It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are shadow people suddenly acting so strangely

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
If you have been losing abnormal amounts of sleep, that has a huge effect on the perception of "shadow people"

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by sepermeru
reply to post by OrphenFire

"Almost certainly"? Could you elaborate on your differential process in reaching this diagnosis, Doctor? How did you eliminate the numerous other psychotic disorders, and how indeed have you concluded that this condition is causing the patient dysfunction or difficulty in life? Have you interviewed his family and friends? Have you, indeed, even met with the patient once, Doctor? I hope you don't run your practice like this. You'll soon be losing that Internet Expert license.

Why do you think I say "almost certainly" and "almost assuredly"? It's because I acknowledge that I am never 100% confident of anything, and I will never stand 100% by anything unless I am completely and entirely positive that I am right. The only time I am that sure of anything is if I have undeniable proof that I can share with people.

You cannot prove or disprove the sighting of apparitions because when someone "sees" them, they are fleeting glimpses or peripheral visions. When a person experiencing these sightings turns to look at what they thought was a "shadow person" it is gone and no longer visible. Why? Because it wasn't real. It could have been your brain playing a trick on you: sometimes when we see shadows or objects in our peripheral, the brain cannot interpret what it is almost seeing, and therefore builds a mental image of what it thinks it is. When you turn to look at what you thought was a person in the corner of your eye, you discover it's the shadow cast by the drapes on the wall.

More extreme is hallucinations. Schizophrenia is a mental disorder that causes auditory and/or visual hallucinations. What the person suffering from this disorder sees and hears is fabricated by his/her own brain. None of it is real. This becomes a major problem for serious cases: the schizophrenic begins to lose touch with reality. What's real? What's a hallucination? He cannot be sure. He loses his sanity. A schizophrenic is not insane because of his schizophrenia, directly. He is insane because his brain cannot cope with what he experiences on a daily basis. Sometimes, a schizophrenic determines that everything he sees is real, therefore he has no need to take medication, which will probably end in disaster for that person.

It's easy to claim the existence of invisible beings. It's conveniently infallible because you cannot disprove their existence. Convenient that cameras can't take pictures of them, video cameras cannot capture video of them, and recording devices cannot capture audio of them. There is no means by which to record and prove the existence of an invisible being. It's called an infallible hypothesis. You cannot disprove it, because the hypothesis itself claims its own infallibility.

It's like someone who says, "I can turn invisible, but only when nobody is looking."

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Ok, here is what I don't understand.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

People who believe in this stuff won't allow any scientific investigations into it.

So you want a reasonable person to believe in this without any basis?

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ZombieFinny

"Schizophrenia"

Ah yes..the name they give it when they have no clue to what IT is!

Just like possession.They said Annaliese(a girl who was possessed) had epilepsy.How do we know she wasn't possessed?But name it epilepsy and it becomes something less scary to think about for people!To know the truth would frighten people.No one wants to believe things like possession or demons might be real or they would live a paranoid life!Think about it!

Are we better off not knowing?I heard you're never suppose to show demons interest or they could be drawn to you!Sounds crazy huh?But if aliens are real like a lot of people are saying then why not demons?Maybe they are the same?

And I mentioned I see the shadows too a while back and I still do.And usually they were just at the sides you know in my peripheral,but it seems they are moving closer because I've jumped a few times because normally they're gone before I look to see them but yeah lately I will look and they stand there for a quick second longer so now it's like they're getting braver like they were scared before...it's crazy I know and people might think I'm just saying this for attention or whatever but I honestly do see these.."things"

It can be scary sometimes but to me it just seems like they're just trying to communicate.

The priest said Annaliese was possessed and the doctor said Annaliese had epilepsy.Who's right?Is this where the age old questions come in like ..Does god exist and does the devil exist...If God does then so does the devil and vice versa..hey maybe that's why all the top celebrities are promoting satanism.Do they know something we don't?

Doesn't it seem like Satan is taking over?Why can't people see that?"The best trick the devil ever played was making people think he didn't exist"...but now "it's" trying it's hardest to prove to you he does exist and he's in complete control!

Why do people think the Devil exists?Because the people on tv are are making us think that!

It's just too mind boggling to comprehend isn't it?

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by OrphenFire

I think you may live a sheltered life, as I do not watch them there are many "ghost hunting" shows out there with accounts of such events. There are more than a bakers dozen of individuals that have encountered such events and I do not think I have met anyone who has not encountered this at least once and I am quite traveled. I have even spent some time in the state you claim to be from and there are many superstitions and stories there. Two of my sisters still live there and still talk about the things some people do to invoke or avoid such encounters. When it comes to ignorance I guess it could be worse...it could be me.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
For a shadow person to travel from the moon to earth
requires only an eclipse.

During the minutes that the shadow of the moon falls on the earth
they can zip right down instantly
at the same speed the shadow travels at.

This is true for all the planets and moons in the solar system when ever they transit the sun,
casting their shadow on us,
or the earth casts it's shadow on them.

The inner planets of Venus and Mercury frequently transit the sun
from the point of view of the earth.
The outer planets never get a shadow from earth
as the inclination of their orbital plane causes them to be either above, or below the shadow of the earth
when they are in opposition.

Except maybe mars. But it's inclination to earths orbital plane is 1.8 degrees which is far too great for the shadow of Earth to strike the surface of Mars. The last time Mars was even close enough was August 10th 1971 and even then from the surface of mars, earth did not cast a shadow on mars in its transit the sun.

The last time it happened that the shadow of Earth reached mars was 2277 bc. The next one is 5003 ad.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/64311dbf75fa.png[/atsimg]

Notice in this picture that the shadow of the Earth and Moon are not centered on the sun. Their shadow will pass far above Mars in 2084.

...So, this leaves us with the Moon, Venus, and Mercury.

I submit to you that the types of shadow people are from those planets. The ones with hats are from earth, the hooded ones from Venus, and the new sketchy ones are from Mercury. They are arriving here in larger numbers just for the coming events. Ring side seats, as it were.

David Grouchy
Hope that helps.
edit on 20-4-2011 by davidgrouchy because: spelling and format

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Im think i agree with you with shadow people acting strangley and i think i know why, let me know if you understand where i'm coming from...Shadow people usually prefer being secluded and don't like the extra attention.. But the King Shadows or GOd Shadows Or the Highest Rank of shadow people are Vibrating at such a High Rate that shadow people everywhere are having weird and strange behavior.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
They have been acting quite strange, Typically they stand back from me now they are coming closer even touching me as-if in Awe.

It was quite disturbing last night I went to go to sleep and I turn and find one looming over me as I lay down
Talking in a language I could not understand

Yes I am diagnosed with a myriad of Mental illnesses Yes I am able to distinguish reality, these are not hallucinations.. because I cannot feel hallucinations nor can I hear them.

They seem distraught or Upset over something.

EDIT:

Perhaps we are getting closer to that big crunch where we ascend and these are peoples images from the future warning us of Hardship yet to endure ?

Remember folks we are evolving.
edit on 20-4-2011 by Gestas because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by wedidgothacked

interesting that you said that about seeing the little shadow animals cuz i was by myself last night in my living room and my two dogs were outside when i saw some movement out of the corner of my eye so turn to look and right then something runs through the little swinging gate that seperates the living room from the kitchen and its knee or something accidentally hits it making a loud noise and it run down the hall in a like orangish pinkish blur too fast for me to see what it actually was though it was about the size of a small dog which i could make out. So i got up real quickly and ran down the hall to see if i could find or catch what it was but i couldnt find anything and i went to let the dogs in which they dont have any doggy door to get in or anything so i know it wasnt one of them. But it was also weird that when i walked into the kitchen to let the dogs in all the lights and tv like flickered and you could feel like static electricity in the air. im just wondering if anybody knows what that could have been.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Quoted from the DSM (Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, 4th. Edition.)

Schizophrenia;

Characteristic symptoms: Two (or more) of the following, each present for a significant portion of time during a 1-month period (or less if successfully treated):
- Delusions
- Hallucinations
- Disorganized Speech
- Grossly disorganized or catatonic behavior
- Negative symptoms, i.e., affective flattening, alogia, or avolition

**Note that only one symptom is needed for diagnosis if the delusions are bizarre or hallucinations consist of a constant voice.

I have no intentions of attempting to publicly embarrass you or discredit anything that you may believe, however there is a possibility that you may in fact be Schizophrenic. Schizophrenia is a very serious disorder if left untreated for long periods of time. That is not to say that it is a terminal illness because it is a very manageable condition with the proper medication and treatment.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by RoguePhilosopher

NOT!!!!!! SCHIZTO IS A SYMPTOM OF SEEING SHADOW PEOPLE!!!!!

SECOND LINE!!!!

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I've read most of this thread. However, I am on the post (fence) so to speak. Really, I do not want to sound like a nutter, but here is my latest nutter story:

My room mate keeps seeing shadows of human beings walking the hallways of the house. Now.... I have, but never mentioned it. My dogs see it; as they look towards the ceiling as if they see something. Mind you, my roomy is quite sound psychologically.

Rarely do I see such things. When you add my three dogs and my roomy together......there seems to be something going on.

Don't know what to say. Definitely, I do see them. Yet I brush them off as fantasy. However, I know this is not fantasy for everyone. No way am I implying that any one is crazy. Just a strange quirk of reality.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy
go to the doctors, have your eyes tested....then go to a psychiatrist and get checked out for mental illness, ie Schizophrenia.

If this doesnt answer your questions then maybe see a psychologist, if all this fails to answer what your seeing id be VERY surprised.

Just because you can explain it using the vaguest science out there, doesn't mean they aren't real

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ZombieFinny

All jokes aside, I truly have been seeing these shadows out of the corner of my eye since I was very young. I have noticed an increase in the shadows over the last year, sometimes many right after another. I have always thought that it was just my eyes playing tricks on me, but now more and more people are claiming to see these beings. All things being equal, the most likely explanation is that this is a trick our eyes/minds play on us..I hope

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by brilab45

well I was going to make a post refering to Schizophrenia, or too just confirm with everybody that I have never seen a shadow person. But after reading your post I had a revelation, I do somtimes 'feel' somthing is close to me or in the some room as me and on occasion when my cat is by myside and I have this feeling she is often caught in a trance staring at a blank wall or at nothing on the floor, I follower her eyes and they often slowly follow somthing but I for the life of my cannot see what she is look at. Somtimes I think that she could by going blind but she is only about 6 years old but then I can somtimes 'feel' an energy close by and she seems to be able to see it, I guess it could possibly be a type of shadow people.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by walkerjus

Also quoted from the DSM-

"Onset typically between late teens and early 30's with onset prior to late teens rare."
"It is a constellation of symptoms that cause disturbance in functioning."

The OP stated that they have seen shadow people for as long as they can remember. Presuming they can remember prior to the late teens, a dx of schizophrenia is highly unlikely. I would like to know how many of the posters that have diagnosed the OP with schizophrenia in absentia actually have any type of advanced degree or experience in psychology. Who has a copy of the DSM on their bookshelf ready to read and reference? Possibly Walkerjus (though that could've been an internet accessed DSM.) I'm a Masters level therapist who has been in the field, or trenches so to speak, since getting my graduate degree 11 yrs ago. To dx (diagnose) in absentia, especially with only one stated symptom (which may not even be a symptom) is extremely irresponsible and very rude. To dx in a forum like this is difficult at best even if one were to be privy to the absence or presence of other symptoms beyond what some presume as hallucinations. How much have you explored other aspects of the OP's life? Fact is, there are spirits, there are things that many don't see and others do. That doesn't mean that a person's perception of the unseen comes from a chemical imbalance. It's hard for some people to accept that there are things in this world or others that go beyond what the eye can see, what the hand can touch. So to all those armchair diagnosticians out there, Quit! It is not fair and very likely not accurate.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by dniMnepO

Animals seem to sense things more than we do. No, I won't brush this thread off as a nutter case. God said that there are more houses in his kingdom than we will ever actualize.

Just cause we can't see and explain things clearly does not mean anyone is crazy. Oxygen is invisable and we breathe it, yet we can not see it. There is much more to life than it seems.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by brilab45

I thought my mind was playing tricks on me.But I don't understand how the "mind plays tricks on you".Why is that the only logical answer?

The shadowy forms that can be seen when keep your eyes focused straight ahead but concentrate looking out the sides of your eyes and you will see them!They come in and out of your vision!It's like we can see better or another layer of a dimension that we can't see while looking straight!and believe it or not but it's like they are trying to get your attention!

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by GodIsPissed

The shadowy forms that can be seen when keep your eyes focused straight ahead but concentrate looking out the sides of your eyes and you will see them!They come in and out of your vision!It's like we can see better or another layer of a dimension that we can't see while looking straight!

You can use essentially the same method to begin to see peoples auras (demystified-the bodies electromagnetic field)

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by GodIsPissed

Well..I got your reply and am not sure if you meant it for me. Can't answer your questions buddy. I just wish you the best and hope you are OK. We all see things at times that are unexplainable. I for one have had those experiences. However, they do not bother me. Life is full of surprises. That's really all I can say.

Best regards.

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join