It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supernatural Season Seven

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Back to the monster of the week episodes....I didn't like what Dean did and perhaps created a new evil monster,Amy's son.Dean has gone through too much and i understand why he is so hard and trusts noone.He has been betrayed by Sam,he was given an instruction by their father to kill Sam and it seems that both heaven and hell (and everyone in between) are expecting from him to be the one with the solutions.He even felt responsible for Castiel's choises.One more monster,even a good one,on the loose wouldn't help the current condition,but still he acted too fast.

I liked that the main plot played in the background,the leviathans looking for the brothers and Sam's hallucinations.

We have seen good hearted monster in the past,the vampires in "Bloodlust",where the evil of the episode was Gordon the hunter and the little antichrist,who eventually chose to be good.

Next episode is monster of the week again and will play around Dean's feelings of guilt.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Phantom traveller

Phantom
I did not much like what Dean did either. Although be it I do think Dean was acting like Dean. I do remember there was that group of monsters who were trying to live with in the realm of society. So I am glad that is something they can touch on every now and then. I was hoping the guilt from killing Amy would not happen for a few years. That is something Sam is going to find out about sooner or later. I was just hoping for later. I am glad with Sam being focused the hallucinations were less. I just don't want the hallucinations to be dominant in the monster of the week episodes.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I mean this is like strike 2 for Dean in my eyes I had always thought he was the one who was morally centered. And did, ya know what was right given what you have to work with. But what he did to Ben and Lisa. and now this. And he even knew the story of how she saved Sam. And he still killed her.

side note did anyone catch Dean falling alseep on his own movie My bloody valentine 3D???

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by American-philosopher

Philosopher
the way I saw it that is exactly what Dean did. She was a monster and she was killing people. May not have been a particularly large count by the shows standards but she was killing people. As Dean stated she might have stopped now but in time she would start again. He also asked her kid if he had killed any one. So the way I see it is Dean was acting on what his way of life is. The problem is he has an enemy who is going to be killing him now.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
The latest episode was really nice.
a)Pagan gods are still around,so we might hear from them in the future again.
b)Monster of the week episode again,a filler like a friend of mine called it,no main plot story in the background.
c)Dean is a very tortured person.He blames himself for everything,not that we didn't know that,but could explain some of his actions.He even feels guilty for Amy's death.I'm afraid that since he didn't tell Sam now,Sam will find out later and the hard way.
d) i wasn't expecting that Sam was guilt free.I really didn't see that coming.The "i went to hell and i paid for the mistakes i made" explanation was too swallow for me,because Dean was in hell as well.

BTW i finished a Supernatural novel called "coyote's kiss".It's an "episode" before Sam get his soul back.Anyway by the end of the story a mexican shaman is blessing Sam and she tells him that he is 2 spirits(not souls) in one body.I don't really know what the writer could mean.This could be a hint to future appearances of Lucifer in the show.What do you think?

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Phantom
I like the episode also. More of feel good episode, one way to put it any way. Yes no subplot in the background. I really don't like those stories though. Reason being they can go through an entire show and not really accomplish anything. With these monster of the week episodes they tell a story and something is accomplished.

Dean came very close to revealing to Sam what he did to Amy. I really thought that was going to happen and yes it is going to happen later now and it is going to be a big problem when it does. All I can really say about that is I hope they work through it they way they do with everything.

As to Sam have two spirits. I can see where that could make a story. I don't really see any evidence of it at this time. Yes Sam is happy, I can see where that might seem strange but it could be possible also. Besides if it is Lucifer who is still in Sam I don't really think happy would be part of his agenda.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by RedGolem

But you okay you notice how osarius never got to his last witness right?? and just who do you think that witness is if dean did do the right thing by killing Sam's friend

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Philosopher
It might have been the right thing or might not have. You need to remember what Osiris was feeding on, it was guilt. When Dean killed Amy I have no doubt he thought he was doing the right thing, but he still hurt Sam by doing that. So there is guilt. People can still carry plenty of guilt even if the think, or even believe they are doing the right thing. Plenty of examples can be given but this is just about the show.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Okay fine I an can agree with what you say that Dean feels he was doing the right thing. But then this to me says that he doesn;t trust Sam. That he is saying well Sam doesn;t know what is best. I do. This may go back to where Sam chose to run around with Ruby instead of him. Or maybe he thinks that Lucifer stil has some type of hold on Sam. And influences his decison.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Philosopher
everything you said cold very well be right. As opposed to Dean not trusting Sam, it could also just be he thinks Sam's judgment is clouded.
Yes we have all agreed that Lucifer may still have some sort of hold on Sam. At this point in time I think like Sam being the way he is, meaning just trying to act happy and not be concerned with Lucifer.
When Dean killed Amy we all knew he was hurting Sam when he did so. But like I said before to me that was Dean being Dean. He is always the one to come through and do what he thinks is best in his little world.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
As to this episode.
I like the main story line. It was something a little different. I liked the way it unfolded. Going after witches is not something that has happened to often. What I did not like was that they got away with the murders they committed. That just did not seem to be in the character of the Winchesters. All that aside, they now do have a Leviathan. That will make for something interesting. Don't know what I can say about that.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   

The episode was good and had many layers.The most important part was that the Leviathans can be put down with magic.It's the first clue that the boys have on how to defeat them.Now that they have one they can test on him,what could harm him.
On the witches story,i liked the cast and i agree it was bizare that the Winchesters let them go like that.But when Don helped them with the Leviathan,it might be a hint that they can propably ally with them in the future.From what i understood they were not bad witches,it was a matter of revenge on Maggie's side for Don's cheating.Both Don and Maggie are very old and powerful and the boys need all the help they can get right now.
Another thing is that Dean's guilt is destroying him.All the drinking and the keeping to himself will have a strong effect on him and on the fight.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Phantom
I do basically agree with everything you said. As to the witches they may not have appeared to be bad people in the public lives but they were killing a lot of people, and doing it with such apathy that it seemed to them all of us mortals are nothing but objects to do with as you please. Then being eight hundred years old I am pretty sure they will need to find a different spell if they ever do plan to take them down.

As to the Leviathan the which did say the spell was only going to last for a few days, but yes it at least did work. I did also think it was some good information that the which did not know what the Leviathan was. Meaning if they manage to enlist the help of the witches they will be doing some studying and experimentation also.
It will be interesting to see how this one plays out next episode. I can't help but wonder if Death will have to come back around to tell them what has to be done, or at least an idea to work with.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   

The witches had the arrogance of immortality,but they gave me the idea that they were not the evil type.
If magic is the only thing that can immobilize a Leviathan,the brothers are going to use it.Also a very old and powerful artifact could do the trick,but since Balthazar and Cas are both gone,they have to find the weapons themselves.

Death will definetely come back.He is the only one who knows the way to destroy or at least send back to purgatory the Leviathans,so one way or another he will return.I don't know if Dean will attempt another summoning or if Death will come back on his own,but we will definetely hear from him again.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Phantom
The arrogance of immortality is a good way to describe the witches. I just can't say they are good after what they were doing to the other people in the town. That aside however, they are two interesting characters, I can see where they might come back in another episode. Partly because they may need them for the Leviathans.
Using an artifact is one good possibility. As you said since cas and baldazore are out of the picture no telling where it might come from. Crowley is a possibility, and there have been other angles who came in and out of an episode every now and then. I am still thinking they might try the colt.
Any way in my opinion things are looking up, Peace.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Crowley is a possibility

I forgot about him,although he is propably hiding,he is a major player.he survived the apocalypse,he survived the God-Cas situation and Cas told him he had plans for him.Since the encounter we assume that Crowley returned to hell and he has access to the Cage.He propably knows of the situation with the Leviathans,he just won't interfer,until they "kindly" ask him to.
BTW Crowley will appear on the next episode...

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Phantom
Ahh ok so Crowley will be having a part in all of this, thanks. I do agree that Crowley has been at least part in hiding because of the Cas situation. However I do also think that above all else Crowley is a survivor. He has been careful not to aggravate the Winchesters enough to make the want to focus on him and has given help to those who use it in a way that help elevate his status. I am sure he knows something of the Leviathan situation, it will be interesting to see what he can say about it.
Thanks for the info again.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   
I don't know if any one else has seen the episode yet but hear goes.
This one did catch me by surprise. Did not really expect to see something like it coming. Kind of drives the point home that they are not against a monster that is just trying to feed or create a small amount of panic or fear. The seen at the end with the boss showed that also.
I am glad they have finely found a way to kill them. Although it was somewhat anticlimactic that the answer was soap. I guess it is really as good as anything though.
Sooner or later Crowley was going to have to poke his head into all of this. I was not to sure if Crowley taking sides with the Leviathan would be something he would really do or not. But then again he would take both sides he would see any benefit in it. So Crowley now knows how the Leviathan sees him so it can be to long before he comes up with a plan to deal with them also.
I don't know if throwing the heads in the river or ocean or what ever was to smart or not. Might have been better to bury them in the desert since they do seem to like water.
I did not seem Sam reacting like he did to Dean killing Amy. I hope that is something that will be worked out soon.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   

I agree with what you said.Throwing the heads in the water is a mistake,but they don't seem to know the connection of the Leviathans with the water,if i were them,i would burn them.
Now that we know that the big boss is out of Castiel's body,made me wonder,where is Cas?Is he dead in the bottom of the river or somehow they keep his body somewhere else?

After the meeting with the big boss,Crowley will turn to the boys,like he did before the Apocalypse.When he saw that his life was in danger,he "helped" the boys to fight Lucifer.I believe he will do the same here.

The Leviathans won this round and although they didn't put the boys behind bars,they managed to divide them.Sam has abandoned Dean before in situations that they had a fight,but i didn't believe that he would do that now,i mean facing an enemy like that.The strength of the Winchesters lie in them being together.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   

I took it that cas was dead when his trench coat floated to the top of the pond. For what ever that is worth, being that cas has been dead before. If the creator steps in again to bring back cas one would think that would end the war that has been going on also.
As to Crowley yes I do think he will side with the Winchesters now. Like he did when he tried to get rid of Lucifer. I just also can not get out of my mind that he did have something to offer the Leviathan.
I do agree with your statement that the Winchesters need to be together. There strength as brothers is what helps them be so successful in bringing down monsters. I am sure we all know something was going to have to happen with the Amy situation. And plenty more will happen when her son comes looking for Dean. I just did not think it would separate them like this. I just hope with some time away Sam will come back and let everything be in the past.

Maby some day we can get a few more people to chime in hear .

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join