It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Someone just tried to kill my kitten!!!!!!!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Is that aluminum foil you have put on your cats head?...why?

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Homedawg

its his tin foil hat so the gov/aliens can't read his mind. you mean you don't have tin foil hats for your pets
how do expect them to protect them self against mind intruesions. if you have pets you NEED to get this sorted out ASAP. if not few. thay are hard to make for fish if you need any help PM me

shame the law stoped the youtube vid if you do get it let us know it up

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Aceofclubs

Is that aluminum foil you have put on your cats head?...why?

It amazes me that people like this even manage to tie their shoes in the morning, why else would a kitten have a hat made of tin foil???????

Thanks for clearing it up for me Ace

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff
reply to post by AxlJones

Once again someone who didnt read any post except the last one. I was unable to view the footage till just now (reread the thread)

Good news and bad news people

Bad news is I was right and someone did do it deliberately

Good news is it wasnt one of my flatmates, it was one of my flatmates friends.

The footage is absolutely sickening, Ive asked for a copy and when I get it post it and ask again what people think I should do.

I am calm and rational and am no longer having homicidal thoughts but this guy does need to suffer in some way.

What a great oxymoron

I know violence shouldnt be the answer and an eye for an eye can get messy but since there is no legal options I do need to do something. Maybe have him over for dinner poison him (not to death just to make him sick) then tell him I know it was him and kick him in the nuts before throwing him out the door with the warning if I see him again the kick in the nads will seem like a massage

Peace
edit on 28-4-2011 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

If you had homicidal thoughts about some kitten getting hurt by a human being who has some kind of mental disorder, you should really seek psychiatric help.

And actually, yes, I did read every post before mine.

However, your argument still doesn't hold. I didn't say you had to watch the footage immediately after it happened and then posted this thread.

I said you should have waited for the video footage (no matter how long it took in-case you still don't get it) and then posted this thread. (See: overreacting)

To those who said I was wrong or sick for wanting retribution, I sincerely hope that there is never a time in your lives where someone deliberately and maliciously tries to hurt or even kill someone you love and care about.

Just fyi, a cat is not a person and is not self-conscious. You should lay down on the personifying euphemisms. And before you tell me that it's your opinion, etc, it still doesn't change the fact that a cat is not 'someone'.
edit on 1-5-2011 by AxlJones because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by AxlJones

Just fyi, a cat is not a person and is not self-conscious. You should lay down on the personifying euphemisms. And before you tell me that it's your opinion, etc, it still doesn't change the fact that a cat is not 'someone'.

Don't overreact until you know the issue? Check. A cat is not a person? Self-evident check/ A cat is not self-conscious?

Really? Have you ever lived with a cat, a dog, a pig? They may live "in the moment" (read: They are forgiving.) But they have incredible memories. They are devious to a fault (unless you don't know siamese.) and yeah, I would suggest they are very much aware of their own existance and are definitely "self conscious" by any reasonable definition of the term. They feel fear, loneliness, and happiness. If you don;t see this, I'm very sorry for you.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   

I am calm and rational and am no longer having homicidal thoughts but this guy does need to suffer in some way.

What a great oxymoron

Nothing contradictory or "oxymoronic" in that statement, I didnt say it needed to be physical violence but people who do bad things and get away with it scot free dont learn that its wrong. I would have loved to go to the police but here its not an option so something did need to be done and it was, justice served.

If you had homicidal thoughts about some kitten getting hurt by a human being who has some kind of mental disorder, you should really seek psychiatric help.

Yep no argument here dude, Im a regular unbalanced fruitloop who resorts to violence at every opportunity

Im going to assume your quite a lonely person, I feel sorry for you also that you have obviously never had a pet that has become a part of your family almost the same as a human does. Dude if I could give you a hug I would coz I think you need one.

And actually, yes, I did read every post before mine. However, your argument still doesn't hold. I didn't say you had to watch the footage immediately after it happened and then posted this thread.

How and why would that have made any difference? I knew it was done by someone and the kitten didnt get there himself, posting the thread was a way to get ideas and calm down before my flatmates got home. Once again it wasnt an overreaction there is NO WAY THE KITTEN COULD HAVE GOT THERE HIMSELF!!!!

Dude I dont even know what to say to this, your ignorance astounds me. Animals are self conscious and have intelligence comparable to young children, in the case of pigs as smart as a 6 year old. Even if you believe what you just said are you saying that people shouldnt care what happens to animals or that they cant feel pain or be traumatised? or are you just saying that people should be allowed to hurt and torture animals anytime they want?

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Happy to hear your kitty did make it (very cute cat!)
Law wise, you say there's nothing that can be done? How about animal advocate group advice, local shelters, call and see if they can help you. Also the person needs to be known of by other people with animals. Make up a sign about him/her and give word of mouth. Also, be cautious. That kind of violence is a way for the person to control by fear, it may mean they will attack you next.
edit on 1-5-2011 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   

What a great oxymoron

Nothing contradictory or "oxymoronic" in that statement, I didnt say it needed to be physical violence but people who do bad things and get away with it scot free dont learn that its wrong. I would have loved to go to the police but here its not an option so something did need to be done and it was, justice served.

You had homicidal thoughts. Even though you don't have them anymore, you still had them in the first place. A calm and rational human being would never have that kind of reaction to a pet getting hurt.

I'd be the first to get into a fist fight with the guy who did this but to go as far as kill/poison him?

In case you still don't get it; stating you're a calm person and then expressing violent thought is a contradiction.

Yep no argument here dude, Im a regular unbalanced fruitloop who resorts to violence at every opportunity

Im going to assume your quite a lonely person, I feel sorry for you also that you have obviously never had a pet that has become a part of your family almost the same as a human does. Dude if I could give you a hug I would coz I think you need one.

Assuming things on the Internet with so little information about someone is foolish

I have had multiple pets and have had my dog for 12 years. They were all part of my family but they filled a specific role.However, I would never have had homicidal thoughs about a human being hurting them .

And actually, yes, I did read every post before mine. However, your argument still doesn't hold. I didn't say you had to watch the footage immediately after it happened and then posted this thread.

How and why would that have made any difference? I knew it was done by someone and the kitten didnt get there himself, posting the thread was a way to get ideas and calm down before my flatmates got home. Once again it wasnt an overreaction there is NO WAY THE KITTEN COULD HAVE GOT THERE HIMSELF!!!!

As you said in the first post, you still weren't sure if it got there by itself or if it was someone who did it.

You also said you'd have to watch the camera footage to be sure.

Stop contradicting yourself please. You'll never win an argument like this.

Dude I dont even know what to say to this, your ignorance astounds me. Animals are self conscious and have intelligence comparable to young children, in the case of pigs as smart as a 6 year old. Even if you believe what you just said are you saying that people shouldnt care what happens to animals or that they cant feel pain or be traumatised? or are you just saying that people should be allowed to hurt and torture animals anytime they want?

My ignorance? Not all animals are self-conscious or/and have the intelligence comparable to young children. Making such gross misstatements only makes YOU look ignorant, not me.

Also, nobody talked about pigs or other animals. I was referring to your cat (a kitten actually) and nothing else.

I never ever talked about justified hurting of animals because of their intelligence. Stop putting words into my mouth. I said you should lay down on the 'personifying euphemisms' because a kitten is not remotely a human being.

Anyway, i'm done arguing with you. All your arguments have no/false contents and you can't restrain yourself from making ad hominem arguments.

I'm sure you'll do well on the debate forum
(Sarcam)

edit on 2-5-2011 by AxlJones because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   

First off Im glad your done arguing with me as deciding which 3 brain cells to use to reply to you so that you would understand was getting dull.

You had homicidal thoughts. Even though you don't have them anymore, you still had them in the first place. A calm and rational human being would never have that kind of reaction to a pet getting hurt. I'd be the first to get into a fist fight with the guy who did this but to go as far as kill/poison him? In case you still don't get it; stating you're a calm person and then expressing violent thought is a contradiction.

Yeah when I saw my kitten hanging from its neck I did wanna kill someone but admitted it was irrational and I needed to calm down. saying Im gonna kill someone is pretty much a figure of speech and a cliche nowadays.

So you think breaking someones nose or giving them a black eye, broken arm etc is better than making them puke for a few days???? OK then. I would say both are disgusting but when the ones we love are hurt we do stupid things

Assuming things on the Internet with so little information about someone is foolish

Couldnt agree more with your above statement, but its kinda contradictory to telling me I need psychiatric help based on 1 thread when I was obviously under a bit of stress dont you think?

I have had multiple pets and have had my dog for 12 years. They were all part of my family but they filled a specific role.However, I would never have had homicidal thoughs about a human being hurting them

So these animals werent pets they were tools you appreciated them as long as they served a purpose. Very different to having a household pet that you love (I know you will say its just a cat so I dont expect you to understand)

As you said in the first post, you still weren't sure if it got there by itself or if it was someone who did it. You also said you'd have to watch the camera footage to be sure. Stop contradicting yourself please. You'll never win an argument like this.

Relooked at my first post and didnt see that, can you perhaps point it out to me?

From my 2nd post

Unless my cat developed super jumping abilities and was able to jump 9 feet in the air and wedge his head in some small lattice work that we then had to saw off to get him out someone did it..

and from my 3rd

Ill repeat this again THERE IS NO WAY THE CAT DID IT HIMSELF!!!!!! its a 4 month old kitten who can barely get 2 foot in the air when his jumping for food and he was left hanging above an 8 foot door. and no there was no way he could have climbed up as theres nothing to climb on.

At no stage did I say I was unsure how it happened just that I was unsure who did it so maybe your getting this mixed up with another thread. The fact you cant even get what I said right when its right here for you to read is somewhat disturbing and pretty much brings everything youve stated into question (not that any of it was valid anyway)

My ignorance? Not all animals are self-conscious or/and have the intelligence comparable to young children. Making such gross misstatements only makes YOU look ignorant, not me

So can you show me the scientific or philosophical study that says ANYanimals arent self aware/conscious? true I dont have a study that says they do but from what I and most other pet owners have seen animals are every bit as self aware as we are. Im genuinely curious as to why you say they arent?

Also, nobody talked about pigs or other animals. I was referring to your cat (a kitten actually) and nothing else

No one mentioned pigs true, just thought you may be unaware and knowing this might make you look at animals differently, to me intelligence and the ability to learn denote self awareness. My kitten shows intelligence and the ability to learn therefore I consider that he is self aware.

I never ever talked about justified hurting of animals because of their intelligence. Stop putting words into my mouth. I said you should lay down on the 'personifying euphemisms' because a kitten is not remotely a human being

I assumed since you brought it up you were saying I shouldnt care coz he was just a "thing", if that wasnt it what exactly was the point of that statement?
It blatantly had nothing to do with the issue unless its a justification for the violence or a reason to not care.

Funny thing is I think the same of your arguments as you do mine, I would be happy to debate you anytime on any topic if your game but I warn you, considering your unable to even get what someone stated simply on the thread your posting on there is a good chance you will get your a$$ handed to you on a plate.

Consider it a challenge

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

Any luck getting the vid yet?

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

Tried to get a copy when I saw it and was told I need to speak with the security manager.
Spoke to him yesterday and legally they can only release it to the police

He had his first day back at school since it happened and apparently he aint real popular, My flatmate threatened him again today which isnt good. Ive told him to chill as he got what he deserved plus taking it any further will just get him in trouble with the cops.
More of his classmates want to see it for themselves over the next few days which the security manager has OKed as he is an animal lover as well.
Ill try get a recording from my phone and see if its postable.

Will ATS let a vid like that online?

Wont be able to show me getting him down tho, while Im standing on a chair frantically trying to pry the lattice apart the towel I had wrapped around my waist falls off. my GF is trying to hold it up to cover my junk, succeeds from a neighbours window point of view but not the cams LOL

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
awww, I wanted to reply to this post when it first came out but got busy. Sad to hear that your adorable kitten suffered, but on the bright side he's alive and hopefully back to normal =) need a spiked tin foil hat, imo.. heehee!

And as for the culprit.. well, Karma is a bitch, what goes around comes around

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I guess the point I was trying to make is that you feel its ok to hang foil on your cat and put a photo on the www but you feel so strongly about him that you will attack someone over it?..Animals do have feelings and your cat in that phtot looks embarassed about the situation....and Im thinking there are no animal abuse laws where you live because its the orient and they eat cats there,correct?

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Homedawg
I guess the point I was trying to make is that you feel its ok to hang foil on your cat and put a photo on the www but you feel so strongly about him that you will attack someone over it?..Animals do have feelings and your cat in that phtot looks embarassed about the situation....and Im thinking there are no animal abuse laws where you live because its the orient and they eat cats there,correct?

You can't possibly be suggesting placing a tin foil hat on a cat for a photo op is "animal abuse" or that it is "embarrasssed." Perhaps the kitty is also "offended" and can sue it's owner OOPS! I mean "companion" for humiliating him.

I wish this were a joke, but I fear the guy is absolutely serious.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I was just wondering if he plans on using that foil to bake the cat once it grows up to eating size,maybe 5 lbs or s...Im told the people over there prefer smaller sized ones for tenderness...JW

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
how the cat doing, any updates?

2nd

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join