It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens have not contacted us, therefore theres nothing to disclose

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by yic17

This video has the best info on the subject I have seen, I highly recommend anyone interested in the subject take the time to view it.

Project Camelot interviews Dr Steven Greer
www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by andre18

Originally posted by FlySolo

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1f76b82eb432.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 19-4-2011 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

I don't understand any of that, i'm horrible at math. Is that meant to be some sort of evidence of aliens?

You don't need to understand it. I don't. But this is just another example of all the stuff out there you don't know about. While you take stock in what the scientists tell you, which is fine BTW, you also need to investigate the other side of the story. You can't be biased when you are a skeptic.

That my friend, is a mathematical equation given to an abductee explaining how to bend space-time. While it is pointless to debate who he is and how he came up with that formula, seeing there will always be people attempting to debunk any evidence, you have to consider the possibility that this formula is correct.

You can read about it here.

www.rense.com...

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by WillNiendick

I am sorry, you are saying there is no scientific evidence for aliens? You need to read up my man, you are a sheep in a shopping mall of truth.

I would provide links, but most the websites are blocked on this school computer. I might care enough to edit my post when I get home. But I think trying to convince you is a lost cause.

What's the scientific evidence for aliens? This I have to see.
edit on 20-4-2011 by PhotonEffect because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhotonEffect

What's the scientific evidence for aliens? This I have to see.

+1

I too, would love to be made privy of this scientific evidence. I can also assure Willie(whatever the rest is) that were you to present PROOF, not speculation that can be taken 100 different ways, I will be happy to sing it from the mountaintops. And, I never sing....I'm not the type.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1f76b82eb432.jpg[/atsimg]

I don't understand any of that, i'm horrible at math. Is that meant to be some sort of evidence of aliens?

You don't need to understand it. I don't. But this is just another example of all the stuff out there you don't know about. While you take stock in what the scientists tell you, which is fine BTW, you also need to investigate the other side of the story. You can't be biased when you are a skeptic.

That my friend, is a mathematical equation given to an abductee explaining how to bend space-time. While it is pointless to debate who he is and how he came up with that formula, seeing there will always be people attempting to debunk any evidence, you have to consider the possibility that this formula is correct.

You can read about it here.

www.rense.com...

Of course he has only a 5th grade math competency... other wise it would render the entire story bunk now wouldn't it?

I don't buy it. But I'd be curious as to why you believe that to be proof of alien visitation. Why are you buying into that story?

I read it and don't find it all that amazing, to be honest.

Do you have any others that might provide better proof of alien visitation?

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by PhotonEffect

Friend, the answer is in the details. Details!
Read the link posted. All of it, then come back and debate this. I don't want to spoon feed you but I will give you a hint. He used his own formula to derive an exact answer out of Drake's equation. His method can not be found in a text book, yet the result is the same. It lends credence.

Edit to add:

You don't buy it because he only has 5th grade math? How does that make any sense? Its like saying the clear pictures must be hoaxed because the quality is too good. And the blurry pictures are hoaxed because the quality is too poor.

Stop the madness
edit on 20-4-2011 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Of course he has only a 5th grade math competency... other wise it would render the entire story bunk now wouldn't it?

I don't buy it. But I'd be curious as to why you believe that to be proof of alien visitation. Why are you buying into that story?

I read it and don't find it all that amazing, to be honest.

Do you have any others that might provide better proof of alien visitation?

Well photon, you know what? It is even simpler than that.

Realistically, there are maybe 3 or 4 people on EARTH who could positively judge the veracity of whether or not a mathematical equation resolves to a bending of space time.... and THAT is being generous. With that in mind, who is left to make some determination on the validity of what is in that image? I would be willing to wager no one on ATS.

Heck, for all we know, it could as equally be the formula for aquafresh as much as it could be for bending space time. In fact, I say it IS, the Aquafresh whitening formula..... will someone kindly show me the error of my ways?

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by alphabetaone

Originally posted by yic17

Then I thought that IF the government knows the existence of the greys. As human beings - what reason could they have to deceive their own people instead of gather the strength of people to fight back? Why spend so much resource to cover up this topic instead of using the resource to fight them?

Hi again yic, with respect to the above quote, (and taking a LOT as a huge IF) it would be easy to explain why they would hide it from their own people. For precisely the same reason they would hide an impending comet strike on an E.L.E. scale... because it would cause undue panic.

We all like to assume that the TRUTH is something we want....but I would ask that you reconsider that for a moment. There are over 1 billion Catholics, many Billion Muslims, and many other faiths that believe in a supreme being that is the end all creator of life. With respect to these religions, the core of that, is that human kind (on earth) is the center of the universe around which we were allegedly created in the supreme beings image (whether it be Allah, God, nome du jour of the creator). Now can you imagine the fallout that would be created by there actually BEING a disclosure, making the assumption that it is being covered-up in the first place?

It would throw the world into absolute turmoil most especially from a religious perspective...religion is by FAR, the absolute most powerful force on Earth next to mother nature herself...religion fuels war, it fuels hope, it fuels life and it fuels death...disclosing ET's would mean, to religion, that we in FACT, are not the center of the universe around which all religion is based.

Okay, makes sense. I am not a huge believer of religions but I can understand how people will react to it.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Read the link posted. All of it, then come back and debate this. I don't want to spoon feed you but I will give you a hint. He used his own formula to derive an exact answer out of Drake's equation. His method can not be found in a text book, yet the result is the same. It lends credence.

Listen fella-

I read it, and the comments at the bottom. I'm not buying it. And when I saw Richard C Hoagland I knew something was fishy.

If that's your best hand then I'm afraid you're not going to win.

You don't even know what it means. You have no proof of who actually wrote those supposed equations. You're just blindly buying the story.

Lets play the edit to add game:

Edit to add:

You don't buy it because he only has 5th grade math? How does that make any sense? Its like saying the clear pictures must be hoaxed because the quality is too good. And the blurry pictures are hoaxed because the quality is too poor.

Stop the madness

Stop what madness? If you're calling my use of logic madness then we live on different planets.

I don't buy it because it's all too convenient of a story. I thought to myself even before reading it that this guy probably will claim he has no prior knowledge of physics or something... I was close

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Your right just covering it up costs money. Not like the old days when UFO were right over the White House. Back then they were not trying to cover it up. I was when they got all the UFO technology they shut up tight.

On July 19 and 20, 1952, eight flying saucers flew directly over the White House, the Capitol building, and the Pentagon. They flew over restricted airspace, and they were tracked visually from the ground. The people in the control towers at Bolling Air Force Base, Washington National Airport, and Andrews Air Force Base all saw them as well. The radar at all three bases picked up the saucers as solid objects. Commercial airline pilots saw them and so did virtually every citizen in Washington DC.

Then to make matters worse, the saucers left, only to reappear one week later on July 26 and 27. Later investigations would show that over fifty saucers flew over Washington D.C. on a single day, May 23, 1952.

News Paper Article

www.aliens-everything-you-want-to-know.com...

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by yic17

Okay, makes sense. I am not a huge believer of religions but I can understand how people will react to it.

Agreed, in fact, I too am not at all religious...but since the majority are, it would be catastrophic.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I think there is too much irrefutable evidence showing someone or something has been visiting the earth for a long, long time. If you look at some of the early cave drawings you don't see pictures of cars, tv's or appliances but you do see pictures of men dressed in space suits and flying discs.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by lme7898354
I think there is too much irrefutable evidence

ir·ref·u·ta·ble    /ɪˈrɛfyətəbəl, ˌɪrɪˈfyutəbəl/ Show Spelled[ih-ref-yuh-tuh-buhl, ir-i-fyoo-tuh-buhl] Show IPA –adjective that cannot be refuted or disproved: irrefutable logic.

Definition of Irrefutable

All the evidence to date, can, in fact be refuted....if it were IRREFUTABLE, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by lme7898354
I think there is too much irrefutable evidence showing someone or something has been visiting the earth for a long, long time. If you look at some of the early cave drawings you don't see pictures of cars, tv's or appliances but you do see pictures of men dressed in space suits and flying discs.

The cave art is not irrefutable evidence, I'm sorry.

"Art" in its very nature is subjective. That means it has different meanings, depending on who is observing and interpreting it, to different people.

You shouldn't assume that's what the cavemen were drawing without having had the chance to sit them down and ask them what they were drawing...

c'mon, we can do better than that

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Listen fella-

I read it, and the comments at the bottom. I'm not buying it. And when I saw Richard C Hoagland I knew something was fishy.

If that's your best hand then I'm afraid you're not going to win.

You don't even know what it means. You have no proof of who actually wrote those supposed equations. You're just blindly buying the story.

Listen fella? Be careful with your words. I don't care much for Hoagland either but can you have any weaker of a straw man argument? What does hoagland have to do with it? Nothing. Very very poor rebuttal and typical. Try actually "thinking"

And no, I don't understand the atomic level of mathematics and I don't need to. Others do, and I read what they have to say about it. Get it yet, fella?

Edit to add:

Supposed equations? They ARE equations. Right in front of your nose.
Face palm...

edit on 20-4-2011 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Listen fella? Be careful with your words. I don't care much for Hoagland either but can you have any weaker of a straw man argument? What does hoagland have to do with it? Nothing. Very very poor rebuttal and typical. Try actually "thinking"

And no, I don't understand the atomic level of mathematics and I don't need to. Others do, and I read what they have to say about it. Get it yet, fella?

Relax with the threatening tone buddy. Why are you getting so bent out of shape?

I have no reason to buy into this story. None what so ever. And I only asked what your reasoning is. Abduction cases are the most questionable of the bunch to find truth in, in my opinion.

It's a man claiming to have been visited and then suddenly he can write these elaborate equations on his window with inly a 5th grade math competency. I love it! And you happened to figure out it has something to do with the drake equation. Well great. What's that supposed to mean? Should it make this story any more believable? Why?

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Relax with the threatening tone buddy. Why are you getting so bent out of shape?

I have no reason to buy into this story. None what so ever. And I only asked what your reasoning is. Abduction cases are the most questionable of the bunch to find truth in, in my opinion.

It's a man claiming to have been visited and then suddenly he can write these elaborate equations on his window with inly a 5th grade math competency. I love it! And you happened to figure out it has something to do with the drake equation. Well great. What's that supposed to mean? Should it make this story any more believable? Why?

That's better, a non patronizing question open for discussion.
Its apparent you didn't read the comments in the link I provided. I still haven't finished it. I didn't discover it had anything to do with Maxwell's equation in this particular ex-text, others did.

I'm at a loss why you don't ask how random scribble can be deciphered if it were indeed random scribble.

An electric charge in motion generates a magnetic field. This equation describes the relationship between the moving charge and the resulting magnetic field. B is this field, J is a flowing group of charges, and E/T_ is the time rate of change of the electric field produced by those charges. _ is the magnetic permeability of free space, normally written as _o, and c is the speed of light in a vacuum, 3 x 1010 cm/sec. What is interesting about the form here is that the symbol 1/c2 is not usually used-in fact, I have never seen it written this way in any textbook, even though it is correct. 1/c2 is equal to _o_o where _o is the permittivity of free space. Since Stan uses _ instead of _o, I would expect to see __ instead of 1/c2 here. This is how it is written in the textbooks. This may seem like a small point, but it does indicate to me a working knowledge of Maxwell's equations, and not just something copied from a textbook.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by alphabetaone

We should have the cold hard proof by now. But we don't. We're still searching. Some think they've been here for thousands of years... I'm not buying it, sorry...

I agree with some of what you said, (especially the unimaginable, almost unfathomable number of threads on UFO/Alien/Sightings and all the respective documents and supporting evidence) however, I am a believer of life beyond our own planet. I simply don't believe there are any ET life forms living amongst us, nor is our Government or any society living with them.

I am more a believer that "they" are likely in the same boat we are; we know it's out there, but we simply can't reach it.

The real evidence, to me, and in reality, is simply mathematics....billions upon billions of galaxy's which house billions upon billions of stars....mathematically, the likelihood that there is a life sustaining and life friendly solar system is unbelievably high. For it NOT to be true is more ignorant than it is false (given that).

Star.

I agree wholeheartedly with everything you said.

They're out there. Just not here.

There had to be a very distinct chain of events that needed to occur in order for me to exist and have the ability to communicate with you at this moment in time as we are.

For one thing it took 14 billion years to get to this point. So chances are that other life forms similar to ourselves are bound by the same sort of constraints as we are...

I can understand both of you guys' point of view and it makes perfect sense - from a certain perspective.

I am no scientist .. I am pretty bad at it actually. I am more of a psychologist and philosopher. I like to study human behaviors, how humans think, the mind, and that sort of stuff.

And from years of learning about human beings .. it is my current belief that humans of today are strongly driven by their ego of self. Ego makes ourselves think we are the best, above all others, and that IF we are this way - everyone else must be the same or below us.

Ego blocks us from seeing beyond ourselves. Whenever we see things, we see through the ego - our own perspective. In other words, ego blocks us from seeing reality as it is. And while it is never possible for one person to see things beyond his or her own perspective .. it is possible for one to learn to see things in multiple perspectives - by believing what you do NOT believe, by trying out another perspective that is not of your own. While that perspective will STILL go through your original perspective - it is however a contradiction to your original perspective thus creating different experiences.

Another strong belief I have about humans at this point is that we are very ignorant when it comes to many things - such as the universe. We really should not make too strong of a claim about anything not only because it may not be how reality is - it can also stop us from finding out how reality is. I think it is very important to always keep in mind to yourself that no matter how much you know - you are still ignorant. And it's not a bad thing - it's a good thing in fact - in my opinion. Because it allows your mind to accept different points of views, the ability to absorb different schools of thoughts, more knowledge - than if you think you are all knowing.

With those said (Ego & Ignorance) - my point is ... while I can understand both of your perspectives and it makes sense from a certain perspective. There could be many other perspectives on how aliens ARE here that also make perfect logical sense. Even if there may not be hard proof (but thousands of possible evidence) ... it is still a possibility. In other words, I'm just saying to give this thought a chance. You don't have to drop your original belief - you just keep both beliefs as possibilities (with your original belief as 90% possible and new belief 10% possible).

"For one thing it took 14 billion years to get to this point. So chances are that other life forms similar to ourselves are bound by the same sort of constraints as we are..."

While this can make sense .. but we also got to count in the possibility that we do not know what THEY may know. As I said, our ego and ignorance make us think that if we know this much - they must also know the same or less. It is hard for human ego to think that others might be above us. For example, just because it took humans 14 billion years - who is to say that it didn't take only 10 billion years for a specific ET race? I mean .. that is 4 BILLION YEARS apart. Think about it .. just as a possibility .. that ONE ET race is 4 BILLION YEARS more advanced than us. Is it NOT a possibility? Is there hard proof to say that is not possible? In science, don't some organisms begin earlier than others?

I am just saying .. we really don't know much about the possibilities of ETs.

And I want to add - my personal opinion - that we should not only believe in hard proofs. Thousands of "possible" evidences MEAN something. Hundreds of ex-government officials making statements + documents as proofs, FBI official documents stating UFO existence, thousands of videos captured (do u really think it's possible that thousands of regular families with no video editing background just suddenly start to make these UFO videos with video editing that actually requires YEARS of skill?! I know it takes at least months to years of skill because I have learned them in school ...), thousands of ET abductees with physical proofs, ancient civilization cities with architectures that CANNOT be created unless with MODERN TECHNOLOGY, evidence of nuclear attacks on ancient (thousands of years old) cities ... I mean come on, you are really going to deny all of those "possible" evidences just because there is no hard proof (yet)?

It's like ... 1 million people ate this fruit and got sick ... they claimed that there's something wrong with this fruit. Now, while scientists cannot find anything wrong with this fruit (yet) ... can you really just say "nope, nothing wrong with this fruit. move on." I mean come on ... even without hard proofs - 1 million people getting sick deserves some looking into. That's all I'm saying ... that "something" is wrong. ETs from outer space or not - I don't believe millions of people are just crazy making all these up - once again, hundreds of ex-government officials (heck, even current government officials), official documents from FBI & military, ancient civilization cities of THOUSANDS years old with NUCLEAR BOMB evidence (every time I say this, people just ignore it like they didn't read or hear it. I mean scientists have already proved that these cities show evidence of nuclear bombing just like any place that have been nuked in modern day) ...

Just give it a chance. That's all I'm saying.
edit on 20-4-2011 by yic17 because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-4-2011 by yic17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Does anyone have a comment on whether áliens´are different than spirits?

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by gg03081966

There is some blurring of lines there. Ghost have been know to stick around for about 200 - 300 years then after that they generally just fade away. Other demons and occult entities have been speculated for staying around a lot longer, the ongoing ritual and belief systems appear to help with that. The astral and other similar planes have also been attributed to where some entities reside.

With some of these ET appearing to come from other dimensions, the Norway and Russian spirals for example it is hard to say just how many other planes of existence there are. As for where our spirits go after we die and enter the white light, Arcturus is one place that has been speculated, there are others.

Some ET races appear to be void of any spirit, the Greys for example as they are part of a borg like collective. In looking around at the different theories and stories for just what is out there, it looks complex and diverse.

new topics

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27 >>

join