reply to post by Helious
Okay, for starters, go to the first page of this thread and see what I wrote.
Then, re-read my second post.
I took AP physics as a SOPHOMORE in highschool (which is normally taken as a senior)
I also took 4 physics courses in college (and aced every one of them)
I got my degree (magna-cum laude) in Psychology (Bachelor of Science), was Pre-Med, and minored in Philosophy.
My philosophy minor was focused on science/theoretical science.
(i.e. courses such as Philosophy of Science, Metaphysics, etc)
I was also nominated (by several of my professors) and accepted into a NASA funded research group called The Terrestrial Lifeboat Project- A research
team that studied a vast array of issues regarding the survival of the human species should Earth face a global catastrophe. (And got to work with
Chris McKay, NASA'a guru of Martian terraforming)
And here is just the tip of the iceberg of the types of questions/issues we addressed:
1) Why should a terrestrial lifeboat be considered at all?
- What sorts of threats are we worried about? Asteroid/Comet Collisions? Plague? Nuclear Fallout/War? Solar flares? Environmental
- How likely are these threats to actually come about/How much warning will we have?
- How bad would it be if they happened in the absence of a lifeboat?
- How long would the effects last without a lifeboat?
2) What would a terrestrial lifeboat entail?
- What do we want to save? The human species? The civilization? Human knowledge?
- What, besides the lifeboat, would we have to work with? Is the Earth still habitable? Is it inhabited? Are there still
3) How might we go about making a terrestrial lifeboat?
- Where could it be located? In orbit? In a spaceship? On the moon? Mars? An asteroid?
- How would we provide the essentials of human habitation there - food, water, oxygen?
- How would we provide other things necessary to save the earth - scientific and cultural information, plants and animals in a
- How would we go about getting these things to the lifeboat and back again?
- How much would this all cost?
So, instead of attacking me personally (which is ridiculous because you know nothing about me)
Maybe you could just ask me for my credentials/sources.
But 'I ain't mad at cha!'
Peace and love