It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA has Released Info on Brown Dwarf Star Between Jupiter and Mars

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
Hands up who didn't even bother to read the link supplied by the OP.

OP, you can put your hand up too.

Learn to comprehend and understand what you're reading please.

Makes you look less stupid.

Aww don't go and spoil all the fun.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by ltinycdancerg

Quite an example of an appropriate response. I am amazed that you were able to supply such a response without calling the person stupid or attacking their intentions. Kudos for you.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Razz123
Check this out guys, I really dont know what to say but Nasa is making it kinda clear that there is something coming this way.

www.nasa.gov...
edit on 27/4/11 by masqua because: Replaced 'All Caps' in title

'Between Jupiter and Mars' is an absolute crock, because Tyche is speculated to be nowhere near there.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by alyoshablue

Awe well thank you my friend! I really appreciate that!

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   

but considering the mission statement of ATS (deny ignorance)

It's patently obvious that this is not the case anymore.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Do you know where your solar system is...?

You headline is false which surely you know. If you don't know where the Oort cloud is supposed to be in relation to Mars and Jupiter, then you have no business trying to tell us anything.

Deny ignorance--or post it. I guess was you choice to do the latter.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
one article said they found 94 new brown dwarf stars, that was one of the original ones about wise findings

so this "one" star is probably in a unique location to be talked about solo

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   

agreed 100%

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by ltinycdancerg
reply to post by alyoshablue

Awe well thank you my friend! I really appreciate that!

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Razz123

Excellent find is all 1 can say
Im sure its just cold swamp gas
S&F! I do like how Tyche is opposite to Nemesis. Where does c/2010/1x fit in?
edit on 4/27/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Interesting. Remember Hitler's black sun ?

""Our solar system in a binary system (we have two stars, not one). We have the Sun and it's twin, which is a brown dwarf star (a star that flamed out). The brown dwarf star emits no light, thus the name the Black Sun. You can't see it unless you can see the infrared radiation that it gives off. That's the real Black Sun, the other is Saturn, but is really just a stand in to hide the secret of our binary solar system. The brown dwarf star is know as the "destroyer", it's orbit takes it in and out of the Oort cloud dislodging a billion or so comets and meteors each time and some of those make it to Earth setting the stage for the extinction of virtually all living things. This orbit repeats, allegedly, every 26 million years. From the occult perspective, the Black Sun represents occult knowledge, those things which are hidden - secret knowledge. Things about nature, the universe, history, etc." [35]"
wikicompany.org...:Occult_symbolism_II#Black_Sun

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Helious

Okay, for starters, go to the first page of this thread and see what I wrote.

Then, re-read my second post.

And FYI-
I took AP physics as a SOPHOMORE in highschool (which is normally taken as a senior)
I also took 4 physics courses in college (and aced every one of them)
I got my degree (magna-cum laude) in Psychology (Bachelor of Science), was Pre-Med, and minored in Philosophy.
My philosophy minor was focused on science/theoretical science.
(i.e. courses such as Philosophy of Science, Metaphysics, etc)
I was also nominated (by several of my professors) and accepted into a NASA funded research group called The Terrestrial Lifeboat Project- A research team that studied a vast array of issues regarding the survival of the human species should Earth face a global catastrophe. (And got to work with Chris McKay, NASA'a guru of Martian terraforming)
And here is just the tip of the iceberg of the types of questions/issues we addressed:

1) Why should a terrestrial lifeboat be considered at all?
        - What sorts of threats are we worried about? Asteroid/Comet Collisions? Plague? Nuclear Fallout/War? Solar flares? Environmental devastation?
        - How likely are these threats to actually come about/How much warning will we have?
        - How bad would it be if they happened in the absence of a lifeboat?
        - How long would the effects last without a lifeboat?
    2) What would a terrestrial lifeboat entail?
        - What do we want to save?  The human species?  The civilization?  Human knowledge?
        - What, besides the lifeboat, would we have to work with?  Is the Earth still habitable?  Is it inhabited?  Are there still governments?
    3) How might we go about making a terrestrial lifeboat?
        - Where could it be located?  In orbit?  In a spaceship?  On the moon?  Mars?  An asteroid?
        - How would we provide the essentials of human habitation there - food, water, oxygen?
        - How would we provide other things necessary to save the earth - scientific and cultural information, plants and animals in a terrestrial ecosystem?
        - How would we go about getting these things to the lifeboat and back again?
        - How much would this all cost?

So, instead of attacking me personally (which is ridiculous because you know nothing about me)
Maybe you could just ask me for my credentials/sources.
But 'I ain't mad at cha!'

Peace and love

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by ufoinquirer
Interesting. Remember Hitler's black sun ?

""Our solar system in a binary system (we have two stars, not one). We have the Sun and it's twin, which is a brown dwarf star (a star that flamed out). The brown dwarf star emits no light, thus the name the Black Sun. You can't see it unless you can see the infrared radiation that it gives off. That's the real Black Sun, the other is Saturn, but is really just a stand in to hide the secret of our binary solar system. The brown dwarf star is know as the "destroyer", it's orbit takes it in and out of the Oort cloud dislodging a billion or so comets and meteors each time and some of those make it to Earth setting the stage for the extinction of virtually all living things. This orbit repeats, allegedly, every 26 million years. From the occult perspective, the Black Sun represents occult knowledge, those things which are hidden - secret knowledge. Things about nature, the universe, history, etc." [35]"
wikicompany.org...:Occult_symbolism_II#Black_Sun

Excellent find, even though Hitler was a madman hell bent on world domination, he was also a dissenter from the traditional Illuminati making his actions regarding "alternate" science and theories worth taking a look at.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I tend to shy away from threads like this. What I would like to know is, if this dwarf star is in relative vicinity and heading towards us or the sun, would we not see affects of this star as it progressed closer and closer? Wouldn't we eventually start seeing gravitational affects on other planets as it got closer. As it got closer and depending on where other planets happened to be at the time I would think we would be seeing affects on Neptune, Uranus and Saturn before the affects would be seen on Earth. As this "thing" gets closer have there been reports of at least other planets orbit trajectory having anomalies in them.

I do not know, I am asking.
edit on 27-4-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skewed
I tend to shy away from threads like this. What I would like to know is, if this dwarf star is in relative vicinity and heading towards us or the sun, would we not see affects of this star as it progressed closer and closer? Wouldn't we eventually start seeing gravitational affects on other planets as it got closer. As it got closer and depending on where other planets happened to be at the time I would think we would be seeing affects on Neptune, Uranus and Saturn before the affects would be seen on Earth. As this "thing" gets closer have there been reports of at least other planets orbit trajectory having anomalies in them.

I do not know, I am asking.
edit on 27-4-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

There is an argument that we have felt the effects already, such as the quakes in New Zealand, Chile and Japan along with increased volcanism all across the world, evidence of rampant and abrupt weather changes and flooding of half the continent of Australia, quite a few things gone awry in a VERY short amount of time no?

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Really 25 flags for a link with NO information from the link?!

You do know you are suppose to post part of the link and give your opinions and thoughts on it...

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Helious

There is an argument that we have felt the effects already, such as the quakes in New Zealand, Chile and Japan along with increased volcanism all across the world, evidence of rampant and abrupt weather changes and flooding of half the continent of Australia, quite a few things gone awry in a VERY short amount of time no?

I cannot debate that, and I suppose there is some merit to it as my logic would dictate such occurrences would be possibilities. Supposing this is true, would we not want to look at other planets as well and see if there are other "strange" patterns on them as well. If whatever it is big enough to change things on Earth then it only stands to reason it would also affect other planets. Using a data set based off of one single planet seems to short siding the info when other planets would have certain affects on them also and possibly yield more conclusive data to the situation.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
You are absolutely correct, Skewed. If a brown dwarf (or any other massive object) was approaching the planetary region of the solar system, it would have been detected a long time ago. We can calculate the positions of the planets very, VERY accurately these days, and the gravitational perturbations caused by a brown dwarf would be noticed almost immediately.

It's also worth noting that this idea that a brown dwarf would be invisible is absolute nonsense. If it was too cool to emit much light of its own, it would reflect the light of the Sun!
edit on 27-4-2011 by Mogget because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-4-2011 by Mogget because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Mogget

THANK YOU!
Finally someone with some sense

I mean, come on friends- you don't need to be an astrophysicist to deduce these kinds of conclusions.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Um I didn't read any of the replies but please tell me we're not all going to die...?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join