It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Someone just tried to kill my kitten!!!!!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Im writing this in an effort to calm down as right now I feel like killing someone.

One of my 4 month old kittens (the one on my Avatar) was just left hanging with his head through the lattice work above my door!!!!! Luckily we got to him before he died.
Me and my GF heard the door open and didnt pay any attention as we thought it was one of our flatmates, we heard the door close again and then for about 2 min we heard a scratching sound. We went down to see what it was and found him very distressed and choking to death.

It was one of my flatmates, ill find out which one tomorrow when I can view the CCTV footage.

Im in Malaysia but Im an Australian, Right now Im actually thinking that Im gonna literally kill whoever did and fly back to Oz (as Malaysia has capital punishment theres no extradition treaty).

My question is can anyone think of a better way to handle this. Legally in Malaysia this person has done nothing wrong so pressing charges isnt an option.

What would you guys do?

I have about an hour till they come home and Im not sure if I should wait till I view the footage tomoz or if I should say/do something now.

I really need some advice

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

Well I wouldn't attempt anything until you view the footage and make sure you accuse the correct person. The rational part of me says if there are any animal cruelty laws there go at it that way. The video hopefully will show you exactly what happened, without seeing the setup it could actually have been something like the person shoving the cat in then the cat got itself stuck in the door.

The cat lover that has 3 cats himself in me says, that person is already dead I just haven't told them yet.

i'm very sorry, I hope you have the kitten looked at to make sure it's ok, they are quite tough though.
edit on 28-4-2011 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Your car probably got stuck there on its own?

Just watch the cctv if your that bothered, i dont really see what you need explaining to you.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   

I see were you're coming from but violence is never the answer.
Watch the tapes, Find out who did it or maybe it was just an accident. But solve the problem through talking and taking the correct path.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Im bothered coz some sick fecker just tried to kill my cat!!!!!!!

Unless my cat developed super jumping abilities and was able to jump 9 feet in the air and wedge his head in some small lattice work that we then had to saw off to get him out someone did it..

What Im asking for is a another way of handling this without resorting to phyical violence. I need something bad, maybe giving them salmonella poisoning or something along those lines.

There are no animal cruelty laws here so legally theres nothing I can do.

People If you have nothing constructive to add please dont post, this wasnt an accident or anything like that someone did this on purpose!!!

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Then watch the tape. Rather then assuming someone did it on purpose how about you check for evidence first.
In my opinion You're a very cruel person if you want to harm somebody else for revenge, That makes you just as bad!.
Shame on you!.

I hope you're cat get's well soon.
edit on 28/4/2011 by YoungMind92 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
if you bothered to read your own signature you wouldn't even have to post this thread.

i expect the cat got itself into this mess.( and if it didn't a lot of people dont view cats as you do. some people dont like spiders, dogs, cats, insects, rats, etc. its usually out of fear/phobia. people will often try to harm something they fear.)

there is parts in the world where cat is dinner. be grateful you don't have to eat cat.

your cat is ok. get over it.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   

First and formost - I'm glad you and the kitten and your GF are ok. THAT is MOST important.

Second...

Unless my cat developed super jumping abilities and was able to jump 9 feet in the air and wedge his head in some small lattice work that we then had to saw off to get him out someone did it..

You would be shocked at what kind of predicaments kittens (especially) can get into. I'm not doubting you, I'm asking you to step back and think a moment. Now, unless you have some real psycho out there with a vendetta think about this.

I had a kitten once who tried to climb a chain-link fence. He got to the top, got tired, and then tried to climb through it, and got stuck. Your fence is latticework right? Pretty simple for little kitten to catch a fright for some reason, climb up just so far and then get stuck.

Again, not doubting you but sometimes in the heat of the moment and passions boiling along with fear we can forget simple reason.

What Im asking for is a another way of handling this without resorting to phyical violence. I need something bad, maybe giving them salmonella poisoning or something along those lines.

Since you can't prove it who would you 'do' against anyway? Unless someone sends you a note that they were responsible, you see them on tape, you hear them laughing as you walk by? Really? Most underhanded bullies are just idiots and again, unless you've made someone really mad, this sounds like a mistake or a isolated incident. If MORE happens, it will be time to react, but, at the moment, just hug your puss and your GF and be thankful you're all alive and with each other.

People If you have nothing constructive to add please dont post, this wasnt an accident or anything like that someone did this on purpose!!!

Ok I'll ask again. What makes you think this was intentional? Sorry I didn't read this part until the end, but again, why are you so sure this was a deliberate act? Maybe we need more information from you?

peace
edit on 28-4-2011 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Well, if it is your roommate, either throw him/her out or get yourself a new flat. I personally would not be able to live anywhere near a person who would even conceive hurting an innocent animal for the heck of it. Review the proof before doing anything rash..

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I think if my dog got stuck on my roof I would feel the same, from your description this sounds about the same. Here I would call the "officials" but as you state that would be useless. I am not sure what I would do if there was no valid outlet to compensate for this. I guess breath be grateful space kitty is ok and then find out who it is. If on the feed it looks like malicious intent you could address it a a personal threat and take it to authorities that way.

Good Luck

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by YoungMind92

In my opinion You're a very cruel person if you want to harm somebody else for revenge, That makes you just as bad!.
So what you're saying is...we shouldn't "get revenge" on people by sending them to jail when they commit a crime? Or would you call that justice? Really...what is the difference between justice and revenge? Honestly, I would rather be poisoned than spend a day in prison...yet we call it justice when we make someone spend years in prison for breaking stupid laws...and then when someone makes another living being suffer there are no laws to cover it? I say make the son of a b**** suffer...just make sure he doesn't die.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Take your kitten to the vet to get checked....Wait to view the tape....if it is one of your "friends", make them pay the vet bill, then kick their sorry butt out on the street, never to return! Or move, but DO NOT live with them anymore if this is true. Then keep the kitten inside all the time. I never let my cats outside, just because of cruel people and as others said above, they can get themselves into some real trouble....that's where the saying "curiosity killed the cat" came from. I hope kitty is ok.....and many curses to the person who did it (if indeed it was deliberate)
edit on 28-4-2011 by StealthyKat because: sp

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff

if you really have some attachment to cats you need to leave this country and go to one where your cat won't be mistreated. if cats are viewed as vermain in this country you cant expect people to change to how you want them to be. you cant expect a country to change its attitude because you have decided to live there.

nonresistance , nonjudgemnet , nonattachment.

try this on for size , its free to view

www.earthlings.com...

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
I agree with all of you violence isnt the answer which is the reason for the post, if I could go to the police I would but even in Oz where animal cruelty laws are strong the person would barely get a slap on the wrist.

Ill repeat this again THERE IS NO WAY THE CAT DID IT HIMSELF!!!!!! its a 4 month old kitten who can barely get 2 foot in the air when his jumping for food and he was left hanging above an 8 foot door. and no there was no way he could have climbed up as theres nothing to climb on.

Ive thrown my fists around twice in my life and both times were when I was attacked without provocation so Im not a violent person. Cruelty to animals is something I just cant tolerate and the person needs to be punished in some way.

I really dont want to hear that Im a bad person or sick or anything like that, what I would like is something painfull or really annoying or prefferably both that is non lethal that I can do to this person before I kick there ass outta my house. I realise this isnt what the sites for and having had a chance to calm down I no longer feel like smashing heads but for hurting and trying to kill my cat I wanna do something that will make them think twice before hurting another animal.

I realise also that Im not 100% all there right now but in my defence this is the rant forum and Im ranting so Im in the right place.

P.s Kitty is fine, he was a bit shaken when he first came down but was back to his normal self in a few minutes so no need for a vet luckily.

P.p.s yes I know his fine and some of you will say I should forget it but there is no way thats happening

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnySeagull

Its a muslim country and people here have issues with dogs not cats, most families have a cat if not several.
This is a sick individual not a community mentality.

I seriously cant believe that you even bothered to post that, [[snip]]

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by CanYouHandleTheTruth

Cheers dude,

Im glad someone else sees my point of view, any ideas on how I can do what needs to be done?

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Get him drunk, then when he passes out, write "I abuse kittens" across his forehead with something that won't wash off
But be sure you have proof they did it.....then kick his butt out

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

The lattice work is only above the door not on the sides so it couldnt have climbed up.
THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO WAY THE CAT COULD HAVE GOT THERE BY HIMSELF..

I need to calm down so Im gonna go to the gym then get some dinner, get to bed early, view the footage at 7 am then plot how Im gonna make the sick twisted #@^ suffer for awhile before I toss his sh!t out of our 4 floor balcony and tell him if I see him again Ill seriously hurt him.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

LOL I like that your thinking outside the box but I still need something a bit more malicious.

damn!!!! I am starting to sound like a horrible person

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff
reply to post by JohnySeagull

Its a muslim country and people here have issues with dogs not cats, most families have a cat if not several.
This is a sick individual not a community mentality.

I seriously cant believe that you even bothered to post that,[[snip]]

Yes of course I am an idiot.

Keep those blinkers on.

www.messybeast.com...
edit on Thu Apr 28 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join