It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists worried: Strange emissions by sun are suddenly mutating matter

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
What about it's not the rate of radioactive decay that is speeding up, it's staying constant.
But it's time iteself ?

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by kennyb72
reply to post by soficrow

What I find fascinating is that this phenomena was discovered by accident when a scientist decided to use the decay of an isotope to generate random numbers. In all these years didn't it occur to anyone to double check to establish if a scientific constant was actually constant, unbef#@!nglievable.

Either that or it really is a new phenomena.

Totaly agree though incredibly exciting.

Maybe some noob suggested it - but would have been shot down. And maybe they just said it was an accidental discovery, to Deflect the malice and ire.

...Doubt it's a new phenomena - maybe cyclic, and I suspect observed by some ancients. There seem to be a few hints here and there.

edit on 21/4/11 by soficrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius

Anyone with half a brain should have already known we can't rely on radiometric dating...

Any time you're trying to use something that is only verifiable for a minute fraction of the time period it's used for, you can't possibly know that it has remained constant for that entire time.

This concept goes back to the very bed rock of what was used for the foundation of the house of cards for the majority of the physical sciences paradigms... The measurement of erosion rates and the extrapolation that various layers must have taken X period of time due to our current measurements of said erosion rates.

There is NO way to know that erosion rates have been constant, there is no way to know that radio decay rates have been constant. We can only know what we measure for the time frames that we actually measure.

People say that the best indicator of valid science is the ability to predict future events....

I challenge anyone to show me where science has accurately predicted anything for a length of time beyond that which they had already measured. IOW, for example, the predicted locations of planets based on formulae that was developed has always needed to be tweeked to be accurate for any duration beyond that which had already been measured.

The modern paradigms of science are all wrong...

the only historic scientific truth is that science is never currently accurate.

Jaden
edit on 21-4-2011 by Masterjaden because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
This got me thinking.....
If it is cyclic, or has at least happened before,
perhaps it could explain some the evolutionary leaps we observe in evidence? Moments when mutations happened rather suddenly, on a large scale?

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hypnagogia
What about it's not the rate of radioactive decay that is speeding up, it's staying constant.
But it's time iteself ?

Even under Einstein's theories of relativity, time must speed up....

Space and time are inextricably interlinked and space cannot be created, so as the universe expands, space must stretch, the farther it is stretched, the faster time must travel. The farther from the center of the universe we go, the faster time travels. This is how certain inexplicable phenomena can be explained, such as apparent FTL travel measured in farther reaches of the universe. It's not that things are traveling at FTL speeds, it's that time is moving faster relative to our location, so they appear to be moving FTL.

It also explains an apparent accelerating expansion of the universe with no mechanism to explain it. Time is moving faster, not the actual expansion itself...

Jaden

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Check this out

www.youtube.com...

Otamad

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
......would it also support the "expanding earth" hypothesis??

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Masterjaden

Thanks sir, appears we're generally in alignment on these views.

Fossilized trees, for example, reaching through several strata are very telling to me, as well as the requirements for fossilization in general (quick burying in something that protects from air and scavengers). To me, it all screams flooding on very large scale (yeah, that flood) since we've seen that floods can also produce stratification.

I think the whole gradualistic approach to most of these concepts will be on its way out eventually.

Be well.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Would this explain why there never seems to be enough hours in the day to get things done these days ?

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Farnhold

Wow! Apparently, there is a direct relationship between our sun and the Earth.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So if that is the truth, then it makes sense for the neolibs to Step 1: label everybody - Global
Warming Deniers - Step 2: Cover it ONLY as a political story and NOT a science story.
If they turn towards science then the HOAX is revealed.

edit on 21-4-2011 by Eurisko2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I always thought that this is how and why things change throught time on earth and in the universe(evolution)
check out eletcric universe & tesla maybe we are living through a step in the evolution of time and space (5d world) as some call it it sounds bad to me either way as we have no control over any of this as we are just part of it.

FOUND THIS CHECK IT OUT
thefutureofthings.com...

Trillions of neutrinos pass through our bodies every second, but you don't notice; they pass through space and the Earth with almost no effect. (Source: Queen Mary, University of London)

HERE IT IS IN FULL
Neutrinos come from outer space, either shot out from the sun or left over from the Big Bang. Despite their abundance, there are only few techniques to explore their nature; furthermore, past research has yielded mixed, inconclusive results.

Neutrinos are important since scientists believe they could be the key to understanding how the universe has evolved over time; moreover, becoming familiar with neutrinos might help astronomers learn about deep-space events like supernovas, active galaxies and gamma-ray bursts. Last, but not least, is one of the biggest mysteries regarding our universe: why we have lots of matter, but only tiny amounts of anti-matter?

At the end of November, Queen Mary's Particle Physics Research Centre received the T2K experiment data. The T2K Collaboration is a 500-strong alliance of scientists in 12 countries who have come together to investigate the neutrino. By firing the most intense neutrino beam ever designed, it is now possible to observe what happens to the particles as they travel through our planet. The beam passed underground from Tokai on the east coast of Japan to a detector on the country's west coast.

The beam’s purpose was to analyze what happens when neutrinos pass through Earth. Dr Francesca Di Lodovico, one of the team’s members, explained: "Trillions of neutrinos pass through our bodies every second, but you don't notice; they pass through space and the Earth with almost no effect. This makes neutrinos very difficult to study and yet they are thought to play a fundamental role in the formation of the universe and understanding where we came from."

Neutrinos are created as a result of certain types of radioactive decay or nuclear reactions such as those that take place in the sun, in nuclear reactors, or when cosmic rays hit atoms. "Theories predict there should be three types of neutrinos," says Lodovico. These three types are electron neutrinos, muon neutrinos, and tauon neutrinos; each type also has a corresponding antiparticle, called ‘antineutrinos’. Unexpectedly, early data seems to suggest that they can change type from one to another, an observation which has profound implications on our understanding of the universe," he said.

Thanks to the new data, the rapidly changing particle might be understood better. "T2K will quickly advance our understanding of the strange properties of the enigmatic neutrino to unprecedented precision,” Lodovico said. “Within a year, we will be able explore neutrino properties beyond the reach of the current experiments and shed light on the unknown."

TFOT has also covered new sensors that measure cosmic microwave backgrounds, which might help understand the universe’s origins better, and the first underwater neutrino telescope, built by CNRS and CEA. Other TFOT stories that deal with particle physics include the piece Demonstration of the Unusual Effects of Quantum Particles, which discusses this exhibition, made at the University of Bonn, and one covering the development of an enhanced technique to detect photon entanglement, made at Caltech.

For more information about the T2K experiment, see the press release published by Queen Mary's Particle Physics Research Centre.

edit on 21-4-2011 by GreatScot because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-4-2011 by GreatScot because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
According to the article the web site states, news.discovery.com... it currently raises no cause for concern to human life.

Sleep well tonight my children.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by prevenge
interesting video quite on point of topic if I do say so myself....

Thanks for posting this, this confirms my previous thoughts on the topic.

Very interesting stuff. Ill look into carbon 7 XD
edit on 21-4-2011 by RisenAngel77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
What blew my mind was that looking more into it I read this article here:
news.stanford.edu...

And close to the end of the article it says...
"All of the evidence points toward a conclusion that the sun is "communicating" with radioactive isotopes on Earth, said Fischbach."

Wow.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by kennyb72

Neutrinos pass straight through everything including your body constanly 24/7. This scientist is presenting a theory, not fact. They do these papers to get grants is the main reason. And he is talking about 10 of them, they are not even matter. All he is doing is seeing a result of something, and guessing at what is causing it. You have probably 50 million going through your body right this second and every second.

Most neutrinos passing through the Earth emanate from the Sun. Every second, in the region of the Earth, about 65 billion (6.5×1010

Pauli originally named his proposed light particle a neutron. When James Chadwick discovered a much more massive nuclear particle in 1932 and also named it a neutron, this left the two particles with the same name. Enrico Fermi, who developed the theory of beta decay, coined the term neutrino in 1934 as a way to resolve the confusion. It is the Italian equivalent of "little neutral one".

Because antineutrinos and neutrinos are neutral particles it is possible that they are actually the same particle. Particles which have this property are known as Majorana particles. If neutrinos are indeed Majorana particles then the neutrinoless double beta decay process is allowed. Several experiments have been proposed to search for this process.

Before the idea of neutrino oscillations came up, it was generally assumed that neutrinos travel at the speed of light. The question of neutrino velocity is closely related to their mass. According to relativity, if neutrinos are massless, they must travel at the speed of light. However, if they carry a mass, they cannot reach the speed of light.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   

this is very strange, alot of people around me have been eating less, feeling more iritable as if sick, I myself have felt the mental strain of the Flu but not being physicaly effected or even having the virus.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Our sun and our solar system are entering the stream of energy and particles emanating from the center of the Milky Way galaxy. This is not only affecting the behaviour of matter on our sun and earth, but our consciousness as well. The simple reason is that all matter is energy, and mind and body are actually one.

So, many will be awakened by this new energy, as they will able to accept it and benefit from it, whereas those who resist will be destroyed by it. It is the same with the forces of sun, water, air and earth that sustain us in life, but which break us down after we die.

Enjoy the ride : )

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Mars used t have an atmosphere too, then a huge burst of Gamma radiation waves blew it away. Killed the planet, we're next.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Ridiculous...author of that article just spun a bunch of random sun studies into his own "terror of the sun" story. If scientists in mass were really panicking...it would be main stream by now...move along..nothing to see here.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Bet the ascension believers are all over this.

Interesting article nonetheless.

ALS

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join