It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

NSA releases 29 messages from space?

page: 12
126
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
What about this?




posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by JustSomeIdiot

Originally posted by skeptic_al
reply to post by Watts
 

NASA and Astrologers are looking for Planets with a Fixed Sun. Nobody is
looking for a Planet on a Elipical Orbit.

I am fairly certain NASA does not work with astrologers.





posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by atlscribe

Originally posted by Watts

Originally posted by shaneR
reply to post by Watts
 


we already have too many threads...

a simple ATS search would have revealed these have been on ATS before, and recently!

they are a HOAX...

ok?

seeya


How ironic of you to tell me to do a search without even reading through the thread to see how many times I've apologized for re-hashing material already covered... A simple read would have let you know your post is more redundant than this thread. Ok? seeya


edit on 23-4-2011 by Watts because: (no reason given)


No, the thread itself is absolutely more redundant.


Given that its been said over and over and over and over and over and over and over that this is re-hash, followed by an apology and a request for members to report it to mods to get it taken down... no, I'd say your post was far more redundant. I bet you didn't even bother to alert the mods of this thread for removal... making your post not only ultra-redundant but also a waste of time and energy in an attempt to be a smarta$$ for who knows what reason. Troll on trollster.



posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
it's relatively obvious that who ever sent the messages understand English but not the language ( or it's fake.. lol)
from the admittedly quick glance I had, this is what I have determined.. If I had time to read it properly and not in the format that it's in then perhaps I could understand a bit more of it..



posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Watts
 


Downloaded and read through the PDF. This is an interesting document. It was probably released due to the ambiguity of the content and lack of context.

So I did an analysis of the various arguments presented here.

1. The exercise argument.
Yes there are indications that this might be an exercise in interpreting messages of unknown origin. Where the reference to "extraterrestrial message" is simply to provide a narrative for the exercise. The use of terrestrial symbols (Latin characters) may also support this, but on the other hand could have been assigned to replace a completely unknown set of symbols and used in this paper to provide clarity.

We have to assume that if this is an exercise then the originator of the message must have created the message for the specific purpose of decoding. In other words there exists a correct answer as to the content.

This is however not clear from the methodology applied to decipher the message. There are in facts numerous clues that parts of the message is unclear and open to various interpretations. This seems strange if an artificial message created for exercise purposes.

2. The hoax argument.
If a hoax it is an elaborate one. The main reason why the hoax argument in this case is not likely is the nature of the document and its ambiguous content. Going through the trouble of creating a hoax of this magnitude only to achieve something that is open to interpretations makes no sense what so ever. A hoax would be expected to present a more intriguing narrative and context that would make the statement more clear.

3. Extra terrestrial messages have been received and kept from the public.
This is possible but these papers provide no definite proof. We know that there are protocols in place should such a message be received. In these protocols the need to keep this out of the public domain at least until the message is understood, is clearly stated.

My conclusion is that this is probably a real NSA document. It could be a exercise but it also contains clues that it may be in fact refer to the real deal. The reason for the lack of classification is that it does not constitute absolute proof of anything.

I will put this document down as "interesting".



posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
what is the date that these 29 messages happened ( Time line! ) 60s 70s 80s 90s 2000s ?
what was the Locations!! ( Star Map) that these Signals came from >?
What Frequency ?




Carl Sagan might known these papers if

Screaming ( SETI )

The JOY

Contact - The scene where Jodie Foster hears the "First Contact"
www.youtube.com...



Hmm ahh Movies!
Creation Idealist Inspired BY ! Carol Sagan! Book of the Same Name ! Just before he Died!

He knew way more Than we think
like (famed Ufo debunker turned Believer Mr Swamp GAS) DR J Allan Hynak towards the end of this Life Hynak Became a Believer of ETS UFO and reviled what he was told not to Report & Expose

Personal I think Carol Sagan was the same way The Reins by TPTB

Until he made his Book Contact in which has a lot of strange Conspiracy's within itself!

a Perfect example is

Publication history In 1981, Simon & Schuster gave Sagan a $2 million advance on the novel. At the time, "the advance was the largest ever made for a book that had not yet been written


Did Simon & Schuster Get Carol to give out some hints! ? as the Big Connection of Wormholes The Machine in Contact and Project Looking Glass .. I wonder


Wiki
Contact (Novel)
en.wikipedia.org...


Carl Sagan The science fiction novel Contact by Carl Sagan explored in some depth how a message might be constructed to allow communication with an alien civilization, using the prime numbers as a starting point, followed by various universal principles and facts of mathematics and science. Sagan also edited a non-fiction book on the subject[4], which has recently been updated[5].


Communication with Extraterrestrial Intelligence
en.wikipedia.org...

Tho- the Only known Outer Space Message shown or was leaked to the Public form SETI was the WOW Message

(Wiki)
Wow! signal
en.wikipedia.org...!_signal


The Problem i have is that the PDF is claimed to have been Approved to be released to the Public! ?? in Oct 24 2004 FOIA Case# 41472 hmm NASA seeking Help ? need some Math minds !

All for the Mathematicians ! Here on ATS to Solve ! Then ATS and the Member that Solves this will be famous



posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I am as optimistic as the next but the reality of it is If we did have a encounter with being that could traverse the void of space then they would probably think of us as we think of ants or other lower forms of life. If this ever should happen humans will probably be that lower form of life. Careful what you wish for.



posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by Danbones
 


Now the real question....

Was that just an exercise as he speculates or was it an attempt to get more minds working on the issues as fast as possible under the disguise of it being an "Exercise" ?


My thoughts Exactly ! Slayer69 a Reverse Psychology! or its a Practice Run

Nope its not Real people it Only a Practice Run ! Like you know like Air Raids Military Operation Drills You know Stuff That has actually Happend Before! Like hmm that 1938 War of the Worlds broadcast by the Mercury Theater Troupe! (Orson Wells ) and the Reaction of Civilians by the Millions that the American Government just Loved! and Had bright Ideas For Fear Mongering a Preparation for the Real Thing? LOL



posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wolfenz
what is the date that these 29 messages happened ( Time line! ) 60s 70s 80s 90s 2000s ?
what was the Locations!! ( Star Map) that these Signals came from >?
What Frequency ?



It beats me why some STILL think this might be a real event!


The clue is in the language used!

Location.....Location....Location.......

Oh I forgot..............It came from "outer space"..........nuff said!



posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
This thread is a perfect example of a prime behavior that is destroying any real value this site has: no one reads the threads before posting. So we get people commenting the same things over and over, and continuing points of a discussion that have long been put to bed, such as the fact that this is not REAL MESSAGES, but rather a mental exercise that was given. Which has it's own implications, but this is not disclosure.

Please, in order to ensure that these threads are conversations, which are cooperative endeavours involving more than one person, read the entire thread before commenting.



posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Logical one

Originally posted by Wolfenz
what is the date that these 29 messages happened ( Time line! ) 60s 70s 80s 90s 2000s ?
what was the Locations!! ( Star Map) that these Signals came from >?
What Frequency ?



It beats me why some STILL think this might be a real event!


The clue is in the language used!

Location.....Location....Location.......

Oh I forgot..............It came from "outer space"..........nuff said!



Details Details Details ! Of Course they Wouldn't give those 3 things i mentioned !


Time it was received
Location it came from what star system
and the Frequency

Then its all Radio Transmission or is something Else?

Yeah These Doc papers were Released on 2004 but it may not be when the messages were received

its like a Military Unit practicing a run of Tag and not knowing where the Enemy is! LOL coordinates



posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jadette
This thread is a perfect example of a prime behavior that is destroying any real value this site has: no one reads the threads before posting. So we get people commenting the same things over and over, and continuing points of a discussion that have long been put to bed, such as the fact that this is not REAL MESSAGES, but rather a mental exercise that was given.


The problem is there are too many "believers" that seem to leave their rational thinking behind every time something like this pops up.

And then there is the "lights in the sky......it must be ET!" crowd!
edit on 24-4-2011 by Logical one because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
There probably recruiting geniuses so why not sort theme out with these exercises. I how ever dont qualify for this...



posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Erongaricuaro
www.nsa.gov...

Key ToTheExtraterrestrial Messages
nv H. [~AlII'AIl;N~:
( IlIdll~,.ili,'Ii
Dr. ('lIl11lJlli/:11(' pn'~""/l'fl a serie« uf 29 1III'~~al!",. [mill III1/.'r ,.pan' in
"l-:.rtmt"rf1'strial Int"/Iipl'nn>." NSA Teehnico! Journnl, Vol. X1. Nil. ~,
IIIJ. /11/ If. arid in Ih" Sp,~'ial Ma/hl'matil',' and 1':/1.~i",~'rill.1[ 1~,.'II· of II",
.JfIIlrIllIl, I'll. II i If. '1'111' rlll/owi'JI! artid~ d"'I'I~luJl~ II k,'y til th"IlI' n..'~~a!l"Il,
Parauraph' numlwr.• parallel the serial numbers of the 1II1'••SlII!I'S reprinted
ill /hl' alllll'lIdi.r bt'I,,,,'. This illdlld~s 1/111 ""II' s,'r;,',.--:III lII,d :11'--1111/
illl'llldl'fl ;11 /hl'pn't'illu~ artie/,'.



edit on 23-4-2011 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-4-2011 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

edit on 4/23/2011 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)


just a guess this sort of reminds me of !

Ogam Script
en.wikipedia.org...




extraterrestrial_intelligence.pdf
www.nsa.gov/public_info/_files/tech.../extraterrestrial_intelligence.pdf


(ATS)
NSA - Declassified Space Transmission , page 1
www.abovetopsecret.com...

if you dont want to download the PDF the OP provided here it is on scribe!
www.scribd.com...




edit on 24-4-2011 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by cushycrux
 


Never saw that vid before - thanks for posting.



posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Erongaricuaro
 


Yes ats needs code breakers, lol. Since I was about 15 whenever I look at billboards or words in books I will see
a word that isn't there. It's like my mind makes a word out of all the words present in a sentence or phrase.

I just think of it as being dislexic or something of that nature. But hey you never know I might have a hidden talent for deciphering messages/codes

edit on 24-4-2011 by Teeky because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clavicula
reply to post by Watts
 


Downloaded and read through the PDF. This is an interesting document. It was probably released due to the ambiguity of the content and lack of context.

So I did an analysis of the various arguments presented here.

1. The exercise argument.
Yes there are indications that this might be an exercise in interpreting messages of unknown origin. Where the reference to "extraterrestrial message" is simply to provide a narrative for the exercise. The use of terrestrial symbols (Latin characters) may also support this, but on the other hand could have been assigned to replace a completely unknown set of symbols and used in this paper to provide clarity.

We have to assume that if this is an exercise then the originator of the message must have created the message for the specific purpose of decoding. In other words there exists a correct answer as to the content.

This is however not clear from the methodology applied to decipher the message. There are in facts numerous clues that parts of the message is unclear and open to various interpretations. This seems strange if an artificial message created for exercise purposes.

2. The hoax argument.
If a hoax it is an elaborate one. The main reason why the hoax argument in this case is not likely is the nature of the document and its ambiguous content. Going through the trouble of creating a hoax of this magnitude only to achieve something that is open to interpretations makes no sense what so ever. A hoax would be expected to present a more intriguing narrative and context that would make the statement more clear.

3. Extra terrestrial messages have been received and kept from the public.
This is possible but these papers provide no definite proof. We know that there are protocols in place should such a message be received. In these protocols the need to keep this out of the public domain at least until the message is understood, is clearly stated.

My conclusion is that this is probably a real NSA document. It could be a exercise but it also contains clues that it may be in fact refer to the real deal. The reason for the lack of classification is that it does not constitute absolute proof of anything.

I will put this document down as "interesting".



I love this response.

I posed a question based on a document I came across and people reacted as if I boldly proclaimed that aliens are definitely dialing us up. When it was noted that this was a re-hash, I apologized(more than once) and tried to make all new comers aware of this fact and yet people still come in and insta-post their ranty complaints without ever reading a single reply in the whole thread, where its been pointed out at least 20 times now that this is a re-hash. I wish people were as eager to just have an open discussion as they are to be "forum police".

10/10 for taking it in and making a simple non-biased reply without jumping to a certain conclusion one way or the other.

edit on 24-4-2011 by Watts because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   

The Mystery Explained, Once and For All


I know it has already been stated several times that these ‘messages’ are just exercises, but it seems as if some of you are still refusing to accept it. Considering how eager many of you are to believe in flying saucers and bug-eyed sex tourists from outer space, I don’t expect the information given below to convince everybody. For all I know, it has been posted already (I’m not scanning a dozen thread pages to see if it has). In a saner world than this, it should end the argument and close the thread; but this is ATS. Let’s see what happens.

*


First of all, the documents are genuine. That is to say, they aren’t disinformation and they aren’t a hoax. What they are is a set of cryptological exercises set up for NSA codebreakers to practise on. The ‘message from outer space’ thing is just a humorous conceit by their authors, Howard H. Campaigne and Lambros D. Callimahos.

Campaigne and Callimahos were senior and highly talented cryptanalysts (codebreakers) working for the US military and later for the NSA.


During World War II, Howard Campaigne was with a US. Navy communications operation and was assigned to work at Bletchley Park. After the war he joined the newly formed National Security Agency, where he eventually became chief of research. He left NSA in 1970 to become professor and chairman of the Mathematics Department at Slippery Rock State College in Pennsylvania. He retired in 1976. Source

Callimahos was an even more prominent NSA cryptologist, a former classical flute-player who joined the US Army in 1941 to contribute his codebreaking skills to the war effort, and later transferred to the NSA.

Here is his memorial page on the NSA website.

Now, here’s the clincher:


The problem we would face in cryptanalyzing an alien communication is not unlike that which archaeologists face in the decypherment of dead languages. In (such cases), no overt attempt has been made to hide the meaning of the text as in ordinary cryptographic systems... the initial clues (that helped decypher ancient texts) were often proper names, dates or descriptions of historical events that were known to the decypherers. It is primarily for this reason that mathematics is put forward as a kind of universal language that in itself could provide a type of universally understood basis for communication.

The American cryptanalyst Lamros Callimahos put forward some sample extraterrestrial messages which a sender might use to convey his knowledge of mathematics (Callimahos, 1966). A typical text looked as follows

AA,B; AAA,C; AAAA,D; AAAAA,E; AAAAAA, F; ...


from which the recipient might deduce that B represented the same mathematical quantity as AA; C was equivalent to AAA, and so on... Source

Does that line of code look familiar? Those ‘sample extraterrestrial messages’ put forward by Callimahos 45 years ago are what the OP has stumbled upon. Another false alarm, I’m afraid.



posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by superluminal11
The NSA is a joke...I'll prove it.

The NSA has known about this redirect ILLUMINATI spelled backwards itanimulli takes you to the NSA for some time and has done nothing to fix it.

They think its cute.



Illuminati backwards ITANIMULLI.COM redirects to NSA.GOV
www.youtube.com...



posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by JustSomeIdiot
 

Interesting how they seem to come up with millions to go to Murcury now when we are totaly broke and they have to cut everything.



new topics

top topics



 
126
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

log in

join