It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NSA releases 29 messages from space?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Do you remember the Duelist? Birdman? Beyond Logic?

reply to post by maestromason

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee
I think it odd that the Mercury probe is named Messenger...they say it stands for a long bunch of words but clearly the name emplys something don't you think..

Uh, Mercury was the messenger of the Gods... I think the reason for the name (and any back-ronym they came up with) is blatantly obvious.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by basil40
Sorry Guys, I think this was covered previously here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Seems it may just have been an exercise.

Specifically this post :

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And that thread is from 2006. No disclosure yet..

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Lets say that the papers are real.

Lets say that this is legit from the NSA.

DO NOT FORGET PROJECT BLUEBEAM!

Folks, dont get too head up about "space brothers" coming.

Dont expect to get a Vulcan showing up because we cranked up a hyper drive engine.

Just like us, not all ET's are going to be "ET" and all cute and cudly.

As in metaphysics, if you set up a "beacon" SOMETHING is bound to arrive.

The thing is, it may not be as it appears.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by felonius
Lets say that the papers are real.

Lets say that this is legit from the NSA.

DO NOT FORGET PROJECT BLUEBEAM!

Folks, dont get too head up about "space brothers" coming.

Dont expect to get a Vulcan showing up because we cranked up a hyper drive engine.

Just like us, not all ET's are going to be "ET" and all cute and cudly.

As in metaphysics, if you set up a "beacon" SOMETHING is bound to arrive.

The thing is, it may not be as it appears.

Yeah this is what Stephen Hawking was getting at... we shouldn't let disney movies lead us to believe some far off civilization is gonna arrive and want to be friends and play nice. The meeting of two civilizations has never, in all of Earth's history, ended well for the lesser of the two.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
i believe that was an actual message under the cover of an exercise. why would you prepare to decipher something the government officially doesn't believe to exist.

i also believe that this message is from a race of beings similar in advancement and technology to us and are sending random messages into space like us and the s.e.t.i. program.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperiorEd

I am a official member of cDc, what group did they belong too?

The names sound somewhat familiar.
edit on 23-4-2011 by maestromason because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Here is the explanation of the "signals":

www.nsa.gov...

I foolishly started deciphering the message myself without realising it's explained in the article.

At least it confirms what I thought it was.

The giveaway that it's not from outer space is the fact that it says that signals 30/31 were not copied because they made too long an *exercise*.

This is a class exercise, not a message from space. Read what the message says, given that its explained in the paper. It's really not interesting at all.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by maestromason
reply to post by AnthraAndromda

I too like yourself consider myself to be fortunate, my mother worked at Ohio Bell as a Accountant for regional payroll, and I loved to go to work with her on "bring your kids day", for their computer BUILDING housed reel-to-reel mainframe terminals that I remember begging her to take me to go see. The building was magswipe card secured and solid white level 2 clean room and very cold....I loved it. Those mainframes were card punched programmed.

COBOL was the language used by their systems, I liked COBOL as a programming language, that language is still used today as old as it is. Newer is not always better.

This irrelevant and banal post is the perfect example of an NSA sock puppet post. It agrees with another post having nothing to do with the content of the OP. It is designed to hijack the thread and measure the interest of the other posters in trying to get the thread back on track.

The membership date is also a clue. Of course the majority of new members are not computers but odds are the newer the more likely.

I don't know the origin of the term sock puppet but it's rather fitting when you think of prison inmates using them to manage wayward jerks. Just saying

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLegend

Originally posted by Quasar_La-Zar
The only agenda behind that would be to form a base of observation on us, sort of like the ticket gate to the zoo.

But what are the chances of that..

Given the size, age and history of the universe. Infinite.

Right, I'm just saying it is unlikely that we are SOOO special they would form a base to JUST observe us.

Its certainly possible, anything is possible, but I don't see why we would be more special than any other civilization similar to ours.. Why would they even need a base to observe us? they could just enter and leave our solar system at will, a pitstop would be counter-productive xD

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
i believe that was an actual message under the cover of an exercise. why would you prepare to decipher something the government officially doesn't believe to exist.

I believe something similar... what's the point of framing it as an extra-terrestrial when a "fictitious enemy code" would work just the same when they don't even believe(on the record at least) that aliens exist? Its like on tv shows where someone is seeking advice for a problem but frames it as being about someone else.

"I have a friend... who likes a girl... but he doesn't know what to get her for Valentine's... what do you suggest I..er... my friend get for her that will make her love me-I mean him?"

Instead its the NSA going "Hey we have these highly detailed, thorough codes from these preposterous things we openly say don't exist... but if they did exist... how would you decipher said elaborate code from these silly imaginary things that we have no contact with and have never seen... ya know just in case they show up and their code looks just like this?"

Saying its from an alien as part of an exercise changes nothing about how to approach deciphering an unknown code therefore its pointless... its not like NSA agents are elementary students that need their math problems spiced up with imaginary details.
edit on 23-4-2011 by Watts because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Watts

This is fake IMO

A 12th planet in our solar system with a civilization..

That is what gets me. A planet that far away from the sun would be an ice ball... Correct me if I'm wrong, but why would any advanced civilization form a colony on an iceball with zero resources?

The only agenda behind that would be to form a base of observation on us, sort of like the ticket gate to the zoo.

But what are the chances of that..

To base a decision on the premise that all possible life in the universe must want and/or can only survive in conditions that man is restricted to AND then to follow that and say that the only reason they would be there is to observe us is awesomely arrogant...not to mention you go on to assume an as yet undiscovered 12th planet has "zero resources"...How can you possibly say what an unknown does or does not have???

The key word from your post is "advanced". If a civilization is capable of interstellar travel you really think establishing a suitable base pretty much wherever they want would be a problem??

I'm not arguing for or against a 12th planet or alien messages, I'm arguing against your logic and reasoning.

awesomely arrogant?
I never said that all possible life in the universe can only survive in our conditions, you did, I just said It would be an ice ball, which would make a planet undesirable considering you could just go to any other solar system and get a planet similar to ours with no civilization on it....
Well tell me something slick, what other reason would you form a colony right next to a civilization, if not to observe them?
Also, a 12th planet may have resources, but SO DOES EVERY OTHER SOLAR SYSTEM AROUND OURS, and why would you form a colony in another species territory? that would be clearly something you do not do as an advanced species, you do not take from other people... duhh?
And I think it is next to impossible for 2 intelligent civilizations to form in the same solar system at the same time on 2 different planets, thats like winning the lottery twice in 2 days, its possible, but i think it will not happen, and surely not with our solar system..
Your logic and reasoning seems "awesomely arrogant" to me

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Is there someway someone can make a new post or topic or edit the first post saying that this is just an exercise for NSA cryptographers and has nothing to do with disclosure?

IT IS NOT A REAL MESSAGE PEOPLE....

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
What on earth will make you think that you can ever decipher an alien language?

Seriously. The amount of difference between Chinese and Latin-based languages is so freakin enormous that we can't even translate modern texts right.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Correct me if I'm wrong, but why would any advanced civilization form a colony on an iceball with zero resources?

Speaking hypothetically...

Resources? what makes you think there are no resources? and what sort of resources are we talking about anyhow? a society that has advanced nanotechnology needs only matter and basic elements and they are set.

and ice ball?

well, it depends on how deep into the planet they would be...the mantle can be quite hot actually...along with the whole unlimited (nearly anyhow) source of energy.

Just tossing that out there in case you wanted to create a plausable sci-fi story or something.

but what would be the point, in drilling to the core of a planet, which would surely take some time, as opposed to just flying to any other solar system, and finding a "virgin" planet?

If you would form an observation post, you could just go on any asteroid.. or just stay in your ship which would be better anyways.. right?

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by die_another_day
What on earth will make you think that you can ever decipher an alien language?

Seriously. The amount of difference between Chinese and Latin-based languages is so freakin enormous that we can't even translate modern texts right.

Because people have nothing better to do than become the guy that discovers aliens and be rich and have lots of moneys and girls

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
the truth shall be known by all...

consciousness is rising...

all hidden truths revealed...

thank you God

thank You

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by zarp3333

No NSA here, private corporation. Gov does not pay enough. You need meds.

Aliens are not responsible for that message.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   

IT IS NOT A REAL MESSAGE PEOPLE....

Time and time again. And then when they do allow you to go all in with this trype. It will mean your soul. Wake TF up!
edit on 23-4-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   

To base a decision on the premise that all possible life in the universe must want and/or can only survive in conditions that man is restricted to AND then to follow that and say that the only reason they would be there is to observe us is awesomely arrogant...not to mention you go on to assume an as yet undiscovered 12th planet has "zero resources"...How can you possibly say what an unknown does or does not have???

The key word from your post is "advanced". If a civilization is capable of interstellar travel you really think establishing a suitable base pretty much wherever they want would be a problem??

I'm not arguing for or against a 12th planet or alien messages, I'm arguing against your logic and reasoning.

awesomely arrogant?
I never said that all possible life in the universe can only survive in our conditions, you did, I just said It would be an ice ball, which would make a planet undesirable considering you could just go to any other solar system and get a planet similar to ours with no civilization on it....
Well tell me something slick, what other reason would you form a colony right next to a civilization, if not to observe them?
Also, a 12th planet may have resources, but SO DOES EVERY OTHER SOLAR SYSTEM AROUND OURS, and why would you form a colony in another species territory? that would be clearly something you do not do as an advanced species, you do not take from other people... duhh?
And I think it is next to impossible for 2 intelligent civilizations to form in the same solar system at the same time on 2 different planets, thats like winning the lottery twice in 2 days, its possible, but i think it will not happen, and surely not with our solar system..
Your logic and reasoning seems "awesomely arrogant" to me

"awesomely arrogant?"
1. Yes.

"Correct me if I'm wrong, but why would any advanced civilization form a colony on an iceball with zero resources?"

2. To question what an unknown is doing on an unknown planet based on what YOU, as a human on Earth, values or believes is important, is indeed arrogant. And then you oddly go on to dictate that an unknown planet must have "zero resources". You asked to be corrected and I did. Now you're fussy about it.

"...I just said It would be an ice ball, which would make a planet undesirable considering you could just go to any other solar system and get a planet similar to ours with no civilization on it...."

3.Even in your rebuttal you presume to have a clue about what an unknown advanced civilization should or should not do and where they should do it. How can you say what is or is not desirable for a civilization you know nothing about? Blatantly Arrogant.

"Well tell me something slick, what other reason would you form a colony right next to a civilization, if not to observe them?"

4. Arrogant. lol You seem to have it in your head that humans are the center of the universe and that if it something doesn't involve us, its pointless. Imagine if ants thought like you.

"Also, a 12th planet may have resources, but SO DOES EVERY OTHER SOLAR SYSTEM AROUND OURS, and why would you form a colony in another species territory? that would be clearly something you do not do as an advanced species, you do not take from other people... duhh?"

5. I'm drowning in your arrogance at this point, I didn't realize space was sanctioned as belonging to "us"(i really hate lumping myself with you) lol I don't even need to reply further to this one.

I should have said insanely arrogant.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join