It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. gets C credit rating, lower than Mexico

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
ROFLMAO
So long USA...

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by alchemist2012

Anybody find it odd that we had this terrible news, yet the Dow keeps climbing? Just goes to show how artificially stimulated and propped up it is...

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by mossme89

Anybody find it odd that we had this terrible news, yet the Dow keeps climbing? Just goes to show how artificially stimulated and propped up it is...

It only affects the government's ability to borrow money, so the stock market will not be directly damaged.

Also, the New York Stock Exchange was just sold to a German investor. Lol...

China are our bankers.
Germany are our investors.

We s#$%k!

edit on 29-4-2011 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Yes, Fellow Americans we are indeed about to have an epic rough and tumble ride through this collapse. I made a educated estimation of this November when the dollar bottoms out and folds. 6-to-9 months tolerance time so it may have crashed this past February or is currently crashing and will be done and over with by August 2012 where the point of no return occurs. When you hear it from the MSM, you know it has been in play for quite some time.

By the time that the MSM tells you about it, you can usually deem it has occurred already with a 6-9 month get ready buffer zone. When 2008's SHTF episode happened people should have known that the domino system of cause and effect was coming in the form of a super economic tsunami, that was heralding ever closer and closer well it is right on the horizon and the coastal waters have begun to recede out to the continental shelf and beyond.

This collapse of the dollar will test the pillars that hold the American way of life. We will either survive or fail. One hell of a shock and vibe stress test. Whatever emerges out from the aftermath with be our future way of life and living.
edit on 29-4-2011 by maestromason because: *addition/correction

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Link: US and China on collision course for trade war?

Twenty bucks says we are going to enter a military war with China. It may be the only way to fix our economy. China has to be broken economically, so that the US can pay back its loans.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by maestromason

i dont think this will effect the world that much, if worse comes to worst canada will take controll while things are straitened out.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
This countrys spending is gonna destroy us.Reps and Dems faults.Trump I doubt can win as a president.but I hope He runs just to slam this governemnts horrible debt crisis and dumb policies they have been doing.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by mossme89

'

No, because it isn't from a valid credit rating agency.

This is the FIRST time ever that this company created nation credit ratings...it is more political than it is factual. Just a conservative firm trying to make Obama look bad.

Investors don't listen to some random firm in Florida about credit ratings. If you trust them...be my guest and go invest in Mexican and Bulgarian bonds.
edit on 29-4-2011 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I think world war 3 is setting up over all of this.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by lifeinthematrix
ROFLMAO
So long USA...

ROFLMAO
Enjoy Chinese culture...

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Section31

...funny you say that. About 20 years ago I had Household Bank(Household International an American financial institution) credit cards, and about 2000-2001 they were bought out by HSBC. Go figure, yea China has the lasso around our groin. I see sometime in the future US bumping heads with China. Our way of life, and standard of living demands a war. Americans will not accept a lower standard, we will not.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

the only Chinese I will enjoy is the food(no disrespect to Asians)America will be the last man standing on the pile you can bank on that buddy

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Granted, this is new, however, can you deny the devaluing economy and the strengthening of the chinese economy?

Its a good warning shot if anything that should get a real discussion going about taxing vs spending

and both need work.

I stand by my simple 3 step solution
1) stop wars
2) reduce military spending to half
3) rollback bush tax cuts (all levels, not just the rich)

That in itself would create a surplus and allow us to stay strong...but its too partisan to even discuss. Too many corporations have their fingers in those 3 to maintain it as they are.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by alchemist2012

the only Chinese I will enjoy is the food(no disrespect to Asians)America will be the last man standing on the pile you can bank on that buddy

Only if we get serious.
We must not fall into the vanity of the roman empire..America is not immortal, no nation is...and egotistical claims of endless superiority will only make things weaken

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Originally posted by alchemist2012

Only if we get serious.
We must not fall into the vanity of the roman empire..America is not immortal, no nation is...and egotistical claims of endless superiority will only make things weaken

You are absolutely correct only if we get serious and well to be honest i have no idea on how,but i do know the current elected officials are not going to cut it.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Solsthime331

To the contrary, it will affect the world on a monumental scale. The US dollar as the world's currency will cease to be. The domino effect will be felt around the globe.

I know world economics, been playing the game for a long time now. Seven years ago my vendors in France, Germany, Sweden and Africa stopped accepting the US dollar and demanded Euros, when that happened I made a note of it, and put out the feelers for I knew that the dollar was in the process of being muted as the number one preferred currency.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   

No, I'm not denying China's rise...but when they put Mexico and Bulgaria above USA and UK...there is something other than a true rating going on.

I have no question in my mind that the USA has to get it's act together...but I know that because of the warning from S&P...not from this nobody firm.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by maestromason

other than the fact that canadians know who owns the euro and we realy dont want that kind of controll over our economy it would be 50 fold if it was a single money man rather than about 100 of them.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Our economy was rated C which = fair I see no reason to worry about SHTF yet maybe the next 20 years

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evanzsayz

Our economy was rated C which = fair I see no reason to worry about SHTF yet maybe the next 20 years

You will see when you get hungry and go to the store for food, or need gas to drive, or purchase ANYTHING from the stores from low ticket to high.

When you slap down $20 for a loaf of bread and 4 slices of bologna!

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join