It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freeman Bigfoot footage - it may be genuine. And here's why...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimbo999

Originally posted by MKultraVideos

Originally posted by randyvs

I don't understand. Is this a trail cam ? If it's not a trail cam, why does the camera seem fixed on this spot waiting
for the hoax, I mean bigfoot to pass right in front of it? This is either the luckiest damn trail cam vid.( But don't they usually take snap shots) Or it is se hoax. I'm leaning towards hoax..

The short clip is a zoomed in section of a video. It's posted on the previous page. I don't personnally put alot of stock in the Freeman footage, mostly due to the fact that the creature isn't that graceful. So could it be a hoax, sure. Could a large primate occupy the millions of acres of forest that human don't occupy in north america, sure. Just ask Jane Goodall. Calling every bigfoot footage a hoax right off the bat as a hoax as you've done here, and even state that you don't know anything about this footage isn't a litte disingenuous, its the absolute extreme. And overall ignorant.

I've seen alot of analysis done on this video and one focusing on a possible smaller creature. I didn't feel that there was one, due to the graininess of the film it's probably a branch whipping back at it. I have heard of a possible other large creature that can be seen behind some brush, and I think that's a possibility.

I personally don't think it's a branch whipping at the creatures back. I found after a few viewings of the loop, you could definitely see a living limb and hand moving up the creature's back around the waist/lower thoracic region at a point just where the loop ends...
Regards,
J.

I see what you're saying, the problem is with the digital zoom. I've worked with a digital camcorder for years and I learned that it does lie.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfoot rulz

It's a video from 1994 and it's zoomed in to see the details! Read the thread!

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

it doesn't look natural or alive. it looks artificial. it looks like a fat hillbilly in monkey suit, trying to make a quick buck so he can buy a new trolling motor.

it also looks like if it didn't hit a mcdonalds every 15mins it would die if starvation.
reply to post by randomname

That is truly amazing, you not only "debunked" this footage based on fuzzy 3 second video loop, but also managed to deduce approximate weight, social class, diet and motive for filming. That is truly remarkable considering the resolution of the film at hand. I look forward to your in-depth insight on the next piece of footage presented in the ATS forum.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pseudonaut
In this clip, the creature practically smashes into that tree.

Now, I'm about the furthest thing from a forest dweller as you're gonna find, but whenever I have hiked through the woods, I've never walked half into a tree like that. I have a hard time believing a creature who was born and raised in the woods would be so careless in its natural environment.

But a guy in a suit with limited visibility, on the other hand...

I mean, we're talking about a creature who has evaded detection for hundreds of years, you'd think that it would have to be more stealthy than the stomping lummox in that clip. Think of the stealthiest animals around -- big cats. And yet we've not only detected them (for ages), but have almost wiped them out.

1. Bears. I live in an area that's loaded with black bears. In 35 years of hunting, fishing, and natural observation, i've never seen one in the wild with my own eyes. However, i see signs of these creatures all the time. A large heavy gait, a disregard for stealth or gracefulness. Branches ripped from tree trunks, bark stripped up to 8 ft, and even small trees pulled to the ground and snapped at the base.

2. Cats aren't primates. They're fearless because in the grand scheme of things, they're stupid.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Sorry don't see it.

Though I agree if I stared at it for an hour I'd see anything.

Instead of staring for ages at the image don't look at it for a week and come back to see if your suggestion is still easy to find.

It does look like good footage but I'm not sure about a baby being present.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
It's so blurry that it could be anything. It's very easy to make fake videos.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
it might be zoomed in but in 1994 the cameras werent that bad but if this person what waiting there for bigfoot why is there not more video because i know that if i got a bigfoot on camera i would go back film every day

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Why is it, that most videos of UFOs and Bigfoot are either 1) grainy as heck and hard to see or 2) they only last for 10-15 seconds?

And then, clear ones are always tucked away into the hoax files.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Vrill

Is just that some people are attention hungry. They make a video so the media, can give their attention. This was very common in the 90's.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by jimbo999

hi - i dont agree with any of your conclusions

further moore IF the footage is genuine - then its actions - - ie walking in the open , pausing looking at the camera , and ignoring it negate all perevious claims of its ultra hi intelligence , stealthiness etc - and also all excuses posited when i opened the thread how did ` bigfoot ` escape the first white settlers ?,

any alleged big foot doing this in the presence of a colonialist hunter would have been shot and stuffed within the hour

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by hey1212

Sorry don't see it.

Though I agree if I stared at it for an hour I'd see anything.

Instead of staring for ages at the image don't look at it for a week and come back to see if your suggestion is still easy to find.

It does look like good footage but I'm not sure about a baby being present.

Well, I just peeked at it again after 1 week break - and sure enough, it's sill there.

t the ^arm and hand^ of the juvenile that is discernible...

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Morbidness
It's so blurry that it could be anything. It's very easy to make fake videos.

Maybe so. But it's very hard to stomp around in a massive gorilla suit with a child clinging to your chest.

Also, this video was made long before CGI manipulation was generally available to the masses...

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vrill
Why is it, that most videos of UFOs and Bigfoot are either 1) grainy as heck and hard to see or 2) they only last for 10-15 seconds?

And then, clear ones are always tucked away into the hoax files.

The footage is taken from some distance using old analogue equipment.

Check out the who;e Freeman film to see it in context...

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
reply to post by jimbo999

hi - i dont agree with any of your conclusions

further moore IF the footage is genuine - then its actions - - ie walking in the open , pausing looking at the camera , and ignoring it negate all perevious claims of its ultra hi intelligence , stealthiness etc - and also all excuses posited when i opened the thread how did ` bigfoot ` escape the first white settlers ?,

any alleged big foot doing this in the presence of a colonialist hunter would have been shot and stuffed within the hour

I disagree. Maybe in the States perhaps - but up here in Canada we have far more forest and land than you do - and a whole lot fewer gun-toting yahoo hunters. There is plenty of room for a sizable population here - as there would have been down there back in the early settlers day in the US.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Hmm...I can see it all right, but only after I watched it a few times...

The thing is though that had you not described it in that way, I would have passed it off as shadows/grain etc. But now that I've seen it, I can't unsee it...

It's kind of like an EVP - once you're told what the 'voice' says, you can't hear anything BUT those words.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by HBogart
Hmm...I can see it all right, but only after I watched it a few times...

The thing is though that had you not described it in that way, I would have passed it off as shadows/grain etc. But now that I've seen it, I can't unsee it...

It's kind of like an EVP - once you're told what the 'voice' says, you can't hear anything BUT those words.

LOL!! Or maybe once you realize just what you're really seeing - it becomes difficult to mistake it for anything other than what it is

But yes folks - you HAVE to watch it a few times and focus on the parts we're talking about. And if that IS a juveniles' arm, which it sure looks like - then this footage is very likely genuine. Simple as that.

J.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
It's yet another fuzzy picture. Decades and decades of photo and video evidence of this, other monsters and ufo's and aliens and not one clear shot that isn't fuzzy or a bright light in the sky.

I don't know what to make of the vid but to be fair, even if it was clear it would then be said that it "looks too good to be real". In reality nothing these days can be verified or authenticated using camera's unless it has been captured by allot of people at the same time.

P.S. Thanks for pointing that out OP S&F. It is interesting.
edit on 5/15/2011 by BLKMJK because: My back itches

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Does anyone have a link to a better quality version of the original (wider) footage?
Its impossible to guage anything from watching highly compressed youtube versions.

A good quality version might clarify the details in the OP... for I think it takes a bit of imagination to see all the details the OP is seeing.

My 2p... I believe in Bigfoot, or rather that there are huge mammals living in remote regions that still haven't been found and identified by man.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by vjr1113
considering its an animal that feeds off land mammals and has adapted to live in its environment, it doesn't look like a very natural walk... walking in the open and breaking twigs. it looks like it would make a lot of noise in the forest.

From most Evidence I've seen, Bigfoot is more of an omnivore with a preference for plants, so why would it stalk it's prey ( Stalking the leaf, is precarious business, it's always aware of predators and can defend itself with sticks.
)
edit on 17-5-2011 by Wolfie0827 because: Corrected syntax

edit on 17-5-2011 by Wolfie0827 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by BLKMJK

Originally posted by kro32
It's yet another fuzzy picture. Decades and decades of photo and video evidence of this, other monsters and ufo's and aliens and not one clear shot that isn't fuzzy or a bright light in the sky.

I don't know what to make of the vid but to be fair, even if it was clear it would then be said that it "looks too good to be real". In reality nothing these days can be verified or authenticated using camera's unless it has been captured by allot of people at the same time.

P.S. Thanks for pointing that out OP S&F. It is interesting.
edit on 5/15/2011 by BLKMJK because: My back itches

You're welcome!

I agree with you re: today's videos - but remember this video was taken years before sophisticated CGI software was available to the public. That's the beauty of it - it's an old analog tape that has never seen a computer until recent years when it was uploaded onto the Net.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join