It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists worried: Strange emissions by sun are suddenly mutating matter

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by shikori
Why does this resemble the plot of the movie 2012? The same exact thing happened in that movie that caused earthquakes and all sorts of stuff to take place. The neutrinos from the sun apparently turned the earths interior to a microwave in the movie.

I'm glad you picked up on that, was going to post that myself, certainly the first thing which sprang to my mind

I do believe Hollywood are never too far from the truth at times, after all they do their research, and there is alway's a little truth in there somewhere.

The other thing which sprang to mind whilst reading is the notion that perhaps this means things may not be as old old as we think they are ???
edit on 21-4-2011 by solargeddon because: Tink lmao, typos boo

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by DrHammondStoat

Well I would be worried and alarmed to discover that one of the tenets of basic physics, that I have based an entire lifetimes work on is wrong. How many paradigms will have to be revised. How many conclusions drawn from those paradigms are now false. Quite poop worthy I would think!

Scientists have been known to discover anomalies and then find out their research was wrong somewhere down the line. It seems none of them have concluded whether this strange behaviour is actually significant yet.

This isn't a slight anomalie this is a fundamental change to the law of physics.

edit on 21-4-2011 by kennyb72 because: did a quit instead of a quite poop

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Farnhold

There has not been enough data on this to support the articile. They are talking about nutrinos, they past directly through the earth everyday with no effect. Nutrinos are anti-matter. If I had posted this everyone would be all over me, calling me every name in the book.

“My gut reaction is one of skepticism,” Sullivan told DISCOVER. The idea isn’t impossible, he says, but you can’t accept a solution as radical as the new study’s with just the small data set the researchers have. “Data is data. That’s the final arbiter. But the more one has to bend [well-establish physics], the evidence has to be that much more scrutinized.”

If it were true, the idea would represent a huge jump in neutrino physics. At the Super-Kamiokande detector, Sullivan says only about 10 neutrinos per day appeared to interact with the 20 kilotons of water. Sullivan says the Purdue-Stanford team is proposing that neutrinos are powerfully interacting with matter in a way that has never before been observed. “They’re looking for something with a very much larger effect than the force of neutrinos, but that doesn’t show up any other way,” he says.

The Purdue-Stanford team cites an example of a 2006 solar flare, saying that they saw a dip in decay rates in a manganese isotope before the occurrence that lasted until after it was gone. Sullivan, however, says he isn’t convinced this is experimentally significant, and anyway it doesn’t make sense: Solar neutrinos emanate from the interior of the sun—not the surface, where flares emerge. Moreover, he says, other solar events like x-ray flares didn’t have the same effect.

link to articile.

blogs.discovermagazine.com...

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   

A number of fun things evolve from this factoid, and thanks for bringing it to lazy people's attention.
So what can this say about carbon-14 dating's reliability?
So maybe the esotericists and pagans are more correct than most suspected in their view of our interelationship with the sun... maybe?
One more piece to the puzzle that just might be infinite. Fun!

So I'm going out to worship the sun in a futile attempt to appease the angry or benevolent true god.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
IMO
** This is all because of the incoming galactic alignment: when the planets, sun, and, galaxy align the force/gravity/energy produced will change the sun and earth for a time being, just like it did 12,000 years ago. Scientists can speculate but NOBODY knows for 100% without a doubt what will happen because NOBODY has lived to see one before. Ancient texts make references here and there but nothing is crystal clear...only time will tell.
edit on 21-4-2011 by Artorius because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by InnerPeace2012

Like my post right above, If I had posted this thread, everyone would be screaming fear monger, all kind of ugly things. Nutrinos pass through the earth everyday. They have even been way underground trying to capture one and can't . Nutrinos are Anti-Matter, and do not have an effect on matter. See, you give me grief, then jump on the band wagon over here.

Okay enuf with the "likely explanations" and stuff, we NEED some scientific source/proof??? Not saying these are spaceships/alien creatures...whatever it is....has to proven one way or the other. Don't jump to conclusions and be so sure that this are in fact Ice Crystalsdebris without providing and real proof of your claims.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by coolottie

Sullivan says only about 10 neutrinos per day appeared to interact with the 20 kilotons of water.

And yet

The Purdue-Stanford team cites an example of a 2006 solar flare, saying that they saw a dip in decay rates in a manganese isotope before the occurrence that lasted until after it was gone

So how is it possible that a very small measured neutrino rate is able to affect the decay rate in manganese isotopes?

If this isotope can be affected with such a small measurement of neutrino, then it can also have an impact on the human body.

Just to add that it isn't entirely clear that the effect is caused by neutrinos and could in fact be an entirely new exotic particle, one which we have no means of measuring. If this is a new particle and a recently observed affect then this could certainly cause alarm.
edit on 21-4-2011 by kennyb72 because: added more.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Interesting Farnhold !

as I have Just read the First Page of yor thre

pardon me but as one claimed Abducted /Contactee that was so close to the Bulls EYE in his Predictions ! just a year a 2 early or late ! like example 911 New York turning to Ash and it DID! in 2001 Sept 11th WTC Collapsing & and Japan Partially Sinks Well sort of! he is also claimed to be an Hoaxer Con ..

His Name Alex Collier !

I remember in the 1994 Interview He Had discussed this and matter changing

He practically said the same Thing about what is going on ! a change in dimension ?

( This video will be removed on April 29, 2011) it going off Google th 29th? What ? Click & Save !

Google Video Link

Could he be Right ? WHO the Hell Knows !! as he said in some of this interviews That the Sun is being manipulated by other E.T.S ??? Dracs Orions Sierians ETC > LOL

"INCREASING SEVERE WEATHER ON EARTH IS CAUSED BY MANIPULATION OF OUR SUN BY ORIONS, DRACONIANS AND SIRIAN Bs" RELEASED OCTOBER 1999: "Moraney told Alex that they have discovered that: OUR SUN IS BEING DELIBERATELY MANIPULATED BY A MECHANICAL AND TECHNICAL MEANS THAT IS TRYING TO FORCE A CHANGE FROM A NORMAL POSITIVE FREQUENCY VIBRATION TO A NEGATIVE FREQUENCY VIBRATION."
The site Shouted sorry!

Source:
www.greatdreams.com...

2012 The Awakening
Alex Collier – 2010 Earth Transformation Conference Saturday, Apr 16 2011 (5th Dimension ) ? (Videos)
ascendingstarseed.wordpress.com...

rense.com

Possible Smoking Gun -
Tinkering With The Sun
By Ted Twietmeyer
2-20-8
rense.com...

Ok Im listening to Pink floyd

Setting the Controls for the heart of the SUN now ! Enjoy!

Pink Floyd - Set the Controls for the Heart of the Sun

edit on 21-4-2011 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by kennyb72

They can't even see a nutrino, and there billion to 1000 billion and more that pass throug the earth all the time. They can't even capture a nutrino. The scientist is giving a theory, not proven.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Watts

Originally posted by AGENTJa

.... or here comes the super powers or metaclorians. A planet full of jedi. Look out aliens.

That....

would....

be.....

AWESOME!!!

I'd be all
and the aliens would be all

I think She's filtered us to the micron and is feeding us some of Her sweet Nuclear Honey. I feel like I'm about to fall through the floor already mmmmmmm!!!....thanks sweety.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by coolottie

They can't even see a nutrino, and there billion to 1000 billion and more that pass throug the earth all the time. They can't even capture a nutrino. The scientist is giving a theory, not proven.

There has to be some explanation for a commonly observed change in the decay rate of an isotope. What has been established is that the rate of decay changes with our proximity to the sun.

The neutrino theory is just that, a theory but the fact remains that the Sun is somehow mysteriously influencing matter on Earth. This is a relatively new phenomena. It could be magic, I don't know but the fact remains that something fundamental is changing on earth. I find that very exciting, don't you?

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Very interesting and in an area that I have not ever really put much thought into. However, reading all of this I cannot get past this statement.

Sullivan says the Purdue-Stanford team is proposing that neutrinos are powerfully interacting with matter in a way that has never before been observed. “They’re looking for something with a very much larger effect than the force of neutrinos, but that doesn’t show up any other way,”

Unless I missed it somewhere, if the neutrinos are interacting with matter then they know something is changing. My question is, what exactly have they observed to know that it has never been observed before. Am I not connecting the dots correctly and the answer to my question is the differences in decay rates. I know I am missing something here.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by solargeddon

The other thing which sprang to mind whilst reading is the notion that perhaps this means things may not be as old old as we think they are ???

Or maybe they're older? ...sometimes the rate of decay speeds up, sometimes it slows down - it's not constant, not even in the way it changes.

Whatever is happening, it's likely been going on for a long time, maybe since the beginning of time. ...Whenever anyone documented the heresy they were accused of shoddy practices or contaminating their results - science stars DO protect their turf. But now - it's clear the foundations are crumbling. Again. ...and maybe we're getting closer to a real understanding of the real universe.

Exciting.

edit on 21/4/11 by soficrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
the brilliant comic book writer Grant Morrison showed in his classic Justice League run the approach of Nibiru (he called it Mageddon) which makes people war-like and blood thirsty - as the giant approaches earth at "speeds faster than light", the humans are given super powers "the army of man" to fight the doom machine.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

What I find fascinating is that this phenomena was discovered by accident when a scientist decided to use the decay of an isotope to generate random numbers. In all these years didn't it occur to anyone to double check to establish if a scientific constant was actually constant, unbef#@!nglievable.

Either that or it really is a new phenomena.

Totaly agree though incredibly exciting.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Since I'm not a physics buff in the slightest, the most I'll take away from it all at the moment is that the universe is indirectly saying:

"Yea, you humans are cool and all with your little experiments, cars and pancakes but at the end of the day, your arrogance in believing you have a grasp of what's going on FAR outreaches reality, which is that you really don't know squat. Owned. Have a seat. Thanks." - Management

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
this is proof that science cannot and will not solve everything

these eugenicist trashumanist bastards must be pissing their pants right about now.
and all for good reason.

were not living forever, people need to accept that

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Interesting, the sun and earth is about to change their frequency and move into fifth density.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I find this fascinating. I love the sun, it's amazing.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Precisely my thoughts TrueBrit. I wonder at that type of thinking. Maybe thinking's the wrong word. He's a sensationalist I think, maybe. Flitting about from one extreme interpretation to another with little central cohesion within himself kind of like a chicken with it's head cut off.

I wonder if he writes his stuff for free or if he is paid for his efforts. Maybe he is a disinfo agent who is paid to muddy the waters and obfuscate reality so the reptilian masters can blah blah blah.....

But what do we know? This tread has gone on for eight pages. Eight pages.
edit on 21-4-2011 by TerryMcGuire because: Sp

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join