It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens have not contacted us, therefore theres nothing to disclose

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by KrypticCriminal

Hey thanks KrypticCriminal. I've seen that film - there's many aspects of the Crop Circle phenomenon which weren't discussed. The micro-magnetic pellets discussed were part of a bigger picture that makes up the circles, also the drone that maps the field - creating an initial imprint.

Thanks for the post. Appreciated it.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
This thread is laughable. I think I get it though, besides trying to rile up everyone here, it seems that Andre18 is a little bitter that he thought he was being abducted and it turns out he wasnt. If you base your whole argument on comments like"There is no reason for them to come here." And "SETI has found nothing" then I think you may need to rethink this entire argument. SETI is a useless waste of time and money, Advanced alien culture may not even use radio signals to communicate, truth is we have no idea how they would have developed technologically or even what evolutionary path they may have taken. To compare Alien development to our own is a common human error. Life is highly adaptable and resilient and can develop using more than the elements that had a impact on our evolution. To even try to understand the motives of whatever IS visiting us is pointless. But it is an interesting question. Roswell was not a string of balloons either, go do some homework.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
What a poor dead horse. I wonder if it upsets the family.

Epic non-WINNING thread.

Amazes me how people actually think this line of thinking is something new. Revolutionary thinking! Time sink!

Perfect example of the loop that permeates everything.

This WHOLE topic is a joke. When evidence comes out, 'ufologists' and the like will be complaining because they will be shut out while real scientists run the show.

Science doesn't discount anything. Remeber that. Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Bleh.

Edit: For those that are offended, well... I'm attacking everyone. Theres no point wasting time on stuff like this. Your perceptions create your reality anyway (not by esoteric means)... Imagine a world where people didn't feel the need to fit in or conform to the majority. Less talk more action.
edit on 16-4-2011 by seenitall because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by seenitall
Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Bleh.

One of the most tired of Ufo sayings...remember there is another way to look at that. Absences of evidence could also mean there is nothing to leave evidence.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by andre18

You are making nothing but false assumptions in your part, and seriously it is quite clear that you haven't done enough research on this subject. There are real scientists like Stanton T. Friedman,

Qualifications and career in Nuclear PhysicsFriedman graduated from Linden High School[disambiguation needed] and the University of Chicago, earning a Bachelor of Science (1955) and Master of Science (1956) degree in nuclear physics.[1]

Friedman was employed for 14 years as a nuclear physicist for such companies as General Electric, General Motors, Westinghouse, TRW Systems, Aerojet General Nucleonics, and McDonnell Douglas where he worked on advanced, classified programs on nuclear aircraft, fission and fusion rockets, and compact nuclear power plants for space applications.[2] Since the 1980s, he has done related consultant work in the Radon-detection industry. Friedman's professional affiliations have included the American Nuclear Society, the American Physical Society, the American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics and AFTRA.[1] [2]

Link and others including military and civilian pilots
as well as astronauts
who know that we have been visited many times by alien species, and these people have talked about what they have seen.

As for why alien species do not do what YOU want them to do?.... They are NOT you... They don't have to act like YOU want them to.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by kerazeesicko

Quite true. Unfortunately for your comment, I could care less about the context. That line explains how science works.

I don't really care what people do, think or say about UFOs and the like, however I do not like authoritative statements based on flawed logic and a lack of understanding.

Progress please.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by andre18

Another crack pot with all the answers..

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by andre18

Mate your an idiot!

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Don't disinfo agents get tired of posting the same crap again and again

Its not original, its boring and absolute nonsense that goes against common sense

Its not about roswell, its about thousands of sightings, pictures, videos, testimonials, cave paintings, physical artifacts, an out of control black budget, hollywood movies, cartoons......

Whats the odds of EVERYTHING BEING FAKE? Probably ZERO!

Seriously I suspect the only thing protecting you from people going ballistic on you is the terms and conditions of ATS. If you don't like getting hammered put more thought into your threads from now on. Everyone is getting sick and tired of lies-myself included!

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by andre18
Aliens don't know we're here, we've been sending signals out into space sine the 1950's so those signals are about 60 years out into space, so the aliens that are coming here now can't be more 30 light years away to have enough time to pick up our signals and then send their signals back to us. So even if they can go the speed of light, there are only 2000 stars that have been exposed to our fm, tv and radar. But the thing is, a couple of thousand stars is a very small number and strikes me as too few a number for any civilisation to currently know that we exist. This might help you sleep better at night knowing no one knows we're here. To the people who claim that we're being visited, why are they here now? The usual answer to that is, well they're concerned with what we're doing to the environment or they're concerned about nuclear war, that they have some moral interest in us but that's alien sociology so we don't really know that.

But that's all supersession, i mean no one really knows if aliens would have any interest in us but the point is that, that argument doesn't matter because they don't know about us. So if they've come now, that's enormously coincidental. My question to those are convinced that we're being visited, why isn't this evidence good enough to be put into the local science museum? The answers are always that there is good evidence but it's being covered up, well that's an argument from ignorance. That's saying i've got a cure for cancer but they've taken it away from me and locked it up so i can't tell you…..that shouldn't convince you.

Most of you think that the best way to find aliens is that they're here abducting people out of their homes, so why is SETI trying to pick up radio signals from space when there are aliens here abducting us? Because in the real world scientists aren't finding any signals from aliens, theres no compelling evidence. And even if they did, there's actual protocols at SETI for what to do if a signal is picked up and most of you assume that if a signal was picked up, the government would cover it up on the assumption that people would start rioting in the street, but thats not true at all because in 1997 at 3:30 in the morning SETI found what they thought was an alien signal, but as it turned out it was a false alarm. It took about 16 hours to figure out it was the solar research satellite, and the signal was just bouncing around the antenna they were using in just the right way to mimic a real alien signal.

But what's interesting about this, is the public assumes the government would come in and shut them down because the public couldn't handle the news but instead nobody seemed to be interested, no secrecy. All that happened was a science writer from the New York times called a few hours later. So the New York Times already knew about it, you can be sure the media will find out about this before anybody else - there's no policy of secrecy. So you see in the event of the real thing you will read about it right away, because there's no government cover up.

And even when we do make contact they won't be anything like the greys reptilians and pleiadians, because the idea that aliens are still like us, soft and squishy and are just in a short interval between inventing radio and building machines that can replace their frail bodies as we have began doing makes no sense. It's not reasonable that the aliens are going to be soft little squishy grey guys, they're going to be some sort of machine intelligence.

Think of it chronology - you invent radio and within 100 years after inventing radio people are already talking about artificial intelligence. So it's seems reasonable it's going to happen within this century, because by 2020 your laptop will have the same compute power as the human brain. The point is that's the time scale - you invent radio and within a century or two you invent your successor and it's not soft squishy intelligence, you've have moved on to something much better then that.

Supporting Links
www.good.is...
merovee.wordpress.com...
www.centauri-dreams.org...
www.msnbc.msn.com...
towm.freelinuxhost.com...
www.metro.co.uk...
edit on
edit on 16-4-2011 by andre18 because: (no reason given)

This is the result of public schools. You should just go join the military or become a cop or prison guard because your future as an enlightened thinker and leader doesn't appear too promising.

Your avatar implies you're 18, I have pairs of boots older than you and frankly, between the two, my boots are more likely to go places.

These points having been made and if you would like to not end up just some mindless minion, you might want to shut up and do a lot of investigating before you come on here to basically call many of us liars. extra DIV

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by andre18

If you think out of all the mass and life in space that the chances we havent been contacted your a fool, to me thats like saying the earth is flat and theres no such thing as space, i refuse to read stupid post like these, i see them quite often and frankly i think your probebly a dis informationist of a verry small and close minded individual, get a life....

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by iballs
reply to post by KrypticCriminal

Hey thanks KrypticCriminal. I've seen that film - there's many aspects of the Crop Circle phenomenon which weren't discussed. The micro-magnetic pellets discussed were part of a bigger picture that makes up the circles, also the drone that maps the field - creating an initial imprint.

Thanks for the post. Appreciated it.

No problem.

The woman who produced the video is actually a member here on ATS. aparently they're working on another movie which will be more comprehensive and will probably include those things that you've outlined.

I cant wait to see it. If i can find the thread she was on i'll post it here but the search function seems to be failing me at the minute.

here ya go, she's called cropcirclequeen although judging by her avatar she rarely visits.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 16/4/11 by KrypticCriminal because: (no reason given)

edit on 16/4/11 by KrypticCriminal because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Tahnya86

Its foolish to assume we haven't been contacted.

Its foolish to assume we have been contacted.

Here is a thought though, and I know this has been done before. IF you were advanced enough to contact another world, who would you contact? The way the world operates, I think overt contact would be the final nail in the coffin. The majority of the world's population would not be involved. Given our addiction to, and faith in 'free market' solutions to just about everything, what do you think would happen? It wouldn't end the world via chaos, but it would create even more of a power imbalance between the 'north' and the 'south'. It makes you wonder about things like the millenium development goals... IF we have been contacted, then the UN is something that cannon be ignored. Just a thought, not something I believe to be true.

The truth is that I don't know, and you don't either.

Ahhhh, ego and opinions. The first step is recognising your own agenda.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
There are several hundred homes in my subdivision.

I have never seen people in most of them.

They must be abandoned.

My phone sits silent most of the time.

When I pick it up, all I hear is a dial tone.

I bet nobody uses their phone.

I've never seen a Whale shark... but I accept that they are real.

I've never met the OP..but I accept that he is real.

In fact there are more "things" in this reality that I accept as real then I could ever personally experience in my lifetime.

Sorry OP, no stars, no flags till you escape from the tiny box you inhabit.

edit on 16-4-2011 by Helmkat because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
posting in an epically stupid thread because I can.

*ahem..OP..there's so much evidence of alien activity, past and present, it would take a year to list it all. The governments of the world, much as I wish they would, can't disclose because most of humanity couldn't handle it. we still have people who think skin color factors into a person's level of intelligence. we still have people who think that earth, a planet that is 4.5 billion years old, is only 6,000 years old and was made in 7 days.

Present these people with an alien civilization with interstellar starships with FTL drives and features not human in appearance and there will be madness and mass suicides.

It's pretty #ing frustrating really. we could all have much cooler # to play with if humanity weren't so ever-#ing stupid.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by seenitall

This WHOLE topic is a joke. When evidence comes out, 'ufologists' and the like will be complaining because they will be shut out while real scientists run the show.

I wonder how our constitutional forefathers would feel if they knew anywhere between $200 billion to $600 billion annualy goes to the infamous black budget which is approximately half of the annual DOD budget. Taxpayer money being spend so that a masonic nasa and masonic dod get to play all kinds of games behind our backs.

Phil Schneider, god bless his soul, said it best--If they can't tell us the truth then they should be impeached. The man died a few months after going public with such astounding information. Yet lots of people are still clueless and I keep hearing excuses such as "we can't handle the truth" or "the goverments have nothing to hide".

What the hell can be so scary? Aliens eat humans-so what? I know humans that eat humans as well! They gonna blow up the earth? So what its gonna get blown up eventually one way or another probably from an expanding sun or huge asteriod.

I can handle the truth and so can most. If the government does'nt feel like sharing anything then I will assume the reptillians and humans are on the same masonic page of depopulating earth and controlling the rest of us as work slaves.

That means a few million angry americans should storm washington with their guns and blow it to hell; make the second gulf war in iraq(shock and awe) look like fire crackers. We might as well have anarchy!

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonseeker

Will have to disagree with you on that one. I don't think it would really create chaos.

The power structures present the problem. The potential for fear, control and domination of resources (of all varieties) is immense. No overt contact will happen in our current economic paradigm, it just isn't possible. It would be gross negligence on part of ET, assuming someone actually knows we're here.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by andre18

Originally posted by Itop1
for what reason remains unknown. the governments dont want us to know this... it goes against religion and a whole lot of other things that keep us in order.

The government knows nothing. I know you may think the government may be hiding something but it's extremely clear that they don't because as i pointed out, even though it was a false alarm, SETI thought they had found an extra terrestrial signal and strait away the media found out about it because a member of SETI happened to phone The New York times and there was no men in black, no government take over - nothing.

edit on 16-4-2011 by andre18 because: (no reason given)

You were there? You believe way to much of what you believe....... like a bunch of the other peeps..... I can poke holes in pretty much everything you said..... and I can do it in seconds;

"Why now?" The world is over populated, several predators that govern entire ecosystems (like sharks in the ocean) are being wiped out, japans having to dump radioactive # on some amount into the ocean. So many religions predict an end of times, and a lot of them are making it seem like WW3 is gonna be that, and likely because once one country tosses a bomb at another, then they will throw one back.... and those who get scared with throw some..... and it will just get ugly. Maybe they are just taking advantage of 2012. And again.... "why now" what do you mean now? How long has there been sightings? How long has there been accounts of people and crafts that fly around the sky from times of literally no tech compared to today? To try and act like you can rationalize the actions of a race likely to be way Way older than us is just rediculous. Get creative.... you don't have to believe every crazy alien contact/theory.... but at the same time you shouldn't ever feel 100% about anything trying to debunk the entire possibility of them already being here.

I see you find one bit of info that you stick to..... which leads to a bunch of other assumptions that are just kinda sad.

Some people theorize they have to do with the reason why we are more evolved than other animals that have been here for far far longer, take sharks..... they've been around since the dinosaurs, but you don't see them walking down the corner of coral avenue with a briefcase and tophat. Do I believe aliens influenced our evolution? No..... do I believe in the possibility..... yes. Thats all we have until something actually happens.... possibilities, and you really really limit whats possible for what can happen in this freaking HUGE universe, based off of a handful of crap published by a bunch of people I'm sure you've likely not even met..... So don't come into these forums being one of those know it all just because they can research a couple of topics. Learn to think for yourself

Once again my creativity can give me an idea how aliens way out there can get our signals.... Ok so our signals can't go that far...... do you think it may be possible that super teched out aliens might have super awesome recievers that can reach out farther than our own? Sure they might not be able to get our signals if they are using our limited reach with our recievers........ For all ya know they could have groups going out and putting relay stations on different moons/planets and such. The great thing about the idea I just pulled from my head is that since you've never met any aliens..... along with apparently everyone else out there according to what your saying, then no one can tell me that aliens wouldn't do that..... cause how can one expect to understand anything about a more advanced species? I see enough people who pretend to be able to understand others but quite frankly I feel barely even know themselves.

Get creative XD

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

1. They aren't my forefathers. Over 5.5 billion people aren't American! Shock, horror! How can it be?!?

2. Please refer to my other posts to see why I think it isn't possible.

3. Whether you like it or not, 'ufology' is polluted, flimsy and mostly (99.99999999999999%) a waste of time.

You see the thing is, I've seen stuff that would for some people automatically place them in the strong believer category. The difference is, I understand that everything is in perception. My personal experiences are irrelevant to others (bar a small number that have been present), and therefore I do not use them as justification for my thought processes.

You have to recognise your own ego and perceptions if you are to objectively look into this area.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by andre18

Wouldn't even bother reading it.
"Ignorant", is the only word i can find!

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join