It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's NEW Birth Certificate proven to be fake hours after release

page: 54
<< 51  52  53    55  56  57 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by iamaperson

Google OCR
secondline

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by General.Lee
Ok, I'm not a graphics guru, but just out of curiosity I imported the "official" White House image into GIMP. It took me exactly 2 seconds to spot this. This is laughable. I think Barrack's youngest daughter must have put this together.

Eh, why would Barrack's daughter make the r of Barack faint?

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destiny Of Souls

Originally posted by Subjective Truth
. I personally think this is a coordinated attack to sway the truth.

Yes, someone that's been on the forums more than double the time you have is apart of some coordinated attack. Good lord man, are you serious?

Sadly, this is what ATS has devolved into. It used to be a gathering of intelligent, critical minded people scrutinizing things that rationally didn't seem right.

Now it's a den full of paranoid people that won't believe anything except crap that matches their mentality.

It's honestly sad to see what's happened.

You would think that in all your time on ATS that calling people stupid for what they believe is the wrong approach. I think I hit the nail on the head with this and the health care debate. It is almost scripted it is that obvious. Maybe you are not part of it but I am sure others are.

I always look for personal attacks that is the red flag for me. And your post was a personal attack was it not? Why not just stick to the facts?
edit on 28-4-2011 by Subjective Truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Perplexity

Google OCR
secondline

Why?
Second line

link   
These threads need to stop. He's already our president, I don't even understand the pure ridiculousness of this theory, let's let some actually interesting threads headline the homepage for once.

link   
reply to post by Perplexity

The R is faded in the White House provided document.
His program didn't do that.

Just goes to show how far the desperate Obamanauts are willing to go for Barry.
edit on 28-4-2011 by Byteman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
The government doesnt need to spend a lot of time on making sure you cant tell its fake because they realize that the general public is stupid enough to accept whatever they tell them, and that they will never believe the ones who cry "Foul".

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by esteay812

Unfortunatly I didnt save it!

Very strange indeed

Edit:
Heres another video:

edit on 28-4-2011 by Fett Pinkus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by iamaperson
Exactly, but you see, I have scanned documents before, but I suppose it depends on the scanners and programs you use, my one doesn't create different layers. I suppose your one does?

The fact that the document so obviously appears fake is one of the greatest mysteries, we all know that if anyone wanted to fake anything they would do it properly, and merging layers is not hard at all, this is one of the reasons I don't think its fake, but I am unsure how the different layers occurred.

That's the problem, it boils down to what software you're using.

Expensive scanners using expensive software, like I'm sure the White House has, come with built-in OCR software. I wouldn't be surprised to see all scanners in the next 5-10 years with OCR built-in, even with the cheap stuff.

Some PDR creation software has OCR, some don't, but most expensive software does. There's also a couple of free programs with OCR.

The point is, if you don't go in and manually turn OCR off in the scanner/creation software, then it's going to use it. OCR recognizes text in the image, it breaks it down to editable text in layers, and there you have it.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Bonified Ween

shoot I posted this on facebook almost instantly on the whitehouse facebook comments for the article. They took a scanned image and added transparency using the layer options in photoshop. Then they stuck the resultant image over on top of the green background. Had they blended the background into the lettering better maybe I wouldn't have noticed it right away but even the corner there indicates it's a photocopy, same thing with the noise in what is supposed to be solid black.

Then there's those curious signatures you pointed out how they don't have the same artifact --> that is because indeed they are a different layer. As for the stamps, I have no clue but seeing as they have the white border I would suspect that they are legitimate enough. Whatever has the border came from the original document and whatever does not didn't, simple as that. I know the tell tale signs of photoshop when I see it, I've used this software enough to spot an obviously doctored image. You people seriously expect me to buy this bait that it closes the book on this? If anything it's convinced me Obama is a fraud.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Subjective Truth

I stuck to the facts in my first post. Your original response went off on a tangent semi-unrelated, so why can't I call the pot black when it's black?

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
A scanned document shouldn't have layers. Whatever that PDF is, it ain't the real deal. I'm playing with it right now and i can put my name there if i want to.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bonified Ween
After much of the excitement for everyone regarding Barry's birth certificate that he spent over 5 million dollars in lawyer fees

The birther lies get larger every day! Now the silly claim is Obama spent over $5 million! Will they ever stop?

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Byteman

That's where this gets comical, I didn't vote for Obama, I never would. I'm not going to get off topic and discuss why I didn't or wouldn't vote for him, but that being said, what else have you got to say? I'm an advocate of eliminating ignorance, and this whole birther movement is filled with nothing but that, pure ignorance. The majority of birthers are Republicans, and it's embarrassing to share the same party with you fools.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by jaden_x
A scanned document shouldn't have layers. Whatever that PDF is, it ain't the real deal. I'm playing with it right now and i can put my name there if i want to.

Lol that's because you don't understand how OCR works. OCR takes text in an image and makes them into editable layers. What you're doing is EXACTLY what it's supposed to do.

It's what a lot of companies use to turn their file archives digital, digitally back up taxes, etc. When they go over it, if they see a spelling error from the original text on the document, they edit it. It's as simple as that.

Scanned documents have layers because of the OCR in good software.
edit on 28-4-2011 by Destiny Of Souls because: Spelling

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Destiny Of Souls

I suppose so. So the theory now is that the OCR initially scanned the document for letters, and separated the different paragraphs into some sort of layers. Then another program was used to just get the images of the picture without the text, which left us with a pdf with multiple layers, but no text. So if I had the software that was used to convert the original pdf into the pdf with just the pictures, I would end up with layers as well, but just with my OCR scanned document, there are no layers.

Oh I see now, and the R in Barack is faded because it wasn't picked up by the OCR, now it all makes sense. So OCR it is then. Someone needs to put the words into a proper conclusive paragraph so us slower ones can finally get this. It is definitely OCR. Thanks

edit on 28.4.11 by iamaperson because: (no reason given)

Hang on, why is a signature in the layer supposedly made by OCR. Signatures shouldn't be picked up, at least on the same layer, should they?
edit on 28.4.11 by iamaperson because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Destiny Of Souls

Don't bother trying, they just won't accept it. These people are the same people who watch the news that caters to their views, view websites that cater to how they think and feel, anything that can intelligently challenge them, they refuse. So they hear Obama's birth certificate is possibly fake, so they hit the interwebz and find someone with a shred of credibility challenging the document, and just spit out the same recycled garbage over and over.

Never gets old.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by jaden_x

yeah I want a 1 layer image only with no obvious artifacts. Furthermore, I want this document presented for in-dept analysis and carbon dating. I am not buying this crap. I don't wanna throw out insults but seriously if you people buy this you are so god damned gullible I hope the eugenecists fix this idiocracy you are creating for us all to endure.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bonified Ween

Originally posted by meeneecat
reply to post by Bonified Ween

So first of all, I do see what you are referring too...So, here's what I see going on, there's actually two possibilities...as someone already pointed out, the registrar, in order to release the birth certificate, needs to include a stamp showing that their office signed off on it.
To get the multiple elements, as someone already explained, they pull out the book, turn to the page where Obama's certificate is (center element), place a frame around it containing images of the seal and the sign off (surrounding elements), either physically or digitally to signify that the office is officially releasing the record.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8db479cbfc4f.jpg[/atsimg]

These are the multiple elements and you can see them clearly in the file. Also, depending on the software used to scan the document, some programs automatically will separate the different elements, for example, some programs will recognize the text and create a separate element so that the text can be "searchable". I'm not sure what program was used to do this...I'm going to do some more research and see, because just in my short time searching online, I've already seen several explanations that are perfectly reasonable explain the layers. Furthermore, if Obama were going to create a fake document, the person creating would know enough to hide any "evidence".

See two possible explanations here, and here

So it took you an hour to learn how to use Clipping Masks. Congrats. Your explanations fail and your first attempt to debunk the thread failed. Clearly you don't have a clue what your doing or talking about. Now go troll another thread. People keep pointing the finger its OCR its OCR, well OCR works for searchable TEXT layers. These are IMAGE layers. Meaning that these were not OCR ever, at all. I considered it for a brief time, until I read into the OCR process and how it works. Now move along and keep searching the internet. And this thread has really brought the stars out tonight, really.

edit on 28-4-2011 by Bonified Ween because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-4-2011 by Bonified Ween because: (no reason given)

I did not take an hour to look at clipping masks, I was looking into other possibilities before assuming it's a "conspiracy" as is generally done by skeptics...I was also playing a video game that I was in the middle of. Geez. Way to be rude about it though.

My first post was a response to me just scanning through the comments and images...I actually didn't read the thread very carefully, saw the blue boxes, and assumed they were layers...I even said in that post that "i didn't look through the whole thread" yet. So that was my fault for hastily posting a response. However, the analysis still stands. The different objects show up in the "links" pallet as embedded images. And one possible explanation for them not showing up as text layers, would be due to the fact Hawaii digitized all their birth records some time ago, and no longer keeps paper documents. This would be why they needed to use OCR, so that the database could be searchable...So when someone makes a request, they are able to scan the database, pull up the file (which has the different separate elements, the text, and the background image "the part outside the box", as well as the electronic signature, stamp and dates), and then import the elements into Adobe and combine them (this is probably where the text could have been rasterized if it hadn't been already).

As I said before, you can clearly see that these elements are in fact the certification (date, signature, stamp) from the official when they released the document. It's pretty obvious that text recognition was used and then the pieces (the image background, the text, and the electronic signature) put together and converted into a PDF. Again, if you look at the "ghost text" (the white) everything except for the signature and one or two letters is removed, exactly what you would expect from an imperfect text recognition software...If you zoom in on the white text, you can see nothing has been changed...there is nothing "nefarious" here at all. In fact it's completely predictable...it's probably standard on all digital requests from Hawaii.

Again, I don't know how Hawaii processes it's claims exactly, but based on the information, one can assume that it's probably similar to what I described. It's really not that "nefarious", and deferring to Occam, it's also the simplest answer...no "conspiracy". But hey, if you want to be rude to me and call me a "troll". whatever. I am not the only one to have come to this conclusion.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   

I wouldn't use OCR as defense, this document is not valid till it is scanned with the OCR off, let's see if that white crap disappears with a new scan. Of course they will wait weeks before bothering, even though I could probably photoshop something better within less than an hour.

And NEVERMIND THAT he's right they were never OCR in the first place, which means this image is totally doctored and the president should be impeached for such a brazen lie.
edit on 28-4-2011 by TheLastStand because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 51  52  53    55  56  57 >>

join