It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA has Released Info on Brown Dwarf Star Between Jupiter and Mars

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
leonid elenin does have a daughter and i have a picture of him with her - that i can't share, too private - so he's eithe ra real guy, a real guy who didn't discover the comet but was given credit, or a real guy with a fake name

and if it's that he has a fake name, they would have started to create that trace back to 2007 - so very meticulous on nasa/govt part, there are some very obscure details on leonid elenin from before the comet discovery

so i think if there is a conspiracy, he IS a real guy, but was given credit for comet discovery wrongfully

seems a stretch ! then again, if they WERE gonna cover something like this up and put out some kind of red herring/alarm...they probably would go to great efforts to create this personality and get him to interact with skeptics ?
edit on 27-4-2011 by ufoinquirer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ufoinquirer
leonid elenin does have a daughter and i have a picture of him with her - that i can't share, too private - so he's eithe ra real guy, a real guy who didn't discover the comet but was given credit, or a real guy with a fake name

He has a Russian name that has been "translated" to English for the sake of naming the comet, who translated it for him or why is subjective as there is no information as far as I can tell about that.

I believe he is a real man, I don't however believe he discovered and the comet and I don't believe his name could be that huge of a coincidence...

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ufoinquirer

You are correct sir, things will start to get worse as the object becomes closer too us. I don't feel all the time I need to defend my position on this subject because those on one side of the camp or another are not going to agree and it is sort of pointless because we will all know the truth very soon.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helious

You don't find the data in your own post kinda strange...... At all? You know the Japan earthquake was predicted very accurately using NASA trajectory information right? There is going to be a 3-5 day window but your own data speaks to the fact that the object is related to all three.

With as many variables and possibilities that exist, even the unknown variables, how does one make a connection with only one single event such as you are describing and connect it as the sole cause? I see your method, but in order to do something like that, we would need a long history to make accurate comparisons. One snap shot in time, does not tell the full story.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

He has a Russian name that has been "translated" to English for the sake of naming the comet, who translated it for him or why is subjective as there is no information as far as I can tell about that.

I believe he is a real man, I don't however believe he discovered and the comet and I don't believe his name could be that huge of a coincidence...

yep and he originally went by his russian name before setting up his blog that eventually tracked the discovery

if you look up leonid in russian on wikipedia, you get same story of meteor shower but i don't know what that name would mean to russianas in general (like if they would notice the significance)

i don't know why leonid won't comment on his name, or why he doesn't like to communicate on fb with me in russian, or why no one's met him that i've talked to, but of course alll these things could be explained away due to cultural differences and just persaonlity quirks of leonid

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

Good find, if the system can detect Brown Dwarf 18 light years out then it shouldn't have a problem picking one up in out system if there is one.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Silverado292

Well it seems the new Opera version isn't quite compatible with ATS, can't change the errors in the above post

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mactire
Would the gravitational effect be greater when the alignment was occuring, or during the "release" when the alignment passes? Probably the latter.
In essence, wouldn't it be likely that an earthquake resulting from some celestial gravitational anomaly be greater at the moment of release, say a day(+) after the alignment?
If you string a bunch of windchimes onto a rope and slowly pull the rope taut, they'll swing a bit, but the real "music" happens at that tiny flinch when that tension is released.
edit on 27-4-2011 by Mactire because: (no reason given)
There is no "tension," or "release" or anything like that. It's not like an "alignment" increases the total force of gravity. It's always there.

And your car probably has more gravitational influence on the Earth than Elenin will:

Elenin is estimated to be about 3 to 5 km in diameter. Comets have a density around 0.6 g/cm^3 (or 6 * 10^11 kg/km^3). So if we assume Elenin's diameter to be 5 km, it would have a volume around 65.4498 km^3. So it would have a mass of 65.4498 km^3 * 6 * 10^11 kg/km^3 = 3.92699 * 10^13 kg.

The mass of the earth is 5.9742 * 10^24 kg. We'll say your car weighs 2000 kg.

The gravitational force between two objects is (G*m1*m2)/(r^2) where G is the gravitational constant (6.67 * 10^-11 m^3/(kg s^2)), m1 is the mass of the first object, m2 is the mass of the second object, and r is distance between their centers of mass.

At the time of the Christchurch earthquake, Elenin was about 904,856,192,000 m away. So there would have been a gravitational force between the comet and Earth of about 19,112 N. Your car, on surface of the Earth at a distance of about 6,378,000 m from the center of the Earth, would have a gravitational force of about 19,591 N.

So where were you parked that day?

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by nataylor

Originally posted by Mactire
Would the gravitational effect be greater when the alignment was occuring, or during the "release" when the alignment passes? Probably the latter.
In essence, wouldn't it be likely that an earthquake resulting from some celestial gravitational anomaly be greater at the moment of release, say a day(+) after the alignment?
If you string a bunch of windchimes onto a rope and slowly pull the rope taut, they'll swing a bit, but the real "music" happens at that tiny flinch when that tension is released.
edit on 27-4-2011 by Mactire because: (no reason given)
There is no "tension," or "release" or anything like that. It's not like an "alignment" increases the total force of gravity. It's always there.

And your car probably has more gravitational influence on the Earth than Elenin will:

Elenin is estimated to be about 3 to 5 km in diameter. Comets have a density around 0.6 g/cm^3 (or 6 * 10^11 kg/km^3). So if we assume Elenin's diameter to be 5 km, it would have a volume around 65.4498 km^3. So it would have a mass of 65.4498 km^3 * 6 * 10^11 kg/km^3 = 3.92699 * 10^13 kg.

The mass of the earth is 5.9742 * 10^24 kg. We'll say your car weighs 2000 kg.

The gravitational force between two objects is (G*m1*m2)/(r^2) where G is the gravitational constant (6.67 * 10^-11 m^3/(kg s^2)), m1 is the mass of the first object, m2 is the mass of the second object, and r is distance between their centers of mass.

At the time of the Christchurch earthquake, Elenin was about 904,856,192,000 m away. So there would have been a gravitational force between the comet and Earth of about 19,112 N. Your car, on surface of the Earth at a distance of about 6,378,000 m from the center of the Earth, would have a gravitational force of about 19,591 N.

So where were you parked that day?

assuming we're begin told the truth about the comet and its size and about things trailing behind, perhaps even very far behind

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

1. Animal die offs have occurred in the past as well. They were not connected with a doomsday event.

2. NASA is actually saying that the solar maximum is going to be very tame and that it won't occur until spring 2013.

3. WISE was shut down because its mission was over. It ran out of coolant that allowed for its instruments to function. In fact, not only was it not shut down early it actually ran for an extra four months.

4. A mathematical analysis of earthquakes and volcanoes shows that there is no increased activity.

5. Floods occur. This is nothing new.

6. I have no idea what you're referring to here. Would you care to elaborate?

7. As far as I have found, no ancient cultures claimed this planet exists. All of these claims can be traced to modern New Age writers. However, feel free to prove me wrong.

8. No evidence has ever been found to support a world wide flood. Once again though, localized flooding is a common occurrence and could easily be inspiration for flood myths.

9. Pangaea broke apart due to plate tectonics. The same happened to Vaalbara, Kenorland, Columbia, and Rodinia. The asteroid belt formed due to planetesimals being unable to form an actual planet due to perturbations from Jupiter's gravity. As for Uranus, the leading theory is that a protoplanet collided with it during the formation of the solar system.

10. Our solar system is already an exception from what we know. We are the only solar system to possess life from what we've seen. Furthermore, a G-class star's companion tends to be comparable in size, mass, and spectral class. Therefore, if our solar system was binary a brown dwarf, or any other kind of dwarf, would be unlikely.

11. This has been answered time and again. It is simply missing data caused by how the photos are stitched together. One can download the relevant area, or simply use another program where the area is not blacked out.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ufoinquirer

He doesn't speak with you in Russian because you use Google Translate to convert what you want to say. This causes all kinds of problems with grammar and syntax making it difficult to understand.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   

if you look up leonid in russian on wikipedia, you get same story of meteor shower but i don't know what that name would mean to russianas in general (like if they would notice the significance)

In Russian, Leonid is the same as George is in America. As in Brezhnev and Bush

This obsession with trying to find an obscure meaning to a very common first name is quite bizarre really. Maybe a result of tinfoil contamination?

I bet there are more Leonids in Russia than Georges in America. But then, why should any American be named after a former Soviet State, Georgia?

edit on 27-4-2011 by Essan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by nataylor

I wasn't really referring to Elenin as much as the presence of a larger unseen or "classified" object.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

You don't find the data in your own post kinda strange...... At all? You know the Japan earthquake was predicted very accurately using NASA trajectory information right? There is going to be a 3-5 day window but your own data speaks to the fact that the object is related to all three.
Well, the first lesson of science is that correlation does not equal causation, but...

There's a wiggle room for up to 3° of separation, then? Well, if you're only considering a 2D plane (which seems most people do), you're actually dealing with "windows" of up to 8 days. In 2010, there were 22 earthquakes that were 7+. So, plus or minus 4 days from any of those dates gives a total of 176 days, out of 365 (48%), where you could have some kind of "alignment" within 3° and have an 7+ earthquake. That's just slightly lower odds than flipping a coin. Not that impressive.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by nataylor

Simply not true:

At 06:34:14 UTC on February 27, 2010, the time of the 8.8 Chile earthquake, the Earth and Elenin were separated by about 1° 04' 07" viewed from the sun. Elenin was actually most closely aligned with the Earth at only 0° 25' 21" of separation, at 05:20 UTC on February 26. 2010, or 1 day, 6 hours, and 14 minutes earlier.

Then there were 11 more earthquakes of 7.0 or higher.

At 16:35:46 UTC on September 03, 2010, the time of the 7.0 Christchurch earthquake, the Sun and Elenin were separated by about 1° 16' 38" viewed from Earth. Elenin was actually most closely aligned with the sun at only 0° 30' 22" at 04:35 UTC on September 05, 2010, or 1 day, 11 hours, and 59 minutes later.

Then there were 9 more earthquakes of 7.0 or higher.

At 05:46:23 UTC on March 11, 2011, the time of the 9.0 Japan earthquake, the Earth and Elenin were separated by about 3° 00' 00" viewed from the sun. Elenin was actually most closely aligned with the Earth at at only 0° 54' 21" at 13:00 UTC on March 14, 2011, or 3 day, 7 hours, and 14 minutes later.

yeah and i would imagine the closer the comet gets, the precise patterns of alignment will vary -- i mean just think about it logically speaking : ) damage will get worse, earthquake activity will be worse which could also affect order of chain of events here on earth
Except that's not what we see. The first Earthquake, when Elenin was most distance, was 8.8. The second earthquake, when Elenin was much closer, was over 500 times less energy of the first one.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by topdog30

lol, apparently you couldn't even tell who you were responding to. i was quite clearly saying the same thing you are. thanks for that though

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Avyuir

Um I didn't read any of the replies but please tell me we're not all going to die...?

Every single one of us ARE going to die, it may not be a comet hitting the earth but at some point in the future we will all die.

I don't normally make predictions but I feel pretty confident with this one.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by SpectrumSeven

I believe you are right about "mass fear", as I told one of my neighbors about the brown dwarf possibility and he has run high and wide telling everyone he knows about it, out of fear. I know if there really is a star/planet out there, which in my personal opinion and research made me believe there is, mass panic is EXACTLY why the authorities have not said aye or ney about it. Just watch people's reactions. Scary stuff if you are not spiritually prepared.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   

so what's interesting is if there is a cover up, we're kind of spinning our wheels trying to find evidence...so we'd have to look at evidnec eof cover up

i think it's weird youtube.com/9nania has not made a single post featuring her face or voice, you know she's aware of all the conspiracy around her

do you think she just wants people to think her account was taken over?

and that astropilot guy or whatever his name was, the pro-nibiru astronomy dude, all his stuff got removed...on GLP someone posted that he was arrested for sex crime...but it's like, why remove all the videos under your anonymous name along with being arrested ??

biggest sign of no cover up?
leonid elenin is CRAZY accessible and has even talked to me about all the conspiracy theories, haha, here's the latest:
Fun read, just sharing : ) - www.nasa.gov...
NASA - Can WISE Find the Hypothetical 'Tyche'?
www.nasa.gov

Leonid Elenin
Yes, hypothesis about hypothetical object

oh of course ! i just thought it would be a fun read for an astronomer : ) that we may indeed have a sun companion out there

only thing that annoys me is even though i was able to get into contact with many of his peers, and he hast races back to 2007, i can't find anyone who's MET the guy and he won't tell me why his parents named him that

Why don't you visit the grave of Leonid Brezhnev and ask him why he was called that?

And I found several other people with the surname of Elenin.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Okay so this is my first post after lurking for some months. So as to the article, it's very very interesting. A fantastic find if it can all be verified.

But I think many people did not actually read the information. This isn't some planet killing Star, or planet, or even comets.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join