It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are shadow people suddenly acting so strangely

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Your not alone in seeing Shadow People. I was just talking about this with a friend of mine from college and she has seen them too.
So maybe we are all hallucinating to some extent.
Maybe the Veil that keeps our worlds apart is getting thinner and people are seeing them more.
Maybe now, like so many other things that seem more frequent are being reported more because more people are using the internet and don't care anymore when other people call them mentally ill just because they were brave enough to share an extraordinary experience.
Maybe it's mental illness but getting all these tests people are trying to suggest cost $$$. I'd say go for the tests if each one of these wonderful folks who are pushing for "tests" agree to chip in for you to get them...
All in all, you (The OP), have stated you know they cannot hurt you physically.
Maybe they ARE trying to get your attention.
Maybe they are trying to communicate something to you. Maybe they are just like us and every now and then try to push their boundaries beyond their reality to see if what THEY ARE SEEING IS REAL (any paranormal research group).
Maybe it was a party and they were dancing...
I say give them the attention and see where that leads and if it begins to feel malevolent... then stop giving them attention.
it will either stop or it won't... but you won't find out the answer from anyone here... you just have to go with what you think is best.
I guess if your seeing them all the time then they aren't going anywhere anyway.
I know I would use this time to carefully study the interaction.
Hope to hear more!
edit on 19-4-2011 by Numb2itall because: Cause i'm not perfect

edit on 19-4-2011 by Numb2itall because: blarrrgh

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I have always seen these shadow people but always thought it was just my imagination .But after reading a lot into quantum mechanics I can see there might be a possibility they exist. As I have come to understand what other dimensions might be.

Besides this i have frequented a local grave yard for most of my life as a kid and now as an adult. With the hopes of seeing a ghost for more than 15 years of frequenting this grave yard I have only seen one ghost it was black and three dimensional ghost with human features arms legs etc...It had a dark Ora around it kind of like a fuzz. It looked like a shadow man.
I was sitting down on some steps at around 11 pm it walked right past me onto the graveyard road down the road About 75 feet took a left and went in behind some sarcophagus's I went after it and it disappeared. Ill never forget that that happened to me about 5 years ago.

edit on 19-4-2011 by enament because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I basically have two approaches to this. Ever since my psychedelic experiments in my twenties I wanted to see the "other world" of spiritualists and Castaneda and Qabbalah and failed for years. I saw all sorts of things in my meditations daily but nothing except for an aoccasional hash trance - hooded figures bowing to me and saying nothing.
Then years later I gave up all such experiemnts and went into a lot of NLP therapy and family constellation therapy (Bert Hellinger style). (I no longer take any mind-altering stuff except an ocasional glass of red wine.) SInce there I cleared my fears about going crazy away (I had a crazy stepmother who played an instrumentl role in forming my personality). Now I see them all the time, mostly in the evening. I think most are actually spirits, and there is another dimension - the astral. There is a war going on with the Theocrats on the one side, the Space People and the Elohim people on the other side. These unconscious influences do get their way into the movies and the entertainment world, so it is no surpirse that after a movie you see stuff in your periperal vision.

Some of them could be spirit guides, some groups of elelmentals, some simply crazy spirits still hanging on.
Shamanism makes the claim that shamans are very close to madness yet there is a cruial diffierence: shamans can handle the two realities while scizophrenics cannot. Also, a shaman's world is revelatory many times and you get useful info. I paid my respects to psychologists and psychiatrists but all they said as long as this is OK for me and I can control when I do not want to be disturbed by them and as long as I can live my daily life without me or the people around me suffering for my visionary stuff it should be OK. It is not these beings that constitute the main discussion with such people, rather my concepts about the world, relationships, money, childrearing etc. As expected, but good!

This is the experiential approach. What struck me here was the experiences submitted by some that says hooded figures are different and that there is a hierarchy. That is something no esoteric book gives a clear guideline on, except for my all-time favourite: War in Heaven by Kyle Griffith, a lifelong medium with a scientific outlook (totally off-off-new age). You can read this groundbreaking oeuvre online for free in several web sites, among them the author's boards at revolutionaryspiritualism.yuku.com...
Another place is Zeitlin.com. You can read by chapters.

The OP takes for granted that the phenomenon exists, so let's leave it at that, and I concur. With all respects to those that are disbelievers in alternate perceptions - there are two typical mistakes being committed here: one is when one simply denies the existence of the other world, or another dimentsion right next to ours and interacting, and another typical mistake is when one claims he or she knows all that there is to be known about them and starts to classify and correlate it with various metaphysical theories, densities etc.

I can see some part of the aura too if I focus my eyes differently. It is the colored rays one.

Well, the original question was why these being act weird recently?
I have a few theories.
Maybe the war in heaven is escalating and we are living through the end times with Fukushima and the Arab revolt and another one coming to the US very soon, Astral machineries are turned against their commissioners.
Sometimes though, I do get these figures - the non-useful and non-guide like ones - when there is a sickness or a sunspot flare approaching, and certainly at major earthquakes whwerever they are on the globe. Sometimes I saw them - kind of like a silent sci-.fi movie - right before a major virus attack.
They are more dramatic around the full moon which is now in Aries according to the Ancient Calendar. (I use Hindu astrology).

I would try to get the allegiances. Ask yes or no questions - if they belong to the Invisible College or if you have guides phsically visible you can safely interact with them. Theocratic spirits just watch you and do not interact if you are not on their side. (Scrap all sects and high "gurus" they don"t know anything. See for yourself, and if your curiosity is aroused, scan the texts at the War in Heeaven forum. There are no concrete admonitions - you are each expected to find your own way and share your observations on the Net.

That 's my five cents. I am a Spiritual Ravolutionary of Wiccan nature religion and Qabbalistic practices and I also welcome Christian Cabbala and traditional shamanism. I have seen my share of crazy mediums these days but that is the risk the Invisible College has to take.

That's my two cents, fellas.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
You could share your classifications of what spirits you see at what times. I think hooded ones are definitely spirit guides and they go a long way back.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
My favorite theory is that they are aliens in ultra-advanced cloaking suits with advanced capabilities in manipulating physical laws.

If you look at it from this angle you can pretty much explain the vast majority of myriad observations.

Ever since I saw one of these things straight on with my own eyes, and watched it exhibit very peculiar behavior I am now aware of their reality.

I am generally a science minded person and look to historical accounts and information in order to dissect a topic like this, and there is a endless treasure trove of reports to review in relation to the subject of "shadow people". Especially considering that we can fit virtually hundreds of "types" of historical reports into the "shadow" category. In the distant past, many regions lacked communication between each other, and so developed their own names/stories explaining this phenomena.

Anyways, I will link you to the story I posted on ATS describing exactly what I saw and the events surrounding it, including a picture I drew detailing the exact physical shape of this "creature". Also there is a lot of great discussion and stories shared within this thread, and many theories are presented.
My thread about the 8 foot tall shadow thing here at ATS

I never really paid attention to or took seriously the "shadow" topic until I actually saw one myself in real life dead on. Now I know it's all true, I saw the proof.
Obviously there is something really fishy going on here at Earth that we humans know almost Nothing about!! We are totally ignorant of what is actually going on here.

I can't help but say that I think the Extra-Terrestrial Hypothesis is my favorite, and I view it as the most likely explanation to this anomalous phenomena.

Good thread and discussion going here, thanks for sharing.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ZombieFinny

What is with this Mentality of if you see something non-physical you must be Schizophrenic?

That would have to be one of the great small-minded thinking illustrations.

Why we see things out of the corner of our eyes....

It's got to do with the structure within the eye. Rods point straight ahead in order to gather light from directly in front of you.. while the side vision is from cones that funnel larger amounts of Light into smaller receptors.. not the official words for all this oklay.

It is the cones that helps us to see peripherally... and we do see things that are non-physical, so when we see them we turn to look straight on.. using the rods of the eyes.. and are not able to see because the rods take in less light than the cones.

This is all natural.. and not at all anything to do with Schizophrenia.

The world we live in is filled with non-physical things that we mostly do not see unless you are trained to or have a natural ability to. These things are all around us all the time.

I also think many "symptoms of schizophrenia" are really what is normal for most people.. hearing voices and seeing things that aren't there in the physical world, etc. And how you deal with it depends on whether you can be trained to maintain balance between the worlds of Force and Form, or whether you will remain in the limitations of culture and are thus perceived as having some mental health issues.

I'm not saying mental illness does not exist.. it obviously does.. but the very natural things we humans have had as abilities since man first walked this planet, and that we have been indoctrinating out of everyone who is born here for hundreds of years, are not a part of mental illness.. they are our birthright for a race of Spiritual Beings living a Human Eperience.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Ok I have a quick question.

Are shadow people that sensation where you think you see something possibly corner of the eye, but its so quick, you kind of question whether you saw something at all ?

If so, then recently I have began seeing them again. I only remember seeing one whilst at work about 14 years ago, but in the last couple of weeks have seen quite a few, and an animal mainly, I think its a cat, a black one (why i say black when I can't actually see it as a black cat I don't know).

All began around the time I tried some of the remote viewing exercises on here.

Any idea's on what to do with them ?

Is it something to be built upon ?

Input would be great

If I'm wrong about the definition of shadow people then please will someone get me cyber sectioned lol, or better still insight into what it is

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

Yep tell them they are crazy, take a hand full of pills and presto. Your cured because your so drugged up it no longer matters.

The Healthcare industry destroys lives. Rarely does it help people. If your going to the doctor then you must be the one with a mental problem, not the person who talks of seeing shadow people.

Not sure why anyone feels the need to tell others what they should think.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
interesting topic ..i'd be pretty scared if i started seeing 'shadow people' i know of people who see the dead..is that the same? or is this something way different?

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I saw little shadowy forms that looked almost human, and they were roughly only 2 to 3 feet tall. They would dart from the corner of my eye, and at 15, I was more than a little spooked. It started once in a while,and grew in frequency until two years later when a tornado hit the house....and afterwards, nothing. Its not mental illness, its not demons or whatnot. They may be agitated, but what is your state of mind when you are witnessing their antics? If they are bothering you, tell them firmly to quit being foolish. There are more planes of existance than our own, and I like to think perhaps these shadow folk are our neighbors, after a fashion. My ex husband was visited by a cowled figure once, right after we made a major move away from my home. The vibe he got from this hooded shadow form was malignant, hostile, and he was really upset for a while. These shadows I think may have a vested interest in you, and us in general, just as we would if we could see beyond the veil. Once they can find a way to let you know what is going on, perhaps the answer will come... more than likely in dreams.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by volafox
I saw little shadowy forms that looked almost human, and they were roughly only 2 to 3 feet tall. They would dart from the corner of my eye, and at 15, I was more than a little spooked. It started once in a while,and grew in frequency until two years later when a tornado hit the house....and afterwards, nothing. Its not mental illness, its not demons or whatnot. They may be agitated, but what is your state of mind when you are witnessing their antics? If they are bothering you, tell them firmly to quit being foolish. There are more planes of existance than our own, and I like to think perhaps these shadow folk are our neighbors, after a fashion. My ex husband was visited by a cowled figure once, right after we made a major move away from my home. The vibe he got from this hooded shadow form was malignant, hostile, and he was really upset for a while. These shadows I think may have a vested interest in you, and us in general, just as we would if we could see beyond the veil. Once they can find a way to let you know what is going on, perhaps the answer will come... more than likely in dreams.
..hee hee ok i'm spooked now im off to bed

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Sweet Dreams, Sitchen!!

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Hmmm. Interesting thread.

First of all, when someone tells you to go to a doctor for a non-physical ailment, remember that if you tell them the truth about what you are "seeing" that you will get medicated. Unfortunately, doctors do little more than push pills and moderate dosages. Doctors are really good for suturing wounds, setting broken bones, and doing various surgeries, as medical knowledge about the physical body has bounded in leaps since the dark ages. There are machines that give the doctors good internal pictures of ailments in the physical body (CAT scans, MRIs, Ultrasounds, etc), and a lot of their knowledge comes from non-invasive techniques. Just because you are "seeing" something, in this case, a "shadow being", does not mean you have a physical ailment. I have to ask the OP if there are any physical ailments involved, such as high blood pressure, glaucoma, diabetes, etc, with them or even a family history. Physical ailments affect the way the mind works, and the mind tries to heal any physical maladies. Let's establish that the OP is relatively healthy, as are all the others with such "sightings".

Secondly, the mind is NOT understood by modern medicine. They HAVE mapped the human genome (nods to loves a conspiracy), but they have no clue as to how it works, and that is only the physical body. They poke prod and tinker, trying to backwards engineer the whole system, try to make stem cells into something they can use in a lab, and plod onward with genetic research, hoping to someday understand how 4 simple amino acids make up the DNA of every living thing on this planet. Consciousness is terra incognito in the scientific realm. Sure, you can map billions of neurons and axions firing in whatever pattern you want, and they can say this portion of you brain does this and that, but they are only "seeing" what their instruments tell them, and have no idea how it all meshes together. What they have defined is what a "normal" person is, and they want everyone else to conform to that standard, allowing a few deviations either way. "Normal" people go to work everyday, don't see or hear things, socialize, pay taxes, sometimes raise a family, eat three meals a day, sleep for eight hours, and you know how to be "normal" by now, if you aren't medicated or in an institution. It's been drilled into you by your parents first, and society during the rest of the time. There is no agreed scientific explanation as to what consciousness actually is. Fact. The whole "shadow people" phenomena is visually and mentally oriented. It's not a physical illness at all, and therefore should not be treated by medication.

That said, it's my opinion that there are latent abilities humans have that are repressed and trained "out" during childhood conditioning, and the brain re-wires itself to "adjust" to societal standards. "Normal" people do this easily, and become the vast "sheeple" population. There are others in which the abilities can't be repressed, due to the fact the brain is developing in it's "normal" fashion, and in those cases, societal programming doesn't always hold, and the brain wires itself as it should. Here's my question: What if the brain's natural evolutionary advancement is being curtailed by society? Allow me to dance on the "evolution" side of the fence for a brief moment, saying the brain has been evolving for hundreds of thousands of years, being curtailed periodically by a natural catastrophe, but the overall sum is that our current brain functions are at an intermediate stage on it's way to developing into something else. Evolution takes natural diversity to function, and with the outcome of civilization we have reduced diversity into something we control. Natural selection no longer is a prominent factor in our own evolution. We may have upset a natural evolutionary cycle by becoming civilized, and not allowing certain members of our society to evolve. Research wil reveal that the human brain currently can hold about 9.5 terabytes of data, about 900 years worth of information. If the brain is responsible for healing the body, there's no reason why we couldn't achieve that sort of lifespan.

Thirdly, I think the "ancients" had knowledge of this. I think the knowledge was lost. I think certain people are "different", and have the keys to understanding this lost knowledge. I think their brains are wired a bit different, and they are perceptive to different versions of the reality that "society" makes us conform to. I also think every human has the ability to "rethink" what they are taught, but most are too comfortable and too lazy to change.

Lastly, I "feel" something big coming up. In my opinion the "shadow" folk are from a close "multiverse" and are trying to warn us. I would say they have been monitoring us for a while, knowing that only a small percentage of the population is able to "see" them through their dimensional projection. To be fair, aliens fall under the same category, only as a different race of beings. Who is to say how we will evolve?

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Tayesin

Gotcha, I agree, but I tried telling it in scientific terms. We see the same sort of things, it's only our definitions that are different.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Lets see how open minded and tolerant everyone here is when I offer my opinion.

Revelation 12:12

...Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.

These "shadow" persons you are seeing are nothing but demonic entities. My prediction is that these sightings will increase, and get much worse. They haven't been confined exclusively to earth yet see above verse)... but they soon will be and then it will truly be hell on earth.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Hey ya hi,

Id like to douse a fire on an idea that some have. Respectfully of course.
Hooded shadow figures are the worst when it comes to encounters. You just have to be that unlucky to be face to face with one.

Alright, hears my thing. Straight up im not a religious man. So i live my day to day always asking the big question.

But asides from all that, it was a few years back. I worked on the USS Abraham Lincoln (Aircraft Carrier United States Military) . One night in the berthing (sleeping quarters) an incredibly vivid dream began to occur (most vivid i have ever had).

I found myself on my grandmothers old blue couch in her house. Same environment settings. Everything looked very convincing and i knew at this point i was in a dream.

So anyways, im laying on her couch. Its late at night and my view is fixed on something outside her window. Its a blue light in the shape of a diamond. It fades from a rather bright blue to a dim blue. I felt hypnotised but relaxed. I could hear it glowing. Sounded like the tri-force sounds from the old N64 Zelda Ocarina of time game.

But then it happened. I heard a scream from the back of her house, or over the back part of the couch (keep in mind im laying down longways). It was the scream of what i thought was a woman being brutally murdered in the night. I thought to myself, "Oh god, my mom or my grandma are in danger! I have to go help them" But when i tried to get up i couldnt. I was paralysed. Not with fear but.....something else. Like my body was magnetised to itself.

As i tried to move the scream stopped for a few brief seconds and then it was next to me. Just this black smokey figure, screaming in my left ear. When i looked over i could clearly see a hooded figure and it was producing that scream. It was so loud. it just wouldnt stop, i could feel it, could feeel the proximity of it against my face.

Im sorry this is so long but i gotta get it out. Ever since i saw the sketch of what lots of people have claimed to have seen (That being the hooded shadow person), i became a believer. Straight up. This experience was REAL and no one will ever convince me otherwise.

So, as the story was going

I then awoke from the dream. I was back in the ship berthing in my rack (i was laying flat on my back).........but i still couldnt move. It was like i was still...dreaming. And if you think thats creepy, just a few seconds after awakening and struggling to move (which i could not), something in the corner of my eye thrust out at me, grabbed my arm and litteraly pulled me back into the dream!

Back in again i could see that the hooded figure was the one that had grabbed me. It was so vivid. I could feel the cold. Feel what felt like wind from its mouth. It was still screaming. Its mouth blacker than any black i had ever seen. It was looking right at me.....right in my eyes.

I finally awoke, free from the paralyses that had set in.

I swear this....thing is real. They are real. They are here, watching, living, scaring.

Listen, im telling you it f****** touched me. It pulled me back in. I have never heard of that happening to anyone. Im not sick. Ive been checked out.

You better believe i was down in the ships physchs office explaining what had happened. She had no end conclusion and the study is closed.

We are not alone......

Late
edit on 19-4-2011 by mthgs602 because: More info

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I think that the shadow beings are acting out because the earth's frequency is rising. This can account for the strange vibrations or low hums people are hearing all over the world. (Not to mention super-storm clusters, dead animals, earthquakes..etc etc) These beings are of the lower frequency range and cannot tolerate the higher frequencies. We will be seeing a lot more of this type of thing in the near future...

That's my theory and I'm sticking to it!

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Could it be that people with schizophrenia really are seeing into other realms that most of us are unable to? Our way of dealing with it being to label it off as some kind of illness.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by mthgs602

I have these dreams often.

Where a family member is in distress I want to help, I have the sense that there is something in the room with me or something is watching me, I wont be able to move stuck to the bed I can slightly shake ( If I focus on shaking hard enough I will typically wake up from the dream and break away from the sleep paralysis.) but sometimes I will think I'm awake and find I am not (which if called a false awakening).
Typically happens in ET themed dreams, or a spirit or maybe what you'd call a shadow person but have never seen any physical manifestation in those dream themes.
Also during these dreams I can feel things like heat, cold and pressure. Meaning I'm probably more in the conscious state then dream state.

I personally, think they are just dreams.

But what I do find weird is how so many people can have almost the same exact dream why do we focus on these themes?
It's just interesting to think about.

As for OP, I don't really know the theory that has stuck with me about shadow people is the MIB or men of the future idea where they are hearing either controlling our "destiny" or harvesting energy or something along those lines I think I lean toward that theory typically because of the common dress style people talk about.

But anyway sticking with that theory, maybe there is something important going on in our world at this moment or to come in the near future that is causing there to be either more of them or more heavy "traffic" between here and where they come from?

I don't tend to think these kinds of things are real (maybe only for sanity sake) but I enjoy looking out side the box.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ZombieFinny

I've been noticing the same thing. They have really bothering my cat as of late too. Last night I had one right in my face like it was trying to get my attention.

Don't worry it's not schizophrenia.

What can be asserted without proof can be disproven without proof.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join