It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists worried: Strange emissions by sun are suddenly mutating matter

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+75 more 
posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Terrifying scientific discovery: Strange emissions by sun are suddenly mutating matter

The angry sun For months mounting fear has driven researchers to wring their hands over the approaching solar storms. Some have predicted devastating solar tsunamis that could wipe away our advanced technology, others voiced dire warnings that violent explosions on the surface of the sun could reach out to Earth, breach our magnetic field, and expose billions to high intensity X-rays and other deadly forms of cancer-causing radiation. Now evidence has surfaced that something potentially more dangerous is happening deep within the hidden core of our life-giving star: never-before-seen particles—or some mysterious force—is being shot out from the sun and it’s hitting Earth. Whatever it is, the evidence suggests it’s affecting all matter.

Laboratories around the globe have confirmed that the rate of radioactive decay—once thought to be a constant and a bedrock of science—is no longer a constant. Something being emitted from the sun is interacting with matter in strange and unknown ways with the startling potential to dramatically change the nature of the very Earth itself.

With certain evidence that radioactive decay can be significantly affected by an unknown effect from the sun, much of science is turned on its head. Rate of decay speeding up Worst of all, if the decay rates of matter are being mutated then all matter on Earth is being affected including the matter that makes up life. The mutation may go so far as to change the underlying reality of the quantum universe—and by extrapolation-the nature of life, the principles of physics, perhaps even the uniform flow of time. In fact, some evidence of time dilation has been gleaned from close observation of the decay rate. If particles interacting with the matter are not the cause—and matter is being affected by a new force of nature-then time itself may be speeding up and there’s no way to stop it.

It’s already been proven that the sun’s mass warps time, bends light waves and accounts for mutation of species on Earth. Now this new force may be directly interacting with matter in a way that could not only change Mankind’s understanding of physics, but change Mankind itself…and not necessarily in a beneficial way.

Article:
www.projectworldawareness.com...

What do you think?
edit on 20-4-2011 by Farnhold because: (no reason given)

+23 more 
posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Yes i read this earlier this month, and its worrying, at times like this there is only one thing left to say.
"so long, and thanks for all the fish"
edit on 20-4-2011 by sprocket2cog because: (no reason given)

+12 more 
posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

From the article:
Something impossible has happened. Yet the “impossible” has been proven to be true.

I would much appreciate it if somebody could either post this supposed evidence, or, if it has already been posted, link to said thread that contains all the hard data and facts that prove this anomaly's existence.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
If matter is decaying then the underground bunkers won't help either

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Here's a related thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Don't have much of an opinion on this myself.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
This post may be interesting, but I cant just read a wall of text like that, you need to break it down in to sections and paragraphs, it is too hard on the eyes

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I don't do much studies on the sun itself but I am interested in it and want to know more. I say S+F for this one. Very informative and opens the mind to astronomy. Great thread!!!!!

+7 more 
link   
What do I think ?
I think it's a waste of space when people post an article, a link, a video with out any of their own text,
As required by ATS guidelines. No SnF.

link   
reply to post by Farnhold

oh i dunno?..paragraphs??.....uuurgh.....
second

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Magnetic charged Gamma rays flying on photons mixing to make chemical X
please, they bring out the best in you. Maybe EA should behave more positive w/ each other. Less fighting vibrations less pollution vibrations less greed vibrations less controll vibrations add more love vibrations add more care for species and other coexisting species. Turn off all energy polluting plants. Otherwise

edit on 4/20/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Arcade425

This is true. I would have to think that TPTB will have something over their heads that could hurt them would be great!!! Could this be it????(I personally doubt its this though)!!!

+25 more 
posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
This is very existing news. Science constantly evolves and what was accepted theory yesterday - is obsolete today. And what is accepted today will be obsolete tomorrow.
However the use of this phenomenon by author of the article in the OP - this bothers me. "Terrifying discovery.. scientists worried... frantic emails... ctr.." On general note - if someone tries to scare you ,probably he tries to manipulate you. Here is what scientists who observed the thing first say about it:
news.stanford.edu...
You know -

"That would be truly remarkable," said Peter Sturrock, Stanford professor emeritus of applied physics and an expert on the inner workings of the sun.

He does not sound worried, is he? Maybe it is because he is a scientist in search of truth and not someone trying to scare readers for whatever the reason.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonicInfinity

From the article:
Something impossible has happened. Yet the “impossible” has been proven to be true.

I would much appreciate it if somebody could either post this supposed evidence, or, if it has already been posted, link to said thread that contains all the hard data and facts that prove this anomaly's existence.

"Then, in a series of papers published in Astroparticle Physics, Nuclear Instruments and Methods in Physics Research and Space Science Reviews, Jenkins, Fischbach and their colleagues showed that the observed variations in decay rates were highly unlikely to have come from environmental influences on the detection systems."

heres a link for you
news.stanford.edu...
edit on 20-4-2011 by sprocket2cog because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by SonicInfinity

The article appears to have sources cited/linked at the bottom of the webpage. You're wanting something more than what they provide? Looks like they all stem from research at Stanford and Purdue universities and end up linking directly to the Stanford release.

This is very interesting to me since is another factor bringing our reliance on radiometric dating into question. I think that's four factors counting against it now.

Thanks for the post, star and flag for the OP.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
The effects of multiple unknown (yet to be discovered) influences in the universe (like Neutrino's were at one point) will continue to be revised as we learn more.

However, much of our anthropological and paleontological ideas may have to be revised too. THAT is a different matter entirely, because our societies and cultures stubbornly insist that their 'facts' are immutable.

Many have contended that the carbon dating practice needed to be more thoroughly 'vetted'.... two approached to this possible "news" will surface. The priestly-class scientists threatened by the changing of the foundations of their work will organize a scientific 'social' response (as with many things.. like climate change and evolution) pressing down hard on anything that challenges established theory; or they will ... what? Can anyone guess?

By the way... "Established Theory" means anything upon which a career can be based... books, publications, and science 'celebrity'...
edit on 20-4-2011 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
isn't this along the lines of what the tinfoil people said it would happen?

a change in the sun's frequency output would result and changes and mutation of dna?

it does not terrify me at all, as far as im concerned we are already mutants with a narcisistic nature.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Ok guys, I will quote most important parts, w8 a sec.
(thank god posts can be edited within 4 hours
)

Edit: Done, I took parts of the article and quoted them.
edit on 20-4-2011 by Farnhold because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
so unlike the whiners above, i took the 1 second it took to click on the link and read the actual article. all i gotta say is DAMN.

+16 more 
posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by PrinceDreamer
This post may be interesting, but I cant just read a wall of text like that, you need to break it down in to sections and paragraphs, it is too hard on the eyes

Rather than complain to just one person, the OP, do us all a favor and spend your time--only a few seconds--to copy the text into a word processor and suit yourself to every possible whim you can imagine such as colors, font sizes, bullets, indents, layouts, etc. That would be, oh, so much more fun and enlightening to yourthan a bitch about what you don't like to read. Give us a break. Grow up and get serious.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
it leaves an interesting question, we know about solar cycles since 1755, we have experienced solar maximums before. why is it happening this time and not previously?

its either fearmongering or more fuel for the 2012 fire.

id say probably both are correct.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

<<   2  3  4 >>

join