It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Omnipotent God: Agree or Disagree?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by awake_and_aware
reply to post by IAMIAM

Nah it's cool, I'm happy with the word God
Afterall it is included in the title.

Too late. I like my new label better now.

I AM

it is.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by awake_and_aware

Alright so what are your issues with all of those links... Believe what you believe, as i've stated before im not here to convert anyone, only to assist in understanding.

This is a great statement actually...

You should live your life and try to make the world a better place for your being in it, whether or not you believe in god. If there is no god, you have lost nothing and will be remembered fondly by those you left behind. If there is a benevolent god, he will judge you on your merits and not just on whether or not you believed in him.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by infojunkie2

If one spits in the face of God by denying him, hey it's Ok

Only a believer could say something so idiotic.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by infojunkie2

Originally posted by Akragon

Atheiests lose nothing... They're souls are not condemed because they don't believe. When an atheiest dies he also returns home. Perhaps at that time someone might give them a sharp kick in the ass... Hell they'll probably want to kick themselves for not realizing what at that time will be obvious.

Either way, nothing condems a persons soul....

Ok,whatever you say, it must be the truth, thanks for setting me straight, don't know what I was thinking,
edit on 25-4-2011 by infojunkie2 because: (no reason given)

hahaha, you can not spit in the face of God my friend. Denying the existance of God is the path some people walk. Leave them to their beliefs and do not concern yourself. As i've said one day perhaps even after they die, they will know the truth of God.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I agree it's a nice statement. And it's as simple as that, without having to submit to a dictator (whether it exists or not) Basically "don't be a dick". "if God exists, bonus (for some people) If God doesn't exist, people will remember you for being a good person"

I'm not here to convert. I'm here to share ideas. At least if you're willing to see from my point of view.

Again, I don't say that God can't be proven, only that there is no proof currently for such a theory. (that myself or any scientist has witnessed)
edit on 25/4/11 by awake_and_aware because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

Riveting,

Peace, love, light and knowledge

Yours always and sincerly,

Awake and Aware.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by awake_and_aware

You can prove the existance of God to yourself, but proving the existance of God to another person is impossible.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   

God is much bigger than a book. The word of God is within you.

The word of God is within who? Charles Manson? Was the word in him? How do you reason the word NOT being within him? Possessed by a demon? Probably something spooky like that.

Actually, I already had this debate not long ago. You may have missed it, so here is the link...

Charles Manson

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

If you'd care to quote what i said a make a rebuttal. Again, it's vague - God inside of you, and the Devil inside of you. This is what annoys me. THat fortune tellers and "spiritualists" are allowed to recite vague sentences, some of which don't even qualify as reasonable metaphors, and people eat it up. It's as cunning and deceptive as religion itself. They use vague dogma, vague poetry of language to obscure the lack of meaning behind their words.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Same with Ghosts.

Same with Fortune Tellers. You can't prove it someone else, and the skeptic won't just take your word for it.

You speak ill of Atheists, as if we are stupid, we cannot see the "obvious" truth. What way is this to go on? Does your God condone this?

You notice we're both in the same position, i can't prove GOd doesn't exist, and you can't prove he does, So what gives you the grounds to act smug?

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

Same with Ghosts.

Same with Fortune Tellers. You can't prove it someone else, and the skeptic won't just take your word for it.

You speak ill of Atheists, as if we are stupid, we cannot see the "obvious" truth. What way is this to go on? Does your God condone this?

You notice we're both in the same position, i can't prove GOd doesn't exist, and you can't prove he does, So what gives you the grounds to act smug?

I don't speak ill of atheists, i said leave them to their beliefs, one day they will know the truth of God. Now how is that speaking ill of them?

Unfortunatly to someone like myself the truth is very obvious. I have no need to prove anything to anyone. Believe what you will it doesn't matter either way because...as i've said, we all return to the same place once we pass. At that time you will understand completely.

I've no reason to act "smug" either...i know what i know, if you chose not to believe what i say, thats fine with me. If you chose to listen, even better....im glad i could help you in understanding.

Either way as i've said, you're free to believe what you will...

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   

reply to post by IAMIAM

If you'd care to quote what i said a make a rebuttal. Again, it's vague - God inside of you, and the Devil inside of you. This is what annoys me. THat fortune tellers and "spiritualists" are allowed to recite vague sentences, some of which don't even qualify as reasonable metaphors, and people eat it up. It's as cunning and deceptive as religion itself. They use vague dogma, vague poetry of language to obscure the lack of meaning behind their words.

Ok my friend I will try this a different way.

Hear the Sermon of God's prophet to the people. Today I will be reading from the book of life under the Prophet Robert Plant chapter Led Zepplin, verse "stairway to Heaven".

All bow your heads...

And the prophet ascended the mount and he looked out on the masses gathered for his light and with a slow sultry twang of a guitar he spoke...

"There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold
And she's buying the stairway to heaven.
When she gets there she knows, if the stores are all closed
With a word she can get what she came for.
Ooh, ooh, and she's buying the stairway to heaven.

There's a sign on the wall but she wants to be sure
'Cause you know sometimes words have two meanings.
In a tree by the brook, there's a songbird who sings,
Sometimes all of our thoughts are misgiven.
Ooh, it makes me wonder,
Ooh, it makes me wonder."

And the crowd murmured in solemn respect...

"Ooooooooooooooh it makes me wonder"

And the prophet sayeth,

"There's a feeling I get when I look to the west,
And my spirit is crying for leaving.
In my thoughts I have seen rings of smoke through the trees,
And the voices of those who stand looking.
Ooh, it makes me wonder,
Ooh, it really makes me wonder."

And the crowd murmured...

"Oooooooooooooooh it makes me wonder."

So sayeth the Prophet...

"And it's whispered that soon if we all call the tune
Then the piper will lead us to reason.
And a new day will dawn for those who stand long
And the forests will echo with laughter.

If there's a bustle in your hedgerow, don't be alarmed now,
It's just a spring clean for the May queen.
Yes, there are two paths you can go by, but in the long run
There's still time to change the road you're on.
And it makes me wonder."

And the crowd mumured in solemn respect...

"Yes, it make me wonder"

And a flash of lightning arced across the moonlit sky, thunder rolled signalling the divine agreement made, the solemn pact of the masses to acknowledge their choices of the two paths to travel, for the road is long and the gate is narrow which leads to Heaven.

And the Prophet sang...

"Your head is humming and it won't go, in case you don't know,
The piper's calling you to join him,
Dear lady, can you hear the wind blow, and did you know
Your stairway lies on the whispering wind.

And as we wind on down the road
Our shadows taller than our soul.
There walks a lady we all know
Who shines white light and wants to show
How everything still turns to gold.
And if you listen very hard
The tune will come to you at last.
When all are one and one is all
To be a rock and not to roll.

And she's buying the stairway to heaven."

And the masses ending in solemn bliss with a single..

"Auuuummmmmmmmmmm"

With Love,

Your Brother

edit on 25-4-2011 by IAMIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

hahaha that was wicked man!!

edit on 25-4-2011 by Akragon because: Couldn't find the
emote...

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Atheiests lose nothing... They're souls are not condemed because they don't believe. When an atheiest dies he also returns home. Perhaps at that time someone might give them a sharp kick in the ass... Hell they'll probably want to kick themselves for not realizing what at that time will be obvious.

Ok,whatever you say, it must be the truth, thanks for setting me straight, don't know what I was thinking,

hahaha, you can not spit in the face of God my friend. Denying the existance of God is the path some people walk. Leave them to their beliefs and do not concern yourself. As i've said one day perhaps even after they die, they will know the truth of God.

The path that you are referring to that some people take will have dire conceqences,all paths do not the lead to the same place, broad is the path that leads to destruction, do i have to tell you what that means?

Maybe you should follow your own advise, after all, the thread I posted asking if the rapture might occur in September, you came in and said that there would not be a rapture, but nobody was asking the question is there or isn't there a rapture.so why are you so concerned about my beliefs, that you had to let me know that there will not be rapture?

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

Same with Ghosts.

I don't speak ill of atheists, i said leave them to their beliefs, one day they will know the truth of God. Now how is that speaking ill of them?

Unfortunatly to someone like myself the truth is very obvious. I have no need to prove anything to anyone. Believe what you will it doesn't matter either way because...as i've said, we all return to the same place once we pass. At that time you will understand completely.

I've no reason to act "smug" either...i know what i know, if you chose not to believe what i say, thats fine with me. If you chose to listen, even better....im glad i could help you in understanding.

you don't speak ill of atheist but you certainly do of believers.

btw I have never read a post of your's that indicates exactly what you do believe, you side with atheist,and call the beliefs of christians foolish.you sound no different than an atheist,covering all bases will not help you a bit.

All paths do not lead to the same place, as I have said before there is a narrow path that leads to life everlasting and a broad path that leads to destruction,just because you make up your own religion or belief system does not make the truth null and void.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   

The path that you are referring to that some people take will have dire conceqences,all paths do not the lead to the same place, broad is the path that leads to destruction, do i have to tell you what that means?

Maybe you should follow your own advise, after all, the thread I posted asking if the rapture might occur in September, you came in and said that there would not be a rapture, but nobody was asking the question is there or isn't there a rapture.so why are you so concerned about my beliefs, that you had to let me know that there will not be rapture?

Please by all means explain the path of destruction...
Everyone should know...

Im not concerned with your beliefs honestly, as i've said many times you're free to believe whatever you like. In that thread about the rapture i explained very specifically why the rapture will not occur... I garentee it, no doubts what so ever...

On the other hand, my friend IAMIAM has a different perspective about the rapture to which i say, Damn!! That is possible

I've told you before, believe whatever you want to believe, im not here to convert....only to clarify

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

Same with Ghosts.

you don't speak ill of atheist but you certainly do of believers.

Clearly you haven't read anything i've posted...

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   

I basically want to know what you know about "GOD" that i can't know. Or that you THINK i would be unwilling to know.

You added this after I commented on this post, so I did not catch it the first go round.

You want to know what I know that you cannot about God? Very well.

I know nothing about God that you cannot know.

What do I think you are unwilling to know?

I see God within you, you deny that God exists at all. The importance of seeing God in others is in doing so, you acknowledge that they are equal to you. Absolutely equal in the very highest sense of the word. For all the attributes you place upon God, you place upon them.

You are unwilling to see God in me, while I see him in you. This does not make me angry, it does break my heart though. For in not believing in God, you are denying the very highest potential of Mankind. You are denying the very highest potential within yourself. You are denying the very highest potential within me. You may as well say we do not exist at all. That non-existence is darkness.

I am only showing you that there IS light in that darkness. I see it in YOU.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Acually what you did was come in and say that there would be no rapture without giving any reasons why, then when i asked for chapter and verse,you went on about the kingdom of God, which proves nor disproves anything.

I am really interested in your opinion regarding the scriptures below.

So if you could find it in your heart to give a glance at this scripture in Isaiah 57:1
The righteous perish,and no man layeth it to heart:and merciful men are taken away,none considering that the righteous is taken away from the evil to come.

now notice what the word perish here means: to undergo a transformation or a change of position

compare this to the very well known scripture;we shall be changed in a moment in the twinkling of an eye
then comes the change of position, we are then caught up to meet the Lord in the air.

Or what about this one:watch ye therefore,and pray always,that ye may be counted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass,and to stand before the Son of man.

what is it, that we should be escaping from? , according to the scripture, it is the wrath of God that will be poured out upon the earth and it's inhabitants.

Please explain to me how these verses do not indicate a seperation between two different groups of people.
or the removal of the righteous.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

your right every one should know the path of destruction, all anyone has to do is read for themselves, any path that is not the path that God layed out would be the path of destruction.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join