because they don't want them building a shrine for him. But what's the point in throwing him in the ocean? They can just go get him anyway."

Sadly, he was serious.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie

And there are people who believe that Elvis is still alive.

I'm sure we'll be seeing him in velvet and drier lint for years to come.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons

Originally posted by ButterCookie

And there are people who believe that Elvis is still alive.

I'm sure we'll be seeing him in velvet and drier lint for years to come.

Yeah....whatever

Anyone I posted the link so that (smart) people can see that they are not alone into seeing it the way we are, and its not just here on ATS..

shows people that MSM is at least revealing that everyone did not drink the kool-aid, as I see you have had seconds....

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I have first-hand knowledge that he is confirmed dead - jealous i was not there to pull the double-tap, but I know for sure he is dead. Drop it ATS.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Osama's former neighbors comment on how his death won't affect them...

“But [bin Laden’s death] won’t affect us. He was created by the U.S. and has been killed by the U.S.”

Osama Was My Neighbor-Yahoo News

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
The thing that is niggling me is, when Saddam Hussein was captured the images were splashed all over the news. When his sons were killed, the images were spalshed all over the news. When numerous millitant leaders in Iraq and Afghan were killed or captured the images were splashed all over the news.

The US filmed the moments leading upto, the death and the sea burial of the worlds most wanted man and the images are NOT splashed all over the news...

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

I would dare say that my analysis pre-911 was bang on, my analysis of 911 is bang on, and my analysis now is likely way closer to the truth than officials are comfortable with. But not crazy enough to appeal to the actual crazies.

Too close to the truth to make anyone who is in the know happy. Too reasonable to make the people living on anger and a cultural reactive attachment disorder happy either.

I strike a completely unappealing balance. Truth tends to be like that.
edit on 2011/5/2 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by I.C. Weiner
I have first-hand knowledge /jealous i was not there

Contradiction if ever I saw one.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I think questioning this type of event and everything that transpired is a great thing.

Also, I think that people should respect each others opinions on this matter since it is a heated topic.

Try to avoid personal attacks and stick to the topic and facts, and keep an open mind too.
edit on 2-5-2011 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   

No lie, no contradiction. Eff off.

link   

Right. They showed Zarqawi, or whatever his name was all bloated and dead too, quick. Yet, the MAIN guy, even more sought after than Hussein, and they ditch the body and stall on the photos? Since when would our government hold Islamic tradition over the psychological well being of this nation as a whole? If Bin Laden is who they say he is, he did NOT deserve any special treatment. At the very least, they should have released photos immediately, now it's impossible to believe what they say. We've all seen how they lie to us, and when a liar tells a story and then conveniently does away with evidence before you see it, the natural reaction is to not believe it. I'm surprised anybody believes this...

link   
reply to post by mishigas

Naive People always seem to Believe the Big Lie . To Think Otherwise would Force them to Face the True Reality of their Lives . The Masses themselves are driven by an Intense Inner Fear that the World would be Safe and Secure if Only they have Faith in the Leaders who Represent them . This Fear is often used to Manipulate them into certain Behavior that sometimes contridicts their Logic by those who they Think have their Best Interests at heart . More often than not , they do not . WAKE UP and see this Truth for yourselves before it is to Late People.........

www.youtube.com...
edit on 2-5-2011 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamingawake
Osama's former neighbors comment on how his death won't affect them...

“But [bin Laden’s death] won’t affect us. He was created by the U.S. and has been killed by the U.S.”

Osama Was My Neighbor-Yahoo News

took a while for them to make that article, and still i dont believe any of t.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by I.C. Weiner

No lie, no contradiction. Eff off.

If you weren't there, the only knowledge you have is second hand at best. No I won't "eff off". Grow a brain.

new topics

top topics

<< 149  150  151    153  154  155 >>

join