It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Originally posted by illuminatednotilluminati
akiens dont contact using radio waves.. lol that is way to slow... they contact using water look that up
Originally posted by Mari4199
1) Who are you to decide what is the most likely thing an alien would do? Being an alien means having an alien brain, or what passes for one, and with that alien brain comes alien thought processes. Not to mention that the society of the alien may be immensely different than our own further heightening the gap between our ways of thinking. When it comes right down to it, You have no damn idea what an alien would think.
2) Aliens as machines hmmm? I agree it is a possibility. But that one argument you made also refutes another argument you made about how far they would have to come. Do you not think that if they are advanced enough to become cybernetic creatures that they are also advanced enough to find a way to surmount the huge distances between there worlds and ours?
3) Aliens have never come here before? I am not going to call you ignorant. I am just going to point you to the internet, where you may peruse thousands of paintings and carvings by ancient peoples depicting what are clearly spacecraft. You HAVE heard the term before... "If it walks like a duck, if it quacks like a duck, its probably a duck.". There are also many written accounts that clearly are not describing terrestrial craft or beings. I suggest you go and learn more before you start spouting space taking rubbish on this site.
4) It also seems you have an intrinsic trust in governmental organizations and the government. I feel sad for you. Let me name some things for your education. MK-Ultra, Project Grudge, The Condon committee, Watergate, Iran/Contra, Weapons of mass destruction. Any of those phrases or names ring a bell?
5) Your math needs work. There are many more stars within range capable of supporting habitable life than you stated in your meager 2000. Examine the math in REAL scientific papers before you go off on a rant.
Originally posted by woodwytch
Fair enough but what about the people who are not diagnosed with sleep paralysis ... how do you explain their 'experiences' ?
How do you know that sleeping pills don't just mask the memory ... it doesn't mean the events have stopped ... just that you might not remember them !
And how do you explain the reports of UFO sightings/interaction by people who have a professional knowledge and experience of things that are 'usual' in the sky ?
Originally posted by ElectricUniverse
HOW DO YOU KNOW? THere is ZERO AMOUNT OF EVIDENCE TO SUPPORT YOUR IDEAS.
Otherwise you can really put down anybody else theories based on your personal experience and use of google.
It's not reasonable that the aliens are going to be soft little squishy grey guys, they're going to be some sort of machine intelligence.
Originally posted by Numb2itall
You can ONLY speak for yourself on this topic. For YOU they may have never been here but there are some of us among you who have had contact all through out our lives.
I hope someday you get to meet one of them.
You will be changed forever.