It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. gets C credit rating, lower than Mexico

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

U.S. gets C credit rating, lower than Mexico

www.marketwatch.com

SAN FRANCISCO (MarketWatch) — The U.S. got a sovereign credit rating of C on Thursday, in line with ratings for such smaller economies as Mexico, Estonia and Colombia.

Weiss Ratings, based in Jupiter, Fla., has rated the creditworthiness of financial institutions for several years, but the firm launched sovereign- debt ratings of 47 countries on Thursday. The U.S. rating of C (Fair) ranks it 33rd, Weiss noted in a
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Tell me this can not be true.Have we in America become a Banana republic???? .I mean didnt ole"B.S."Ben say everything was fine not even 12 hours ago.

So it seems the S will HTF soon folks lets buckle up and get ready seems like its going to be a real wild ride.I wonder if the government will ever come clean an tell the American people what our real situation is.

If there is anyone who can shed more light on this please let me know if this is even real or not and how trustworthy is market watch.

www.marketwatch.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

+20 more 
posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
We could have a D rating and nobody would care as long as they got to watch the Royal Wedding tomorrow. This is how far gone it has become.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by alchemist2012

Marketwatch.com Estimated Worth $8.2 million

www.websiteworthchecker.com...

according to the worth of their website, i'd give them some credibility

don't know for sure

hope that helps a bit

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I bet those damn Croatians took out a loan in America's name, purchased an R.V., and then defaulted on the loan. Man, identity theft is a b!tch.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonicInfinity
We could have a D rating and nobody would care as long as they got to watch the Royal Wedding tomorrow. This is how far gone it has become.

Don't feel bad, it's there for a purpose.
edit on 28-4-2011 by tristar because: ooops..typed 00 by mistake..hehe

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Well can i officially say"And so it begins" there should be a official ticker clock made for the crashing of the dollar.Really guys does this mean the dollar is on junk status.And how long before we loose our spot as the world reserve currency.

I think once this hits the MSM those in the know will make silver/gun/food runs which might cause a panic well i pray the best for everyone and hope this turns out OK

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by alchemist2012

Alchemist

The UK got a C- so we are worse than you ???!!

Here's a link to all the countries they rated.....

www.weissratings.com...

Regards

PDUK

edit on 28-4-2011 by PurpleDog UK because: addition

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by alchemist2012

So it seems the S will HTF soon folks lets buckle up and get ready seems like its going to be a real wild ride.I wonder if the government will ever come clean an tell the American people what our real situation is.

No, they wont come clean on it. Because then it would come to light that they did this knowingly.

Everyone with any sense knew the long term cost of bailing out the banks and Wall Street was devaluing the dollar. It was obvious.

And it is also obvious beyond belief that when you are in a financial crisis, you dont spend like idiots on multiple wars that benefit your NATION not at all. These wars are for the benefit of multinational corporations, much like the bailouts were.

Our economy is being deliberately bled dry, very likely to force us into a NAU and undermine our sovereignty. Which some of us have been saying all along, despite the fact that no one wants to hear it. We need to protect the nation, and that means we need to stop fighting wars for oil companies who dont reimburse us for it. (Although I am sure there are some tasty perks for the politicians who enable it) and we need to stop giving subsidies to those same oil companies, and we need to tax the living hell out of anything coming into our country from abroad.

We always WERE going to pay the price for allowing corporations to crash our economy. We should have just let them fail and saved the nation. But we didnt we saved them at our own expense and now we are at an enormous disadvantage against those very same entities we saved.

We got punked. And we need to reverse the trend or we will in fact, (if not in name) lose our freedom to govern ourselves.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

Wow seems like the Big Boys aint so big anymore

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
The Wall Street Journal is reporting it too.

But Weiss--which Thursday assigned the U.S. a "C" rating that lands it squarely in the lower rung of its global sovereigns--argued that the ratings of S&P, Moody's Investors Service and Fitch are "unfair to investors who are undercompensated for the risks they are taking." Weiss's "C" rating is the equivalent of the bottom of S&P's investment-grade spectrum.

online.wsj.com...

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

Great way to look at it,I fear that these things will come to pass

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by alchemist2012
Well can i officially say"And so it begins" there should be a official ticker clock made for the crashing of the dollar.Really guys does this mean the dollar is on junk status.And how long before we loose our spot as the world reserve currency.

I think once this hits the MSM those in the know will make silver/gun/food runs which might cause a panic well i pray the best for everyone and hope this turns out OK

I suggest you fix a nice warm cup of coffee or put a an ice cold beer and begin reading up on 20th century history and its impact on what people today refer to as modern society. It is unfolding right before our eyes, but sadly only a small percentage are actually aware of the outcome, those that are, are what threads and books have been written about. Individuals who achieved non taxes as a business, individuals or members if i may say so, who are not obliged to reply to what one or how ever you choose to refer to them as democratically elected nations. Perhaps at this point i should post a simple youtube with a forward message that has been covered so much that it has lost its essence on a reality scale. Our past is our path to our future.

P.S. I have chosen this particular youtube as to allow those who do not have the ability of audio but are able to read. In short, simply aiding the human as best as i can. We are not all evil, dont assume the obvious as you have been told, thought, or read.

edit on 28-4-2011 by tristar because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Will do I think i may got to the wholesale clubs and grab a few things you just never know when the panic is going to set in.I hope you all don't think im nuts but they way things have been going yesterday since The Fed had its centennial press conference.

But i think this going to fall apart around the time the QE3 ends is what im feeling

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by tristar

Tristar

Thankyou for posting that clip of JFK and his freedom speech.......

I am ashamed to say that I have never listened fully to that before but I do understand and fully support it's sentiment Now.

It is a great SHAME that most of your politicians, many business leaders and probably a large section of the simple population have probably not either listened to that very same speech and if they have, probably not really understood it...........

Same is also true in the UK as well I guess......

Regards

PDUK

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Wow this is untrue more folks are more worried about the playstation network and the royal wedding than the near collapse of the Dollar.I guess these events did exactly what they were designed to do.cause a major distraction.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Australia got a C+ ??
We have minimal debt, record low unemployment and low inflation..
What gives????

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

It is a message that has been lost not by time but by choice.

edit : ( Orlando A. Battista ) An error does not become a mistake until you refuse to correct it.
edit on 28-4-2011 by tristar because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
While that site is 100% correct, they will be dismissed as they are not directly connected to the Fed and not Standards & Poors.

But, they are correct.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Economic doom at it's finest.

Dollar dropping, precious metals climbing and debt at an all time high, the writing is on the wall. America's financial doomsday right around the corner now.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join