It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens have not contacted us, therefore theres nothing to disclose

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by andre18

After all the government files and what not uncovered in the last 50 years + thousands, if not millions of eye witness testimony, you reach a point where you have to acknowledged something is going on and that the "skeptics" of today are now "extreme skeptics".

An example of an extreme skeptic is a person who having access to libraries still feels the world is flat until they personally circumvent the world. "Extreme skepticism" is a sign of either extreme ignorance or extreme arrogance(the kind of arrogance that ignored local tales about particular animals and herbs, then later celebrated itself when it "discovered" said animals and herbs after brushing off their existence).

Either way aren't you late for a flat worlders meeting or something? At this point in the game extreme skeptics are a threat to humanity that shouldn't be tolerated at all(other than treated like defective crazies). Because they lul the sheepil back to sleep with temptations that nothing is going on when a whole lot is going on.

Heck the "best case scenario" is that the US government is up to something ultra illegal and most likely against every human beings best interest(assuming ET's are just a cover story). There comes a point when you have to suspend disbelief just to follow "skeptics" arguments that nothing is going on.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
OP is making too many narrow viewed assumptions as if alien technology would be as limited as ours.

Your argument is so flawed in many ways I could spend a day countering every one of them, but I do not feel like it.

One thing you should do with everything in your life, not including only aliens, try not to assume stuff you know next to nothing about, and if you want to make assumptions about something look at it from EVERY way possible instead of going only with the way you believe is possible.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Sorry young man. naive certainty can be cured with many years of study and careful discussion. You have only been drinking the Koolaid they serve everyone. There is massive amounts of clear evidence in direct contact and corroborated events. Keep studying. It's all out there.

ZG

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by seenitall
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

1. They aren't my forefathers. Over 5.5 billion people aren't American! Shock, horror! How can it be?!?

I have no idea what your talking about and dropping one liners does not impress me. Too vague and sensational!

2. Please refer to my other posts to see why I think it isn't possible.

Fine I will take a look later when I can.

3. Whether you like it or not, 'ufology' is polluted, flimsy and mostly (99.99999999999999%) a waste of time.

I wouldn't say that but I will say people are looking in the sky when they should be looking elsewhere. On second thought maybe they should not be looking at all, less they get abducted in some dark chamber 5 miles below the surface.

You have to recognise your own ego and perceptions if you are to objectively look into this area.

Me ego has nothing to do with the topic at hand and I have put more hours of online research than 80% of the people who post here. Thanks for the quick response btw!

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
maybe the aliens are shy? or dont understand the messages being sent lol

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by kerazeesicko

Originally posted by spacemanjupiter
reply to post by andre18

Um.... Where have you been? So, let me get this straight. All of the hundreds, probably thousands by now, of witnesses that include many respectable high ranking government and military officials are allllll..... delusional?

I think you have more work to do before you can come to such an illogical conclusion.

A bunch of high ranking government and military officials will tell you God exists...so by your reasoning God exists because somebody important says so...

There are also millions upon millions of people who will declare to you that a book is the word of God....:since there is a lot of them it must be true.

Wrong. I hate people who try to create false logic the way you do. Your post is in no way, shape, or form logical. spacemanjupiter was referring to eyewitness accounts that have been given by military personnel and officials of having SEEN UFOs and the like. Eyewitness testimonials and "declaring something exists" are two different things. So, no, your post fails in every way possible.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   

It is impossible we are alone. It is impossible they have not contacted us. It is impossible that you are correct.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
akiens dont contact using radio waves.. lol that is way to slow... they contact using water look that up

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by illuminatednotilluminati

Thats sounds interesting.

Care to share a few links to get people started.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by andre18

Are you therefore saying that all of those intelligent people with past previous security clearances involved in the disclosure project, ex government, ex intelligence, ex millitary and even non usa, i.e. ex canadian defence minister are all making up their stories about Aliens, visitations, UFOs, advanced technology etc? All of which are prepared to swear in front of congress that what they say they have seen or have been involved in is truth. And thats just the tip of the iceberg.

Even Michio Kaku as gone someway towards saying that 5% of UFO's are for real (why?). He also intimates that later this year we will all know more.

If there is nothing to hide about UFO's and Aliens then why are there so many secret reports, documents etc etc

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I understand you point, sir. However, there is a flaw. I see no belief. If you don't believe, then what good does it do. What you say it that you don't believe there is E.B.E.s out there because "you" haven't heard one peep out of them. Now I have seen some hidden documents away from the public and I have read them to the best of my extents. Here is one for you, look up "Operation Majestic-12" the FBI vault site. This operation involved salvaging an alien wreckage that has crashed recently (The document's date was 1991 and the crash was in 1949). If you still don't believe that there is no life out there, then say it out loud, because I'm not afraid for you to say it and I know and believe they are out there. However, I cannot change your beliefs because I'm not you.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
It was probably already mentioned that Hitler sent our first radio waves into space in 1939 (not the 50's) but the movie Contact was in error.

The First Radio Broadcast
The first extended broadcast of the human voice was transmitted through the air on December 24, 1906 from Brant Rock, Massachusetts. A Canadian engineer, Reginald Fessenden, had worked for Thomas Edison in his New Jersey Laboratory, and later became a professor at the University of Pittsburgh.

Just a minor point. But to the OP, I also could not provide any evidence that an intelligent alien being has ever been here before. Its nice to explain away what people aren't educated enough to know more about, or explain away the dreams of whims of fantasy to an 'alien' influence, but I myself have yet to be convinced of any alien artifacts or technology here.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Saying that with tech progress, within 100-200 years any civilization will make either themselves into robots or build intelligent robots to explore the universe, is , my opinion, not realistic. We are just beginning to understand how to make processors that mimic a few thousand neurons, or maybe tens of thousands. Anyway, that is a LONG way from the billions, trillions? number of neurons in the brain. Maybe a civ with a million year head start would have intelligent, autonomous robots, but I think most civs that would make contact with us, or us with them, would be similar to our tech level, or somewhat above. What would we have to offer intelligent robots? More likely, we would meet beings that are humanoid in shape and, to paraphrase the OP, 'squishy' bodies. I don't think its coincidence most contact stories claim meeting humanoids that just look somewhat different from us. I only know of a few stories mentioning what the person thought might be a 'robot'. The OP's contention that SETI would immediately disclose any alien message is naive. It would be held until it was decoded, and the meaning of the message discussed and plans made concerning what to do about it. We would be lucky to hear about it even a couple years after the fact, the government would censor it.

link   

Originally posted by The Sword
reply to post by andre18

The title is a pretty bold assertion to make.

I think there's plenty of eyewitness testimony, etc to show that they were here.

Just like religious people who claim god talked to them... none of them are really backed by scientific evidence

link   
Wether they're extra, or intraterestrial... or even from another dimension... who knows???? There are too many sightings for them all to be fake, on top of the eye witness testonies. There are stories, myths, legends. To go even further, even the moon is not really understood, what with its strange orbit and the ringing it emmits when something hits it. This might imply an artificial moon.

What about all the depictions of flying saucers in paintings froms the renaissance and the middle ages. I don't remember wich one, but a church in Turkey has a ceiling fresque that depicts one very clearly, look it up.

And what about all those strange artifacts that we can't explain. The "death-star like" balls found in number, The evidence of tampering with pictures of moon and planets......look carefully at the NASA videos and images available

I wasn't a believer up untill a few years ago. I started researching conspiracies, then hidden truths and myths and many different theories and points of view..... Although we don't have the "see, smell, touch" proof.... You gotta admit that there is A LOT of evidence pointing in the direction of these beeings' existence.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Wow, I honestly wish I caught this troll of a thread earlier, so I could ask the OP to debunk Stanton Friedman's documentary 'Flying Saucers Are Real!' ...

If he can prove Dr. Friedman is wrong, he's off to a good start... And if he's half as smart as he implies on his user profile, it shouldn't be hard at all...

So, I say to you, Andre18, the smartest man in the world, the ball is in your court (provided the troll can remember his password to the site
)

There's volume 1 & 2. Come back after some research, kiddo.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

Please then explain this.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by KrypticCriminal
They dont need a signal of any kind to know theres life on Earth. Now lets imagine its us who pick up possible photosythesis on a planet to use your example. Would we just ignore it, because that only means theres only signs of plant life? No because plant life is life, and where there are one kind of life, theres a good chance that there is a whole ecosytem that thrives around it. Making this planet ripe for exploration. Even if it is just to find different species of plants. No signal required.

Let's say aliens have made a list of all the planet's in their galaxy that have chlorophyll and we're on that list and we have been long enough for anybody who would be making such a list, who would already be able to send probes and learn more about us and maybe stop by.

Well i don't really know what to say to that, unfortunately that falls into the category of alien sociology, i don't know how you can even second guess their motivations, that's all i'm saying. Obviously implicit in all of this is the assumption that they make some sort of signal that you can detect. I mean that's very fundamental implicit assumption and even then that may not even be justified.

Some scientists try to make the assumption aliens might be willing to make some noise to let us know that they're there, but all you need to do is look at the controversy surrounding the matter of fact that SETI at conference in the UK discussed if they should even be broadcasting. It's a very heated debate if we even should be broadcasting, so to say that you know what the aliens are going to do, well i don't really know that there's a very good reason to believe anything about that.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Ok guys dont bash the OP to hard. He seems intelligent enough, the only mistake he made was declaring an absolute on a subject there is no way to know a absolute answer.

The problem I have with the idea that aliens have not found us yet is in systemic colonization.

Basically if any civilization in our galaxy has achieved space flight (even without the need to go faster than light) in the last 10 million years, every single star system in the galaxy would have been either explored and/or colonized by now. 10 million is very short when considering the age of the galaxy. It is very very improbable that intelligent species' have only been around in our galaxy for less than a few million years. Realistically some would have been around for hundreds of millions of years.

When I think about how fast a intelligent civilization would progress, compare it to the age of the universe and how long a civilization could be around with that progression... my head hurts.
edit on 17-4-2011 by TheKnave because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheKnave
Ok guys dont bash the OP to hard. He seems intelligent enough, the only mistake he made was declaring an absolute on a subject there is no way to know a absolute answer.

The problem I have with the idea that aliens have not found us yet is in systemic colonization.

Your right. What I did what uncalled for. Sorry OP for bashing on you. You have your beliefs and I have mine, nothing can change it but ourselves.

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join