It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA has Released Info on Brown Dwarf Star Between Jupiter and Mars

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ufoinquirer

It was highlighted because it is the coldest Brown Dwarf to have been found. As my links above talk about, it is only about 100 C/ 212 F degrees.

Again they say it is 75 light years away from earth.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mythos13
reply to post by ufoinquirer

It was highlighted because it is the coldest Brown Dwarf to have been found. As my links above talk about, it is only about 100 C/ 212 F degrees.

Again they say it is 75 light years away from earth.

Still, NASA mentions NEO's, Asteroids bet. Mars and Jupiter, and this one cold brown dwarf.

This one may be a new brown dwarf they found most recently and they're not giving away much details about its size nor whereabouts yet.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Razz123

It doesn't say that the brown dwarf found by WISE was inside the orbit of Jupiter at all.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by chosonone

In the same atricle i posted the link too there is another ultra-cold brown dwarf that the Spitzer found, 63 light years from Earth.

So, the potential Spitzer discovery of an "ultra-cold" brown dwarf has excited scientists even more. Spitzer's candidate brown dwarf, detected 63 light-years from Earth with a mass of approximately seven times the mass of Jupiter, appears to have a temperature of 30 degrees Celsius (86 F)

Interestingly, WD 0806-661B orbits a white dwarf star (called, unsurprisingly, WD 0806-661) and could be considered an exoplanet. But it orbits at a huge distance: 2,500 AU -- or 2,500 times the distance between the sun and Earth.

Source

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by chosonone
This one may be a new brown dwarf they found most recently and they're not giving away much details about its size nor whereabouts yet.
WISE has only officially discovered one confirmed brown dwarf. Here is the press release, from November 9, 2010. And here is the paper about the discovery published in the January, 2011 issue of the Astrophysical Journal. It has discovered many other brown dwarf candidates, but none have been confirmed by other observations and had the results published.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by chosonone

come on now if there was a brown dwarf between mars and jupiter and it is supposildy 4x the size of jupiter as all the people who claim its existence say

i don't care how cold it is it would still be visible...

Scientists using the Submillimeter Array have recently discovered that Pluto's temperature is about 43 K (−230 °C), 10 K colder than would otherwise be expected.[84]

pluto is visible and its surface temp is -230 C

Typical atmospheres of known brown dwarfs range in temperature from 2200 down to 750 K

no matter what they are still giving off heat which means that they would be seen through an x-ray source, IE spitzer space telescope, WISE, hubble and CHANDRA

Astronomers have found the coldest known star — a brown dwarf in a double system about as hot as a cup of tea. The discovery blurs the line between small cold stars and large hot planets. The star, CFBDSIR 1458+10B, is the dimmer member of the binary system, about 75 light-years from Earth.

The dimmer of the two dwarfs has now been found to have a temperature of about 100 degrees Celsius, or about 370 K — the boiling point of water, and not much different from the temperature inside a sauna. By comparison the temperature of the surface of the Sun is about 5500 degrees Celsius.

www.universetoday.com...

they were still able to find these brown dwarfs which are over 75 light years away

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illustronic
I'm kind of interested in knowing why there is this camp of people who are hoping for impending doom and the end of their lives. I can really only conclude that playing that card must be a purposeful attempt at spreading disinformation in the hopes of stimulating shock reactions, gathering attention, while under the cover of pretending to be uneducated to appear sincere, as a bit of amusement like trowing raspberries at grandma while hiding behind the couch.

Like all sides of a debate there are always extremes. Let's begin with the Bright Future Optimists.

- These are the people who are completely behind the notion that there is not likely an unseen celestial body wondering through our solar system, and they use known science and physics to make their points clear and sensible. However there are also people in this camp that, not because they understand the science behind it, but because they have plans for the future and/or doubt their religion, or are just in random fearful denial because they fear death so much, HAVE to believe it! "What if there is a wandering Destroyer floating through our system and it hits us!!! Or at the very least raises some Hell and I get killed?" That's what drives this particular extreme in this debate.

Now for the other side of the argument. We'll call them the SHTF Preppers.

-This particular group is also fueled by science, but they tend to sway more towards newer sciences. The kinds that disprove the old knowledge and open doorways for all kinds of celestial trickery, and they are attentive of NASA's finds, but they also look to the past, to the people's of the world that were so obsessed with the stars that they built impossibly complicated monuments and devices for tracking and mapping these "stars", documenting their finds in a manner that would surely last the ages for some future society. The people that wrote stories, accounts, songs, and calendars about an object seen by the whole world at the same time, yet whose people had never met. Do they want anything bad to happen? No. Do they prepare for it anyway? Hell yes they do, because they know you don't wait for the fire to happen before you run to the store to get a fire extinguisher. The "crazies" of this particular group (because like the "chronic denial" crowd from the first group this side has one too), they believe whole heartedly that the end is coming. As strong as the first group is in their denial, this group is counting on there being a "Nemisis". Why? Because they need it. Their lives haven't panned out well, they are the recipients of bad luck, or maybe they're just delusional and have dreams of grandeur where they are the rulers of their own fate with no taxes, rent, or rules to harness them.

The point is, like any group with beliefs (and more than half of any science is belief), there are those who are extreme, and they side with whatever side suits their extremes. Do they do this because they believe in this side's beliefs? No. But it serves their needs, so they follow them and side with them anyway. Kind of like religion that way.

Hope that answers you query.

edit on 27-4-2011 by Mactire because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skewed

Originally posted by Helious

Who is we exactly? There is no...... We, there is....... Them and Us. Nemesis is reported to currently be behind our sun currently, difficult to see, that is why they are watching it from the South Pole. With the distance it is estimated and given nobody knows the exact mass or size of the object, it is impossible to speculate if it's effects currently would have more effect on the Earth at this time greater than we are experiencing right now.

Ok, I can accept that "it" could be out of view and hiding behind sun. Is this the only time we try to study it, when we cant see it? We are moving, in a circle even and we will come around and there will be a point we would or should have line of sight on it. Even then, this thing has been heading this way for years and I cannot help but to think even then, other planets would have anomalies well before Earth would feel them. I am not intentionally trying to debunk any claims here, things just do not seem to be adding up, but I could be wrong, it has happened before.

Here is the problem, using NASA data, we have the New Zealand quake, the Chilean quake and the Japan quake all happening when the Earth, Sun and "comet" Elenin are directly aligned with each other.

A few things too consider along with the above information:

1.) Mass animal die offs, most likely a result from bizarre fluctuations in earths magnetic field.

2.) NASA warns of a potentially disastrous solar storm next year, the size of which modern man has never seen.

3.) NASA deactivates the WISE telescope.

4.) Great amount of increased seismic activity and volcanism across the globe.

5.) 1/3 of the continent of Australia flooding, devastating floods across the US and rampant weather patterns.

6.) Recent strange round globes eerily depicting some kind of destruction placed in many high ranking Illuminati locations.

7.) The fact that so many ancient cultures who lived there entire existence studying the heavens and there mechanics telling us this is going to happen and trying so hard to convey the message through time to us.

8.) The world wide flood that can be found in almost every single religious text.

9.) How and why did Pangea break apart? What caused the asteroid belt? What caused Uranus to spin on it's side?

10.) Why is our solar system the exception and not the rule if we are truly a single star system and not a binary?

11.) Why are parts of google sky blacked out?

These are just a few things to think about, you could probably go one by one and try and debunk them all but my point is when your doing math and things add up like they are, it may be time to forgo MSM and what you think you may know about what NASA tells you is the truth and not try to be an arm chair astrophysicist by saying it would have already ripped our solar system apart.

I only know what my eyes, my ears and my common sense tells me about the world around me and what they are all telling me, NASA is lying and something is about to change, soon.
edit on 27-4-2011 by Helious because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
The whole damn article is old news. I might even brag that I was the first to find this puppy and post it on Putermans thread "Comet Elinen Is coming". Get of my cloud OP!

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
what if the brown dwarf star was WAY behind elenin

but in direct alignment, thus direct alignment with earth on those dates

? is this possible ?

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Here is the problem, using NASA data, we have the New Zealand quake, the Chilean quake and the Japan quake all happening when the Earth, Sun and "comet" Elenin are directly aligned with each other.

Simply not true:

At 06:34:14 UTC on February 27, 2010, the time of the 8.8 Chile earthquake, the Earth and Elenin were separated by about 1° 04' 07" viewed from the sun. Elenin was actually most closely aligned with the Earth at only 0° 25' 21" of separation, at 05:20 UTC on February 26. 2010, or 1 day, 6 hours, and 14 minutes earlier.

Then there were 11 more earthquakes of 7.0 or higher.

At 16:35:46 UTC on September 03, 2010, the time of the 7.0 Christchurch earthquake, the Sun and Elenin were separated by about 1° 16' 38" viewed from Earth. Elenin was actually most closely aligned with the sun at only 0° 30' 22" at 04:35 UTC on September 05, 2010, or 1 day, 11 hours, and 59 minutes later.

Then there were 9 more earthquakes of 7.0 or higher.

At 05:46:23 UTC on March 11, 2011, the time of the 9.0 Japan earthquake, the Earth and Elenin were separated by about 3° 00' 00" viewed from the sun. Elenin was actually most closely aligned with the Earth at at only 0° 54' 21" at 13:00 UTC on March 14, 2011, or 3 day, 7 hours, and 14 minutes later.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by nataylor

But you don't understand. Only earthquakes reported by the tabloid press count. And in terms of astronomical alignment a few million miles - or even light years - here of there makes no difference, especially when it's a comet discovered by a bloke called Elenin rather than Shoemaker or Levy or MacNaught ..... we have to run and panic. Because even though we've done it a million times, one day it might be real.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by nataylor

Would the gravitational effect be greater when the alignment was occuring, or during the "release" when the alignment passes? Probably the latter.
In essence, wouldn't it be likely that an earthquake resulting from some celestial gravitational anomaly be greater at the moment of release, say a day(+) after the alignment?
If you string a bunch of windchimes onto a rope and slowly pull the rope taut, they'll swing a bit, but the real "music" happens at that tiny flinch when that tension is released.
edit on 27-4-2011 by Mactire because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

While your points are fairly valid(with a couple exceptions), still, without enough evidence otherwise one could just as easily say the cause is something else, or even completely normal on a timescale of thousands of years. I must still stick to my guns that if this were the case, other planets would be showing symptoms as well. Maybe they are showing anomalies and maybe they are not, but nevertheless, whatever it may be and if it has any substantial mass, it is not going to go flying through our system and only cause affects on only one planet. I would just like to see what news there is out there pertaining to "strangeness" on other planets that we may be able to see and/or detect.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
i have a question --

when you are looking through a telescope WHEN are you seeing ? what's the delay of light traveling

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
nevermid

an hour delay for jupiter and longer for farther out www.colorado.edu...

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by nataylor

Simply not true:

At 06:34:14 UTC on February 27, 2010, the time of the 8.8 Chile earthquake, the Earth and Elenin were separated by about 1° 04' 07" viewed from the sun. Elenin was actually most closely aligned with the Earth at only 0° 25' 21" of separation, at 05:20 UTC on February 26. 2010, or 1 day, 6 hours, and 14 minutes earlier.

At 16:35:46 UTC on September 03, 2010, the time of the 7.0 Christchurch earthquake, the Sun and Elenin were separated by about 1° 16' 38" viewed from Earth. Elenin was actually most closely aligned with the sun at only 0° 30' 22" at 04:35 UTC on September 05, 2010, or 1 day, 11 hours, and 59 minutes later.

At 05:46:23 UTC on March 11, 2011, the time of the 9.0 Japan earthquake, the Earth and Elenin were separated by about 3° 00' 00" viewed from the sun. Elenin was actually most closely aligned with the Earth at at only 0° 54' 21" at 13:00 UTC on March 14, 2011, or 3 day, 7 hours, and 14 minutes later.

You don't find the data in your own post kinda strange...... At all? You know the Japan earthquake was predicted very accurately using NASA trajectory information right? There is going to be a 3-5 day window but your own data speaks to the fact that the object is related to all three.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
so what's interesting is if there is a cover up, we're kind of spinning our wheels trying to find evidence...so we'd have to look at evidnec eof cover up

i think it's weird youtube.com/9nania has not made a single post featuring her face or voice, you know she's aware of all the conspiracy around her

do you think she just wants people to think her account was taken over?

and that astropilot guy or whatever his name was, the pro-nibiru astronomy dude, all his stuff got removed...on GLP someone posted that he was arrested for sex crime...but it's like, why remove all the videos under your anonymous name along with being arrested ??

biggest sign of no cover up?
leonid elenin is CRAZY accessible and has even talked to me about all the conspiracy theories, haha, here's the latest:
Fun read, just sharing : ) - www.nasa.gov...
NASA - Can WISE Find the Hypothetical 'Tyche'?
www.nasa.gov

Leonid Elenin
Yes, hypothesis about hypothetical object

oh of course ! i just thought it would be a fun read for an astronomer : ) that we may indeed have a sun companion out there

only thing that annoys me is even though i was able to get into contact with many of his peers, and he hast races back to 2007, i can't find anyone who's MET the guy and he won't tell me why his parents named him that

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by nataylor

Simply not true:

You don't find the data in your own post kinda strange...... At all? You know the Japan earthquake was predicted very accurately using NASA trajectory information right? There is going to be a 3-5 day window but your own data speaks to the fact that the object is related to all three.

yeah and i would imagine the closer the comet gets, the precise patterns of alignment will vary -- i mean just think about it logically speaking : ) damage will get worse, earthquake activity will be worse which could also affect order of chain of events here on earth

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
The Oort Cloud is about 1 light year from the sun..that is about 5.8 trillion miles away. Our own sun is only 93 million miles from Earth and the Moon is sitting on our door step at a mere 240, 000 miles away. If the brown dwarf is in the Oort Cloud or farther out, we are pretty safe ..I would say.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join