It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why was there no report on this?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Between September 6 and 10, Wall Street was hit with a massive wave of shortselling shares of United Airlines and American Airlines stock. Short selling is a bet that the value of a stock will decline. When the value of those stocks plummeted after the attack, those who had done this stood to make a gain of eight-hundred percent.4 It was obvious that someone had inside knowledge. The CIA routinely monitors stock market movements and, by Sept 8, the agency was aware that something very unhealthy was planned for the airlines.

What did the CIA report say about this after 9/11?

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 09:23 AM
link   
After 911 there were reports of this, I thought that it was gnerated out of several mutual fund houses and not individual traders. It would have been a smart way to raise money for a terrorist org though

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 01:30 PM
link   
This is just one more suspicious thing that was just waved off as coincidence. Nothing to see here...move along.
How much you want to bet someone connected to the Bush family profited from it?

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 01:36 PM
link   
There is a lot of contriversy(spelling) on the whole 9/11 situation. I dont think the gov. knew it was going to happen they just knew Something was going to happen. I feel that the media and inside officials for the gov. will always keep this topic running around in circles. Dont expect another"terrorist" attack inside the united states.

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Yeah but it wasnt the "goverment" that actioned the 9/11 attacks i believe
it was "The goverment" ya know the real people who are running the country not Bush and his colleagues they are just puppets for a more secret organization. 9/11 was an inside job without a doubt there is so much evidence out there not to believe it. I would not be surprised if the
bush family made a nice few million out of it myself.

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 02:05 PM
link   
There were some reports of unusual trading very soon after 911.

International Policy Institute for Counter-Terrorism
* Between September 6 and 7, the Chicago Board Options Exchange saw purchases of 4,744 put options on United Airlines, but only 396 call options. Although there was no news at that time to justify so much "left-handed" trading, United Airlines stock fell 42 percent, from $30.82 per share to $17.50, when the market reopened after the attacks. Assuming that 4,000 of the options were bought by people with advance knowledge of the imminent attacks, these "insiders" would have profited by almost $5 million.

* On September 10, 4,516 put options on American Airlines were bought on the Chicago exchange, compared to only 748 calls. Again, there was no news at that point to justify this imbalance; but American Airlines stock fell 39 percent, from $29.70 to $18.00 per share, when the market reopened. Again, assuming that 4,000 of these options trades represent "insiders," they would represent a gain of about $4 million.

* No similar trading in other airlines occurred on the Chicago exchange in the days immediately preceding Black Tuesday.

* Morgan Stanley Dean Witter & Co., which occupied 22 floors of the World Trade Center, saw 2,157 of its October $45.00 put options bought in the three trading days before Black Tuesday; this compares to an average of 27 contracts per day before September 6. Morgan Stanley's share price fell from $48.90 to $42.50 in the aftermath of the attacks. Assuming that 2,000 of these options contracts were bought based upon knowledge of the approaching attacks, their purchasers could have profited by at least $1.2 million.

* Merrill Lynch & Co., with headquarters near the Twin Towers, saw 12,215 October $45.00 put options bought in the four trading days before the attacks; the previous average volume in these options had been 252 contracts per day. When trading resumed, Merrill's shares fell from $46.88 to $41.50; assuming that 11,000 option contracts were bought by "insiders," their profit would have been about $5.5 million.

* European regulators are examing trades in Germany's Munich Re, Switzerland's Swiss Re, and AXA of France, all major reinsurers with exposure to the Black Tuesday disaster. (Swiss Re estimates that its exposure will be $730 million; Munich Re expects to pay out as much as $903 million.) It is not clear if any trades in these stocks ring alarm bells; and some negative earnings news announced shortly before the attacks means that a certain amount of unusual selling may have been a normal market reaction and not anything more sinister.

* Amsterdam traders have noted that there was unusual trading activity in KLM Royal Dutch Airlines put options before the attacks.

The SEC conducted an investigation and it said no one who had advance knowledge of the September 11 attacks traded on the basis of that information.
www.economicbriefing.com...

Sounds like BS to me.
It sure seems like someone knew.

[edit on 29-7-2004 by AceOfBase]

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Here are some other good articles on this:

CIA EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR "BUZZY" KRONGARD
MANAGED FIRM THAT HANDLED "PUT" OPTIONS ON UAL
www.fromthewilderness.com...

PROFITS OF DEATH -- INSIDER TRADING AND 9-11
www.fromthewilderness.com...

"What one group was holding tens of thousands of short positions going into 911 that reaped about 250 billion dollars in the blink of an eye? Hint! Begins with a G and ends with a T."
"For three months prior and going into 911 the government investment funds had increased their short positions to the largest diversified short positions ever held by them."
cafr1.com...

BTW, could you please edit the title of this thread?
It's not very descriptive, I almost didn't click on it.
Maybe you could add "911 insider trading" to it.

top topics

join