It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cancer Council says Alcoholic Drinks and ethanol cause cancer!!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Tayesin

I'm afraid that you are right...but we have to ask the question of "what is food for"..it might sound stupid question..but even the vegies in the shops are now grown for maximum profit..which means all the nutrient in them is now minimull.ergo most of the diseases must be due to some sort of bio deficiency...When they first tested blood levels for esential vitamins and minerals..It was in the modern world where most of the goodness gets cooked out.I bet that the norm as per the medical profesion is so low as to cause a practical deficiency in the human body.Ie. after about twenty five all water soluble vitamins must be replaced everyday..Alchohol eats the B vitamins up if you havent any in you in the first place ..its not rocket science to prove that its gonna do some serious harm.
Here we are in the modern world and we seem to be getting sicker as we live longer.Go figure?

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by auswally
reply to post by nahsik

This is nearly about half as many that die from cigarettes each year. I'm considering to to cut my drinking then to only a drink if I have to when I'm out on weekends now.

You know what mate, the way your posts sounds you will get cancer and die quicker from stress
. Stress is the biggest cancer causing thing in anyone, we all have cancerous cells in our body, its what triggers it too mutate that makes it bad, and IMO stress will do this more then anything

Drink in moderation ,maybe a little more and be happy, my advise

Wal

Right on.

If you believe X Y and Z cause cancer, you are more likely than another person who does not believe that X Y and Z cause cancer to get it!

Very much of this is psychosomatic - the mind affecting the body.

Now think about what that means when you hear about all these reports about "XYZ flu" and "blah blah blah causes ill health."

Just reading about it is enough to make someone who is not well informed of the effect the words themselves have...sick.

Ignore all that rubbish! Eat plenty of veggies, live an easy life, get enough sleep, and you will enjoy great health!

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
But the Cancer Council are all for radiation therapy. They mention nothing about natural means to combat cancer.

I find it strange that the medical profession can come up with machines to examine you at a cellular level (for a cost, obviously!), yet they continue to use chemotherapy, radiation, and unproven drug cocktails as their means to combat cancer. I can't tell if they still have leeches and EMT machines in the back room!

Of course, these 'cures' are very expensive, and keep people alive long enough to fleece them of their money (or someone's money). Natural cures are frowned upon because big pharma, the insurance companies etc. can't make any money on them.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
The way I heard it once...

A guy goes to a doctor to get checkup.

The doctor asks "do you ever smoke?"

The guy says "no, never"

The doctor asks "do you ever drink?"

The guy says "no, not a drop"

The doctor asks "any risky behavior?"

The guy says "Ive only been with one woman my whole life"

Then the doctor says "Why do you want to keep on living?"

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I think sometime in the near future scientists are just gonna come out and say "FUN CAUSES CANCER!".

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ScousePhil

For anyone who doesn't believe that the anti-smoking and anti-drinking campaigns are connected, please note the following links:

au.news.yahoo.com...

www.watoday.com.au...

"Other recommendations made by Professor Daube's committee in October last year to be adopted today include more money for anti-smoking commercials, banning internet advertising of cigarettes, and a $100 million package to tackle smoking by Aboriginal people."

Notice the name of Mike Daube in the article and the committee he chaired to find further means of harassing smokers?

Now look at what Mike Daube is into:

au.news.yahoo.com...

McCusker Foundation for Action on Alcohol and Youth director Mike Daube said that the study findings made the case for health warnings on alcohol products "unstoppable".

So there you have it. First fund the studies to get the results you want, lobby the government for warning labels, start an "education" campaign, tax the drinkers to fund more studies, sue the alcohol companies to get more money, support and sell pharmaceutical products to "help" drinkers quit (get more money), destroy the hospitality industry and harass, harass, harass anyone who doesn't agree with you.

When this campaign is done - find a new industry and start again.

A highly lucrative means of expressing your inner puritan.

TIRED OF CONTROL FREAKS

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Hehehe, good joke.. I grew up in Eastern Europe ... Before Chernobyl, nobody I knew didn't know anybody actually having cancer. We knew about cancer just from books... But after Chernobyl, in less than 2 years, cancer just exploded all around us ... And in that part of the world people are enjoying a glass of something since the dawn of time... So what is causing cancer???

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by nahsik

This is a very good point. What types, exactly, cause cancer? Hard liquor? Beer? Wine?
My beloved hard cider? God, please don't let it be that.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by anonentity
reply to post by Tayesin

I'm afraid that you are right...but we have to ask the question of "what is food for"..it might sound stupid question..but even the vegies in the shops are now grown for maximum profit..which means all the nutrient in them is now minimull.ergo most of the diseases must be due to some sort of bio deficiency...When they first tested blood levels for esential vitamins and minerals..It was in the modern world where most of the goodness gets cooked out.I bet that the norm as per the medical profesion is so low as to cause a practical deficiency in the human body.Ie. after about twenty five all water soluble vitamins must be replaced everyday..Alchohol eats the B vitamins up if you havent any in you in the first place ..its not rocket science to prove that its gonna do some serious harm.
Here we are in the modern world and we seem to be getting sicker as we live longer.Go figure?

Good question.

It's supposed to be for re-energizing the human body not only through the vitamin uptake but the stored sun-energy within the live plant. The only way you will insure food is for doing this, is to grow what you need and maybe trade extra for what you don't have.

It would keep the idle busy, and save a lot of money. But, people get fed up with the same thing all the time instead of being happy to know they can feed themselves if they really tried.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
I am not sure of the specific causes of cancer but apparently death is a 100% effective cure!

This was heavily reasearched by Doctor Josef Mengele in the 1940's but is being assiduously ignored by modern medicine.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Sundowner

The part that gives you cancer is the ethanol molecule, more commonly called alcohol.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
I'm sure someone has already pointed this out, but people have been drinking beer/alcohol in some form or another for thousands of years, way before cancer ever came around.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Originally posted by VicDiaz89
EVERYTHING CAUSES CANCER.

Indeed. Just wait until they claim that sex causes cancer.

But it does! Ever hear of HPV? And if thats not enough don't forget AIDS.
Come on people have been drinking beer and wine forever, just more scare tactics.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

EVERYTHING CAUSES CANCER.

Indeed. Just wait until they claim that sex causes cancer.
LMAO.i was gonna post the exact same thing!

www.cbsnews.com...

Too late.

Truthfully though I think they are full of it. These people have always been around, prohibitionist's. Cigarettes showed them the way. First they paint it is cancerous then they proceed to fine, tax and/or legislate it into oblivion.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by nahsik

Some of the longest lived people on Earth have wine traditions. I really couldn't care. I want my wine.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Pretty soon ATS will cause cancer!

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by VicDiaz89

Wouldn't be surprised,

They would be less direct though, "tin foil is bad for you" and those affected should get rid of the hat collection.

Hey, I remember the lectures we got at work about CRT screens giving you cancer...Had another one today about those eco-lights bulbs.

I'll personally say the mercury filled vaccines (that are good for you, mind you) have more chance of giving you cancer.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Well I'm sure most people already knew ingesting alcohol in any form wasn't good for you. If you like alcohol and want to drink it, good for you. If you don't, then this is just another reason to not do so.

Alcohol possibly causing cancer isn't a great reason not to drink it though. As it is, if you live in America and are male, you have a 1 in 2 chance of getting cancer in your lifetime. It's not like abstaining from your favorite liquor is going to reduce your chances by a whole lot.
edit on 2-5-2011 by Destiny Of Souls because: Spelling.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Sorry I'm late to the party so I don't know what caused all the T&C post removals. But I do know that I'm seeing quite a bit of denial in this thread. I'm not going to get preachy because my motto is "live and let live" but the concept of "anything in moderation" is patently absurd.

Drink an ounce of gasoline each day; huff a small amount of paint aerosol fumes each day; stare into the sun for 5 minutes a day, see how long you last. Actions have consequences.

I come from a family of alcoholics (most died from cirrhosis of the liver) and I finally abstained 3 years ago, after a near death stroke so not necessarily by choice. ( I don't recommend it) It was a wake up call I heeded.

So I encourage everyone to exercise their right to make personal choices, but please don't be lulled into the insanity of thinking ingestion a toxic substance into your body, even in small amounts, is good for you over time.

Cheers.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join