It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are shadow people suddenly acting so strangely

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by troubleshooter
reply to post by ZombieFinny

Jesus confronted two 'demoniacs'...

Matthew 8:28-29 And when he came to the other side, to the country of the Gadarenes, two demoniacs met him, coming out of the tombs, so fierce that no one could pass that way. 29 And behold, they cried out, "What have you to do with us, O Son of God? Have you come here to torment us before the time?"

Do you think that maybe it's now the time?

edit on 20/4/11 by troubleshooter because: (no reason given)

No offense intended to you at all, but I personally don't take stock in written scripture or organized religion for that matter, but at least in my personal experience with the "normal" hauntings, families who use prayer are also very strong willed in their faith, and sometimes intention is enough to rid one's home of the creepy things. The words of their own personal faith do help, however.

Now, with that being said, these Shadow Beings in question don't respond to prayer, and I have even read one or two accounts where they actually laugh at people using the Bible to rid their home of the Shadow Being. Many demonic presences do the same thing, but eventually they are eliminated from the home and forced to cross back over. These Shadow Beings keep coming back until they are made aware of the laws that we follow as free-willed beings sharing the same space. Sometimes all they need to hear is "hey, you are kinda intruding on my personal space, would you mind getting out?" Some of the ones that used to regularly visit me no longer come back because that's all I had to say to them. I'll have to do some more research to see if prayer has worked before in other cases of Shadow Beings.

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker
edit on 20-4-2011 by truthseeker1984 because: grammar errors because I'm getting sleepy

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by amongus

Yes, I have a huge interest in the UFO/alien phenomenon only because I had an encounter when I was a child. Ive never told my story to anyone, and don't plan on it either.

I perfectly understand you there. I have one particular experience which I will not share with anybody but my close circle of friends. You could say it is the reason why I got serious with paranormal investigation.

I was wondering about the shadow people being an ET presence, and honestly I just cant make the connection! If anything, I lean towards some people having a certain sense that allows them to peek through a different dimension of some sort.

It is an interesting phenomenon!

I've been trying to make a connection as well. As you probably can see from the previous posts, these things show an organized intelligence, just by having a hierarchy system in place. I have never observed this sort of hierarchy in the "regular" hauntings that I have investigated. Heck, this hierarchy is unique to this brand of entity. The cloaking device thing that muzzleflash talked about is interesting as well. I had read a few years back on another forum about the Fedora Shadow Beings in particular might actually be cloaked MIB's, but then again, I don't know how much I can agree with that, seeing as they have been observed by young and old, rich and poor alike, for a very long time (and why would an MIB want to scare the ever living crap out of a 6 year old kid?).

Perhaps some people can peek through another dimension. With all the new sciences being discovered concerning alternate dimensions, it wouldn't surprise me one bit if these things are just as curious of us as we are of them.

Very intriguing indeed.

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker
edit on 20-4-2011 by truthseeker1984 because: edit to add a few sentences.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
I said it at the very beginning of the thread and i'm saying it again. Why not take photos of these "shadow people" or film them? Surely if so many people see them and you see them as frequently as you suggest surely you could catch them on film? I dunno, just seems silly that there aren't many pictures or any footage of shadow people that I would call definitive proof.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by PrimalWisdom

Firstly, they don't exactly hang around in poses. Not all things are. Have you ever wondered why so many UFO photos and vids are of such bad quality? It probably has more to do with that they may simply not be as we think they should be, that they don't obey the rules that present them on film in a flattering light.

Think just a little outside of the box now and again.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   
have you tried sending them love, OP? if they're upset, maybe they come to you because they know you can perceive them, and it upsets them you are so neutral? maybe you can help their mood and then possibly stop them from wanting to upset others? i don't see how sending them unconditional love can be a bad thing.

i dunno. i just don't want to call you crazy.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by PrimalWisdom
I said it at the very beginning of the thread and i'm saying it again. Why not take photos of these "shadow people" or film them? Surely if so many people see them and you see them as frequently as you suggest surely you could catch them on film? I dunno, just seems silly that there aren't many pictures or any footage of shadow people that I would call definitive proof.

I also stated that I have personally tried on several occasions to take photos of them (and I think the OP said the same thing) and they are gone before the camera comes out. This goes for many paranormal investigators that I have talked to. It's not surprising given the fact that they demonstrate intelligent qualities. If you were sneaking around in the shadows trying not to get caught, would you do the "Vogue" and "strike a pose?"

This is an on-going phenomenon with consistent stories across the globe spanning several generations. Empirical evidence is a strong tool, and can get a man convicted for life in jail, why can it not be used for studying these things as well? I understand your skepticism, but with the amount of empirical/anecdotal evidence that is out there, as well as my own personal experiences, that's all the proof I'll ever need.

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by PrimalWisdom

Do you think it is impossible for the mind to perceive something which is experienced as sight, but isn't actually generated by photons that a camera could record? It's not. If I could precisely jab a wire into my own brain I could make it happen right now without any need for the supernatural, so I don't see why it's so impossible that something perceptible could also be unrecordable.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZombieFinny

Despite the fact that they have no effect on this world i don't want to give them the attention that they so crave, because they may have malicious intent, so even though i believe they can't harm me i don't want to be proved wrong...

The thing is it is not known what they can really do...
You are right to stay out of their way in that sense.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

Wow, why am I not surprised a mod would say that, It's obviously better to agree with the person and point them to other accounts so they can indulge the fantasy instead of getting them to seek help.

Quick question, why do people feel the need to post on here just to tell people they are seeing something and the people denying it are just dis info agents etc when they haven't even experienced what the op has experienced?

edit on 20-4-2011 by aivlas because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
I think that it's kind of narrow minded that there are so many people in this thread bashing other people about seeing this phenomnia, my best friend and his grandfather both see shadow people and they are perfectly sane, his grandfather is also a university prof as well as an engineer. This is where I first heard of this phenomena.
When my friend sees them he shows me his arm sometimes and I can see the goosebumps on his skin he says he usually gets when he sees them.
He has told me recently that he's been seeing them much more frequently recently as well as when he's at my house he sees shadow cats here which he has said that he has never seen anywhere else.
He has told me that they were featureless but also recently they have started to become more and more defined, as if he can make out what they really look like, he used to only see them from the corner of his eye and when he would turn to look they would disappear but now he can look at them straight on. he has never told me of any wearing any kind of hood or hat or really any clothing at all. I just know all this because I found it fascinating after he told me and really pressed him on the subject over a long period of time.
At first he was very reluctant to tell me of what he sees because he thought I would be judgmental, just like many people on this forum are being. I think that it's unfair, and I believe that there is defiantly something and it's not in their minds.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by truthseeker1984

Yes...they respond to commands like large dogs.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by mesaana

You are so right. There is a lot going on. We will all have our belief systems severely tested for the next few years. It is strongly suggested that we suspend judgment altogether and focus purely on the experiences themselves. Your finger-pointing and criticism of others might just come home to roost on your own two shoulders.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   
I know.. the other day one was mocking me.. doing every movement I was doing.
It was obnoxious.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lulzaroonie
I haven't seen any shadow people in ages. I used to see them quite frequently, but having read this I have just realised I've not seen them in a while. They must have all gone to bother you

me too, but I have moved, so I wonder if I went back to my other place if they are still there...

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   
You must UNDERSTAND that mental diseases relate to behavioral patterns only. I have a lot of experience with psychoanalysis and I can say with certainty that it is a incomplete science. People need to stop buying into that nonsense, because it is creating more neurological disorder than there already is.
When most normal people have these kind of sightings is does not mean at all they have a schiphrenic disorder, far from. What they are seeing is most likely part of our reality. A realm undiscovered.
I deeply hate the psychoanalysis. because it is incomplete and utterly arrogant in its attitude towards life. They have no idea what really lies out there.

So to the poster of this thread. I notice that many are speaking of such events. Personally I believe that is because of cosmic changes occurring right now, our consciousness is changing together with it. I wont be surprised if soon or later our dna will becoming more active again, as well as our brain activity.

People need to stop looking at life as if it is all already discovered and fixed. Its bull#. We are physically very degraded and mentally dumbed down and we need to start acknowledging this and seek for answers.
How come all this inactive dna? How come so little brain activity... etc etc
edit on 20-4-2011 by dadgad because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by dadgad

Or they have brain damage?

You can wake up and have a overwhelming feeling that someone is in the room but you can't move that dosen't mean someone is actually in your room.

They have no idea what really lies out there.

And you do

edit on 20-4-2011 by aivlas because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Me and my brother see shadow like things in the corner of our eye that race past outside our house at night it is unexplainable to me at this point we leave the window open because it gets quite hot but there was one night when I was alone I saw the shadow thing but the most vividly I had ever seen it later on I went out of the room for less than two minutes came back in and an xbox controller had been moved from the floor on to the desk in a place that I noticed straight away when I came in nobody else was awake in my house and they definitely didnt go through into the room the open window is also awkward to get in to and there was no sound or any traces of anything entering except the controller being moved even later after that I got a more intense feeling that something was there and for a split second saw a very blurry figure poking its top half through the window at that point I wasn't thinking clearly and closed the window and blinds I don't know if anyone knows what this may be or if it is the same thing as the OP described it just reminded me of it it also happened quite recently and I continue to see these shadows and I am the type of person that needs an explanation for this type of thing but I cant deny this there may be no explanation but there is undeniable proof because something was physically moved

I also egged them on a bit after the controller was moved I said out the window why dont you do something more obvious next time maybe thats why I got such a response
edit on 20-4-2011 by goeffy because: forgot something

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Very interesting thread. You have all got me freaked out and its morning here, yet I still feel like I'm waiting to see one of these things. I have never seen anything like that, and to be honest I don't have the right mentality so hope i never do. I am easily freaked out by the paranormal although equally as fascinated by it.

The talk of the shadow man in the hat reminds me of my friends mom who gave me psychic reading, she told me I was highly active spiritually yet I needed to decide whether I believed or not. Which is correct, although I have practised Wicca for a while and used runes and i am attuned to give rieki healing, i am still a sometime sceptic. Well she had told me about the ghosts she see's and said one even pulled her out of bed one night to which her husband had to pull her back. She said that one night she left her living room and as she described it "there was a ghost all in black with a hat on, he just looked like a silhouette" sounds like the fedora shadow person to me.

She said that if i opened my mind and welcomed these things I would see them too, but because of the wall I had built around myself I would not. To be honest I don't feel ready at all to see anything like that.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by ZombieFinny

The OP does not need to see a therapist I do not believe that he or she is a schizophrenic I will however, put money on the fact they are under the age of 18. How can I tell you say..... I guess I am psychic. Or has it got to do with the amount of threads like these clogging up the site and blocking the good stories from coming through?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join