It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA has Released Info on Brown Dwarf Star Between Jupiter and Mars

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Nothing is going to happen, all the things going on is NORMAL. A few tornadoes now and then, maybe a meteor show once and awhile, a few volcanoes and sunamys. This activity is normal, nothing to worry about people. This kind of stuff happens all the time. No worries, ok, go back to sleep. You people worry to much over nothing at all.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
It says:

So far, the mission's discoveries of previously unknown objects include an ultra-cold star or brown dwarf, 20 comets, 134 near-Earth objects (NEOs), and more than 33,000 asteroids in the main belt between Mars and Jupiter.

It is referring to the asteroid belt between Mars and Jupiter. WISE has discovered what may be a brown dwarf, but not in the asteroid belt. The brown dwarf is 18 - 30 light years away. (See: wise.ssl.berkeley.edu... )

It then goes on to talk about how WISE may discover proof of a hypothesized planet, Tyche, in the Oort cloud, which is nowhere near "between the orbits of Jupiter and Mars," and is separate from the brown dwarf, which is in turn separate from the asteroids discovered in the belt.

This article does not say anything about a brown dwarf between Jupiter and Mars.
edit on 4/27/2011 by AceWombat04 because: Typo and CLARIFICATION

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Please forgive this post.. It seems that you must post 20 times before you can start
your own thread... So, I apoligize for this generic message but I have something to
say in my own thread... take it ease...

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

I say that it is a poorly written sentence and it likely means that all those things were found, but not all between Mars and Jupiter.

ETA: ltinycdancerg nailed it on page 1. I replied too soon.
edit on 27-4-2011 by InvisibleAlbatross because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by felonius

Well, depends on the impending disaster:

If it's a local event then probably try to help my family and others, give support in every way I can help and simply continue on with life as usual.

However, if it's an ELE event, I am outer here.

Thanks for asking,

Peace

edit on 27-4-2011 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
THERES NO WAY IN HELL THAT A DWARF STAR COULD GO UNDETECTED OR EVEN FIT BETWEEN THOSE TWO PLANETS!!

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Razz123

Um....the article talks about asteroids between Mars and Jupiter, not the brown dwarf.....

Interesting mission, but a star, in between two planets? Think about it. Not possible.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
From reading various posts concerning this supposed binary companion of our sun, I get the understanding that its not the companion itself that is the concern, since it may only come close enough to our star system as the ort cloud which would not have any gravitational effects on our inner solar system. Seems that the concern is it disturbs comets in the cloud as it passes by, and some of these comets are sent on orbits that bring them into the inner solar system and one or more of them hit earth around every 26 million years, which we are overdue for now. So the comets are possibly the real danger not the brown dwarf itself. A comet coming in would definitely be a disaster, which ties into comet elenin.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Helious

11.) Why are parts of google sky blacked out?

When the above is part of your argument, it should be considered null and void. Besides, it's not like Google Sky is shown in REAL TIME.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Debunkers always win smh..
......makes an whole interesting concept boring..lol

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   
As cool as this would be if it played out like the OP's thread title, I am also reading it as if the Brown Dwarf is an "Ultra Cold" variant they had not discovered before. As part of the objects found outside our solar system. Plus, dwarf or not, anything that large would have re-arranged our solar system millions of years ago.
edit on 28-4-2011 by CuriousR because: Added to post to clarify statement.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by kd1399

i think the 20 post minimum is to stop people like U starting new threads...

do U really think U have something SO important to say ,
that U cannot find a relevant thread to post it in...???

i cant wait !!!

seeya

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by shaneR

Good way to bash someone that you dont know, He may have evidence that could change the world you never know.,,I swear some people.

oh and this was nailed way back on the first page, it's a misunderstanding and OP needs to change title of thread.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Razz123

NASA coming out with this news as in the hypothetical sense, could be because there's some PDF's out there about Elenin written by Dr. Mensur Omerbashich Ph. D. and a few others sites.google.com... and their trying to save face when SHTF and the truth becomes known. Here's where you can download those PDF's, get it while it's still there. lanl.arxiv.org...:+elenin/0/1/0/all/0/1
Thanks to this youtuber that got a link sent to her.

edit on 28-4-2011 by hawaii50th because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by ltinycdancerg

Amazing. I wish I had half the intelligence/knowledge you have! You must have some interesting stories to tell. I look forward to more of your threads.

Whoops, i didn't include your quote on my reply! Sorry I'm new!!
re: Credentials
edit on 28-4-2011 by coffskiwi because: Didn't include quote

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   

edit on 28-4-2011 by Nobama because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nobama
reply to post by hawaii50th

I hate these youtube videos, so attempted to find the source of her information (which happened to be in the videos description) anyways that link takes you to a section that has been removed. hm anyone else have what was on this page at one point?

Clickie
edit on 28-4-2011 by Nobama because: (no reason given)

Not sure what you mean, everything is still there, just click on PDF and it's there. You can even go to youtube and click on the links she provided, everything is all there.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by hawaii50th

Yea I had the link wrong when I first clicked it, it's all good.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   
I had my heart in my mouth until I went to the link and realised the OP had misunderstood the news.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Sorry I"m a little sleepy atm , but how did the OP start a new thread with only 10 total post?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join