It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are shadow people suddenly acting so strangely

page: 25
<< 22  23  24   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I'm no expert but now that a few people mentioned it i think it could have been a psychological thing. i don't know about the original poster but when i swore i saw a shadow person harassing me and thought i got attacked years ago i was also kind of depressed at the time. maybe when we get depressed enough we start to go insane and our mind temporarily leaves reality creating a new one that imitates how your feeling emotionally.

at the time i was drinking a lot, i was waking up punching the walls, i cried myself to sleep a few times without understanding why I'm so mad at myself(which I'm not proud to say), and i was having anger issues towards everyone. the only way i could suppress it was lifting weights but mornings and nights i was a miserable asshole till i moved out and left the state.

if the original poster is depressed in anyway and its psychological i don't think any drugs would help anyway. drugs do nothing but cloud the mind prohibiting you from finding the solution to the problem.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by poloski

I have seen them AROUND a person having a schizophrenic break from reality. So had my dad. He and I were perfectly sound in mind and body at the time so I don't think you only see them when mentally ill or depressed. I'd guess, though, that they somehow are able to use a person's illness or distress to harness energy of some sort that lets them manifest. And then anyone around can then see them, too. Hey, I'm just guessing though. I hope you are feeling much better these days. You sound like a strong person to have gotten yourself through such a bad time. I wish you health had happiness from here on out.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I am posting for the first time, newbie here. OK, in some cases it may be some sort of mental illness, but I assure you it is not in mine. about thirteen years ago, myself and my girlfriend and my sons who lived with us and visited began seeing the ones that peak around the corner untill you look and then are gone. Everybody saw them. We had visitors that knew nothing about it and all of a sudden they would say "What the hell was that?".Tried to ignore them, but it was very aggrevating, as it would pull your attention away from what you were doing and break your concentration. One night my girlfriend came out of the bathrrom only to be confronted by a full body "something". I think this was different because she could see the shape of the body, see that it was balding and had a "beergut", and the clothes. Later we found out that was exactly what a former owner looked like that had since passed away. We continued to see them peaking around the corner for quite a while. That house burned down with no real explanation. The investigator concluded that it must have been "electrical". It started in my room. That morning I was in the living room playing a game with my youngest son. my girlfriend was at work. At one point I went to my room, but as I started to enter, I encountered a great heaviness, it felt very "dark". I really didn't think too much about it and went on to the bathroom. My son and I were going to go do some shopping and as he went by my door he saw smoke. As I said the house burnt to the ground. They followed us to the next house we lived in. I never did see any more than the ones peaking around the corner, but my son, more than once followed one to different parts of the house thinking it was me, but when he got where there was no outlet or exit there was no one there, each time I was not home. Just recently, I have been seeing small. animal size ones, moving quickly, and disappearing. I have also been seeing full body ones at work. I never tried to interact with any because they move too quickly and are gone. I had no idea so many people have had experiences with these, whatever they are! PLease excuse my "no paragraphs", but I think I got the message across.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
To all the people screaming schizophrenia, please for the love of all the is sacred PLEASE post an information pack on symptoms. If you feel that you are suffering from an undiagnosed medical or psychological issue please contact your nearest licensed medical professional.

If not receiving treatment, people with schizophrenia experience persistent symptoms of what is called psychosis. These include:

Confused thinking
When acutely ill, people with psychotic symptoms experience disordered thinking. The everyday thoughts that let us live our daily lives become confused and don’t join up properly.
Delusions
A delusion is a false belief held by a person which is not held by others of the same cultural background.
Hallucinations
The person sees, hears, feels, smells or tastes something that is not actually there. The hallucination is often of disembodied voices which no one else can hear.

Other associated symptoms are low motivation and changed feelings.

SANE Australia

Please note, just because you see "illusions" does NOT mean you are suffering from some form of psychosis.

First of all it is highly unusual for multiple people to share the same illusion or delusion, with whom are not directly connected.

There are most certainly cases of Folie A Deux or Shared Psychotic Disorder, for the secondary case it is NOT psychosis, it is merely being "lead" into the illusion or delusion. Also note these cases are EXTREMELY rare, most psychologists will not see a case like this in their life time. The other thing to keep in mind is the secondary case MUST have interactions with the Primary case to make it a valid case of Folie A Deux.

The other thing that you might want to consider than jumping on the psychosis side of the fence is "Filling-in" phenomenon, which also can induce "illusions" in a perfectly healthy human.

How i am not endorsing the concept of "the shadow people" i myself have not seen them personally, nor have i suffered from psychosis. The thing that bugs me is the minute someone sees something that the "average" human being sees its instantly classified as psychosis, instead of looking at a possible physiological explanation.

Just because you dont see it, doesnt mean the person you are talking to is off their rocker, it also comes down to perception. A common conversation i have with people is for them to prove to me that on a clear day the sky is blue. No one to this day has proven without a shadow of a doubt that the sky is indeed blue.

Why? It comes down to perception, i know science says its blue, the average Joe (or Jane) sees it as blue, yet there is a certain sub-set of our population which will preserve the sky as a different color, for example my father sees the sky as a green color. Is he of sound mind and not suffering from any form of psychosis? No. in this instance he is Color Blind. Yet why do people think hes off his rocker?

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ZombieFinny

Are you sure you are not seeing "eye floaters" or are not having hallucinations? Has anyone else seen this shadow people around you? Or is it just you?

I would rule those things out before considering a spiritual attack.
edit on 8-11-2011 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
This is a very strange post to read. Mainly do to the fact that i have seen these so called shadow people all my life. However, i haven't seen them do the things you are speaking of. Usually they just disappear when i look at them. Many have wondered if i was just making them up. All i can say is this, if they are not real then why do my pets see them as well. Why do they look directly where i last saw them. Why does the hair stand up on their necks. Ah ha, i just had a flash back to a day were one of them talked to me. Well it was only a comment. I remember hearing " were going to kill you". As you can imagine this is a shocking comment to hear considering this is a shadow figure. I simply replied " ok". After waiting for some time i called them a bunch of pussies for not doing anything. It was a very amusing moment. But its only after talking to a shadow figure that you start to think your crazy, which is a possibility.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by PoopDawg

Schizophrenia can do this, I know.

"Just because your paranoid, don't mean they're not after you..." Kurt Cobain (Nirvana)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by NeverApologize
If you are "seeing shadow people" frequently, please with all due respect, seek professional help. I mean it. I am truly concerned for your well being. A common side effect of Carbon Monoxide poisoning is Hallucinations.

Get checked by a doctor. I mean it.

Yeah, because you know everything and since the concept of "shadow people" doesn't fit in neatly with your undoubtedly limited grasp of reality/existence, therefore they can't possibly exist.

Its always amazing to me how people who've never discovered ANYTHING of importance in their entire lives are always the first ones trying to tell others what is and is not possible EVEN THOUGH every year science discovers things once considered impossible.

Remember when absolutely nothing could travel faster than the speed of light? Oh look now.
Remember when we just KNEW the carbon decay rate was constant and stable and a reliable way to estimate age? Ohh look at us now.

Get your head out your ass, if you don't agree they exist, fine. Go away. But don't accuse people of needing "professional help" because your little brain refuses to consider anything that the government/scientists hasn't given you the "ok" to think about.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by PrimalWisdom
Why not take a picture or 2 if you are seeing so many?

Because maybe they are only visible to him?

He could have a condition where he can see outside of our normal spectrum of light vision.

Those places exist all around you.

This could be a real thing for OP.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I have been seeing these shadow beings too. It's been a few months now but only about 3 weeks since I actually started to believe that these things are not a figment of my imagination. What convinced me was when I started watching the beings while holding my current position not making a move or a sound. For example, if I'm sitting in a chair and see one, instead of whipping my head around, I sit there and watch it.

Needless to say, I am freaked out by them. The main one I see is a white dog. I can't see any features but the shape of it is like a medium sized dog not a wolf shape. I've seen it get on the couch, run into the kitchen with my other dogs when it's feeding time, sitting there just watching me and many other things. This one is not scary now but was at first simply because it's a ghost or whatever. Another incident happened last night, my husband was walking down the hall into the kitchen and I was in the middle of the hall watching him, as he rounded the corner into the kitchen a black head with no features peered around the corner into the hallway. It was only the head and even though I couldn't see a face I felt that it was looking at me not the back of my husband. I was shocked and started saying that no evil is allowed here and we are children of God (I couldn't think of what else to say, I was terrified). I had a time where I was sitting at the computer and saw a man like figure out the corner of my eye. I watched it and could see it's legs moving like it was shuffling it's feet then it started to back into the hallway. Neither of these had a hat or a cloak on. So, I've had a bunch of corner of my eye sightings, the dog who shows up right in my face sometimes and the seeing of the head last night. The sightings have also increased to the point where it's everyday now.

Now to the scariest one and the reason I'm in this forum. My husband and I were sitting here this morning when I saw a small white figure come in the bedroom and jump on the couch with my husband. I looked and it was gone. I asked him if he saw it and he said no. It was the size of my ferret and she is white so I checked on her and she was still in her cage. The dogs were asleep. So, now there is another white animal, not just the dog anymore. My husband left for work and i was reading a news article on the computer. I was pretty into it and wasn't paying attention to my surroundings. I heard what sounded like my husbands house shoes walking down the hallway. I saw someone walk past through the crack of the door. It was only a few minutes later that I realized my husband was gone when those things happened. I looked down and his house shoes were sitting right by me under the table. So who walked by???? I was so scared I could not move at all. So scared that I wanted to forget it happened. I looked at the dogs who would have gone crazy if someone was in the house, they just laid there. I can't forget. I need to know what's happening and stay aware of my surroundings. I agree with the poster who said not showing fear is key. It does work to at least be able to see the situation more clearly. Also, telling them that I'm God's child didn't work either other than making me feel better.

I am a nurse and don't have any mental issues. I don't know what these things are but want to thank others for making me feel I'm not alone. I think we just need to stay aware of what is going on and act according to instincts. That's all I can think of to do anyway. There is no way I would go tell a doctor this. I know if something is wrong with me and there isn't. At this point it seems like the dogs either don't see them or are unaffected. Oh, none of them have visible eyes so far. If I see one with eyes my "have no fear" stance will fly right out the window!!!!

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

First I want to say thank you , it makes posting a little easier for me .

As for the shadow beings I haven't saw any in a few years now but there was quite a few at that time . My wife was able to see one as well I'm sure they weren't illness related . I will keep an eye out though as I've thought I caught a glimpse of something in the corner of my eyes at times lately , but haven't been able to pin it down yet .
John

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   

When you said they move their bodies at a 90 degree angle and back again it put a funny image of them bobbing around like it and then i got a little freaked imagining shadow people doing it in my face

new topics

top topics

<< 22  23  24   >>

join