It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are shadow people suddenly acting so strangely

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I regularly see shadow people, most are shy and stay just outside of my field of vision. Others stop to look at me (but don't seem to care that i'm there), while others don't seem to even notice me.

this started when i first woke up its now just gone 4:30 and i'm beginning to get concerned so i've made a thread.

Anyway, today i've noticed their numbers have increased from the one or two i normally see over the course of a day, and i've maybe seen 30 in total today. The weird thing is that they are acting aggressive and seem to be either trying to scare me or trying to get my attention (i've found that they have no physicality so they can't actually touch me).

By being aggressive i mean that they are getting their faces very close to mine, lurching their faces and sometimes their hands towards my face, and kind of bouncing their bodies back and forth (leaning back about 90 degrees then forewards at about a 90 degree angle, forewards and back repetitively), they also seem to be jittering or vibrating. It's unsettling but not necessarily scary, as they've been a part of my life as far back as i can remember and i've really become used to them.

Despite the fact that they have no effect on this world i don't want to give them the attention that they so crave, because they may have malicious intent, so even though i believe they can't harm me i don't want to be proved wrong...

i was just wondering, is the same happening to anyone else?
Also does anybody know what the possible cause could be for them to become suddenly so out of character?

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Why not take a picture or 2 if you are seeing so many?

+38 more 
posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by ZombieFinny

Schizophrenia can do this, I know.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Has your state of fear been going up while trust of others is going down? Do you believe these shadow people are actual entities or something your mind is projecting? I would think they are a projection of your mind, especially if your state of fear has been going up and trust of others going down, and you see that matched in the behavior of these entities.

There would of course be a way to find out if these shadow people are real... find someone else who can see shadow people, get together with them. And for a full day together note every single shadow person, what they were doing, their features, etc. If both of your visuals are closely correlated, then that shows the shadow people are real. If you are seeing completely different actions, they are projections of your mind.

Edit - Also, please list ALL the movies you've seen in the past year.
edit on 19-4-2011 by civilchallenger because: (no reason given)

+32 more 
posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by PoopDawg

Schizophrenia can do this, I know.

Doesn't necessarily mean it's not real. It could be that the mental illness results from the strain of perceiving what others cannot. That said, it is important to have help if that's the case.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
shadow people ??
or wandering souls

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
i walk into shadow people all the time

i just switch the light on and they go away, into the . . . eh . . . shadows

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I noticed the same thing some weeks ago. I still don't know what was up but it passed within a couple of days. I noticed that our metro was packed with them. Why would that be? My daughter and I saw them in buses even.

I had wondered at the time whether they were the normal shadow people we normally see or if they were shadows of an alternate reality, sort of like a split from this world but in shadow form, for whatever reason. I don't know... These days I just pretty much look at stuff and accept it for what it is, trusting that eventually it will fall into some context or another.

Things are weirder all the time, but we're not at the crescendo yet. There's a lot more to come. Just enjoy things for what they are.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
im seeing a lot of shadow animals too , small dogs and cats, i trip over them its most annoying

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   

A friend of mine says he can see these figures, only at night though.He said that even in a dark room these figures he can see are always darker.Thats how he notices them.

He said to me a couple of weeks ago (estimating) that these friends of his(his words) were acting strange.
I didnt pay much attention to him to be honest at the time.
I will re-thread when i speak to him next and tell you what he has seen.

If i saw something like that i would make a mess of my pants........a big mess.

I'll thread again soon

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
go to the doctors, have your eyes tested....then go to a psychiatrist and get checked out for mental illness, ie Schizophrenia.

If this doesnt answer your questions then maybe see a psychologist, if all this fails to answer what your seeing id be VERY surprised.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
symptoms of Schizo. go see shrink

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Ive battled with schizophrenia since I was a child, ranging from floating dead girls flying toward me to 18 wheelers about to plow into me, best thing to do is go get checked out. Have you smelt anything funny without being able to find the source?

+75 more 
posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Doesn't have to be mental illness. Many others see shadow people as well. No need to be rude to the OP.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I would say pray. I'm not sure of your religious beliefs but my philosophy is everything has an opposite. There can be no evil without good and vice versa. For me, that good is God. I once had a bad experience with a shadow person when I was in middle school. It was 8 or 9 at night, 3 friends and I were in my front yard shooting around on my basketball hoop when the ball rolled in the front yard near our relatively tall fence. When I went to get the ball, a completely, solid black figure popped out from around the fence looked at me, then stepped back in one smooth motion... almost as if it was getting ready to run through the yard but was caught off guard by my being right there by the fence.

To my horror when I turned around I noticed that all of my friends had a look of panic and began shouting "WTF WAS THAT MAN???!!" Which let me know I wasn't just seeing things. I peeked around the fence just to make sure it wasn't one of the older guys from my cul-de-sac messing around, saw that NO ONE was there and instantly sprinted into the house yelling with my friends right behind me. We huddled in my room for the entire night. I didn't go to sleep till dawn. I don't think I'll ever forget that night.

Anyways, I told my parents who calmly directed me to the following verse to let us know that we weren't crazy and told me that when you come up against a "spirit" or what have you and feel scared or in danger, confidently pray.

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places." Ephesians 6:12 (King James Version)

..It's not like you can punch a shadow man in the face or stab him. Just my two cents.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
If you are "seeing shadow people" frequently, please with all due respect, seek professional help. I mean it. I am truly concerned for your well being. A common side effect of Carbon Monoxide poisoning is Hallucinations.

Get checked by a doctor. I mean it.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by PoopDawg

ive just put i down to random shadows but ...eh should i get checked, i smell fine

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I find it very interesting that you are seeing them all over, and doing odd things. While I think a healthy bit of skepticism is warranted in every case, I have personally seen and interacted with these things before, although have not been fortunate enough to capture one on film.

I have typically seen two types:

The Hooded/Cloaked Shadow Figure: They look a lot like old-time monks with their hoods up. From what I have observed (and from anecdotal stories from others) they are more observers than anything else.

The Trenchcoat/Fedora Shadow Figure (which is in my avatar): These beings seem to love to "scare" people, and make a habit of showing up when you least expect them to. I find these particular types to be malevolent and just downright evil.

When you mentioned that you are seeing them all over, this isn't the first time I have heard of something like this. Some of us believe that some sort of "happening" is going on, and that the "veil" between our world/dimension/plane and other planes/afterlife/dimensions is beginning to thin to the point where these things are "bleeding over" as an afterimage in our reality. It sounds pretty far-fetched even to me (yet I kind of believe it), but if you have already gone through the "proper" medical channels, without breaking the bank in the process, I would say to bring a camera where ever you go. Take a lot of photos and see what pops up. If they are congregating as much as you claim they are, hopefully you could get some sort of photo proof (this isn't to say that I don't believe you. I have just never had much luck getting them on film when it's just a single entity or a group of two or three....they always take off before I can get the camera out).

Good luck to you in whatever you decide, and seeing as you already realize that they cannot physically interact with us (unless you're unfortunate enough to run into one that can), I think you're already in good shape.

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   

en.wikipedia.org...

these are shadowey things

+7 more 
posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

Its not being rude. It's called being concerned.
I'm not saying he has a mental illness, what I'm saying is it is possible. What would it hurt to go to a doctor? I think its rude to convince him they are shadow people, considering if your wrong it could very well mess his life up.
just trying to be helpful.

edit on 19-4-2011 by PoopDawg because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join